Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Never mind.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

bullwinkle posted:

Job Opening: Santa Monica, CA

I want to hire a goon. Again.

We're looking for a digital media assistant to do the grunt work - posting ads, running reports, taking screenshots. It's a great, just-out-of-college or I-hate-my-first-job-out-of-college-I-want-a-new-one kind of opening.

Looking for someone who wants to work in advertising (on the internet!) and knows something about analytics, economics or data.

PM me if you're interested or want more details.

Hey, I'd love more info on this position - I don't have PM either. I am qualified, however - I've worked in the industry for the past 6 years and can do pretty much anything involving a computer and a camera. My email address is asterios.kokkinos@gmail.com.

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457

bullwinkle posted:

Job Opening: Santa Monica, CA

PM'd for more details.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

PMd as well, waiting on reply.

Brydinut
Dec 20, 2006

PM'd as well. Good luck, fellow competition!

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

This is why i always feel the temptation on craigslist to report every job posting I reply to. Then I realize that would be bad karma.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

TheTarrasque posted:

This is why i always feel the temptation on craigslist to report every job posting I reply to. Then I realize that would be bad karma.

I don't get it.

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister
Swing your swift sword now
To keep anyone else from applying for it.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Job Opening: Schaumburg, IL (Chicagoland) and/or Toronto, CA
Instructional Designer & Multimedia Developer
http://embanet.com/careers/current-opportunities.asp

My company is in DESPERATE need for a talented Instructional Designer. We're a company that works with higher-ed institutions from all over the country to bring their Masters-level and higher courses online using a variety of LMS.

From the site:

Job description:

The instructional is responsible for the development and revision of curricular products for Embanet’s Knowledge Partners. This position works directly with subject matter experts and school personnel. The Instructional Designer will work as an integral part of a collaborative instructional development team responsible for the assessment, design, development, and evaluation of 100% online courses. This individual is will conceptualize and storyboard instructionally sound, interactive, engaging web-based course components and input these components into learning management systems.

Qualifications:

* Minimum of a bachelor degree in education or a related degree.
* Knowledge of adult learning principles, facilitation and learner-centered activities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience in instructional design and learning management systems.
* Ability to be creative, flexible, and innovative in course design.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritizes, and meets deadlines.

Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter outlining why their candidacy should be considered to hr@embanet.com. No telephone calls please. Only those who meet the criteria will be contacted.

The Straight Dope

This is a pretty fast-paced, client-facing, deadline-driven job. When it rules, it rules. Right now it does NOT rule because some clients shuffled their schedule around and one of our IDs quit, creating a perfect storm of poo poo where we're all way overworked. Be prepared to hit the ground running. E-learning and/or higher education experience will really benefit you here. HTML code/Dreamweaver/LMS & CMS experience also a big bonus.

Note: They're not looking for coders. You need to be ready to provide suggestions that help professors improve their courses, and you then need to be able to help implement them.

(Also, we need more Multimedia guys but that's not my area of expertise, so check the site for that.)

If you get to the interview stage or have any other questions, email me at piperifle at gmail and I'll help you out and give you my info so I can get a fat referral bonus if you don't stink out loud.

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008
Job seeker, Chicago

Experience: Worked in a warehouse and I work at my school's computer lab right now.

Education: Just goin' to a local college.

Skills: Forklift training and goon-level ability to use a computer.

What I'm looking for: Full-time.

What I'm NOT looking for: Unpaid, part-time.

Where I live: Grayslake, IL

Where I'm looking: Anything within 1-1.5 hours driving distance, preferably not in the city but I'll take what I can get.

When I can start: Immediately

Requirements: Full time

Can be reached via: PM or mcnallysm@gmail.com

PipeRifle posted:

Job Opening: Schaumburg, IL (Chicagoland)

I'd love to apply, but I don't qualify in the least :(

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

PipeRifle posted:

My company is in DESPERATE need for a talented Instructional Designer.
Dammit, this is like the perfect job for me but I have no way of surviving in the Chicago area. Got anything in St. Paul? :(

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

PipeRifle posted:

Hey, you have any more information about this job (rough salary range, benefits, etc)? or the admissions advisor they have listed?

I have a bachelor's in social studies education and about 5 years of tech support...much of that working with professors/teachers educationally with background on CMS/LMS packages - my own personal favorite being Moodle. If the terms are good enough, I might consider it and I'm originally from the chicago area.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Oxphocker posted:

Hey, you have any more information about this job (rough salary range, benefits, etc)? or the admissions advisor they have listed?

I have a bachelor's in social studies education and about 5 years of tech support...much of that working with professors/teachers educationally with background on CMS/LMS packages - my own personal favorite being Moodle. If the terms are good enough, I might consider it and I'm originally from the chicago area.

We work heavily in Moodle, though some clients still use Blackboard/Vista/Angel and some other variants. I think the benefits package is listed somewhere on the site, but it's decent Blue Cross, Blue Shield IL for health and vision, with a dental discount plan as well as some life insurance stuff. I think the starting salary range is $40-50k; two years of content development in the commercial sector landed me somewhere in the middle.

I don't personally work with Admissions very much, but they seem to be more numbers-based (how many can we sign on?) rather than the deadline-driven course development work. We also constantly talk about hiring Moodle developers, and your Moodle experience and tech support background could probably land you a position somewhere in the company, if not necessarily on my team.

Our HR team is really responsive; you can email them to tell them Chase in the Schaumburg office clued you in to the job, but you had a few questions before proceeding.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Update: the job is back up on CareerBuilder, and I've been told that this is the best way to go about things:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=QHKCV&ff=21&APath=2.21.0.0.0&job_did=J8E5CS795WYGP9SV02H

So, apply using Careerbuilder, and they'll check that regularly. Also, send me your resume to piperifle at the Gmail and tell me that you've applied. I'll look over your stuff and if I think you're a good fit I'll pass on your name for "worth a look" or "I've got a good feeling about this one", etc. That's about all the pull I really have, but it's better than nothing.

Long story short, CareerBuilder first, then email HR if you have any questions, then send me your stuff if you're still interested and I'll do a quick on-the-ground assessment. You don't have to go through that last step, but every little bit helps.

Edit: FYI don't sweat the minimum experiences and stuff too much; I came from a corporate training background of 2 years and a Journalism degree before that. If they think you've got the chops, they'll know. And we're desperate for good candidates, so apply away!

SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT EDIT: My bosses are in love with the theory of Understanding By Design. Acquaint yourself with even the basics for instant bonus points. Try this line: when they ask you how you go about formulating qualitative assessments, go "Tell me this, have you ever heard of Wiggins and McTighe's principles of Understanding by Design?" Pepper it in throughout your cover letter, too!

PipeRifle fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 21, 2010

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PipeRifle posted:

SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT EDIT: My bosses are in love with the theory of Understanding By Design. Acquaint yourself with even the basics for instant bonus points. Try this line: when they ask you how you go about formulating qualitative assessments, go "Tell me this, have you ever heard of Wiggins and McTighe's principles of Understanding by Design?" Pepper it in throughout your cover letter, too!

Heh...I knew what this was without even knowing 'understanding by design'...in education classes we just call it backwards design. Anyone who has had curriculum development of any sort will be very familiar with this even if not knowing it by name. All my methods classes emphasized backwards design, and it makes a lot of sense to know what outcomes you want before starting in the first place.

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Oxphocker posted:

Heh...I knew what this was without even knowing 'understanding by design'...in education classes we just call it backwards design. Anyone who has had curriculum development of any sort will be very familiar with this even if not knowing it by name. All my methods classes emphasized backwards design, and it makes a lot of sense to know what outcomes you want before starting in the first place.

Yeah, it's a lot of common sense, but I guess Wiggins and McTighe have a whole suite of additional insight, or other additions, or something that makes my company love them. Dropping UBD by name will work wonders.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Job seeker, Ann Arbor, MI

4yr experience in an operations/administrative role for an airline, managing a professional staff of 400 crew members.

I have a strong aviation background but able and willing to learn something new. I am a fully licensed commercial pilot (just in case anyone is looking for one!) but right now I'm just enjoying flying on the side recreationally).

I have a huge interest in fixing equipment but I'm sure I would need some formal training at some point should I choose to go that route. I am also very good with computers so an IT position wouldn't be impossible for me.

I'm currently in Minneapolis but I will be moving to MI as soon as I get a job there so I'm really looking for any FULL TIME job in the area that pays at least $30k.

two_beer_bishes fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 28, 2016

Limited time offer
Apr 4, 2009
Job Seeker in NYC

Education: Master of Science in Marketing

Experience: I’ve done a wide variety of analytics, mostly using Excel. I also have experience doing consulting and market research projects for companies ranging from small local businesses up to Hewlett Packard. If it has to do with Marketing, I can probably do it. Aside from marketing, I have plenty of administrative/assistant experience.

Skills: Office suite (especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word). Some experience in SAS and SPSS. I have extensive experience writing and editing business documents.

What I’m looking for: Pretty much any full-time work(I'm open to entry level positions). I’d prefer the Marketing field if possible, but I am definitely interested in other sectors.

What I’m NOT looking for: Part-time positions, non-paying internships, sales positions, commission-based positions.

Can be reached via: PM or LimitedTimeOfferSA at gmail

Limited time offer fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 30, 2010

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PipeRifle posted:

Yeah, it's a lot of common sense, but I guess Wiggins and McTighe have a whole suite of additional insight, or other additions, or something that makes my company love them. Dropping UBD by name will work wonders.

Never got a response from HR about the questions I sent them...haven't submitted an app yet because I wanted to know more.. It's been the better part of a week.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

My company (Big international oil and gas) is looking to hire around 3 new engineering grads out of college. We're based out of Houston and you'll be spending time in the office and offshore. Of course, with the situation we have currently you probably won't be going offshore until the new year.

Contact me via PM for details.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Job Seeker in Ohio

Education: High school

Experience: Customer service, computer repair

Skills: Hardware and software troubleshooting, Windows systems, minor networking. I'm a quick learner, though.

What I’m looking for: Anything full-time, really. I'd shovel gravel eight hours a day if it was a steady check.

What I’m NOT looking for: No part-time, no internships.

Location: Mansfield, OH area would be ideal, but some travel is okay. Can't afford to move yet, though.

Can be reached via: Can't PM (no platinum), email at Cheezymadman at yahoo

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

MrMidnight posted:

My company (Big international oil and gas) is looking to hire around 3 new engineering grads out of college. We're based out of Houston and you'll be spending time in the office and offshore. Of course, with the situation we have currently you probably won't be going offshore until the new year.

Contact me via PM for details.

What kind of engineers? Many different types can fit into an oil and gas company. Chemical, industrial, mechanical, and I think there is such a thing as petroleum engineering.

I can't afford something frivolous like an upgrade to get PM's (hell my car's tank has been on E for 3 weeks now, I'm gambling like hell on saving money), but if you think an Aerospace Engineering grad has a chance (tons of overlap with Mechanical Engineering, so if you're looking for one of those I can fill it), then say so and I'll post my e-mail in here.

Edit: I'll work for free if the main method of transport to the oil rig is by helicopter.

ApathyGifted fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 2, 2010

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Found something!

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Aug 17, 2010

RTB
Sep 19, 2004

Hiring like crazy over the last year. Everything from IT to customer service reps to marketing. Mainly in Florida and Illinois, but some stuff other places as well.

http://corporate.rasmussen.edu/careers/

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

PipeRifle posted:

I could so do this job if I believed education should involve hippy interactive crap.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Job seeker in Philadelphia, PA / Surrounding Areas

Education: BA in Economics and History

Looking for: Sales or Sales Operations

Experience: 1 year in lead generation/appointment setting for an IT sales/services company, ~6 months as a team leader for lead gen team, very experienced with Salesforce.com, prospecting for new clients, building rapport and finding pain points, etc.

What I am looking for: Full-time, permanent work. Salary + commission or straight salary.

I can be reached at...ecksile@gmail.com

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.

RTB posted:

Hiring like crazy over the last year. Everything from IT to customer service reps to marketing. Mainly in Florida and Illinois, but some stuff other places as well.

is this you?

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

sbaldrick posted:

I could so do this job if I believed education should involve hippy interactive crap.

The website probably makes it sound more dreamy/head-in-the-clouds than it really is. Our level of interactivity is usually dictated by how boring our subject matter is. Since we work online, there's no way to monitor engagement as effectively as in an on-the-ground course.

So if we know that they have to actively participate (click a mouse to advance a screen, etc.) in order to get the information needed to pass a graded assessment, and THEY know it, it keeps them from wandering off or falling asleep.

Interactivity is the de facto attendance policy of online learning!

seakindliness
Apr 23, 2009

RTB posted:

Any idea how long these jobs are going to be available? There's one position that would be a pretty good for someone I know but he needs to polish the old resume before sending it in. How fast are you guys hiring?

RTB
Sep 19, 2004

seakindliness posted:

Any idea how long these jobs are going to be available? There's one position that would be a pretty good for someone I know but he needs to polish the old resume before sending it in. How fast are you guys hiring?

Sorry I can't be much help as I don't work in recruiting. I would imagine they wouldn't get filled overnight, but as with any opening, the longer you wait the more likely it is to be filled.

I can say that even if it does get filled I would suggest sending in the resume just in case as there may be similar openings later in the year.

Best of luck!

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Job Seeker, San Jose/Sacramento

I'm looking to get into tech support and get a leg-up into a future with IT. My only real experience, though, is fixing my own PC, my friends', or my families' computers. Any chance anyone's willing to help me get more experience in the field?

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
I'd say pick up an A+ Certification book, read it, study it, etc. Then get one of those exam cram books. Take A+ exam, pass. That will help you get into Tier 1/Geek Squad type jobs.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Job Seeker. DC Metro Area.

Currently seeking an entry level office job in the DC metro area.

I'm open to just about anything and I do have limited experience with IT. I have no certs though, just a few semesters of Cisco CCNA and personal experience. I'm preferably looking to get into anything that involves writing/research/analysis. I would love to get my foot in the door doing technical writing if anyone knows of anything.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 11, 2010

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
San Mateo, California

A bunch of tech related positions.

Senior Java Software Engineer
Senior Server Developer
Web Developer
etc.

http://www.deviceanywhere.com/careers.html

FluffieDuckie
May 11, 2005

removed

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 25, 2014

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

Boondock Saint posted:

Job Seeker. DC Metro Area.

Currently seeking an entry level office job in the DC metro area.

I'm open to just about anything and I do have limited experience with IT. I have no certs though, just a few semesters of Cisco CCNA and personal experience. I'm preferably looking to get into anything that involves writing/research/analysis. I would love to get my foot in the door doing technical writing if anyone knows of anything.

I have something. gchat me at david.gaffin (at) gmail.com.

Jesa
Dec 3, 2007

beep beep
Job seeker in Houston, TX

Education: Associate Degree, Business Program
Looking for: full-time Clerical, Administrative or Retail Management
Experience: Several years operations/general manager of small retail shop and several years managing a small office. Microsoft proficient & moderately able with Mac.
Willing to learn and branch out into just about anything, but I am especially keen on anything that will get me closer to my goal of a career in accounting & eventually becoming a CPA.
I can be reached at jeswalsh at yahoo dot com my resume is ready and waiting!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

What the hell, let's give this another try.

Job seeker in Cincinnati, OH (also open to Dayton, OH)

Education: BA in History and German, Miami University (Ohio)
Looking For: Administrative support and infrastructure (entry-level or 1-2 years experience), historical archive/records administration, really anything that utilizes my fluency in the German language and/or matches my skills below.
Experience: 1 year as a German translator/European liaison at a multinational salon product corporation (duties including but not limited to: project coordination, technical support, crafting and maintenance of standard operating procedure for a medium-sized technical support department, native-language telephone support to colleagues operating in German sister offices, responsible for interviewing potential new employees with German fluency). Beyond that, 2 years retail sales/customer service experience, 1 year as a public historian/assistant archivist, Miami University Archives.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio (but willing to commute to Dayton if necessary).

My office support experience is pretty wide-ranging and I have a good framework upon which to build my skills. Computer skills in: Microsoft XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office 2003/2007, Adobe Creative Suite, Service Desk Express, SAP, Active Directory management, Microsoft Exchange. Ideally, I would not be seeking a position in IT, but my existing skills will enable me to dive into any position without much software training.

I'm kinda reluctant to post my email here, so please contact me via PM or reply to this post and I'll contact you.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I guess I'll get in on this too:

Job-Seeker (will be) in Washington DC

I just got my M.A. in South Asian Cultures and Languages. I speak Hindi and Urdu and some Spanish. I'm pretty awesome at research and writing and I also have experience planning events for my department. I have also worked a wide variety of administrative jobs including: Receptionist at a Synagogue, admin assistant for the faculty search committee of a chemistry department, student worker in the accounting office of that same department, etc etc. I'm a spreadsheet and powerpoint master as well as a "self starter" and "team player" and all those other awesome things.

I'm arriving in DC towards the end of August and while I would prefer to get some sort of analyst position which would involve some translation work, I'm also open to an admin position to at least support myself while I'm getting settled in DC.

Any suggestions? I have PM, otherwise email me at elizannebow@gmail.com

p.s. I'm also open to positions in Minnesota, Texas, New York or Washington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I know someone who works at Google looking to hire people for:

Commerce Partner Manager
Product Taxonomy Specialist
Commerce Data Quality Specialist (no job description given, but similar to the above qualifications with more of an emphasis on technical or abuse-fighting experience)

I imagine they won't be relocating anyone for these positions, and Google's choosiness is legendary, but PM me if you think you can make the cut and want more details. I can get you in touch with the right people.

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 13, 2010