Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Splinter, the Mindthief

If you guys want, I can either try and blow up the bandit archer or I can push one of the living bones out of the way to make room for us to get in the room and start looting.

(I thought putting my character in the post would help us not get confused with who is who.)

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
What's everyone's plan this turn? I think I'll be moving in and probably face tanking the trap so I can set up a big turn after that.

How many charges are left on Backup Ammo?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I feel like we're in a good place card and health wise, so unless there are any objections maybe we should try and take down the remaining archer and elite living bones and just kind of let the last normal living bones hit us a couple times as we walk around and loot?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Seems reasonable. I have way more coins than I thought, so I'm more than happy to farm XP while you guys get coins and the chest.

Also, I just double checked the rulebook and at Scenario level 1, which I'm sure we're at, traps deal 3 damage, not 2.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 30, 2018

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

Seems reasonable. I have way more coins than I thought, so I'm more than happy to farm XP while you guys get coins and the chest.

Also, I just double checked the rulebook and at Scenario level 1, which I'm sure we're at, traps deal 3 damage, not 2.

We ended up doing scenario level 0 IIRC? That's probably why we're in such a good place.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Yes, we're playing party level -1; lvl0 monsters are considerably weaker than their lvl1 counterpart (due to a couple of missing abilities and lower stats) but I didn't want for the first Scenario to melt some faces off while using the - untested - intent system. We'll most likely swap to Lvl1 for the next Scenario, unless the thread want to keep going like this.

Some Numbers, you have 2 charges left on Backup Ammunition and SalTheBard has 3 more Warding Strenght triggers. There is a counter for this on the second column of the spreadsheet cause I didn't know where to best keep track of this.

E:

Reik posted:

Splinter, the Mindthief

:stonklol:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 30, 2018

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Okay, well it looks like I can still avoid the trap and get where I need to go.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Could I possibly loot some gold? I feel the need for heavy pockets

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Sure, where do you plan on going to loot, and are you still going to be able to hit someone?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

As I said, I already have 6 coins, so I'm happy to aim for XP over more coins.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Reik posted:

Sure, where do you plan on going to loot, and are you still going to be able to hit someone?

Let me think on that

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Orders are in, update to follow!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Black Barrow, Update 9

Last Round pending actions posted:

None!

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green in turns following the one they are played in. Available items are also shown there.

Master Splinter (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 11 with Empathetic Assault and Fearsome Blade. INTENT: perform 2 powerful loss attacks and gain xp, if possible; basic move closer to the enemies if there is no melee option for Fearsome Blade bot; do not kill the last remaining enemy; use Cloak of Invisibility.
code:
"EMPATHETIC ASSAULT (11) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK4, Range4 - DISARM - Generate ICE - XP2 - LOSS
BOT: MOVE2 - HEAL2 self"

"FEARSOME BLADE (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - PUSH3 - XP1
BOT: MOVE4 - ATK2 - XP2 - LOSS"
Rocky (Hand8, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Massive Boulder. INTENT: move closer to the action and heal self; or heal someone else if they are more damaged.
code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"
Bullwinkle (Hand6, Discarded0, Active1, Lost3) is acting at initiative 54 with Sweeping Blow and Leaping Cleave. INTENT: jump in position to pbaoe attack 3 enemies, preferably while moving north.

MONSTERS OVERWIEV

That IMMOBILIZE the Archer is dishing out could throw a wrench into Bullwinkle's plan. The Living Bones are showing one of their classic tricks: attack twice the same hero!

Black Barrow, Round 8 posted:

11. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Reik)
Master Splinter uses Empathetic Assault (top)! Attacks Living Bones 8(E) for 6 (4base, +2mod) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Living Bones 8(E) is killed!
Generates ICE
Master Splinter uses Fearsome Blade (bot)! Moves 2 to F4(3). Attacks Living Bones 6 for 8 (2base, +2bonus, x2mod) damage! Gains 2XP. LOSS card!
Living Bones 6 is killed!
Master Splinter executes automatic end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token.
Master Splinter uses Cloak of Invisibility! Gains INVISIBLE!
Master Splinter's attack modifiers deck is shuffled!

:pwn:
Remember when the plan was "go slow and loot everything that is not nailed down?" Master Splinter does not care for trinkets and baubles. She craves for blood (skeleton blood?). Loss cards are quite powerful, double so when mixed up with a +2 and a x2 crit modifier; by the way, an attacker's attack modifiers are added to the calculation before the crit card is revealed, as you can see.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Some Numbers)
Rocky uses Massive Boulder (bot)! Moves 4 to E5(3)!
Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (top)! Heal self for 4HP (2 overheal).
Generates EARTH.
Rocky is at 10 HP

This round is a bit of a conundrum. Rocky could draw fire from the Archer, but:
A) Some Numbers explicitly stated they don't want to trigger the trap and they could only draw fire by moving to I5(3), and they would need to trigger the trap to do so; not that it would matter much, as Rocky would be able to heal the damage from the trap.
B) Rocky would lose their next turn, since they can't risk killing the Archer before the looting has ended, and they would be IMMOBILIZEd.
On the other hand, Bullwinkle is going to lose this turn; and the general party consensus was for them to be able to loot.
I've done some thinking and I've left the things as they were, since:
1) This more closely matches Some Numbers's intent as I don't know what they plan to do in the future;
2) SalTheBard was planning a power attack turn, but after Master Splinter's massacre, there's not much to attack;
3) This way, every player should be able to act normally next turn.

If the party has different ideas, we can retcon this move, since the board state is simple enough. Let me know and it'll be done.
EDIT: the party HAS a different idea! Reik is not going to activate the Cloak of Invisibility and Master Splinter will tank the arrow.

29. Bandit Archer 3
Bandit Archer 3 focuses Bullwinkle!
Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (1base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage.
Warding Strenght's 4th trigger!
Bullwinkle is IMMOBILIZED!

Attacks Master Splinter for 1 (1base, +0mod) damage.
Master Splinter is IMMOBILIZED!

Certain monster ability cards have a small "recycle" symbol on the bottom right; these are usually unique or powerful moves. Whenever one of these cards is drawn, that monster ability deck gets shuffled at the end of the round.

54. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (SalTheBard)
Bullwinkle uses Leaping Cleave (bot)! Moves 2 to E3(3).
Generates AIR.
Bullwinkle executes automatic end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token.
Can't use Sweeping Blow (top)! No target in range for the attack.

END OF ROUND ACTIONS
ICE is waning.
EARTH is waning.
Air is waning.

NOTE: Air is waning instead of being strong, as per the screenshot above.

if anyone is wondering why their players are not trying to kill the last Archer, the reason is that any Scenario ends at the end of the round the objective is completed in; this scenario's objectives is to kill all Monsters, so the party will not be able to properly loot everything if the Archer dies. The party is in a rather good shape since we have played on easy - so they can afford to play around with the last enemy for a bit. This is unusual, as Scenarios are very well balanced on Normal and it normally takes almost all the players's resources to get through them. The players still have a large hand size, so they can just shrug off any serious damage by burning through cards; we'll play one or two more rounds and then we'll somehow speed through this phase to avoid things from getting too boring :)

Reik, Some Numbers and SalTheBard, please submit your orders for round 9!
- Specify two plans, using the two possible combinations of top/bottom. PLAN A is your preferred one.
- Select one or more preferred target(s) for your attacks. (IE: "n.3"; or "n.4 if it's still alive, otherwise n.5")
- Select one or more preferred final location for your movements.
- Specify the maximum enemy focus threshold you will tolerate: if your selected orders move you in a place that puts you into N+ enemy focus, I'll try to accomodate that into your orders. This is to avoid potential suicide rushes, since you will operate without full knowledge of potential enemy positions.
- (OPTIONAL) add your intention for the round. This will allow me to better understand and execute your idea (IE: I want to grab focus from the enemies trying to kill PlayerX).

We're going to skip one day to allow everyone to properly celebrate New Year's Eve!
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: JANUARY 2, 3AM EST:getin:
(If the players prefer to, we can postpone one more day to allow proper recovery after the celebrations :) )

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 31, 2018

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Well that loving sucked

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Yeah, the immobilize cards on the archers can be a serious kick in the pants. Sorry about that, with only one archer left though we should be able to just tank the shots while we run around and loot.

Since I had killed both living bones, I probably would've not used my cloak of invis and chosen to draw archer fire, to be honest.

Reik fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 31, 2018

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

If you want to, Reik, I can change that easily enough. I presume SalTheBard would just move north without attacking in that case?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

That Italian Guy posted:

If you want to, Reik, I can change that easily enough. I presume SalTheBard would just move north without attacking in that case?

Please do.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Disregard: I understand what you are saying

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I've edited the update with the new desired course of action.

Since you don't have any LOOT cards left, SalTheBard, I've moved you to E3(3) to maximize your looting potential.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Thanks. I didn't think I would achieve my PQ so I didn't really think about card management.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I’m not planning on moving, so if it works better for me to be Immobilized that’s fine.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

I’m not planning on moving, so if it works better for me to be Immobilized that’s fine.

If you want, you could move closer to grab focus from the archer next turn. Spread out the damage for the multi target heals.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Friendly reminder to our players that orders are due in ~8.5h :)

And Happy New Year, everyone!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'm actually going to go ahead and long rest this round, not much I can do while immobile. I'll pick up the Mind's Weakness and lose Scurry.

Reik fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 2, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Black Barrow, Update 10

Last Round pending actions posted:

None!

PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green in turns following the one they are played in. Available items are also shown there.

Bullwinkle (Hand2, Discarded1, Active3, Lost4) is acting at initiative 54 with Provoking Roar and Spare Dagger. INTENT: move north and loot as much as possible. Do not attack.
code:
"PROVOKING ROAR (10) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2 - DISARM
BOT: Round bonus Any enemy who targets one of your adjacent allies with an attack this round targets you with that attack instead, regardless of the attack's range."

"SPARE DAGGER (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - XP1
BOT: ATK2"
Rocky (Hand4, Discarded4, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 61 with Dirt Tornado and Crater. INTENT: move adjacent to the remaining Archer, burning EARTH to get XP, in position to LOOT1 next round. Short Rest to get the LOOT card back. Do not attack.
code:
"DIRT TORNADO (82) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK1, Range2, AOE (check image), Consume EARTH:+1ATK, XP1 
- MUDDLE all allies and enemies in the targeted area.
BOT: Move 3"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"
Master Splinter (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 99 and performing a Long Rest; she'll pick up the Mind's Weakness and lose Scurry.

MONSTERS OVERWIEV

The Archer could cause heavy damage to our little Mindthief this round! When an hero goes to 0 HP, they are exhausted (same as if they had run out of cards and couldn't rest). An exhausted hero is removed from the game, but they still "win" together with the party, if their companions manage to succeed without them.

Black Barrow, Round 9 posted:

54. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (SalTheBard)
Bullwinkle uses Provoking Roar (top)! No action taken.
Bullwinkle uses Spare Dagger (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves 2 to A3(3)
Bullwinkle executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token.

Once a hero starts running low on cards, exhaustion becomes a very serious issue; SalTheBard will have to either short rest at the end of this turn or spend the next one performing a Long Rest...and even then, the Brute's not long for this world!

32. Bandit Archer 3
Bandit Archer 3 focuses Master Splinter!
Attacks Master Splinter for 4 (3base, +1mod) damage.
Master Splinter discards Submissive Affliction to prevent the damage!

The Mindthief is 100% reliant on positioning, initiative, high damage and dirty tricks to avoid becoming a pincushion. You can see how a single turn under enemy focus could be devastating for Master Splinter, especially at higher difficulty levels! I presume Reik will burn a card from their hand (or 2 from their discard pile) here to prevent the damage, or Rocky's next move would be fatal.
EDIT: and so it was!

61. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Some Numbers)
Rocky uses Dirt Tornado (top)! No action taken!
Rocky uses Crater (bot)! Deals 1 damage to Master Splinter! Jumps 4 to L2(3). Gains 1XP. Consumes EARTH! Deals 2 damage to Bandit Archer 3! Gains 1XP. LOSS card!
Bandit Archer 3 is at 2 HP
Master Splinter is exhausted!
Master Splinter at 4 HP
Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token.
Rocky executes a Short Rest! Recovers all discarded cards, loses Opposing Strike!

Treasure tiles are looted the same way coin tokens are; whenever a numbered Treasure tile is looted, the content is immediately revealed.

99. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (Reik)
Master Splinter executes a Long Rest! Recovers all discarded and active cards, loses Scurry! Heals self for 2 HP!
Master Splinter is at 6 HP

END OF ROUND ACTIONS
ICE is inert
AIR is inert
Bullwinkle executes a short rest! Recovers all discarded cards, loses Spare Dagger!

Reik, please let me know which card(s) you want to burn to prevent the Archer attack from damaging your HP!
SalTheBard please let me know if you want to perform a short rest this turn (you currently have 0 cards in your hand).

The Scenario is quickly moving to its conclusion. Instead of doing a turn by turn sequence that could drag on for a few more rounds, I'll ask the players to present me with:
1) Their intent for the foreseable future (loot, gain xp, etc);
2) The cards they would like to try and use before the end of the Scenario, in order from top priority to bottom priority. I will try to play those cards that are at the top of the list first. If you plan on playing attack cards first, please note that the Archer only has 2 HP left!

NOTE: it is not guaranteed that all your cards are going to get played, but I'll try to stretch out this "pillage" phase according to player's intention.

Reik, Some Numbers and SalTheBard, please submit your orders for the foreseable future!

:agesilaus:Also everyone, please vote for Play of the Game for the Scenario! The winner will be able to brag about this glorious achievement for all eternity:agesilaus:

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 2, 2019

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

That Italian Guy posted:

:agesilaus:Also everyone, please vote for MVPlay for the Scenario! The winner will be able to brag about this glorious achievement for all eternity:agesilaus:

The plucky little bandit archer :v:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I will short rest

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I will short rest

You have lost Spare Dagger! (not that it matters too much for you, at the moment)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
MVP to Brute

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Slaan posted:

MVP to Brute

:-3

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Alright, who left Friendly Fire on?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

MarquiseMindfang posted:

This is a "feature" of the Cragheart. Rocky very strong, however Rocky not very good at not hurting friends who get in way of attacks. It's actually one of the few ways in the entire game to damage your allies.

Incidentally, that friendly fire-capable AOE damage the Cragheart does also completely ignores shields, which makes it quite valuable against certain types of enemies who come with high shield values and low HP. It turns out that certain enemies are extremely vulnerable to almost being hit by giant rocks (or jumping Rockys).

Zurai fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 2, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Slaan posted:

MVP to Brute

Agreed. Specifically the 8 damage Balanced Measure. :fuckoff:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I'll lose Submissive Affliction to negate the 4 damage from the Archer.

I sent like 3 turns worth of actions, but I imagine this will end on turn 12 when Bullwinkle can pick up his last coin in the north.

quote:

Rocky executes end of turn looting! Gains 1 coin token.

semi-coop.txt

Reik fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 2, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Reik posted:

semi-coop.txt

:devil:

(the update has been...updated)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Elephant Ambush posted:

Agreed. Specifically the 8 damage Balanced Measure. :fuckoff:

I liked my Trample/Skewer round way better but I'm proud of the 8 damage Balanced Measure as well

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm pretty proud of my Massive Boulder turn, but Balanced Measure for 8 is very impressive.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
So, I think ideally we stall long enough to allow Bullwinkle to finish looting up north AND grab a 5th coin? That way they can purchase a Minor Healing Potion/Iron Helmet/Hide Armor when we get back to town. Bullwinkle has 4 cards left, so they should be able to get in 4 more turns?

Round 11: Loot north
Round 12: Loot north
Round 13: Move towards hex G3
Round 14: Loot hex G3

?

Or long rest in Round 13, use boots to move to loot hex G3 in round 14?

Voting for Massive Boulder Double Trouble in Room 1 for play of the game. I was fully expecting to have to use my cloak in the first room because it's so easy to get swarmed by those 6 guards.

Runner up for play of the game is the Bandit Archers for drawing one of their Move +1 cards the round we revealed the final room. It's so annoying when they sit back and the Living Bones draw their stupid Heal/Shield card every other round.

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 2, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Guilty. Feature, not bug.

Reik posted:

So, I think ideally we stall long enough to allow Bullwinkle to finish looting up north AND grab a 5th coin? That way they can purchase a Minor Healing Potion/Iron Helmet/Hide Armor when we get back to town. Bullwinkle has 4 cards left, so they should be able to get in 4 more turns?
4 turns? I was planning on 2.

Reik posted:

Voting for Massive Boulder Double Trouble in Room 1 for play of the game. I was fully expecting to have to use my cloak in the first room because it's so easy to get swarmed by those 6 guards.
Awww, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

A couple of cards on Bullwinkle are MOVE3 bot, so that should make things easier if that's the party intent.