Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

paragon1 posted:

Yeah, very interesting that it's taking out Donna and Moreau that impresses him, and not Dimitrescu. They DID seem to really hate each other, so maybe contempt leads him to be dismissive?

Or maybe he internalized the similarities between himself and the lady who holed herself up in her fortress to raise an army of mutants created from experimented-upon humans abducted from the village, and what ended up happening to that other resident evil, and figured he'd better not make that comparison aloud :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Can you get the movement upgrade meal before fighting Moreau?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Can you get the movement upgrade meal before fighting Moreau?

Nope! The special rare fish we need is in a pond which is only accessible via the crank you get during the chase.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Well drat. That is some game design right there. I take it that bosses are faster on harder difficulties and Moreau would be almost too much for a fresh game?

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Well drat. That is some game design right there. I take it that bosses are faster on harder difficulties and Moreau would be almost too much for a fresh game?

No; from personal experience, the entire House Beneviento section and the "chase" section of the Moreau fight are exactly the same regardless of difficulty--they're no harder on House of Shadows than on Casual. Higher difficulties do give Moreau more health (and he does the acid rain attack twice in a row) during the actual fight, but he's no faster. Also I don't think the movement upgrade applies when the game makes Ethan walk slowly, as he does across the paths in the water.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Big fan of this section.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I'll admit to seeing the typo. Lucas in RE7 also had a typo on two computers (one in a DLC) where he had a shitlist about his family, that was corrected on his notes.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

the typo is invinicible btw

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Running through the machinery without shooting the big glowing weak points the first time around is an intentional difficulty challenge, something that only pro gamers such as myself are capable of pulling off :c00lbert:

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Running through the machinery without shooting the big glowing weak points the first time around is an intentional difficulty challenge, something that only pro gamers such as myself are capable of pulling off :c00lbert:

Hey, I got Ethan through the big-rear end giant fan without noticing or shooting its big glowing weak point the first time I played this section!

I mean, he was in bloody chunks and all, but still.

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

I drew something dumb

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

That rules

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Its beautiful!

:swoon:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Impeccable my friend

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
ChaosArgate is not using the block and shove countermove when hit by enemies and its driving me crazy.

But whats driving me more crazy is that CJacobs of all people is not pointing that out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if heisenberg ever made a version of the drill arm guys with 3 drills, based on the idea tha 1 drill good, 2 drills better, 3 drills ???

E: lmao you said that in the video

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 15, 2022

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I had no idea you could duck some attacks in this. Do they ever tell you that in a tutorial message or anything?

(Also the typo was "invicinible".)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
You know I've seen multiple people go through the machine arms section at this point and NONE of them realized you could stop them. At least not the first time through.

I think it's just because you just kind of expect that sort of hazard of you've played a videogame before, and the way through is almost always good timing. That's just what you do, you know? I'm sure way more people would realize what you were "meant" to do if the arms were blatantly impossible to get past by dodging.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

LonelyMudkip posted:

I drew something dumb

:five:

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

I got another one

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

LonelyMudkip posted:

I got another one

I love this! :syoon:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LonelyMudkip posted:

I got another one

I'M A MIGHTY HUGE METAL FAN

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

loving incredible

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Jesus christ I just noticed the design of the top of the wagon

I was struggling to come up with something clever to say and you blew my mind again with the same image before I could even pretend to be smart and/or funny

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
OMG I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THE SHAPE OF THE WAGON

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

I am bad at receiving praise so I'm just going to say thanks, and you are all cool and good at video games.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LonelyMudkip posted:

and good at video games.

Well that remains to be seen.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Amazing!

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
I love the Duke in safety gear. Brilliant.

As for Heisenberg - he almost had me convinced. I was thinking, "Maybe if Ethan offered to help as long as Rose was left out of it, but the game wouldn't let us side with Heisenberg..." - and then he said that stuff about making a world for the strong ruling the weak. You blew it, buddy. I was almost there with you until you said that. I felt both relieved and let down at the same time. So cliche, Heisenberg.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Kacie posted:

I love the Duke in safety gear. Brilliant.

As for Heisenberg - he almost had me convinced. I was thinking, "Maybe if Ethan offered to help as long as Rose was left out of it, but the game wouldn't let us side with Heisenberg..." - and then he said that stuff about making a world for the strong ruling the weak. You blew it, buddy. I was almost there with you until you said that. I felt both relieved and let down at the same time. So cliche, Heisenberg.

He's a resident evil villain, it's kind of what they do

Except for 7. The Baker family (Lucas excluded) was being mind controlled by a little girl an old woman with terrible powers, that wanted to have a family. She wasn't looking to control the world, or have the strong lord over the weak.

Which now I kind of have to question, what was Jack's motivation in Uncle Punchie's Adventure? Eveline was dead by that time, so he wasn't being controlled by her. But there were still goopy mold monsters, so maybe there's some autonomy going on there?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
His brain wasn't really working right since he was only the lower half of his body who survived after Ethan killed his torso.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 18, 2022

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CzarChasm posted:

Which now I kind of have to question, what was Jack's motivation in Uncle Punchie's Adventure? Eveline was dead by that time, so he wasn't being controlled by her. But there were still goopy mold monsters, so maybe there's some autonomy going on there?

The father collected his crystalized daughter and went home! What's so weird about that? :)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Interesting thing about that machine that Ethan uses. It moves around by hovering like it's in no-clip mode.

That heart-squeezing and bathory in blood scene with Miranda really shows off that girl drac energy the other bosses have been lacking.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

in chess the knight (the horse) is the only piece that can threaten the queen without the queen threatening it back

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Sturm ga taosenai.

Love it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Lmao, this segment. "That boulder punching rear end in a top hat" is my favorite line since RE4 Leon, and Chainsaw Tank is my favorite thing in the game since Ethan gluing his hand back on. Add in crazy story reveals and a couple insane boss fights, and I'm just :swoon: the whole time.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Ethan?!

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I replayed that elevator bit several times, and I just couldn't see the goat.

You guys have good eyes.