Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

:siren:NO SPOILERS.:siren: Also, this is a follow up to our Resident Evil 7 LP, so spoilers for that will be free flowing!
:siren:THIS GAME IS SUPER GORY, DON'T WATCH IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THAT.:siren:

Ever since the release of 2017’s Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, Capcom and their Resident Evil franchise has been in a golden age. Since the release of 7, Capcom has also put out the wildly successful Resident Evil 2 Remake, and the modestly successful Resident Evil 3 Remake. Moreso, after the release of Resident Evil: Village, they continued and released a full on VR remake of Resident Evil 4, with another supposed full remake of 4 in the works, in the style of the RE2 and RE3 remakes. Remakes aside, the technology used for these games has also been leveraged for games such as Devil May Cry V, one of the most successful titles in that franchise, and Monster Hunter Rise, which is a miracle in of itself because the Monster Hunter team somehow managed to get the RE Engine, lauded for its fantastic and graphically demanding visuals, to run smoothly on the Nintendo Switch. Even still, the question of where the franchise would go on for a proper followup to RE7 lingered.

Village: Resident Evil (Resident Evil: Village, officially) released to critical acclaim and success in 2021 and picks up three years after Ethan’s adventure in Dulvey, Louisiana. The Winters family has since been relocated to some undisclosed European country, likely Romania, as part of a Witness Protection Program and life has mostly been quiet for the couple. Gone are the days where Mia Winters was trapped at the Baker Estate, under the control of parasitic mold; the Winters’ main struggles now are ensuring their newborn daughter, Rosemary, grows up happy and healthy. The only thing that Ethan found odd in his new life was his wife’s angry reactions to any mention of the events of the Dulvey incident, but surely that’s just a traumatic memory, right? Still, life was nice and quiet; until one day, when Mia was gunned down by a military squad led by Chris Redfield, who then proceded to take Ethan and Rosemary into custody before their caravan was attacked, with Rosemary nowhere to be found in the aftermath. Finding a remote village in the vicinity, Ethan begins his quest to find his daughter and get answers for why his wife was suddenly gunned down.

This will be an informative LP where I show off Ethan’s journey through the vast European winter with as much content as I can manage. Just like last time, I am joined by liquidypoo and CJacobs. I’m looking to update this LP twice a week, but no promises. Just like the other Resident Evil games made in the RE Engine, this game is incredibly gruesome and isn’t afraid to remind you of that! If you’re sensitive to extreme blood and gore, it might be best not to watch the videos, maybe just listen to them in the background. This also bears repeating, :siren:NO SPOILERS:siren:. This game is on the newer side and it would be a shame to ruin the experience for some people!

Shadows of Rose

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fan Stuff

https://i.imgur.com/69wQhnZ.mp4
Captain Hygene captures Lady Dimitrescu's true feelings on Heisenberg. (There's sound!)

Stryth has some plans for the baby they're looking to adopt, it seems!

Lonely Mudkip wants to remind us all of a very important fact.

Lonely Mudkip wants to battle!

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 16, 2022

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Reserved

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
NOTHING BUT BLOOD AND DEATH, HUH?

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Where’s everybody going, bingo?

Wait that’s the wrong game.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

theenglishman posted:

My biggest criticism with the switch to first-person is that you don't get to see Ethan casually flip his hair to the side when he gets in a one-liner

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

theenglishman posted:

wait what? are we going to play resident evol bingo for this thread? cjakes, we need bingo cards!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Okay so whoever makes the bingo card grid, the free space is "LOOK AT THAT ONE hosed UP EYE" right

I will accept no others

White Coke
May 29, 2015

theenglishman posted:

Your right hand comes off?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Breaks into your home.
Shoots your wife.
Steals your child.
Scolds you.
Refuses to elaborate.
Leaves.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 20, 2021

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Breaks into your home.
Shoots your wife.
Steals your child.
Scolds you.
Refuses to elaborate.
Leaves.

Another successful day of work for Chris Redfield

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It never gets old seeing Chris being an rear end in a top hat.

Speaking of bloody hands, I don't know if it was a graphical glitch in RE7 that got fixed, but an injured Ethan looking at his hand, will periodically clean itself of blood and reapply a fresh coat if you stare at it long enough.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Breaks into your home.
Shoots your wife.
Steals your child.
Scolds you.
Refuses to elaborate.
Leaves.

ROMANIAN NEWS TODAY: CHRIS REDFIELD PERFORMS MILITARY MANEUVER KNOWN AS "THE PANDA"; EATS SHOOTS AND LEAVES

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I know nothing of this game other than the internet being very horny for the giant lady.

Gonna enjoy this.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
RE Village is good. I completed it on all difficulty settings. (Which was both fun and super unfun bullshit at times)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
if someone makes bingo cards for the thread, I will put a forums upgrade on the line for the winner.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

So the opening screen is Chris with a normal eye and a hosed-up eye, huh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Philippe posted:

So the opening screen is Chris with a normal eye and a hosed-up eye, huh

BEFORE YOU EVEN START THE GAME

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The music box, that they got from Grandma, has a butterfly-shaped key. I know that this game doesn't have the bug theme that RE:VII did, but still.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

and its always the left side that gets hosed up

Very sinister.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Philippe posted:

The music box, that they got from Grandma, has a butterfly-shaped key. I know that this game doesn't have the bug theme that RE:VII did, but still.

The key to the SUV that was handed to Zoe by Marguerite also had a butterfly on it :tinfoil:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

and its always the left side that gets hosed up

Very sinister.

Booo

By the way, when do we get closure on the weird thing you posted in the end of the VII LP, CJacobs?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I tried to end the 7 LP with the utter most closure anyone has ever given a let's play likely too much closure for a sane person honestly, so I'm not sure what you're referring to!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The pictures with our names on them. What was up

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh that, I was just thanking for/congratulating people on participating because I do that for every LP I'm a part of! The two images with the names also made it into the musical sequence at the end of 21 so your contribution is immortalized forever. :) If you post a whole lot you too will have a big name at the end of the real life puppet show stage play music video I'm going to make at the end of this LP or something!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I thought we were taking notes on who'd be interested in a game of blackjack

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016

liquidypoo posted:

I thought we were taking notes on who'd be interested in a game of blackjack

Blackjack's a great game! I enjoy it much more than poker.

I've even got the missing fingers to prove it.

(not really)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

CJacobs posted:

If you post a whole lot you too will have a big name at the end of the real life puppet show stage play music video I'm going to make at the end of this LP or something!

posting muchly immediately

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Weeble posted:

Blackjack's a great game! I enjoy it much more than poker.

I've even got the missing fingers to prove it.

(not really)

Originally Lucas put up a sign saying POKER IN REAR but all he got were curious swingers so he went with something much easier to understand

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Lucas doesn't seem like a pun guy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I went back to watch some of the 7 playthrough, I'd forgotten that some of the hand trauma early on is probably the most viscerally disturbing thing in any game I've played :sweatdrop:

I'm glad everyone is up on their tetanus boosters.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I went back to watch some of the 7 playthrough, I'd forgotten that some of the hand trauma early on is probably the most viscerally disturbing thing in any game I've played :sweatdrop:

Lol.
Hahaha.
Lmao.
:getin:

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

See if you can remember who said what, and mark it off!
(not a serious effort. I did not record answers.)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

It's weird how you got several quotes from RE: Revelations 2, but none from 5

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Do the wipers still work?

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

I've been catching up on the RE7 DLC videos and noticed all the college football paraphernalia, which makes me wonder - does Louisiana take a side on the Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints rivalry, or are they strictly into high school and college ball?

Speaking of football (well, the other kind) I hope that RE8 has some LPF merch, or the copyright-friendly equivalent. It can't be too hard to make up a logo for a Romanian football team.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It bothers the ever loving hell out of me to this day that lucas wears a hoodie with lcs on it and I'm glad I finally have an excuse to mention it

edit: clearly because he is a genuine southern specimen that's how he thinks his name is spelled and it was embroidered by marguerite

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

CJacobs posted:

It bothers the ever loving hell out of me to this day that lucas wears a hoodie with lcs on it and I'm glad I finally have an excuse to mention it

edit: clearly because he is a genuine southern specimen that's how he thinks his name is spelled and it was embroidered by marguerite

Hey now, don't go dissing Lucas' alma mater - Local College School. Conveniently located in that stationary single wide in the back yard.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Philippe posted:

Barry's just that cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Philippe posted:

I just Googled Resident Evil game quotes, and grab the first couple dozen that I saw that seemed kind of unique.