Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece
yeah sure but it may not be there when you look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The Alchemist posted:

What about the cat, is it still ok to like the cat?

I'm sorry to inform you that Schrödinger's cat molested kittens and is cancelled too

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I'm late to the thread, how many goons have tried to defend the indefensible and gotten kicked the gently caress out for it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nooner posted:

i heard that louis pasteur liked to jerk off dogs

He was a mod?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shiney McShine posted:

In short the answer is celebrity. Savile was a popular music DJ and TV personality and he was well connected to the monarchy and to the right politicians and public servants.

Report shows Jimmy Savile given free rein to sexually abuse dozens of people in public hospitals for decades. NO politicians, civil servants or senior NHS staff will be held accountable

Quote: "Savile’s celebrity status, his connections with the then prime minister, Margaret Thatcher, and with royalty, and his role as a fundraiser allowed him unfettered access to patients, staff and visitors at the Buckinghamshire hospital. Over 20 years he brazenly used that power and access to rape, sexually abuse, harass, intimidate and silence his victims who ranged in age from eight and 40."

Also most people are lazy and very bad at their jobs. Unfortunately this includes people who's job it is to protect children.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Bargearse posted:

I'm late to the thread, how many goons have tried to defend the indefensible and gotten kicked the gently caress out for it

there were two, but only one of them was permabanned, the other just got a probe

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Bargearse posted:

Was expecting more, but this one is p funny https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=90102#frompost520726057

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

speaking of alchemy cant we create gold from lead nowadays using nuclear fission?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I don't know if or how you can make lead fissible.

e: oh yeah I'm bummed out about this. I used to be in awe of the developments in early quantum mechanics and I think schrodingers contributions are spectacular. I know I should seperate the man from his accomplishments, but still it's such a let down.

Keeping my fingers crossed Fermi doesn't have any skeletons in his closet.

Dumb Sex-Parrot fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 17, 2022

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Keeping my fingers crossed Fermi doesn't have any skeletons in his closet.

Fermi dropped a lot of n words on Twitter before trying to scrub them

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Space Kablooey posted:

speaking of alchemy cant we create gold from lead nowadays using nuclear fission?

Yes, but it's prohibitively expensive to do so.

:350:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
We can keep all the scientific knowledge but strip it of all references to the people who discovered it. For example, rename Schrodinger's Cat to the Quantum Cat or something similar.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think I can take Fermi. The real blow is gonna be when they find out Feynman dug up and hosed corpses from the local cemetery

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

iirc feynman was a sex pest

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ChubbyChecker posted:

iirc feynman was a sex pest

More like Laymman

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Space Kablooey posted:

No you will never get gold from a fission reaction of lead . You could possibly get some from a spallation reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yaldabaoth posted:

We can keep all the scientific knowledge but strip it of all references to the people who discovered it. For example, rename Schrodinger's Cat to the Quantum Cat or something similar.

I think it's actually pretty useful to realize that even Great Men were pieces of poo poo instead of perfect paragons

"You aren't a quantum physicist or a founding father"
"sure but I don't gently caress kids or own humans as property so I have that going for me"