Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sword_man.gif posted:

nah, rocks. that's always a fan favorite. saying "oh so i guess next we'll have to legislate rocks and sticks because you could beat someone to death with them"

It looks like they go after kitchen knives first, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
shut the gently caress up about Hillary nobody cares. You elected a retard and we're gonna laugh at you forever deal with it.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
We should definitely ban cars, they serve no purpose other than murder, unlike guns which have a variety of uses

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

old beast lunatic posted:

shut the gently caress up about Hillary nobody cares. You elected a retard and we're gonna laugh at you forever deal with it.

How much money did the Saudis donate to the clinton foundation

Woden
May 6, 2006

Nerses IV posted:

Not enough apparently.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My neighbor has a CC permit and once pulled a gun out in the middle of a conversation because she thought she saw a "mountain lion" stalking our suburban neighborhood. There was absolutely nothing there and she had pointed that gun almost directly at another house.

An old boss of mine also has a CC permit and basically writes fan-fiction on facebook about encountering dangerous people and using his gun to save the day. Somehow, despite apparently foiling hundreds of attempted murders, robberies, rapes, and arsons he has never once made the news.

A distant cousin has a CC permit and is perfectly normal.

I don't have a problem with guns, but I do have a problem with people buying a gun to feed their delusions or deal with an inferiority complex. We need far stricter gun control laws and that will never ever happen while the NRA exists and throws money to stop every possible common sense law.

Also to every idiot who talks about "banning cars" as an argument against gun control- you do realize you have a loving license plate on your car, have to get registration and insurance, and have to get a license to drive your car which has to be regularly updated, right? There's not some kind of black market for murder cars out there because of this.

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

old beast lunatic posted:

if you cannot darkly chuckle at how lust for foreigner death is the most bipartisan of American Ideals, then :sad:

we literally cannot muster majority support for funding the government, but only cranks oppose sending flights of robots to just kinda randomly murder relatives of people who have annoyed us.

SickZip fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 19, 2018

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Nerses IV posted:

Good point, we should look into removing her from office

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Fancy Hat posted:

My neighbor has a CC permit and once pulled a gun out in the middle of a conversation because she thought she saw a "mountain lion" stalking our suburban neighborhood. There was absolutely nothing there and she had pointed that gun almost directly at another house.

An old boss of mine also has a CC permit and basically writes fan-fiction on facebook about encountering dangerous people and using his gun to save the day. Somehow, despite apparently foiling hundreds of attempted murders, robberies, rapes, and arsons he has never once made the news.

A distant cousin has a CC permit and is perfectly normal.

I don't have a problem with guns, but I do have a problem with people buying a gun to feed their delusions or deal with an inferiority complex. We need far stricter gun control laws and that will never ever happen while the NRA exists and throws money to stop every possible common sense law.

Also to every idiot who talks about "banning cars" as an argument against gun control- you do realize you have a loving license plate on your car, have to get registration and insurance, and have to get a license to drive your car which has to be regularly updated, right? There's not some kind of black market for murder cars out there because of this.

Woah crazy it's like cars aren't a right guaranteed to americans by the constitution

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

A Fancy Hat posted:

I don't have a problem with guns, but I do have a problem with people buying a gun to feed their delusions or deal with an inferiority complex.

Lol that's every reason anyone legally buys a gun. The ship has sailed on the one reason people cite. Those guns aren't going to do poo poo against the drones when you're rebelling

Nerses IV posted:

Woah crazy it's like cars aren't a right guaranteed to americans by the constitution

Neither are any guns manufactured past the date of signing, if you want another take.

Its almost as though the document was somewhat vague because the founders weren't prognosticators

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i think people of color, women, and transgender people deserve to have guns to protect them from bigots

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Lol that's every reason anyone legally buys a gun. The ship has sailed on the one reason people cite. Those guns aren't going to do poo poo against the drones when you're rebelling

Neither are any guns manufactured past the date of signing, if you want another take.

Its almost as though the document was somewhat vague because the founders weren't prognosticators

Buddy if I wanted your xanax-and-bourbon fueled opinions I'd ask you

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
If you don't let the NRA launder Russian money to the republicans, then the democrats will take away your fancy chef's knives.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Nerses IV posted:

Completely irrelevant as this tangent is, I feel the need to point out that Trump has been so eager to please the Saudis that it almost resulted in the loss of the US base in Qatar. The Bush family was so close to the sauds that George Bush's nickname for Bandar Bin Sultan was Bandar Bush, literally declaring the saudi ambassador a family member.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Nerses IV posted:

Whoa great post

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Extra Large Marge posted:

If you don't let the NRA launder Russian money to the republicans, then the democrats will take away your fancy chef's knives.

Barack HUSSEIN Obama's coming for your guns, and the only way to stop him is to donate a shitload of money to the NRA. Don't let him take away your basic human rights!

Also, support the Republican party taking away your healthcare, removing regulations that keep you safe at work, and removing penalties for large corporations who take away your basic human rights. But gun!!! Gun is good!!!

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

We should definitely ban cars, they serve no purpose other than murder, unlike guns which have a variety of uses

just lol if you haven't used an AK magazine as a beer opener

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Fancy Hat posted:

Barack HUSSEIN Obama's coming for your guns, and the only way to stop him is to donate a shitload of money to the NRA. Don't let him take away your basic human rights!

Also, support the Republican party taking away your healthcare, removing regulations that keep you safe at work, and removing penalties for large corporations who take away your basic human rights. But gun!!! Gun is good!!!

Lmao who's going to give us better health care, better regulations to keep people safe at work, and penalize large corporations for taking away our basic human rights exactly

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Nerses IV posted:

ok that actually makes hamster seem like he might be cool instead of the actual wettest blanket

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Nerses IV posted:

Lmao who's going to give us better health care, better regulations to keep people safe at work, and penalize large corporations for taking away our basic human rights exactly

not the gun lovers, that's for sure

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Nerses IV posted:

a coworker of mine lost a pretty significant chunk of work days to a really bad bout of flu (and the kindness to wait until their fever subsided before coming back)

they're only out about 100 for the meds from the doctor despite $500/mo health insurance, and nearly 2 grand (pre-tax) in lost pay

hilldawg is fine with this lmao

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Marxalot posted:

just lol if you haven't used an AK magazine as a beer opener

I put up new fire alarms in my house a few months back, and didn't feel like going all the way to the garage to get a hammer so I used an AK mag to finish seating the drywall anchors

Who says guns are only good for murder??

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Marxalot posted:

a coworker of mine lost a pretty significant chunk of work days to a really bad bout of flu (and the kindness to wait until their fever subsided before coming back)

they're only out about 100 for the meds from the doctor despite $500/mo health insurance, and nearly 2 grand (pre-tax) in lost pay

hilldawg is fine with this lmao

AMERICA IS ALREADY GREAT YOU DEPLORABLES

Nerses IV posted:

I put up new fire alarms in my house a few months back, and didn't feel like going all the way to the garage to get a hammer so I used an AK mag to finish seating the drywall anchors

Who says guns are only good for murder??

See?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
congratulations to nerses curing his forums cancer and not going bankrupt

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Peace de Bundy posted:

All praise to Jose, may peace be upon him

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Wow look at all these Hillary posts, surely relevant in a thread about the NRA in 2018

Peace de Bundy posted:

He didn't lose it because his posts became good, he lost it because too many people complained that it made his posts annoying to look at lol

Moreso than actually reading them somehow

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Wow look at all these Hillary posts, surely relevant in a thread about the NRA in 2018

thank god ur here, i can't keep doing overtime

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJ7Fci4QHE

with soviet pistols, you can line up 8 liberals and counter-revolutionnaries, shoot each of them in the head and open a tasty beverage right after

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

He didn't lose it because his posts became good, he lost it because too many people complained that it made his posts annoying to look at lol

Moreso than actually reading them somehow

Is there any thread you're not complete poo poo in, dude

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Nerses IV posted:

Is there any thread you're not complete poo poo in, dude

:ironicat:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Who wants a kitchen knife that can't stab? Lame.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

:pisstape:

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Creamed Cormp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJ7Fci4QHE

with soviet pistols, you can line up 8 liberals and counter-revolutionnaries, shoot each of them in the head and open a tasty beverage right after

According to soviet executioners, soviet-made weapons are too unreliable for heavy use and thus it is recommended to use german-made weapons instead

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I actually favor Canadian style gun laws but don't care that much since violence around the world tends to coincide with inequality more than anything else. The colonial countries have it the worst; i.e. see Latin America.

The NRA is hot garbage though and it wouldn't shock me if they were mobbed up with the Russians since I know elements of the Russian government have been buddying up to them with conferences and the like.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I actually favor Canadian style gun laws but don't care that much since violence around the world tends to coincide with inequality more than anything else. The colonial countries have it the worst; i.e. see Latin America.

The NRA is hot garbage though and it wouldn't shock me if they were mobbed up with the Russians since I know elements of the Russian government have been buddying up to them with conferences and the like.

Isn't the loving G11 banned in Canada by name

If someone managed to pull off a mass shooting with one of those things they deserve an award

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nerses IV posted:

If someone managed to pull off a mass shooting with one of those things they deserve an award
Demolition Man must have scared the gently caress out of their legislators

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nerses IV posted:

No idea. I just like bolt action rifles and such so I could handle a Canadian style system. I'm fine with plentiful guns but also impractical guns.

The thing is, unless you live out in the styx there are practically no circumstances anyways in which discharging a firearm outside of a controlled gun range will go well.

Anyways, to conclude, if you look at high rates of violent crime in the world, it seems like a Western Hemisphere problem, and also a South African problem. There are parts of Asia you can go to where I'm sure every household has an SKS stashed inside but you don't see the express kidnappings, strong-arm robberies and road rage murders that you do in the Americas and in Johannesburg, which makes me think there is something about the social conditions of these cutthroat post-colonial places that gets people into a steady boil. People are out for themselves more.

Like you simply don't see East Asians in general going bonkers on each other over road rage. But that's something Americans share with Salvadorans.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 19, 2018

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Like you simply don't see East Asians in general going bonkers on each other over road rage.
Nah, we just run people over and keep going.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

No idea. I just like bolt action rifles and such so I could handle a Canadian style system. I'm fine with plentiful guns but also impractical guns.

The thing is, unless you live out in the styx there are practically no circumstances anyways in which discharging a firearm outside of a controlled gun range will go well.

Anyways, to conclude, if you look at high rates of violent crime in the world, it seems like a Western Hemisphere problem, and also a South African problem. There are parts of Asia you can go to where I'm sure every household has an SKS stashed inside but you don't see the express kidnappings, strong-arm robberies and road rage murders that you do in the Americas and in Johannesburg, which makes me think there is something about the social conditions of these cutthroat post-colonial places that gets people into a steady boil. People are out for themselves more.

Like you simply don't see East Asians in general going bonkers on each other over road rage. But that's something Americans share with Salvadorans.

Bolt action rifles aren't impractical at all, they're still better than autos at a variety of tasks while benefiting from the same advances in materials and manufacturing that made autos viable in the first place

Now, if you decided that left-handed bolt action rifles were the only rifles that could be produced, that would be impractical for a lot of people... but I'd be real happy about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Indians too. I can easily see pissing off a whole lot of them all at once and getting them in a downright ugly mood but not individually as much. Like where you're gonna throw down in a parking lot and people start pulling out guns. I don't see it.

• Locked thread