Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
drat he broke his hands then his head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Colonel Whitey posted:

drat he broke his hands then his head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTcjtdienhU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

chef sucked.

john leguizamo is a cardboard cutout whose only purpose is to give favreau the Ethnic Guy thumbs up to do cuban food, because of course favreau does it better than an actual cuban. he cast scarlett johansson and sofia vergara to give him gently caress-me eyes nonstop. he tools around the us in a truck with "el jefe" (the boss! can you get any more obvious!) painted on the side and we're told on a regular basis only he has the divine knowledge to do food the correct way.

even the kid only "helps out" in a non-creative fashion, being a short-order cook and doing social media. he makes a huge elaborate meal to show those dumb critics what's what and we can only assume it gets thrown away, because no one is seen eating or enjoying it. and then of course the idiot critic bows to the chef's superior wisdom and becomes his business partner.

favreau carbon-copied the plot from ratatouille and took all the joy and discovery out of making and eating food with the people you love. remember how cool it was when the rats pitched in to make dinner for the whole restaurant? remember how that was the only way anything got done — collaboratively? well favreau's here to hate gently caress you with food. bask in his glory, and god help you if you even think about sharing it. want something more than pure, unadulterated ego? there's the door, rear end in a top hat! i'm not sure if there's been a movie made in the last 10 years with bigger contempt for its audience or subject matter. maybe the green inferno. goddamn i loving hate chef.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Eh? What Chef nails 100% is food. Ratatouille, no matter how much I like it, might as well be a movie about an alien culture for all the fucks it gives about actual food culture.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

MiddleOne posted:

Eh? What Chef nails 100% is food. Ratatouille, no matter how much I like it, might as well be a movie about an alien culture for all the fucks it gives about actual food culture.

it amplifies the worst aspects of actually existing food culture: the god complexes, the chauvinism, the fetishizing.

i agree that ratatouille isn't 100 percent true to food culture but that's an indictment of food culture, not the movie.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

R. Guyovich posted:

it amplifies the worst aspects of actually existing food culture: the god complexes, the chauvinism, the fetishizing.

That's fine, but that is what food culture is. The movie isn't off-track in its portrayal of fine dining at all, the metaphor it draws between movie and restaurant production is eerily accurate to the realities of the industry.

R. Guyovich posted:

i agree that ratatouille isn't 100 percent true to food culture

It's not even 1 %. Like I said, for all intents and purposes it could have taken place in alien culture.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think it'd be interesting to keep Beck dead but keep Mysterio/Gyllenhal around as a hologram controlled by other people.

I'll take any excuse to keep Jake Gyllenhal around

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Just make him the Jigsaw of the MCU. He prepared 10 years worth of antics ahead of time and had hundreds of secret followers working the projections.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if the next movie is going to feature Jameson funding some disgruntled Stark techs to build a scorpion themed iron man suit.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
While I’m excited about the premise of the 3rd film, Peter having an army of flying killer robots that can be instantly dispatched from space to anywhere in the world in mere minutes and are all equipped with machine guns and welding torches means that the writing is gonna have to jump through an absurd number of hoops for things to stay tense.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

While I’m excited about the premise of the 3rd film, Peter having an army of flying killer robots that can be instantly dispatched from space to anywhere in the world in mere minutes and are all equipped with machine guns and welding torches means that the writing is gonna have to jump through an absurd number of hoops for things to stay tense.

*off-screen Hulk throws all of the satellites into the sun, solving war forever*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bust Rodd posted:

That thing's gonna get taken out of play 10 minutes into the movie somehow, or possibly even in a different movie.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

That thing's gonna get taken out of play 10 minutes into the movie somehow, or possibly even in a different movie.

Nu uh, this is the MCU.

They will just never get mentioned ever again.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

MiddleOne posted:

Nu uh, this is the MCU.

They will just never get mentioned ever again.

It'll probably be this.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
He's actually just not in control of edith, he just gets to think he is until it matters.

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

Bust Rodd posted:

Did any of the drones actually make it out of London?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He only blew up the ones between him and Beck, there were still tons of surviving robots when he “executed” their protocols.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Bust Rodd posted:

The hoop they jump through is the first battle beating Spiderman down then him calling the drones and the bad guy dramatically wiping them all out to establish how strong he is

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The hoop they jump through is the first battle beating Spiderman down then him calling the drones and the bad guy dramatically wiping them all out to establish how strong he is

What Spiderman villain could do that?

Sandman?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Shocker. The most dangerous enemy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Stilt-Man

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sanguinia posted:

Sandman?

The tri-sentinel.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
His arch nemesis, a truck

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sanguinia posted:

Sandman?

Morlun I guess if they wanted to go down that rabbit hole

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I have to agree with the Chef hate.

It's just a big way for Favreau to jerk himself off and kiss some of the most beautiful women on the planet. The only good thing to take from it is learning how to make the food.

Finally saw this today - it was pretty ok, I liked it and loved Mysterio. He was actually really well done and a strong villain, IMO, is rare in the MCU. They really need to bring the Sinister Six though. That group is loving I C O N I C.

It feels like we're in for a bit of a lull in the meantime. What is next now? Is it Eternals?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Vintersorg posted:

It feels like we're in for a bit of a lull in the meantime. What is next now? Is it Eternals?

Black Widow, in May. Then Eternals in November.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Looking at the slate, I'm done until thor 4: more thor and that's only due to taika. I don't think there's any DC stuff soon either right?

0 interest in black widow, eternals, or the falcon tv show for 2020.

e: forgot about the joker movie in 2 months on the dc side. let's hope that one doesn't suck.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 22, 2019

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm down for more Doctor Strange, it helps Thor so much that in my head it's his second film not his fourth, and I've just realised Thor has the longest solo franchise after a film like Dark World.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

zer0spunk posted:

Looking at the slate, I'm done until thor 4: more thor and that's only due to taika. I don't think there's any DC stuff soon either right?

0 interest in black widow, eternals, or the falcon tv show for 2020.

e: forgot about the joker movie in 2 months on the dc side. let's hope that one doesn't suck.

Marc Maron has been working so hard for so long I’m just happy that Jesse finally getting huge mainstream work

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The first episode of the Chef show features Gwyneth Paltrow not remembering she was in a Spiderman movie

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The MSJ posted:

The first episode of the Chef show features Gwyneth Paltrow not remembering she was in a Spiderman movie

That's because she's an idiot.

I am happy the report the biggest issue latin audiences had with this film was Mary Jane. They absolutely despise her, because there are literally no depressed morbid people in Latin America. They also really hate this film and the new spiderman.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ThanosWasRight posted:

That's because she's an idiot.

I am happy the report the biggest issue latin audiences had with this film was Mary Jane. They absolutely despise her, because there are literally no depressed morbid people in Latin America. They also really hate this film and the new spiderman.

What the basis for this culturally, any ideas? I remember back in college reading about emo and goth kids getting dragged into the street and beaten for liking that music and wearing make-up and black clothes, there was a huge video of Gerard Way speaking about it at a Day of the Dead festival in Mexico.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vintersorg posted:

They really need to bring the Sinister Six though. That group is loving I C O N I C.

Haven't there been, like, two million lineups of the Sinister Six?

Edit: lol

Timby fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 23, 2019

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just care about the OG squad. But :lol: I can't believe there is sooooo many of em.

E: This is what I grew up with (video gamesssss)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

I just care about the OG squad. But :lol: I can't believe there is sooooo many of em.

E: This is what I grew up with (video gamesssss)

Nobody's thinking of Shocker, Overdrive and Scorpia when someone says "The Sinister Six"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Shockerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

Nobody's thinking of Shocker, Overdrive and Scorpia when someone says "The Sinister Six"

I’m ABSOLUTELY thinking of Scorpion what are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m ABSOLUTELY thinking of Scorpion what are you talking about?

I said Scorpia

Although Scorpion's barely been in the Sinister Six himself. He was in the FOX cartoon's "Insidious Six", he was in the Spider-man Reign future Sinister Six, and in Mojo's alternate universe assembled "Sinister Sixty Six". Mac Gargan was also in the Sinister 12 but he was Venom at the time, which Norman Osborn got mad about. "You're supposed to be the Scorpion! This is bullshit!"

But Mac Gargan as Scorpion was never in the Sinister Six proper.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 23, 2019