Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

wc3 was made for the people who couldnt hang in brood war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

any good gaming lately? i felt like replaying witcher 2 and decided gently caress it I'll play the first again too, all games should let you full on stiff arm shove npcs out of your way especially annoying child characters

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

SomethingBeautiful posted:

any good gaming lately? i felt like replaying witcher 2 and decided gently caress it I'll play the first again too, all games should let you full on stiff arm shove npcs out of your way especially annoying child characters

ive been playing Roboquest for the past week or so and its really addicting

roguelite shooter that has very solid movement and shooting. The guns are fun to use and the classes all have different skills and perks so they feel unique

one fun thing is that the guns have infinite ammo and theres no self-damage so if you get an explosive weapon, you can rocket jump endlessly around the maps at lightning speed. Incredibly satisfying

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

starsector peace walker

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

If all you want is to shove NPCs out of the way then just play a Yakuza game.

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you can shove anyone in escape from tarkov, with bullets. total freedom of play

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
does tarkov have vr support?????

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

ive been playing Roboquest for the past week or so and its really addicting

roguelite shooter that has very solid movement and shooting. The guns are fun to use and the classes all have different skills and perks so they feel unique

one fun thing is that the guns have infinite ammo and theres no self-damage so if you get an explosive weapon, you can rocket jump endlessly around the maps at lightning speed. Incredibly satisfying

interesting, kinda looks like borderlands which throws me off but borderlands with good gunplay and no annoying npcs would be a good time

Cuttlefush posted:

starsector peace walker

hell yeah peace walker ftw, still pissed they pulled it from psnow or psplus or whatever they call it now

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

interesting, kinda looks like borderlands which throws me off but borderlands with good gunplay and no annoying npcs would be a good time

i hate borderlands but really like roboquest. They are kinda similar with the random guns, but roboquest is really fun and has extremely minimal writing to get annoyed at

also, you can quickly unlock the ability to reroll the perks and upgrade the stats of guns you get so if you find a good weapon early, you can stick with it for an entire run, which is very nice

the game is on gamepass if you want to try it out

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

does tarkov have vr support?????

no. but,

dont know if its good because i have no interest in vr but everything i hear says its vr tarkov. the real drawback is that if you play this then you're not playing real tarkov and getting killed by me

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
al lemme shoot u a few times man nbd its not gay

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

woke operator posted:

you can shove anyone in escape from tarkov, with bullets. total freedom of play

i like the look of the gun customization stuff but I know I'll just get owned repeatedly, might bite the bullet and check it out eventually. I still got to get around to playing anomaly too tho

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

they should make a singleplayer tarkov

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

finished the story in chained echoes. it was ok. the finale had references to diamond weapon, meteor, full metal alchemist, the typical fleshy abominations when one can't control their power, etc. kinda felt rushed tho with all the plates we were spinning. but it's already been 60+ hours of gameplay so maybe leave it for a sequel. overall I enjoyed it and would recommend.

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i like the look of the gun customization stuff but I know I'll just get owned repeatedly, might bite the bullet and check it out eventually. I still got to get around to playing anomaly too tho

in order to enjoy tarkov one must shed one's provincial ideas of winning and losing. even the best players get wrecked in half of their raids or more. you will lose all that you have over and over. for me at least, it's not really about having cool gear or tons of roubles or even lots of kills. its riding streaks of bad luck and bad play and clawing my way back into the black when everything is hosed and i can only get into raid with like a toz and a clown mask

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

they should make a singleplayer tarkov

there are mods for this, and they work pretty well. i didn't touch regular tarkov for like a month or so when i first got into it, just the single player mods. "SPT" or "Single Player Tarkov" is the main mod, but you wanna get SAIN, Questing Bots, Looting Bots, etc to improve AI behavior. would recommend against adding mods that make things easier or give you more information than the base game except maybe the colored checkmarks mod tho

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

woke operator posted:

in order to enjoy tarkov one must shed one's provincial ideas of winning and losing. even the best players get wrecked in half of their raids or more. you will lose all that you have over and over. for me at least, it's not really about having cool gear or tons of roubles or even lots of kills. its riding streaks of bad luck and bad play and clawing my way back into the black when everything is hosed and i can only get into raid with like a toz and a clown mask

Yeah, there was a top down pixel art shooter that was basically single player procedural Tarkov. Leaned fully into the questing mechanics, which is hosed philosophically and ethically, but makes for an ok gameplay loop for people who have the brain worms for that. They updated it so that all the numbers are customizable so that's less hosed. I forget the name tho.

I did a Tarkov tour and I couldn't even stand the practice matches, something about doing a good run and it not counting just... I couldn't get over that. So I learned 3 maps in the least optimal way: playing the live game.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

woke operator posted:

there are mods for this, and they work pretty well. i didn't touch regular tarkov for like a month or so when i first got into it, just the single player mods. "SPT" or "Single Player Tarkov" is the main mod, but you wanna get SAIN, Questing Bots, Looting Bots, etc to improve AI behavior. would recommend against adding mods that make things easier or give you more information than the base game except maybe the colored checkmarks mod tho

oh poo poo, dont tell me this

will keep this in mind

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KirbyKhan posted:

Yeah, there was a top down pixel art shooter that was basically single player procedural Tarkov. Leaned fully into the questing mechanics, which is hosed philosophically and ethically, but makes for an ok gameplay loop for people who have the brain worms for that. They updated it so that all the numbers are customizable so that's less hosed. I forget the name tho.

I did a Tarkov tour and I couldn't even stand the practice matches, something about doing a good run and it not counting just... I couldn't get over that. So I learned 3 maps in the least optimal way: playing the live game.

zero sievert is the game. great game, strong rec from me, but im a big stalker head

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

oh poo poo, dont tell me this

will keep this in mind

when you play in single player you can make accounts using the fancy premium treat boy account tier without paying for that tier

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

woke operator posted:

Can confirm, the mod is pretty fun.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
But you will never be able to ruin some nerd's Saturday morning with a Factory extract camp. First time I did it and took all his hard earned gains I felt truly alive.

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KirbyKhan posted:

But you will never be able to ruin some nerd's Saturday morning with a Factory extract camp. First time I did it and took all his hard earned gains I felt truly alive.

this. you can sharpen your skills a bit in spt - get used to the finer points of the controls, learn the maps a bit, etc. - but the real experience is online and its really without parallel for me for me right now. im not very good yet recent streak aside, so when i manage to get over on someone and come out with the bag it just dumps all my brain's chemical stores at once

the new wipe is going to be very newbie friendly, i think, and its coming soon. get some practice in now

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

my bony fealty posted:

Blood West got its 1.0 release, any good? Worth $20?

I've played it both during EA and after release. I like a lot about the game but I honestly can't recommend it. During the first map there's a lot of cool items and abilities that seem like they'll enable a lot of different playstyles, the problem is you get to the second map (I think of three total? I fell off during the second) and the difficulty increase destroys most of them. Basically every enemy kills you in two or three hit, and there's no dodge or guard or other form of skill-based mitigation for this, and the second map has massive numbers of enemies. The only viable way to proceed is to focus on stealth, and the stealth gameplay is barebones and boring as hell.

Like there's a berserker tree that heals you 2-3 hp with every melee hit you do, and abilities that boost melee speed or damage, but enemies do 40+ damage per hit in melee and need 2 or 3 hits to kill if you're getting headshots. Ranged isn't in much better of a position because every gun has super slow rate of fire and terrible recoil. So you're left crouchwalking around and stabbing braindead enemies in the back and I got bored of that pretty quick.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Yeah it's unfortunate for Pizza Tower but my game of the year was Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
way more games need to allow an auteur director to go as unhinged as that game's original release was

"Snake eats Doritos™ and jams out to tunes on four specific models of Walkman™"

"we added the Hatsune Miku software so your Metal Gear can say custom dialogue in one post-game mission"

"the best HP recovery item is the Monster Hunter meat and we imported the minigame wholesale"

"here's a dozen passwords you can input to dress Snake up in UNIQLO™ and 7-11™ outfits, because why not"

"every cutscene will end in a character getting yeeted into orbit by a giant balloon"

"Hideo Kojima is hiding under a truck and joins your squad, gently caress it"

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

KirbyKhan posted:

i'm disappointed Kirby

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Regarde Aduck posted:

i'm disappointed Kirby

its good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
There are 2 ways to play tarkov successfully. Chad or Rat. Everyone else dies.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

you just want to pretend to be thje strongest, the smartest, the fastest. ill see you fools out on the lake:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I see Beyond the Pale is in humble. Did that end up being good? Vaguely remember talk about it. Also Elex 2, but I didn't really like the first game. There's a reason they don't make games like Gothic anymore.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

god I can’t wait for the gothic remake

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

did anybody notice all the big bouncing asses in the gta6 trailer? seems like imo that's the only animation they nailed.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyypffhHDMI

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Lpzie posted:

did anybody notice all the big bouncing asses in the gta6 trailer? seems like imo that's the only animation they nailed.

GOTY potential on the thicc physics alone

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
bouncing titties n asses is ftw. move over Alan, gta trailer is goty 2023

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Xaris posted:

yup. tired of pretending it's not. call me a fascist, i don't care.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Lpzie posted:

checks out

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Xaris posted:

Lpzie posted:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Xaris posted:

As much as I loved Alan Wake, I can't really deny this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Disgusting