Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Smud's doing a lot better than the NYE storm. Only about 1600 without power in Sac county.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

too much rain. where is california going to put all this water

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Stay safe

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Everything is wet and nobody knows how to drive

I hate them

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

a.lo posted:

The valley floor starts rising again, looney tunes style

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a.lo posted:

its not even that much. first normal winter in like 15 years though lmfao.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Larry Parrish posted:

its not even that much. first normal winter in like 15 years though lmfao.

Nah, we had a monster winter about a decade ago, remember when the Orville Dam nearly collapsed?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah IIRC 2016/17 was the wettest water year on record.

Apparently some places along the coast got straight hosed last night. Massive surf damaging piers and highways in Santa Cruz, and if the forecast holds Big Sur is gonna get pounded with rain next week.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
We need him now more than ever to combat this insidious moisture

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Glumslinger posted:

Nah, we had a monster winter about a decade ago, remember when the Orville Dam nearly collapsed?

Oh, yeah. I guess in my head I think of that as a particularly bad storm and not a bad season.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's funny hearing my coworker losing her mind about the storm. She's from socal and watching TikTok all day and being convinced the news is downplaying an apocalyptic storm lol. She's not buying me and our boss (a Sac native) saying it used to flood bad every year.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Larry Parrish posted:

it's funny hearing my coworker losing her mind about the storm. She's from socal and watching TikTok all day and being convinced the news is downplaying an apocalyptic storm lol. She's not buying me and our boss (a Sac native) saying it used to flood bad every year.

Where in socal? San Diego floods every drat time it rains remotely heavily.

https://youtu.be/n4JTcH_LEfE

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

If you park In Fashion Valley when a storm rolls in thats on you lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tarezax posted:

Where in socal? San Diego floods every drat time it rains remotely heavily.

https://youtu.be/n4JTcH_LEfE

I think she's from the redneck parts around LA. She's told me before but I didn't recognize the name so I was like whatever.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Why would the news do anything other than sensationalize and overplay every potential raindrop? They're worse here with rain than the news on the east coast is with snow.

This is certainly not to downplay the people who live in Silverado Canyon who get flooded with mud every rainstorm every year and act surprised every year.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FogHelmut posted:

Why would the news do anything other than sensationalize and overplay every potential raindrop? They're worse here with rain than the news on the east coast is with snow.

This is certainly not to downplay the people who live in Silverado Canyon who get flooded with mud every rainstorm every year and act surprised every year.

Yeah she was like watching so much TikTok she apparently beat out even the actual news with that. She's a dipshit to be sure. But it was funny seeing the only person who had an actual opinion other than 'we need the rain' or 'loving rain'

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

we need the rain

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Can I eat almonds now

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Can I eat almonds now

No eating, export only

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

How about alfalfa?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Golf?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Yes you can eat golf

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Anyone else see the ice clouds s few weeks ago in SF? I was driving into the city and witnessed them right before sunrise.

Wild poo poo.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Rare-noctilucent-clouds-appear-in-SF-Bay-Area-17659007.php

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

gently caress y'all for taking my menthols away.

Dickheads.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I would never vote for a sumptuary law.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Narcissus1916 posted:

Dickheads.

Just pop a Halls when you're smoking bing bong

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Narcissus1916 posted:

Dickheads.

didn't you think of the children being marketed to (????)

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Dickheads.
Last I read they have some crush capsule thing now.
https://www.lataco.com/flavored-cigarettes-tobacco-california/

quote:

One exception is Camel’s new line of “non-menthol” Camel Crush cigarettes. They come in black, green, and blue box almost identical to their menthol version. And the cigarettes inside feature a tiny blue “capsule” in the filter. When “crushed,” the capsule releases an oily, sweet-smelling substance into the filter that’s similar to menthol. Each puff gives you a slightly sweet drag that gives off candy notes.

Sorry for all the flavored nicotine product consumers. Get your stuff online if you can; even though I've detailed how shipping in compliance with various laws is a pain in the rear end.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I have some of the 'oasis green' ones. The actual tobacco is basically tasteless when crushed and the after taste reminds me of cheap urinal cake scent. Lol. Its probably much easier for a non smoker to get into than menthols because it obliterates the tobacco flavor completely.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Just vape like a grown-up

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
get some Captain Black and a pipe :chord:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I literally have a pipe and tried to be a pipe guy for a few months but it’s a pain in the rear end and not that satisfying. Idk maybe I’ll try again

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
You're supposed to put it in your mouth

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Back when I was a teen doing dumb poo poo I tried menthols and they actually made me smoke less as it was more intense each time so gj California

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

CPColin posted:

You're supposed to put it in your mouth

thank you for the advice Colin

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Smythe posted:

thank you for the advice Colin

Your other mouth.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Wind just hit Sac and holy poo poo it's like a loving hurricane. I thought Tuesday was nuts.

Just lost power.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
My windows rattled a bit earlier but I just posted through it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tayter Swift posted:

Wind just hit Sac and holy poo poo it's like a loving hurricane. I thought Tuesday was nuts.

Just lost power.

Same, no power and I've heard a few transformers pop. Wind is rattling my widows and doors. Over 115k without power when I checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Rain has started again in SLO and the forecast is another 4.5 inches by Tuesday lol