Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It hurts me irl to see someone ever cast cure 1 when regen is an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Solitair posted:

So I figured out my problem: I was relying too much on Cure and Medica. The first time I ran Vault today it was a pain in the rear end, and not just because the rest of my party didn't have mechanics down. The second time I used Regen, Assize, cooldowns (Lucid Dreaming included) and the occasional Holy for its stunning effects.

Yeah, a trick with WHM (and most healers but especially whm) is that you're going to want to figure out how to cast as few cure/medicas as possible. Regen, Assize, Tetragrammaton, Divine Benison, Benediction and other spells can all cover a LOT of healing and you can use those GDCs to do DPS instead. You will need to use Cure 2(especially in huge pulls) but notwhere as much as you might think you need to.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Solitair posted:

So I figured out my problem: I was relying too much on Cure and Medica. The first time I ran Vault today it was a pain in the rear end, and not just because the rest of my party didn't have mechanics down. The second time I used Regen, Assize, cooldowns (Lucid Dreaming included) and the occasional Holy for its stunning effects.

Also, don't roll Medica 2 all fight or pre fight. poo poo is expensive and pubbies love that poo poo. It's my number one dumb healer alarm.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Nessus posted:

Part of my own giant heap of corrosive chemical salt is that I spent like an hour doing what I was told, including grouping, and got literally 0 XP out of it - not like, a paltry sum, literally zero.

At least it wasn't negative XP. Last time I jumped in, I joined the train, died on the way to the fate, the party dropped as the fate was dead and no one rezed me after 10 minutes of asking in shout chat, so I respawned and quit. I entered with EL6, left with EL5 and I'm not touching this again until there's some skip potion I can buy that jumps me to the highest level when 5.0 hits.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

TheHeadSage posted:

At least it wasn't negative XP. Last time I jumped in, I joined the train, died on the way to the fate, the party dropped as the fate was dead and no one rezed me after 10 minutes of asking in shout chat, so I respawned and quit. I entered with EL6, left with EL5 and I'm not touching this again until there's some skip potion I can buy that jumps me to the highest level when 5.0 hits.

You can’t lose levels until you’re EL10 or higher. For EL5-10, you can lose experience but not levels.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Mordiceius posted:

You can’t lose levels until you’re EL10 or higher. For EL5-10, you can lose experience but not levels.

Huh. Honestly, I just saw the "You lost 9k xp" message, knew i only had around 7k so I thought I leveled down. Nice to know, but still not going back in.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

TheHeadSage posted:

Huh. Honestly, I just saw the "You lost 9k xp" message, knew i only had around 7k so I thought I leveled down. Nice to know, but still not going back in.

Yeah. I was level 9 with only 2k xp into the level and died in a stupid place. I ate the loss and ported back. Left me must with zero xp but still level 9.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

uh so i have to buy the game again on steam even if i have it on ps4 and their website thing lmao what the gently caress

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Ramadu posted:

uh so i have to buy the game again on steam even if i have it on ps4 and their website thing lmao what the gently caress

If you've already bought it for PC, why buy again?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Don't buy this game on Steam

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDf3im-WiZA

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

homeless snail posted:

Don't buy this game on Steam

whys that?

Wacky Delly posted:

If you've already bought it for PC, why buy again?

i really despise their website and like steam to keep it all in one place'

also i only have stormblood on ps4 and was hopin i could just play it on my pc now that its better

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ramadu posted:

whys that?
Cause you get locked into Steam and end up paying more for expansions, they're always cheaper elsewhere. Anyway I don't think you can activate the Steam version on your account since you already have a PC license and the account system for this game is a little dumb, you're stuck

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

homeless snail posted:

Cause you get locked into Steam and end up paying more for expansions, they're always cheaper elsewhere. Anyway I don't think you can activate the Steam version on your account since you already have a PC license and the account system for this game is a little dumb, you're stuck

yeah ive had a ton of problems with their account system. lost the free 30 days when the game came out and it really put me off the whole thing for years. heck i think i remember having issues with the account system in ff11. why cant SE get in the 2018s

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Brainamp posted:

It hurts me irl to see someone ever cast cure 1 when regen is an option.

Freecure/cheap topping while the boss is invincible is good enough that you see 10+ C1 casts even in 95th percentile+ parses.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Accurate.

Chucat posted:

HOWEVER, in 4.2, the Transpose cooldown was drastically lowered, which, as I mentioned earlier, is the limiting factor in your Flares and why you're casting lovely Fire 2s, which means you can now do, pre-68.

Fire 3 --> Flare --> Transpose --> Fire 3 --> (Sharpcast Thunder 2/4) --> Flare --> Transpose --> etc

Requoting to spread this info. Judging from the other replies in the thread and what I've seen in the wild most people don't know it yet. The only time to use fire 2 post 50 now is if you drop leylines or something speeds you up and you already have thunder up with no TC proc yet.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Just finished the two Level 60 DRK quests. Pretty sure he cut Ystride's head off in that first one, but her head was still intact when you see the shot of her on the ground. :v:

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how Myste becomes a little poo poo and winds up getting a wedgie from yours truly and Fray. Once I get around to leveling to 70, of course.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Well, I hate Eureka a lot, but I had to do it for the glamours. I couldn't not.

May I interest y'all in some good ol' down home healing?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:suicide:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

That better be 4 minutes and 4 seconds of someone saying 'No they are not' over and over again.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

That better be 4 minutes and 4 seconds of someone saying 'No they are not' over and over again.

I watched it. He quotes a single comment from a previous video addressing NM leeching, and says he didn't notice it at first because the content was still fresh but now he's seeing more and more people standing around just to get XP from fates and I dunno guys, what do you think? ARE damage meters the answer?

It goes nowhere and says nothing, but hey, 7k views almost! :v:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Leofish posted:

I watched it. He quotes a single comment from a previous video addressing NM leeching, and says he didn't notice it at first because the content was still fresh but now he's seeing more and more people standing around just to get XP from fates and I dunno guys, what do you think? ARE damage meters the answer?

It goes nowhere and says nothing, but hey, 7k views almost! :v:

Asking a question and staying middle of the road yourself while lying and saying you want to hear what your viewers think in the comments is how YouTube works.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I'm missing the egg event D:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Phone posted:

I'm missing the egg event D:

You have another week.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
I've been giving this a go off and on to play a bit more of a classic MMO/when I want a break from ESO. A question though: I'm leveling as a Pugilist and will likely carry through to be a Monk. However, once I get into Heavensward I might opt to give Machinist a try. From what I've read it claims that the job starts at level 30. Does this mean that if I were say, level 52 as a Monk and made the swap to a Machinist that I would then be booted back to level 30 to level that job?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yes, but it is important to level classes like MCH and AST so you appreciate everything else more.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Yes.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Saint Freak posted:

Yes, but it is important to level classes like MCH and AST so you appreciate everything else more.

I've read mixed reviews about MCH so the make or break for swapping was going to be whether or not I would have to grind out 20+ levels I had recently grinded out all over again. Monk 4 Life it is!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Beefeater posted:

I've read mixed reviews about MCH so the make or break for swapping was going to be whether or not I would have to grind out 20+ levels I had recently grinded out all over again. Monk 4 Life it is!

The whole point of being able to have any job on one character is you don't have to just have one. Leveling is no where near that painful.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
It's a couple pages back, but are you guys telling me that level 70 BLM AoE rotation is literally just a neverending cycle of Fire 3 and Flare?

Because if so I really, really need to go back and finish leveling BLM.

Beefeater posted:

MCH is a great class for robots. You have a ten-second damage boost window every minute to land a million attacks or your damage falls into the sewer. It makes me feel like my heart's going to explode, but you also get to do cool flips and shoot laser missiles so it evens out.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Beefeater posted:

You get an exp bonus towards any class under your highest leveled one. That plus the rested bonus and food and anything else you have running makes it stupid easy to level.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The whole point of being able to have any job on one character is you don't have to just have one. Leveling is no where near that painful.

Brainamp posted:

You get an exp bonus towards any class under your highest leveled one. That plus the rested bonus and food and anything else you have running makes it stupid easy to level.

Fair enough, might be worth a try then. Would I basically have to grind mobs/hit up the duty finder to level it (assuming I've exhausted the questlines up to 50+)?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Beefeater posted:

Fair enough, might be worth a try then. Would I basically have to grind mobs/hit up the duty finder to level it (assuming I've exhausted the questlines up to 50+)?

Do the daily levelling duty roulette for the bonus, otherwise queue for the highest dungeon you can. FATES are an option for filling time when you're waiting for a queue, outright grinding mobs probably isn't worth it.

If you have it unlocked you can do some of the stuff in your challenge log as well.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Also don't forget Leves if you're just a little short of a new level.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Right O, thanks for the tips!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rainuwastaken posted:

It's a couple pages back, but are you guys telling me that level 70 BLM AoE rotation is literally just a neverending cycle of Fire 3 and Flare?

Because if so I really, really need to go back and finish leveling BLM.

:same:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Enjoy the Level 70 quest where letting Enochain drop off even once is almost certainly instant death. :atlus:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Enjoy the Level 70 quest where letting Enochain drop off even once is almost certainly instant death. :atlus:

I managed to not die during the BLM 70 fight but I had several close calls. If I didn't have some verity gear by that point it may have gotten ugly. Still not as annoying as the monk 70 quest though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

N...no I'm lvl 62 tell me it's not that bad