Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I like this variation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GJxBnfkVLY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Golden Compass died a terrible death, but all these YA movies are getting endless bad sequels.

A shame.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Golden Compass died a terrible death, but all these YA movies are getting endless bad sequels.

A shame.

Actually it appears the Golden Compass series is getting made into a TV series, just like Mortal Instruments.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Best logo variation ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob48q--YbQ0&t=0m17s

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

The MSJ posted:

Actually it appears the Golden Compass series is getting made into a TV series, just like Mortal Instruments.
Between this and Magicians the "cynical making GBS threads on Narnia" market is getting crowded.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This one looks like he got really startled.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVCHmG-cro

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Young Freud posted:

I'm surprised no one made a comment about this new poster from The Dude Designs...

It's so horrible and such a blatant riff on Young Frankenstein that I kinda love it. It's exactly the poster that Victor Frankenstein deserves.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Detective No. 27 posted:

This one looks like he got really startled.

"someone farted and I'm 90% sure it wasnt me."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

It's so horrible and such a blatant riff on Young Frankenstein that I kinda love it. It's exactly the poster that Victor Frankenstein deserves.

It really bugs me how badly integrated the "A Paul McGuian Film" part is. At least make it look like chalk or marquee letters or something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Young Freud posted:

I'm surprised no one made a comment about this new poster from The Dude Designs...

It's pretty obvious this poster was completed before he was like...oh poo poo. I have an idea. What about a hat? And an arm??? I'm a genius. I'll just paste the layer on top.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Why didn't they use the original WB logo for this, that would have been pretty cool

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

It really bugs me how badly integrated the "A Paul McGuian Film" part is. At least make it look like chalk or marquee letters or something.

I keep read it as "A Paul McGann Film," was disappointed he's not in a Frankenstein film, then remembered that he sorta was.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

kiimo posted:

It's pretty obvious this poster was completed before he was like...oh poo poo. I have an idea. What about a hat? And an arm??? I'm a genius. I'll just paste the layer on top.

That's how the poster he's basing it off of did it. The hand is intentionally disconnected because it's Frankenstein's monster.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Young Freud posted:

That's how the poster he's basing it off of did it. The hand is intentionally disconnected because it's Frankenstein's monster.

Slam dunk. :)

The poster is a perfect homage.... where homage means paste the faces onto the existing art.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Slam dunk. :)

The poster is a perfect homage.... where homage means paste the faces onto the existing art.

If you look closer between the two, the only thing that was copied is the layout and the concepts. I stared at the castles for a good minute or two and they're definitely different.

Also, I believe the whole thing was done as a joke and not a serious poster for the movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There was a short before Peanuts where the lovely squirrel from Ice Age finds A loving ALIEN SPACESHIP and ACTIVATES IT WITH AN ACORN and goes into space and KNOCKS THE PLANETS AROUND LIKE POOL BALLS, CREATING THE SOLAR SYSTEM and hits an asteroid, which causes a meteor shower on Earth, and this is the actual loving basis of the plot for the next Ice Age movie.

Like, I woulda accepted it as a dumb slapstick cartoon that they're out of ideas for, but these events are what kick off the ACTUAL PLOT OF THE MOVIE.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You're pretty angry over a cartoon squirrel.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I have always hated this drat squirrel and it is becoming patently obvious that they are running out of ideas for what to do with it, but it's like their loving mascot or something so whatever.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Could that look any more like a dick and balls?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

to be fair nobody really liked the ice age film characters other than scrat, it totally makes sense they exploit their sleeper hit mascot rat as much as they can like the minions were

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
So they go from the ice age, to the "dawn of the dinosaurs", to the creation of the solar system.

What is this backwards time universe

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh Charles Dance, what have you done?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Gonz posted:

He's starred in way worse.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gonz posted:

Taken a large cheque that will let him do something he wants to do.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Ok, but what about the bad movies he's been in???

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I love that we now live in a world where the first person who comes up with the idea to plagiarize a public domain novel can make millions of dollars by adding ten paragraphs to someone else's work. And then someone even greedier decides to make it a nerd-pandering movie before everybody forgets about it. I think it's mostly forgotten now already.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Kramjacks posted:

Ok, but what about the bad movies he's been in???

I was about to say, Alien 3 is probably one of his better movies, and it's too bad he gets his brain ate by the alien halfway through the movie(spoiler to a 20 year old movie).

If we're going to put bad Charles Dance movies, how about the Ali G movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbwroS0YP54

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Are we talking about Charles Dance movies?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
That's a sweet 4:3 theatre there.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It would be kinda cool to see DTV movies on the big screen.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Jedit posted:

Taken a large cheque that will let him do something he wants to do.

Hookers?

Light Gun Man posted:

That's a sweet 4:3 theatre there.

To be fair, that's basically imax.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

James Woods Fan posted:

He's starred in way worse.

AKA - Let's tell the most boring version of Dracula possible. And Charles Dance sits in a cave for an hour. Where's my goddamn Hellsing movie :arghfist::japan:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Warner Music still uses that dope logo.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Vlad The Impaler and Elizabeth Bathory are amazing stories to be told that don't need the cheesy supernatural vampire angle tacked on.

Those two are the loving embodiment of "fact is stranger than fiction".

If you want to do a Dracula origin story, just cut the Dracula bit and sink your teeth into the batshit insane story of Vlad Tepes.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If you want to do a Dracula origin story, just cut the Dracula bit and sink your teeth into the batshit insane story of Vlad Tepes.

Most historical figures could probably be apdapted into compelling movies, yeah. A Vlad Țepeș biopic, would be pretty great, actually.

Obviously, Dracula Untold is more the "This is Vlad before he became a vampire. let's muddy some historical poo poo in with the fictional stuff" style.
It's not really even an "untold" story as such; it's really an extended version of the intro scene from Coppola's Dracula, cribs heavily from that movie, and then adds in Charles Dance as some kind of predecessor vampire.

It's such a pointless film. Even worse, they're trying to franchise it, into their own Avengers style mash-up with other classic Universal Monsters.