Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Never had a problem with Bluetooth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
I've never really liked bluetooth much with all of the interference but holy poo poo, tell us how you really feel.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Its The Worst

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

Fixed an issue where a thin grey line could appear at the bottom of the screen during boot in some situations

This one is awesome because my deck does this and every time I have a little panic attack that the screen is dying.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

If you haven't heard of N64 Recompiled, it's a project aiming to create native PC ports of every N64 game with a method called static recompilation. The first release is Zelda 64: Recompiled. This version only supports Majora's Mask, but Ocarina is coming next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywWwUuWRgsM

This is being done with the Steam Deck in mind, as they have details for installing on the platform and setting up gyro controls. Basically you just grab and unpack the Linux release, add it as a non-Steam game, then launch it and point it at your ROM.

Do they have a list of games in the order theyre doing them? Because if I can get native ports of San Francisco Rush and Mario golf I can completely cut N64 emulation out of my life

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'd say that I want Perfect Dark, but that HD unofficial remaster (using that specific emulator 1964 GEPD or whatever it's called) scratched that itch.

Still, it'd be cool to play some of the games I missed out on. Or maybe Excitebike 64 at more than 10fps.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'd say that I want Perfect Dark, but that HD unofficial remaster (using that specific emulator 1964 GEPD or whatever it's called) scratched that itch.

Still, it'd be cool to play some of the games I missed out on. Or maybe Excitebike 64 at more than 10fps.

Uhhh can we get a link to that perfect dark remaster or is that :filez:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pretty sure it's just the version using the custom n64 emulator made for goldeneye

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Detective No. 27 posted:

Mine’s been doing that too. I wonder if it’s the current firmware?

The only recent change I've made is installing Fallout: New Vegas with the Viva New Vegas mod collection. Have you done the same by any chance?

alexandriao posted:

journalctl -xe
will show any services that are failing

sudo journalctl -b 0 --utc
will show logs for the current boot

sudo journalctl -b 0 --utc --no-pager > $(date -I)_boot.log
will write the whole thing to a file

Thanks! I'll give this a shot later!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I have zero issues with Bluetooth since 4.0

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
If you experience issues with your bluetooth dropping out speak with your dentist.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tenkaris posted:

Yes, it's absolutely :filez:, but google will help you out.

Also, the Goldeneye speedrunner Grasl00 has probably posted a lot about it and how to set it up

Trace Bullet
Sep 2, 2011

Pew pew pew

Tenkaris posted:

There's a decompilation port of Perfect Dark that came out back in November: https://github.com/fgsfdsfgs/perfect_dark

It should be fine to link to this since you have to supply your own ROM to run it.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

Bluetooth is a fuckin garbage protocol that shouldnt be used for anything at all.

The only time its guaranteed to (mostly) work at least to an ok standard is when its between devices that were very specifically designed to very specifically connect to each other using very specifically the exact same version of the protocol. We are talking strictly first-party-vendor-same-product-ecosystem poo poo.

Anything else is a total dice roll. gently caress Bluetooth.

I havent had any issues with any Bluetooth devices since like 2017

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
You know, I really loving love this stupid thing. I've been too busy to get much playtime on anything in for the last month so my Steam Deck has sat on its dock, sad and unused, for that whole time. I just opened it and my month-old paused Yakuza Zero game instantly resumed and played without a hitch. Reliable suspend and resume continues to be the feature that amazes me the most about the SD. I think I've had maybe one or two situations where it hasn't worked flawlessly in over a year of ownership between the LCD and OLED models.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Paradoxish posted:

Reliable suspend and resume continues to be the feature that amazes me the most about the SD.

Its terrific. Ive recently played some cutscene-heavy games that dont let you pause when a cutscene is playing, and being able to suspend is so nice, even if its just to answer the phone or something.

Edit: also it should be a crime to release a game that has any point where you cant pause (barring online poo poo, obviously).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

Reliable suspend and resume continues to be the feature that amazes me the most about the SD.

This is the biggest thing the windows handhelds need I also feel like the suspend battery life on the windows handhelds is significantly shorter as well.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

If you haven't heard of N64 Recompiled, it's a project aiming to create native PC ports of every N64 game with a method called static recompilation. The first release is Zelda 64: Recompiled. This version only supports Majora's Mask, but Ocarina is coming next.

This is being done with the Steam Deck in mind, as they have details for installing on the platform and setting up gyro controls. Basically you just grab and unpack the Linux release, add it as a non-Steam game, then launch it and point it at your ROM.

This poo poo is insane.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

tried a factory reset, screen still doesn't work, rip steamed dick 2022-2024

time to responsibly RMA it buy an oled model

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Is the issue with a Deck update causing fuckery with Decky fixed? I'd like to go to Desktop mode to mess with EmuDeck...

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Annath posted:

Is the issue with a Deck update causing fuckery with Decky fixed? I'd like to go to Desktop mode to mess with EmuDeck...

Same question. I applied the update because I have some desktop stuff to do later but we'll see if it bricks itself. Decky didn't have any updates last I checked butt maybe steam fixed something on their side? May be wishful thinking.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Sorry for doubling up. Grab this before it gets nintendo'd

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Shart Carbuncle posted:

It’s terrific. I’ve recently played some cutscene-heavy games that don’t let you pause when a cutscene is playing, and being able to suspend is so nice, even if it’s just to answer the phone or something.

Edit: also it should be a crime to release a game that has any point where you can’t pause (barring online poo poo, obviously).

Takes long enough that you couldn't easily do it in a fight but I enjoyed using this to be able to pause during boss second phase transformation cutscenes in lies of p.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Suburban Dad posted:

Its not going to get Nintendod just like none of the other bring your own N64 rom and plug it into our tool to make a pc version projects dont get Nintendod either.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Suburban Dad posted:

Same question. I applied the update because I have some desktop stuff to do later but we'll see if it bricks itself. Decky didn't have any updates last I checked butt maybe steam fixed something on their side? May be wishful thinking.
I fixed the problem on mine by simply reinstalling Decky.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Commander Keene posted:

I fixed the problem on mine by simply reinstalling Decky.

I was encountering a black screen of death when trying to switch to desktop mode, so I'm nervous about trying to go do anything with decky :ohdear:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
hey has anyone ever noticed that hades, the titular character of roguelike dungeoncrawler HADES, is kind of a bad guy

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Suburban Dad posted:

Nintendo can't do anything if they aren't distributing Nintendo's IP. These things work by you legally acquiring your own ROM and then it reads the rom to create their version of the game. Like all those Mario rom hacks. They just give you a patch file, you have to get your own rom and run the patch program yourself.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Wolfsheim posted:

hey has anyone ever noticed that hades, the titular character of roguelike dungeoncrawler HADES, is kind of a bad guy

Other than that one abduction, I think his record is pretty clean actually.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Nintendo can't do anything if they aren't distributing Nintendo's IP. These things work by you legally acquiring your own ROM and then it reads the rom to create their version of the game. Like all those Mario rom hacks. They just give you a patch file, you have to get your own rom and run the patch program yourself.

Tell that to yuzu.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yuzu was selling access to their software and actively distributing game images. They were using the Nintendo SDK that they acquired illegally. They did the stupidest things possible.

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

Yuzu was selling access to their software and actively distributing game images. They were using the Nintendo SDK that they acquired illegally. They did the stupidest things possible.

The forks that don't do that are also being removed.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Those forks were developed with reference to Nintendos SDK. Theyre tainted from the word go, if theyre descended from Yuzu.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wonder why Nintendo would go extra hard against the project thats actively cutting into their current generation of hardware and its potential revenues alongside all the potentially infringing copyrighted code :thunk:

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
has anyone had any luck dual booting their deck?

i used gparted to set aside some space after a factory reset and got Mint up and running. problem is the network card/chip is done dual wifi/BT Qualcomm 765 or another and even with the latest firmware and kernel, it won't even see my network or mouse. live environment or installed.

i'm trying manjaro live too since it's also based on arch and the network/bluetooth work fine in desktop and gaming modes on the native install

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why would you do any of that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Why would you do any of that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

linux freaks seeing literally any computer: time to break it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

it already has arch on it dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Boo
Feb 24, 2008

nihil novi sub sole
If you have a dock you can try running update/upgrade over Ethernet and see if it can pull the drivers from the repo, assuming that's the problem ofc