Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Schadenboner posted:

What, like, butt-stuff?

JBP posted:

Let's hope so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

I'm really curious if any of the Ork rumors will lead to significant updates to the range, or if it will just be the the big PEQ (primarch equivalent, is that a thing yet) Gaz multi-kit thing that seems likely? I'd love to do an Ork army, especially as a classic opponent for my Crimson Fists to use when I play with my sons. At a minimum, I think we would need a new basic troop / Boyz kit plus the light vehicles. The AOS Ironjawz look great, and it would be nice to get updated basic Orkz and Nobz with that quality. I'd also like to see Gretchin (fine, Grotz) come back with more options too. I have fond memories of 2nd ed. monopose Gretchin with autoguns screening for nearly monopose Goffs. Most of the Kans, Dreds, etc. seem fine. What else does the range need?

Past Orkz, Space Wolves, Knights, and Genestealer Cults, I'm betting on World Eaters getting their own big push so they can do the new Armageddon campaign. New Berserkers! Maybe Black Legion as well since we have had those Abaddon Triumvirate rumors. Past that, I hope we see Emperor's Children / Fulgrim / Slaanesh, but that would need a whole new range instead of just a few updates.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Corrode posted:

The trick is to build them in reverse.

So glue the backpack to the stand, and the Marine to the backpack?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So glue the backpack to the stand, and the Marine to the backpack?

Yep. Stand to base, backpack to stand, then build the Marine onto it. Much easier that way.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If you use 3mm magnets you probably have a drill bit that can make a divot large enough to give the ball more contact area for the glue.

By the way, if you're a real sick freak that hates the giant eldar frills puppetwars just released some alt heads:

Soldier o Fortune posted:

I'm really curious if any of the Ork rumors will lead to significant updates to the range, or if it will just be the the big PEQ (primarch equivalent, is that a thing yet) Gaz multi-kit thing that seems likely? I'd love to do an Ork army, especially as a classic opponent for my Crimson Fists to use when I play with my sons. At a minimum, I think we would need a new basic troop / Boyz kit plus the light vehicles. The AOS Ironjawz look great, and it would be nice to get updated basic Orkz and Nobz with that quality. I'd also like to see Gretchin (fine, Grotz) come back with more options too. I have fond memories of 2nd ed. monopose Gretchin with autoguns screening for nearly monopose Goffs. Most of the Kans, Dreds, etc. seem fine. What else does the range need?

I'm not sure if we'll see too many infantry updates since orks have largely retained the same style for a good while, but it would be nice if their vehicles saw some updates.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It'd be nice if all dudes for all armies got cool new models.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
After this years run of releases it will be sisters allegedly and that better be a whole new range

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

JBP posted:

After this years run of releases it will be sisters allegedly and that better be a whole new range

It's allegedly nothing, they're officially announced for 2019. When in 2019 is a different question - judging by the March FAQ it'll be about February 2020.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Just finished this big lad, really enjoyed this project.

'Spear of Ultramar', a Knight Lancer from House Konor, now sworn to the Ultramarines 4th Company:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

The entire model is incredible but there's something about the shield in particular that I really love.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Corrode posted:

Yep. Stand to base, backpack to stand, then build the Marine onto it. Much easier that way.

How do you prime that without painting the stand over?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
You all know that this is the correct answer.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

TTerrible posted:

If the proud boy guy is in an official gw store, email head office. Just make poo poo up.

Nothing will come of it but it’ll stir poo poo up righteously and all the other local assholes will come out of the woodwork. It’ll be a great cleansing exercise.

No-one has to craft any elaborate stories to demonstrate how detrimental fascist presence is. They can't remotely keep their obnoxiousness to themselves.

Schadenboner posted:

If you don't want to make it weird for the manager just suffer not the fashie to live out back by the dumpsters.

This x1000. Laugh as he cries about white genocide and the tolerant left, then invite some of your rightie friends to help.

The Impaler posted:

You're just as bad as who he represents by calling for violence.

Lmao "the people stopping the fascists are the real fascists!" GTFOHWTBS mang hahahaha "Don't ever hit back at people preparing to kill you that's mean" looooool

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

No-one has to craft any elaborate stories to demonstrate how detrimental fascist presence is. They can't remotely keep their obnoxiousness to themselves.

Nah, I meant just amp it up so they can't ignore it "until he does something" as that is usually the corporate response.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Lmao "the people stopping the fascists are the real fascists!" GTFOHWTBS mang hahahaha "Don't ever hit back at people preparing to kill you that's mean" looooool

So much for the tolerant left. Can't even support genocide without having your free speech rights trampled on internet forums. :qq:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Corrode posted:

That's a really smart approach, especially since the backpack and Marine connection has tons of surface area to glue.

Ayn Marx posted:

You paint everything separately first. Inceptors are great for this since there's so much room that gets covered and gives you places to connect something to. For example I use plastic cement and a piece of sprue:

The sprue is glued in a location where it won't matter. For example the underside of the shoulder pads, outside of the shoulders (where the shoulder pad is glued to), base of the head, and inside of the backpack where it glues to the Marine. Using plastic cement provides a nice strong bond and naturally I have tons of sprue lying around.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

'Spear of Ultramar', a Knight Lancer from House Konor, now sworn to the Ultramarines 4th Company:

That's loving gorgeous, and makes me think that maybe I'll just do my Knights in Regal Skulls colors. Did you print a decal for the banner?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Ayn Marx posted:

I was going to paint them black anyway so I didn't worry about that, but like Beer said you can also paint them in bits and assemble later.

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

This is cracking stuff.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How does the lore work with Knights sworn to Chapters? I am trying to think of a way to have a cohesive scheme for my Primaris, Knights, and long term possibly a Titan.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
That Knight is insanely gorgeous, holy poo poo

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Pendent posted:

The entire model is incredible but there's something about the shield in particular that I really love.

Thanks! I much prefer how it looks to the kinda wire-frame one it comes with.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's loving gorgeous, and makes me think that maybe I'll just do my Knights in Regal Skulls colors. Did you print a decal for the banner?

Thank you, you should! Yep the main design on the banner is a custom decal, though I painted the starfield around it to try and match the decal. My first time playing around with printing decals and I was pretty surprised how nice they turned out.

Corrode posted:

This is cracking stuff.

Cheers!

ineptmule posted:

That Knight is insanely gorgeous, holy poo poo

Thank you!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How does the lore work with Knights sworn to Chapters? I am trying to think of a way to have a cohesive scheme for my Primaris, Knights, and long term possibly a Titan.

it's 40k man, just make it up

my space marine chapter writes on its scrollwork and armor with cuneiform instead of fake latin. why? because i like sumerian cuneiform and would rather paint it than letters, and justify it with some bullshit about 'their chapter homeworld was originally brought to compliance by the Word Bearers before the Heresy, and the locals still use Colchisian runes'

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Possible rogue trader models leak.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

What a nice doggo, gimme

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Goddamn it now I have to buy more Nurgle models! GW! :argh:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
That looks pretty legitimate to me and holy poo poo do those look like some rad models.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'll eat my pizza hat again if this is true.

Eat the pizza hat, MSP

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Eat the pizza hat, MSP

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Each of the major groups of the Imperium (Ecclesiarchy, High Lords, Inquisition, Space Marine Chapters, Adeptus Mechanicus, even Rogue Traders to an extent) are a law unto themselves and they can effectively suborn any other imperial group that is locally weaker. For example, the Ultramarines canonically rule a large number of worlds, and they levy and train normal human soldiers that are effectively Imperial Guard, but fall under Ultramarine command structures. There's nothing really in the fluff that prevents the same from being true of any combination. Knights can be sworn to a chapter or a general, a general could follow a crusade, AdMech could be from a minor forgeworld controlled by a space marine chapter, etc.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SRM posted:

Eat the pizza hat, MSP

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

Eat the pizza hat, MSP

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It depends on what you want to do fluff wise.

Knights will sometimes be granted the right to put chapter markings on their banner to commemorate their fighting alongside a chapter. You also have entire Knight houses that have close bonds to a chapter, which might be reflected in their livery. They can even be oathsworn to a Chapter

Then you have freeblades, which can be whatever backstory you want, even going as far as attaching the knight to a particular company or chapter.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
MSP eat the hat

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Looking to buy some FW dreads with that sale plus the free shipping they have going on right now. Was for sure going to get a Leviathan with dual stormcannons. I was also thinking of a plasma Deredeo since I play Dark Angels and WftDA seems ok with it. Are Deredeo actually good or am I better going with a contemptor or second Leviathan?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Has anyone seen that go all the way towards Titans wearing SM chapter livery?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Soldier o Fortune posted:

More models is always a good thing, but we don’t really need new Boyz. It’s a good kit, customisable and for GW at least - cheap. New light vehicles would be nice as you say, Plastic Tankbustas and Kommandos would be wonderful but I’m not holding my breath. I suspect we will see Skarboys which are bigger and Primaris sized. Everyone just plunders the Ironjaws range so probably no new Weirdboy or Nob with banner pole.

I’d love a bundle involving Mega Nobz that made them cheaper pound wise to buy. 38 quid for 126 points base is a bit much, especially when Termies cost less money for more models. Also they could stand to be more compelling to field.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Mef989 posted:

Looking to buy some FW dreads with that sale plus the free shipping they have going on right now. Was for sure going to get a Leviathan with dual stormcannons. I was also thinking of a plasma Deredeo since I play Dark Angels and WftDA seems ok with it. Are Deredeo actually good or am I better going with a contemptor or second Leviathan?

Deredeos are probably the best unit after hellblasters to use WftDA on. You can overcharge with impunity thanks to it being a static unit with Grim Resolve, and on the off chance it does go wrong you only lose 1 wound at a time rather than a whole model. It can also hand out a 5++ to nearby units like a budget Azreal, which is handy for devs.

The best use I found for Leviathans with DA was as a tanky platform to dish out Wisdom of the Ancients on mobile things that don't really benefit from Grim Resolve, like Hellblasters. That and looking awesome.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Guy Goodbody posted:

well, poo poo. I was going to go with Blood Angels because the tutorials make painting space marines in general look reasonably easy, and I really liked the bright red of the Blood Angels.

I've tried dozens and dozens of ways to paint Blood Angels. I've used Gw, Tamiya, Reaper, and Vallejo paints. None gave me the results I wanted.

Finally I found some guy on Dakka's recipe. It's simple, it's easy, it works.

1. Prime with Duplicolor Red Automotive primer:

]

This stuff is amazing. It gives the best, smoothest coverage I've ever found from a spray. Light, fast coats get the job done well. You can find it at any auto parts store; the label is a bit different from the photo now, but just look for "Duplicolor sandable red primer."

Next, use Createx airbrush paint. This stuff is a LOT cheaper than any GW paint. You can buy a 4 oz bottle for $7 or so.

Get a bottle of red and a bottle of black.

Paint the red from above. It covers well and makes a nice red.

Mask the rims on the shoulders (or don't). Mix in a little bit of black. Paint this from below. Do this after the zenithal paint from above to force the shadows.

Paint details and you'll get this:

Add in edge highlights and such and it'll look even better.

Here's the Dakka thread: Link.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"Paint your poo poo like our poo poo so we don't shoot you. That's an order."

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've seen people paint battle scenes depicting Space Marines on the armor of the titans, but never the heraldry of a chapter itself. I think the Titans would be one of those things where the other branches would never be able to acquisition them without their consent, right?

Could an inquisitor get a titan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

SRM posted:

Eat the pizza hat, MSP

TTerrible posted:

MSP eat the hat