Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

...Orville Norwood?

You know, of the Gatlinburg Norwoods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

First Visual of the upcoming Batman Ninja film

With some tidbits gleaned from twitter

And a look at Batman and Joker's figuarts

https://twitter.com/DLohRidah/status/916065444649488384

Tom Hiddelson as the Joker?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
[quote="“K. Waste”" post="“477157456”"]
You know, of the Gatlinburg Norwoods.
[/quote]

Too close to war criminal Ollie North for my taste

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

jivjov posted:

Apparently the partnership has actually been cancelled entirely.

This is a quote given to screenrant

This is incredible because it's literally what Tony Stark does in Civil War to recruit Spiderman.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
[quote="“HUNDU THE BEAST GflipsidecofOD”" post="“477159255”"]
This is incredible because it’s literally what Tony Stark does in Civil War to recruit Spiderman.
[/quote]

It's not too surprising that this happened; the entire MCU ideology is "focussing on technology in a positive sense."

The flipside of saying "Stark Industries is good because it stopped selling weapons" is the implicit assertion that Stark Industries was always good simply corrupted by the existence of guns.

Disney x Northrop's message is consequentky that, while they might sell guns now, this is simply a pragmatic means of gradually phasing out guns in the faraway Star Trek future of moneyless capitalism. Hence, "Imagination / Reality": Northrop Grumman is the pragmatic-realistic version of the ostensibly utopian MCU movies.

Of course, the MCU movies were already pragmatic-realistic bullshit, but I guess those in charge didn't really realize it. Someone saw Iron Man Civil War and said "this is how things ought to be!"

It Just Got Worse
Oct 30, 2012

gently caress yeah.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Me, me, me, me, also me, me, m

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I need to know: what is, like, the plot of the comic? Who is the villain?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Took me a while to notice the Northrop-Grumman logo on Stark Tower. :golfclap:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ferrinus posted:

I need to know: what is, like, the plot of the comic? Who is the villain?

An evil Senator using his chairmanship to lead a public investigation into the F35 boondoggle while pushing for an audit of Defense spending.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What if Black Panther used his ultra tech to defend his country without needing the IMF or their MIC buddies?

Just kidding, thats not a hypothetical, world politics is a protection racket, and if you dont play ball they coup your government.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/grahammctavish/status/916819040009687041

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Thor did nothing to deserve this!!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah I would not describe Thor as a sarcastic genius. Probably more of a lovable oaf.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

got any sevens posted:

Just kidding, thats not a hypothetical, world politics is a protection racket, and if you dont play ball they coup your government.

You're not supposed to just say it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9-DM9uBtVI&hd=1

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Yeah I would not describe Thor as a sarcastic genius. Probably more of a lovable oaf.

He doesn't have the charisma to be a loveable oaf

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The Justice league trailer was lame. The closeups mid action look like poo poo. I don't care who came up with them. Also, that dream scene makes no sense in the context of the other movies and is shot like those dumb closeups.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

McCloud posted:

He doesn't have the charisma to be a loveable oaf

I love that the greatest praise Thor's biggest fan in the thread could muster was that he was like a dog.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
The Justice League trailer was dope as gently caress. Im stoked for this film.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That Justice League trailer was awful. It was like it was edited by a randomized algorithm.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

The Unfetered One posted:

The Justice League trailer was dope as gently caress. Im stoked for this film.

It does look like Whedon managed to turn this around. It's almost Knight and Day.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Watched it a couple more times. It's not bad, just the Superman scene takes me straight out of it. You can see a clear difference in tone, just in "the ring" line, when it cuts to some dope bvs footage. The framing is just completely different. Objects have meanings in the bvs shots, and in the justice shots, the most interesting thing is always the actors.

Then at the end of a kind of cool sequence, you get this same dumb weird meaningless framing. Like like at the closeup of bats when the monster is in his face, his head takes up the whole frame, showing how open he is to attack. Look at ww, just breezy with a light glow(?) on her shoulder in what looks like a glamour shot in oakland in front of some forgotten buildings; they couldn't even put the explosion behind her you can see in the previous wideshot. Ugh.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Maybe Whedon was a slight, positive influence? Def see it with the Flash.
Looks super cool.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That trailer looks far worse than I expected, and I had next to no expectations anyway. Obviously the movie will be different in its entirety, but its not as if slapping it on a big screen is going to make it look any less ugly.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Looks awesome so far. Not quite sure about the humor, but I like that this actually looks like an invasion by an alien enemy. The red skies, the weird hellish landscape, the swarm of locust-like parademons (continuing the insect theme from MoS), it all looks amazing.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
The Clark scene was the best part.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
How upset are we going to be if Batman nukes the entire enemy army?

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The color gradient, the quick and sharp dialogue, and patented "Straight from the Cover" poses all scream Whedon.

It looks like those 7 months of reshoots, rewrites, and editing really did give him the chance to turn it around. It's pretty impressive, especially given all of the issues (avoidable and unavoidable) working against the production.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The color gradient, the quick and sharp dialogue, and patented "Straight from the Cover" poses all scream Whedon.

It looks like those 7 months of reshoots, rewrites, and editing really did give him the chance to turn it around. It's pretty impressive, especially given all of the issues (avoidable and unavoidable) working against the production.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

I, too, am really glad that Snyder/Whedon was able to really make this movie good/bad.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

It is really impressive that Whedon managed to turn it around, especially with all the issues they had.

You're trying too hard lmao.

[edit] Couple new shots in the instagram version of the trailer: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ_Okn8giHK/

teagone fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 8, 2017

Violator
May 15, 2003

"Not an invasion... something darker..." seems to point to at least a little bit mentioned in that leaked reshoot list. "The Harvester subplot was entirely added in reshoots, restructuring the third act which was originally just an alien invasion."

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Of course, the MCU movies were already pragmatic-realistic bullshit, but I guess those in charge didn't really realize it. Someone saw Iron Man Civil War and said "this is how things ought to be!"

You could call Tony Stark an accelerationist except he doesn't seem to be all that visionary. It's more like Neo-Fordism.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Possible confirmation that Affleck is staying on as Batman after Justice League?

quote:

The Warner Bros. Executive said that, while editing and test screenings are still ongoing, they are confident in the film. He stressed that it is not unusual for a major film to continue editing until shortly before release.

"We have a great product. The essence of what Zack wanted is still there, but this is Joss's baby. You aren't going to see a tonally schizophrenic movie. We have invested the time and the resources to get this right."

When asked about Whedon's future with Warner Bros. and DC Comics in light of recent revelations of infidelity, the executive demurred.

"This is Hollywood! [laughs] If we had to get rid of everyone with problems in their personal life, then we would be shutting down next week. We'd have to do a Batman movie without Batman [laughs]."

Serf
May 5, 2011

That JL trailer actually looked mildly interesting.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Zack Snyder reads comments about the first JL trailer and doesn't like what he sees. "You want 'Color'? I'll give you 'color'..."

"Hey Tony, you know that final battle scene you've been working on? Make it all orange. Every single frame, crank up the orange dial all the way!"

"Yes I know there's not an actual orange dial. it's an expression, Jesus Tony, come on."

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

This movie is clearly all about teamwork and yet you guys are all trying to tear Snyder and Whedon apart. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

That still looked real good. I'm fine with intercut close ups of the justice league smiling at each other in the middle actual good shots if that's what people want to feel happy about super heroics.

• Locked thread