Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yeah, it's fantastic they're still together but getting rid of that car is obviously an error he made in life.

My parents made all sorts of awesome AI car mistakes over the years. My mom has had a 58 Plymouth Fury, 67 Mustang convertible, and a 75 260Z. My dad had a 9 second 69 Nova that he ended up selling so I could have my own Junior Dragster, so that was still pretty loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/tBZ45xM.mp4

This motherfucker is Awaited in Valhalla

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Christ, how fast do you reckon that's going? :aaa:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It has sound too. :neckbeard:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:iia:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Christ, how fast do you reckon that's going? :aaa:

Not as fast as the sped up footage makes it seem.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Q_res posted:

not sped up, theres a slight fisheye on the lens.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Fury River. :black101:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Someone buy that dude an account.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

He shall ride forever, shiny and moist.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Yeah you might want to be careful with that. We looked at the highest rates of work related deaths a couple years ago at work, and the second highest (after falling off ladders) was being crushed by a tractor/mower roll-over.

My SO's grandpa died very young that way, tragic.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Q_res posted:

His movements look pretty natural. If it's sped up, it's subtle.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The water splashes next to the hull is what made me think it's sped up.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's a pretty low framerate so that could mess up your perception of what the water is doing.

That said, it is very common to speed up gifv's slightly to make whatever they're depicting seem more exciting. Usually not a huge amount, like 10% or less. Just enough to jazz it up but not trigger everyone's sense that something is wrong.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

My guess is that it'd be a lot like brodude who buys an 8 series bmw/ fancy AMG benz or whatever cause he's a baller and can afford a 150,000 dollar car, cause he just won 200,000. But all of a sudden its like 400 bucks for an oil change, and tires are 500 each, and that cabin air filter is 200, engine air filter is 900, and brake pads for just the front are 1500, and, and and and. Just on a lager scale. The oil change on your super-mega-mobile is now 3000 and so on.

I'm sure its a bit less common in the world of exotics, but i'd wager it still happens.

Watch the “What’s inside” YouTuber video where how he talks about how dangerous his model S is as the backs wheels turn into skates when the ground is wet and you can see his tires are so bald you can see the steel bands.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I could pinpoint the exact frame it gets sped up.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

There's sound if you view it on imgur and it doesn't sound hacked up. :shrug:

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Memento posted:

The turbo Toyota motored boats like that are all over Thailand

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
but the pixels, you see

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

don't post pictures of my micro machines

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Memento posted:

E: going too far for a dumb pun but I'm still in awe of him controlling the steering with just a tiller

Phy fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 11, 2018

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Passenger lap with the dude that set the GT3 RS lap record earlier this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYww-_jb698

Beautiful piece of driving / pushing the car pretty hard

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

BlackMK4 posted:

Passenger lap with the dude that set the GT3 RS lap record earlier this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYww-_jb698

Beautiful piece of driving / pushing the car pretty hard

What's up with the exhaust at the end of the video? Looks like it's capped off at the end and then there's some cutouts at the bottom???

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Aargh posted:

What's up with the exhaust at the end of the video? Looks like it's capped off at the end and then there's some cutouts at the bottom???
Baffles for sound level? Required to get something a bit rorty past noise check on some tracks.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Fifty Three posted:

There's sound if you view it on imgur and it doesn't sound hacked up. :shrug:

Found the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jxJHJO3ESo

Confirmed real as gently caress and awesome as gently caress. Thailand is a place where they drag race hopped up soil tillers, they're a special kind of AI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSmXPtyr_aY

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 13, 2018

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

cakesmith handyman posted:

Does it have rollover protection of some sort?

Oh loving oath it does. It’s a New Holland T6010 tractor with a full cabin on it and a big front end loader on the front. You only ever go up and down things like that, never across slope and NEVER turn on a slope.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1028159341432586242?s=20

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't claim to be an expert, but i don't think that's how you're supposed to ride a motorcycle.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Huh, so that's how you layer down.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I saw this cool challenger

He floored it, it backfired hard and the trunk poppped open.

You know what they say, you can take the mopar out of the junkyard........

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ferremit posted:

poo poo... I think i slash areas at work which arent a lot less steep with a new holland 4wd tractor.

Im pretty sure my sense of self preservation has been permanently warped by doing slashing with tractors. It cant be a good thing when they ask 50 people if anyone is interested in learning how to do the slashing and the universal reply is "gently caress NO- Ferremits loving INSANE where he takes that thing!"

Do you not have a slope mower?

Also, I just learned when doing a GIS for that, that remote control versions are now a thing.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I saw some dude using one of those remote controlled ones. Looks pretty fun.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Put a camera on it and I could mow my lawn while taking a bath.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Robomower/Lawn Roombas have been a thing for a while. My father bought one like 15 years ago. Dumb thing couldn't do even half the lawn on a full charge.

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

Rhyno posted:

Robomower/Lawn Roombas have been a thing for a while. My father bought one like 15 years ago. Dumb thing couldn't do even half the lawn on a full charge.

The newer ones are better and I did some research into them. From what I found, they aren't designed to mow weekly like a human would, rather they are supposed to run daily, only cutting a small bit. That's how they get around the battery problem.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Apart from the badass death mower up there that seems to draw directly from 2 jerry cans.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress literally everything about this