Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
This is a neat way to display single issues.
http://boingboing.net/2015/04/10/make-this-display-frame-that-h.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Moving sucks but getting to expand my shelves is pretty excellent.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You missed a spot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I never expected to set them up this way. I still have an unassembled 5x5 I bought when they discontinued the line. I figure eventually we'll have a place where I can set everything up and it'll be 12 cubes wide and 6 tall all the way across.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I demand you get a 1x1.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I demand you get a 1x1.

Nah, I have a super huge figure to put there.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For what it's worth CGN got me my titles by Thursday the week of release and in perfect condition, so I'll be using them for the foreseeable future.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Wait. Amazon says that Fraction's Hawkguy OSHC vol 2 comes out like 5 or 6 months after the omnibus. What in the gently caress

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happy Hippo posted:

Wait. Amazon says that Fraction's Hawkguy OSHC vol 2 comes out like 5 or 6 months after the omnibus. What in the gently caress
Rhyno says the OSHC was delayed until after it in Diamond.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Rhyno posted:

Moving sucks but getting to expand my shelves is pretty excellent.

Ugh, this just reminds me I'm moving in a month and I'll have to move again in 1-2 years after my wife is done with her new post doc. Now I'm just glaring at the 5x5 Expedit and wondering why the gently caress I though that was smart buy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Karnegal posted:

Ugh, this just reminds me I'm moving in a month and I'll have to move again in 1-2 years after my wife is done with her new post doc. Now I'm just glaring at the 5x5 Expedit and wondering why the gently caress I though that was smart buy.

I had to disassemble it and 6 detolfs to get them out of the apartment. NEVER AGAIN.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I have an opportunity to get the 4 volume Seven Soldiers Tpbs, what differences are there between it and the two volume hardcovers? Are the hardcovers worth splurgimg on compared to the tpbs?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pretty sure the only difference is the hardcovers are hard cover.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

GorfZaplen posted:

I have an opportunity to get the 4 volume Seven Soldiers Tpbs, what differences are there between it and the two volume hardcovers? Are the hardcovers worth splurgimg on compared to the tpbs?
I think the contents are exactly the same.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Alright, thanks!

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

GorfZaplen posted:

Alright, thanks!

Are the hardcovers larger? I can't remember. The content is definitely the same, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bairfanx posted:

Are the hardcovers larger? I can't remember. The content is definitely the same, though.

No, standard size.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Aren't the HCs printed in the order the issues came out, and the TPBs are grouped by stories?
I know my HCs are in the printing order.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
The think the trades I read were in order of release, not grouped by stories, but it's been years ago.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Having purchased the trades, they are in order of release. Even if I decide to get the hardcovers later these will be nice to lend out to friends.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

Aren't the HCs printed in the order the issues came out, and the TPBs are grouped by stories?
TPBs are not grouped by stories--they are in the same order as the HCs.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

is Kot's Secret Avengers getting the OSHC treatment?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

^burtle posted:

is Kot's Secret Avengers getting the OSHC treatment?

No.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!
I've looked both here and in SA Mart, but can't find a catch-all thread for TPB buy/sell/trade. (The one from the OP is long gone.) Is there still a place for that that I'm just missing, or do we not really do it anymore?

The Wreck
Aug 16, 2004

I think I brained my damage

gfanikf posted:

:magical:

Well I can always finish building my AR SBR later.

Has anyone used Cheapgraphicnovel.com before? For some reason them and Tales of wonder get it in earlier then Amazon by three weeks. That said I wanted to use CheapGN as they offer priority shipping and not just black hole media mail.

Little late for you, but I use both and both are great. I'll take a little extra delivery time for my omnibuses over the random Amazon shipping damage (sure, let's put a single air bag in this oversized box with a ten pound book).

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

tvb posted:

I've looked both here and in SA Mart, but can't find a catch-all thread for TPB buy/sell/trade. (The one from the OP is long gone.) Is there still a place for that that I'm just missing, or do we not really do it anymore?

I have my own Buy/Sell/Trade thread in SA-Mart that gets no attention whatsoever. If I start a new catch-all one, please post in it, so we can hopefully get some action going.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I have my own Buy/Sell/Trade thread in SA-Mart that gets no attention whatsoever. If I start a new catch-all one, please post in it, so we can hopefully get some action going.

Sounds interesting. I'm based in Norway, but I'm guessing most of you guys are based in the US. Shipping a TPB from the US to anywhere shouldn't be that expensive, I guess? Just put it in a bubblewrap envelope.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I created that general Buy/Sell/Trade megathread here, and expanded it to include action figures and other collectibles that might appeal to the same people:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3715964

Granbar, in my experience, shipping internationally almost always works out to be more expensive than you'd expect, often negating any kind of good deal you might be getting. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
What TPB or HC would I buy to fill the void between Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 2 and X-Men Ghosts? I'm looking for issues 154-198 I guess?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mahasamatman posted:

What TPB or HC would I buy to fill the void between Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 2 and X-Men Ghosts? I'm looking for issues 154-198 I guess?

It's the last big gap in Claremont's run that hasn't been collected. Later this year, the second X-Men Epic Collection will collect UXM #189-198 (so, the issues immediately before Ghosts), as well as the two-issue Alpha Flight crossover, Annual #8 and the four-issue Nightcrawler miniseries. In other words, it'll be collecting Asgardian Wars without the New Mutants issues, along with some extras.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

it's so weird that the Paul Smith run (#165-175) is uncollected except in B&W Essential format and one issue showing up at the end of a Marvel Masterworks. that stretch is iconic as hell - "Professor X is a Jerk!", Storm knife-fighting Callisto and debuting the mohawk look, Wolverine fighting Silver Samurai and getting turned down by Mariko, most of the Madelyne Pryor saga - those are some of my absolute favorite X-Men comics.

Uncle Boogeyman fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 26, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

it's so weird that the Paul Smith run (#165-175) is uncollected except in B&W Essential format and one issue showing up at the end of a Marvel Masterworks. that stretch is iconic as hell - "Professor X is a Jerk!", Storm knife-fighting Callisto and debuting the mohawk look, Wolverine fighting Silver Samurai and getting turned down by Mariko, most of the Madelyne Pryor saga - those are some of my absolute favorite X-Men comics.

This was brought up once before and somebody claimed that Smith's reprint deal is what keeps those issues out of print.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mahasamatman posted:

I believe this is pretty much up to date.

Click on the link near the top to back to the main index.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 26, 2015

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

This was brought up once before and somebody claimed that Smith's reprint deal is what keeps those issues out of print.

Weird, i didn't know that. i ended up buying 'em all last time there was an X-Men sale on Comixology. Paul Smith's a dope artist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Weird, i didn't know that. i ended up buying 'em all last time there was an X-Men sale on Comixology. Paul Smith's a dope artist.

I don't know how legit it is but it's the answer that came up last time.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I'm eyeing the OSHCs of Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers and Avengers volume 1 ends on issue 11 while volume 2 starts at issue 14. Where are issues 12 and 13 collected?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Hippo posted:

I'm eyeing the OSHCs of Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers and Avengers volume 1 ends on issue 11 while volume 2 starts at issue 14. Where are issues 12 and 13 collected?

The Infinity HC.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The Infinity HC.

Nope, it collects, "Infinity 1-6, New Avengers 7-12, Avengers 14-23, Infinity: Against the Tide Infinite Comic 1-2"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They updated the contents, I just got mixed up

quote:

AVENGERS BY JONATHAN HICKMAN HC VOL 01
MARVEL COMICS
(W) Jonathan Hickman, Nick Spencer (A) Various (CA) Dustin Weaver
The greatest heroes in comics, together as one unbeatable team! The Avengers "go large," expanding their roster and sphere of influence to a global and even interplanetary levels. Who will respond to Captain America's call? The Avengers' first missions take them to Mars, and then far across the galaxy as Captain Universe races to decipher the secret origin of the universe itself! Then, the Avengers must deal with the White Event as strangely familiar new heroes are born! The team faces the World Breaker and discovers the imminent threat to the Avengers World, Omega Flight encounters a Garden Origin site, Shang-Chi battles an ancient enemy, and the High Evolutionary stakes his claim in the Savage Land! Jonathan Hickman takes Earth's Mightiest Heroes to the next level with big threats, big ideas and big idealism! Collecting AVENGERS (2012) #1-13.

So volume 1 and 2 have all the issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Ah, okay, nice, thanks!