Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
PlayStation Network was down for 22 days once!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
The worst/saddest/most hilarious part of this is that their website and forums appear to be on the same server as the game itself, so unless you think to check their Twitter it looks like they've disappeared off the face of the earth. Even the game launcher hangs indefinitely instead of displaying a maintenance message.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

He who lives in glass houses should not attempt owns

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

jalapeno_dude posted:

The worst/saddest/most hilarious part of this is that their website and forums appear to be on the same server as the game itself, so unless you think to check their Twitter it looks like they've disappeared off the face of the earth. Even the game launcher hangs indefinitely instead of displaying a maintenance message.

Haha, I was wondering why I couldn't log in and there weren't any messages. Lol that the something awful forums are apparently the easiest way for me to get information on if the game is working or not. I see maintenance is scheduled until noon tomorrow right now, so I guess I'll check back next week.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Haha, I was wondering why I couldn't log in and there weren't any messages. Lol that the something awful forums are apparently the easiest way for me to get information on if the game is working or not. I see maintenance is scheduled until noon tomorrow right now, so I guess I'll check back next week.

Not a fan of twitter either but when I realized the website is down I just check twitter.com/lotro once a day, TLDR: it's down til noon tomorrow EST, and probably just expect the whole weekend to be hosed.

Bright side: Possibly faster servers, maybe some kind of compensation, and they already mentioned once they need to extend the Ill Omens skirmish event.

edit

I listened to the Cord of The Rings stream and he confirmed the event will be extended, VIP will receive 'at least as many' days as they lost, and possibly some other compensation. It'll depend on the downtime obviously.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 9, 2019

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah, I seem to remember them giving out 100LP or so the last time they had an epic meltdown like this.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Well, this would explain why I got a blank launcher that acted like I don't have an account when I went to do updates.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

extra stout posted:

He who lives in glass houses should not attempt owns

Har-de-har. On an entirely unrelated note, servers are back up, along with downtime compensation plans.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?671702-LOTRO-Post-Downtime-Events-Sales-Bonuses-and-FAQ-3-9-19

quote:

All players will receive:

A Coupon Code for a free Appreciation Box containing: 5 100% XP Boosts, 5 Enhanced XP Supply, 5 Tomes of Defence, 2000 Figments of Splendour, 3 Rapid Crafting Boosts, and an assortment of seasonal dyes. (1/Account). Expiration end of April.

Additionally, VIP players will receive:

A VIP subscription time extension.
250 LOTRO Points automatically granted to their account if they have logged in during the previous 30 days.

Premium players who have logged in during the previous 30 days will receive:

250 LOTRO Points

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Moria unlocks on the legendary servers tomorrow, March 14th. How bad is the bottleneck going to be? I played through out to Lothlorien for the first time last summer and some of the early quests took forever with just me and an empty zone.

Not sure what is going on with my account. I've been killing time over in Elder Scrolls Online and EQ2 while waiting for Moria. I kept my VIP sub active. While the servers were down last week it billed me for the new month but then they refunded me the day they came back up. I thought it was due to a vip extension but it wouldn't let me log onto Anor. So I resubbed, logged in and played for a bit. Played again last night to move my main down to Eregion and cleaned out my inventory. Then today I got notice they refunded my subscription again. I guess if they don't want me playing I will stick with other games for a while as the Moria crowd moves through the early areas and spreads out a bit. edit: I'll see if it lets me log in tonight or not, the account page says I'm good until April despite the refund.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 13, 2019

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

bagrada posted:

Moria unlocks on the legendary servers tomorrow, March 14th. How bad is the bottleneck going to be? I played through out to Lothlorien for the first time last summer and some of the early quests took forever with just me and an empty zone.

Not sure what is going on with my account. I've been killing time over in Elder Scrolls Online and EQ2 while waiting for Moria. I kept my VIP sub active. While the servers were down last week it billed me for the new month but then they refunded me the day they came back up. I thought it was due to a vip extension but it wouldn't let me log onto Anor. So I resubbed, logged in and played for a bit. Played again last night to move my main down to Eregion and cleaned out my inventory. Then today I got notice they refunded my subscription again. I guess if they don't want me playing I will stick with other games for a while as the Moria crowd moves through the early areas and spreads out a bit. edit: I'll see if it lets me log in tonight or not, the account page says I'm good until April despite the refund.

It's a bug from a billing error while the servers were down, not an intentional gently caress you, but I'm sorry as that does sound annoying. Sounds like something support would fix if you choose.

Also I just read the last sentence of your post but it's still probably helpful to know that was a bug from the downtime and you can check the forums and click 'dev tracker' to see replies about similar cases being fixed.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

bagrada posted:

I just played through Moria last month on a character with half an eye for that. There's a few places that'll pile up due to limited goblin spawns, I expect, but nothing super out of the ordinary, about the same as the newbie zones when the server first came out. I'm fairly certain the entire intro is instanced so you can at least get a legendary day 1 with no issues.

I'm sitting this out mainly because I am pretty done with Moria and groups in general and am just going to dork around Dunland and admire the scenery while all the NPCs keep spitting pseudo-Welsh at me.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'd like to see the early dungeons and raids as long as the legendary servers hold up. Nothing I couldn't do on a main server by making friends, joining a slow-tro guild or exploring a greyed out dungeon, but its fun enough for now. My main Landroval char is a 65 dwarf guardian who just hit Lothlorien so I figured I'd stop and let my legendary server loremaster lap him rather than repeating content.

edit: logged in just fine. So props to SSG I guess for refunding my sub rather than taking my money and tacking 30 days onto my vip time. Not being able to log in the other night must have been a bug, or a window in between when they planned to give out vip time and got around to it maybe.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 14, 2019

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
UPDATE: Our Coupon Code is now available! Thank you for your patience while we got this ready to go. Coupon Code: REWARD2019 1/Account Valid to redeem through the end of April.

FYI reminder: A Coupon Code for a free Appreciation Box containing: 5 100% XP Boosts, 5 Enhanced XP Supply, 5 Tomes of Defence, 2000 Figments of Splendour, 3 Rapid Crafting Boosts, and an assortment of seasonal dyes. (1/Account). Available through April 30th, 2019.

I'm not going to do math here but that's gotta be like 20 dollars in stuff once you also count the 250 lotro points. Tomes of Defence are one of the most desired consumables by raiders, rapid crafting boosts are good for anybody catching up on crafting, and all 15 or 20 of those dyes are the new/limited edition ones from each of the festivals.

As a very cheap idiot I'm going to put the XP supplies in my vault and open them the day Minas Morgul comes out and the level cap is raised to (probably) 130.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
just in time for my new champ to power right the gently caress past rohan!

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope
Spring festival is also here if you want to grind out figments on alts.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Current plan: Keep stomping shrews on expert mode until I get a half dozen anfalas crystals. I'm guessing there's no quicker or easier way to do it than this but I'm open if anyone has a suggestion

There's a nice new quest with some well written lore this Spring but other than that, no new pets and an ugly looking goat. Usually this means the artists are working on an expansion pack and they'll throw some pets into the next festival.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

extra stout posted:

Current plan: Keep stomping shrews on expert mode until I get a half dozen anfalas crystals. I'm guessing there's no quicker or easier way to do it than this but I'm open if anyone has a suggestion

The Inn League + Ale Association deliveries combined will get you another crystal every day if you do them all - takes about 30 min on my hunter, probably 45 if you don't have hunter ports (remember you have 4 5-minute cooldowns to places right next to stablemasters from the Mordor factions). Listen to a podcast or watch a video on another monitor while you do it, it's pretty tedious.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’m in a Tolkien mood and so my lonely eyes have turned to this. Is this game still alive, especially for complete newbies? Does the game rely on community or can most of it be done solo?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

You can do everything important (exploring, regular questing, the epic story that parallels the books) solo, though some classes have it easier. The legendary servers (Anor, Ithil) have a pretty hefty low level community if you want to do dungeons and raids on level, but you need a VIP subscription for those. They started with the original game content in November and just opened up the first expansion Moria a few weeks ago, with Mirkwood coming in maybe 3 months. I still see groups forming for the Barrows and other lower level dungeons. Alternately, playing on the main servers, there are some goons on Landroval leveling chars and doing the newest areas as they come out, and you can keep going past Moria up towards the newer content at your own pace. You can skip the harder dungeon/raid/group quests or come back for them at a higher level, or see if you can find other people to help out. There are a LOT of them but you aren't missing much by skipping them since there is so much else to do. There are also various "slow-tro" guild kinships that put a cap on levels with a stone that stops xp as they do everything at their members' pace, festivals you can go to with in game musicians and bands, and more. As a Tolkien fan the game is definitely worth checking out, though it can be daunting with all there is to do, and some systems that are more complicated than they need to be (travel, legendary weapons).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What are the different types of servers IE Legendary vs Normal?

Also how necessary is it to have a microphone to communicate or can I just use game chat?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Apr 1, 2019

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What are the different types of servers IE Legendary vs Normal?

The Legendary servers Anor and Ithil started with mostly just the original game content available this past November and are releasing the expansion packs every 4 months until they catch up. Xp is slowed down a bit compared to regular servers, and some parts of the cash store (but not all) are turned off such as boosts directly to max level. You can still play the newer races of high elf and beorning. There is no PvP yet and no indication if or when it will be coming. You have to be subscribed (~$15/month) to be able to play on these servers but they are a good option if you don't mind the fee and want to do the lower level group stuff. It can depend on your own pace though, the four month release schedule is too slow for some people and still too fast for others. And other game progression servers tend to bleed off players the longer they go, since new players won't want to start in the middle and many veteran players quit when done with the older more nostalgic areas or when tired of waiting for the next release.

The normal servers have all the content available. Up to a certain point they are free, so it is probably best to start here to see if you like the game. After a while you will need to buy quest packs and expansions to be able to continue doing the quests. You can earn the currency in game to buy them by doing deeds such as finding all the exploration landmarks and killing a large amount of spiders and wolves in each zone, that sort of thing. There are also occasionally sales on the quest packs and expansions. A lot of the players on these servers are at or near the level cap, so you will find the lower level areas fairly empty and not many people doing the dungeons or raids.

Most of the goon presence is on Landroval I believe, which is flagged as an RE Roleplay Encouraged server. There are also RP servers, which encourage it a bit more I guess? Some various language euro servers as well I have no experience with.

Personally I have a 65 dwarf guardian who just hit Lothlorien and I sidelined him to play a loremaster on the legendary server since I like doing the dungeons and raids at least once. I'm almost 60 there now and about to pass him in content in a few days, though he is higher level since he doesn't have the penalty. Other people on here have given up on legendary and gone back to Landroval to play the newer content sooner.

In game chat is fine for most of it. Every guild I've joined on the legendary server expects you to be able to listen in Discord, if not chat there yourself. I'm not sure if that changes if you play on a regular server and do the bleeding edge difficult content. But 99% of the game is just riding your goat around the pasture killing goblins, picking flowers and delivering messages, no mics needed for that.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
In game voice is fine and not really mandatory for anything other than raiding or hard content in general, I did also notice there's more twitch streamers and more sociable people on the legendary servers, funny to imagine needing discord for poorly scaled level 50 content but I think they just like talking to each other

On Landroval (one of the free servers that most the people here play on) basically no one invites you to their discord or asks for it other than guilds and specifically raid guilds, the only time I use voice chat for LoTRO is raid night and some chit chat if I am leveling a new char and meet someone who needs help

And I'll fully admit while we have a ton of goons who come and go on Landroval or LoTRO in general, it's been a half a year since we had normal times grouping together so it's mostly just people coming and going for an hour or two, enjoying festivals and quests and the story, casual content. I think I'm the only T2 raider left with characters in Nazgun, but usually once a year (probably the Minas Morgul expansion pack later this year) we at least catch up more often and run 3 man content together at end game

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Checking in from the legendary servers. My lore-master just zipped past my landroval 65 dwarf guardian (highest char) in content seen. Few more instances to go then I'm all set for Mirkwood. Chat seems to think everyone will bail on the server after that release. I saw quite a few people saying Isengard sucks and I know warhorses and Rohan/Helm's Deep aren't everyone's cup of tea. I don't see the server being abandoned but I might have to step up my game and be a solid player with a crew rather than just touristing in and out with pugs in between solo zen quest sessions. I'll be curious to see how it goes and if LOTRO has a crazy enough base that they can add more new progression servers a year or two down the line.

I joined a raid chain killing Thorog today and it took me about 8 kills to figure out I had to click the corpse fast to get the dwarven quest axe from it before it vanishes. Someone told me months ago it was just a rare drop, but the corpse had been poofing before I thought of clicking on it while I watched for it to show up in my loot box or the treasure chest rolls. The mark quest in grand stair made me think of it, since I missed a few of those at first as well. It's not a mechanic I see the game use too much since it generally autoloots everything for you nicely, or spawns the item as a world clicky. late edit: Found a couple more manually loot the corpse quests, like two for the last boss of 16th hall, so I guess all this mmo-hopping is getting to me.

edit: think I'm gonna use my Aria rather than double up on content between my guardian and Anor. Beorning, Burglar or Captain, hrm. Leaning Beorning.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 8, 2019

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
You've gotta be kidding me... The quest for that axe from Thorog has been in my main's quest log for years. I always thought it was just a random drop/roll item like you did. I've only even run Helegrod a couple of times since they split it up into distinct wings(ran it a few before the split as well). Thorog was a tough customer back in the day. I suspected I'd never get it, but left the quest active due to being a completionist masochist.

I hear that the axe triggers a cutscene, confirm/deny?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah there's a npc meet up in the middle of Rivendell for it with some good Bilbo lines.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Helms Deep is absolutely 100% the worst content in LOTRO

- mounted combat which you randomly have to go through or don't, just guess which is which!
- weird single-player storyline instances which have a harder difficulty curve than current Mordor thanks to AI creatures ignoring the 12 other friendly NPCs with you and converging on you instantly, every single time (it doesn't help that quite a few have attack procs that haven't been looked at in years and are probably literally broken - one type of mob, "Uruk-hai Warrior", has a fire proc that will slice about 1000 HP a tick (my health at the time was around 2800 HP); the only way to survive fighting them is to burn a self-cure as soon as it hits. hope you have one of those! those are trash mobs btw)
- when you fail those instances you invariably are thrown back to a respawn point halfway across Rohan, have to spend the next 20 minutes dodging pointless overland mounted combat mobs, and go through the unskippable 15-20 minutes of NPCs jabbering at each other before you suddenly face the same monsters who immediately piledrive into you and kill you while Eowyn and her host of riders look on uncomprehendingly
- xp advancement is uneven, on regular servers you need to burn XP potions to keep up with just doing content because they assume everyone is grinding dailies that are now completely pointless, good luck on Legendary servers with the XP debuff
- hey maybe you're thinking you should just outlevel those craptastic instances and skip them like you can everywhere else in the game? lol no, everything is gated in one long sequence and just to add insult to injury class trait points are awarded at the end so you pretty much have to (or pay $100 to skip it and then just go play The Fun Content, aka Gondor, while wildly overlevelled)
- the story itself is rote and depressing. "Rohan - the parts that didn't get to ride off with Theoden. Enjoy!" Everyone either moans about how helpless and weak they are, or wish they could go off with the main characters, are being actively betrayed by incredibly obvious spies of Saruman, or some witty combination thereof. The only good part is half the time the quest hub ends with orcs coming and burning it all down, by which time you think Saruman has some good ideas
- i haven't even mentioned big battles yet

Riders of Rohan/Helms Deep is ABSOLUTELY when the Legendary servers will depopulate

(source: just guess what i've been banging my head into repeatedly)

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 8, 2019

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

I enjoyed Rohan initially, but Helm's Deep was pretty bad yeah, I bounced off it a few times until I finally pushed through when Mordor came out. I even unlocked all of Hytbold initially, of course that burned me out on the game for good while as well.

What sucks is even if you use an Aria you need to run through the Book quests and Epic Battles anyway to get trait points, be nice if they removed them from quests and just gave them at certain levels or just added them all to the Aria at some point.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Lum_ posted:

- weird single-player storyline instances which have a harder difficulty curve than current Mordor thanks to AI creatures ignoring the 12 other friendly NPCs with you and converging on you instantly, every single time (it doesn't help that quite a few have attack procs that haven't been looked at in years and are probably literally broken - one type of mob, "Uruk-hai Warrior", has a fire proc that will slice about 1000 HP a tick (my health at the time was around 2800 HP); the only way to survive fighting them is to burn a self-cure as soon as it hits. hope you have one of those! those are trash mobs btw)
- when you fail those instances you invariably are thrown back to a respawn point halfway across Rohan, have to spend the next 20 minutes dodging pointless overland mounted combat mobs, and go through the unskippable 15-20 minutes of NPCs jabbering at each other before you suddenly face the same monsters who immediately piledrive into you and kill you while Eowyn and her host of riders look on uncomprehendingly
- xp advancement is uneven, on regular servers you need to burn XP potions to keep up with just doing content because they assume everyone is grinding dailies that are now completely pointless, good luck on Legendary servers with the XP debuff

oof yeah, i thought i was loving something up with my build while playing through helm's deep and dying in those usually piss-easy story instances. i really like rohan from lotr and was stoked to be working for eowyn and gandalf directly but the wind quickly went out of my sails.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Fried Sushi posted:

What sucks is even if you use an Aria you need to run through the Book quests and Epic Battles anyway to get trait points, be nice if they removed them from quests and just gave them at certain levels or just added them all to the Aria at some point.

they're all in the Aria now, I think since Mordor came out, and if you used an Aria before then you can talk to the NPC and get the trait points, I seem to remember

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
class trainer, actually

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?660555-Update-21-3-1-Release-Notes

it's not complete though, there are some quest lines (including some of the most horrible ones in Helms Deep)

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Aria_of_the_Valar_(Details)#Recommended_activities_after_activation

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Lum_ posted:

Riders of Rohan/Helms Deep is ABSOLUTELY when the Legendary servers will depopulate

Yeah, I'm the weirdo who mostly enjoyed Isengard and Dunland, but all of Rohan, especially Helm's Deep, is just interminable. Having all the quests railroaded is the worst. At least if you got bored in Dunland you could just go to a different area or skip things entirely, but nope you gotta do all the lovely boring quests in Rohan Town 1 before you're able to do any of the lovely boring quests in Rohan Town 2. And I do remember having a lot of trouble with some of the instances, especially since I was a runekeeper so I would just die instantly as soon as I got mobbed. I just went back to them when I was overleveled.

Rohan is still too fresh in my mind anyway. It feels like I was just suffering through it yesterday, even though it's been like five years at this point.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
I actually mostly liked the Rohan/Wildermore stories (and going back years later to knock out Hytbold and become a Thane in time for the Ride of the Rohirrim was great), but yeah the gameplay does kinda suck. It probably took me two years to get through Rohan because I kept quitting in disgust once I got to a broken/unbalanced quest or instance...and then your reward for pushing all the way to Helm's Deep is the unholy hell that's Epic Battles. Happily Gondor is better on every axis and the post-Mordor stuff has also been great.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

extra stout posted:

Haven't posted this in forever but it owns and still gets updates, here's the JRR super skin pack with maybe 50 UI skins

https://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info581-JRRSkinscollection-Atributetomiddleearth.html

Bumping this for later when I'm off work, I need to work on my UI badly and the built in options aren't much help. I joined a Watcher pug the other night that didn't have the damage to bring him down in three attempts. People kept calling out for corruptions to be cured, but I didn't see any clicking around the raid members, so I wasted a lot of time that way. I only have a single target cure on a longish recast timer as well. I also need to figure out what buffs and debuffs are worth using as a yellow LM. Until now everything has been easy enough that just hitting the tank with SOP:R stun immunity and throwing in damage where I could was enough. People still say everything is too easy but many of the players who felt like that are either doing the fights with less people for a challenge, or got bored and left until Mirkwood hits, so pugs can still be rough.

I switched to red for the third attempt as we were short on damage, so I didn't have the fire-lore phys damage debuff up. We also lost a captain who was replaced with a generic dps. We wiped pretty fast and called it a night. I want to make sure next time I'm doing everything I can, and to get my stuff together before I try Dar Narbugud. Most of the guides are either from nearly a decade ago, or are for current content with max level chars. The DN raid guide for instance says to bring a raven pet for the group tactical mitigations, but that would require me being in blue (pet spec). Or seeing if I have the points for some kind of hybrid spec.

Funnily enough the first time I found the LOTRO threads on this forum was when Watcher was current or recent content and goons were organizing raids to get him. I should check back in archives for those posts.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Burglar revamp up on Bullroarer. No sign of 64-bit client yet.

quote:

Burglar:
The basic goal is to increase the Burglar's general DPS, fix some general structural issues with their skills, improve their group survivability, and streamline their play a bit.
Damage on MOST skills has been increased and shuffled about in an attempt to put more skills in the usable range of DPS.
Heals have likewise been re-balanced.
All melee skills have had their range increased to a minimum of 3.5
Most of the burglar's skills had the 'Fast' trait removed - but this only really had an effect when the prior skill had an execution time longer than it's animation time, and I fixed most of those to be the same, so in practice it shouldn't actually make much difference.
Subtle Stab is still 'Fast' so you can pretty easily test to see which skills are/aren't shortened by throwing a fast skill in there and can provide feedback on the change.
Double Edged Strike is now an immediate skill, so you can instantly roll into your crit chain the moment you land one.
Find Footing is now Instant.
Provoke now has a 15m range and an 6s cooldown.
Provoke provides a 20% crit chance bonus on your next attack - a lesser 'aim' effect.
Provoke provides a stacking (x3) self buff that halves the damage of the next attack against you. This is intended as a group play defense to help burglars build up a buffer against those large boss attacks. It's useful in solo, but nearly as much so as it is impossible to build a stack when you are the main target of attacks.
Provoke no longer penalizes your party's crit chance against the target by 2% (which is what it's actually been doing for a very long time...)
Mischevious Glee now heals for 10%, +2% per pulse
Self Adulation trait now adds 20% to Clever Retort healing, and +5 pulses to Mischevious Glee.
Both Double Edged Strike and Flashing Blades are now AoE skills (3 targets), to give burglars better DPS in group pulls, esp red line.
Coup De Gras no longer has a critical magnitude bonus, but does better base damage. Its cooldown has been reduced [60->30s]
Feint now allows you to trigger more stealth effects and bonuses of other skills, though it still does not provide true stealth's melee damage bonus.
Knives Out was changed substantially. In addition to its usual effects, it now has a small radius Force Taunt that lasts for the duration of the effect, followed by an agro dump that substantially reduces the burglar's agro in a similar radius.
Cunning strike bleeds were cleaned up. They are now short duration non-stacking bleeds that apply at 4 different magnitudes, depending on how hard you crit, +1 from stealth.
You can now have one gamble of each type on a target simultaneously (Red = DoT, Green = reactive heal, Blue = offensive debuff).
The skills Gambler's Strike, Hedge Your Bet, and Blind Bet now apply each of these gambles respectively.
A blue line burglar stealth surprise attack can apply a completely random gamble.
Gambles can no longer be tiered up or down - they simply roll a new 1-6 value when re-applied.
Gambles now last a base 30 seconds (blue is currently 20 seconds).
Cash Out eats all gambles on the target, granting a high magnitude damage effect, a self-HoT, and a Stun respectively.
In the future the goal is for the Magnitude of each these Cash Out effects to be based on the total value of the Gamble Dice on the target when it cashes out - this is currently waiting on a bit of tech, so the current cash-out effects can be considered placeholders.
Cash Out's cooldown is now base 40 seconds.
Note that gambles are NOT per burlgar, they are per target, so competing burglars will overrite or consume each other's gambles.
Gamble Icons revamped.
Knives Out now mitigates all forms of incoming damage.
Subtle Stab cooldown reduced to [3->2.5s]
Gamble Chance mods changed to Gamble Damage mods.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?672282-Bullroarer-Update-23-5-Preview-1-Release-Notes

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Watcher down. The UI skins are nice but what I was looking for were the Effect Display Options under Social Options. Easy enough to keep track of buffs and debuffs with that.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 11, 2019

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

quote:

Beorning:
Relentless maul now does ~double damage when it is traited for brutal energy, which halves its duration.
Beorning blue line version of Relentless Maul is now called Menacing Maul, and it's duration is no longer halved.
Vigilant Roar Reflect Damage legacy now correctly modifies incoming healing and is named properly. It is not providing the correct increase yet, but is no longer removing the incoming healing benefit.
Some Beorning animation changes were not properly applied to male Beornings, these have been updated.

The fact that bears are still getting attention is amazing.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Yule encore is back for a week and once it's over anniversary event begins.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Happy 12th Anniversary folks, the in game event is now live.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?&postid=7929747#post7929747

https://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream

Live til midnight EST, all European servers are wrapping up so he'll be visiting the American servers, doing their giveaways, and giving some kind of prize to the best houses and kinhalls

extra stout fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 25, 2019

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
So I just logged in to claim my Anniversary schwag. I received a gift box, fireworks, but no 9 Year portrait frame(which I'm definitely eligible for). Is the frame only given to subscribers now, or did they just stop making them? Also, it looks like there's no Year 12 anniversary quests under the Party Tree that send you all over. Am I missing something?

[edit] Just figured it out! You have to actually open the box to get the frame. :classiclol:

Brave New World fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
First version of U24 is up on Bullroarer and yes, with the new 64bit client.

quote:

Update 24 brings you to the Vales of Anduin, where the Great River courses down through Wilderland to the shores of Lothlórien. Help the Woodmen defend their lands from the goblins and wargs of the Misty Mountains. Delve into the region’s fabled past, when it was home to Dwarves, Elves, and the ancestors of the hobbits and Rohirrim. Seek the aid of the Beornings and Great Eagles – as well as a certain Brown Wizard of some repute. But beware: foul things still roam the woods and marshes, some drawn by the legacy of the One Ring, which lay long hidden near the Anduin’s banks. Update 24 is Free to VIP players and Lifetime Subscribers, and available in the LOTRO Store.

Today's Bullroarer preview includes our first public look at the 64-Bit game client we are working on. You can choose which client you wish to run in the launcher settings.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?672612-Bullroarer-Update-24-Preview-1-Release-Notes

quote:

- I managed to get the client up to 3.9 GB of RAM usage porting back and forth between Minas Tirith, Dale, Udun, Bree, and other places. No crashes!! Yay!