Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Make liberal use of smoke bombs, especially once upgraded. Dropping one in the middle of a fight can end it real quick since everyone falls down and freaks out.

In other news I got the Anubis outfit from the god trials and the burning horse from a Heka chest so I am ready for curse of the pharaohs. Outfit is a liiiiittle over the top for the base game though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Make liberal use of smoke bombs, especially once upgraded. Dropping one in the middle of a fight can end it real quick since everyone falls down and freaks out.

In other news I got the Anubis outfit from the god trials and the burning horse from a Heka chest so I am ready for curse of the pharaohs. Outfit is a liiiiittle over the top for the base game though.

I killed all three gods yesterday - is there something I'm missing to be able to get the outift?

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I believe you get it once you go back and kill another god during a new Trial period. Id done all but Sobek before this round of trials, so I did him and then Sekhmet again and thats when I got the outfit.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sixto Lezcano posted:

I believe you get it once you go back and kill another god during a new Trial period. I’d done all but Sobek before this round of trials, so I did him and then Sekhmet again and that’s when I got the outfit.

I have to fight gods more than once? Yeah I'm not really sure the outfit is worth it. Killing them the first time wasn't all that worth it anyway, except maybe for the shield from defeating Sobek.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lobok posted:

I have to fight gods more than once? Yeah I'm not really sure the outfit is worth it. Killing them the first time wasn't all that worth it anyway, except maybe for the shield from defeating Sobek.
You only have to fight one god a second time, not all of them. However, the second time you do it - it must be when a new event rolls around, you can't just do the quest a second time right then and there as nothing will drop.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Yeah the fact you have to space em out makes it less odious since you wont do your final kill right on the tale of your first. I used a light bow with heal on hit and the fight went super fast and easy.

Also hot tip: you can assassinate the very first add that spawns during add phases, and if youre fast you can chain it into a kill on another enemy. If youre also using a weapon with a one shot Overpower like a reg sword, you can then overpower kill another mob and throw his weapon at a fourth enemy. Thats 4 adds you can kill nigh instantly each wave. Speeds things up a ton.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

This looks loving sick.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

quote:

The Pharaoh's Curse, as the locals call it, likely has something to do with all the grave robbers treating the Valley of the Kings like a strip mine for antiquities,

Yes....Bayek must put a stop to this dastardly behavior

I put the game down until they finish putting out expansion content, then I'm gonna jump back in and play it all at once (I still have a bunch of exploration/sidequest poo poo I haven't done yet, too), but boy this all looks cool and is making me miss the game.

I'm also appreciating that they're leaning in hard on the mythological stuff and the game is basically just the witcher now

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 25, 2018

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Palpek posted:

You only have to fight one god a second time, not all of them. However, the second time you do it - it must be when a new event rolls around, you can't just do the quest a second time right then and there as nothing will drop.

That's what I figured, but it's tedious and grindy to do the exact same boss fight twice.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

My only bummer with Curse is that the new abilities are real plain. I was hoping for some slightly more fanciful stuff to go up against giant scorpions and mummy wizards and poo poo.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Lobok posted:

They're pretty easy, just use weapons with health on hit. I guess that advise could apply to anything.. but if you have the Warrior and Composite bows with health-on-hit perks, they're farm meat. Throw on a health on hit/kill melee for their goons and it's unfair.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I put the game down until they finish putting out expansion content, then I'm gonna jump back in and play it all at once (I still have a bunch of exploration/sidequest poo poo I haven't done yet, too), but boy this all looks cool and is making me miss the game.

I've also put things on hold until the next expansion/level cap bump. I'm at 45 but I've burned through so much XP after hitting that, I should be closer to 50.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Supreme Allah posted:

They're pretty easy, just use weapons with health on hit. I guess that advise could apply to anything.. but if you have the Warrior and Composite bows with health-on-hit perks, they're farm meat. Throw on a health on hit/kill melee for their goons and it's unfair.

It's not about the difficulty. In a game (series?) where you never have to repeat boss fights like this it comes across poorly to me. Oh well. Not really that big of a deal. If I don't get the outfit I don't get the outfit. It's purely cosmetic.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Dang, this is the prettiest game I've ever played. On a nice IPS monitor those colours just pop its like magic.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I know you all were waiting to hear about my progress with the "BOOM!" trophy so you'll be delighted to learn I did earn it finally and without having to grind it or go to lower-level camps. Now to go back to my favourite method of killing, setting up chains of diseased corpses.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Lobok posted:

Now to go back to my favourite method of killing, setting up chains of diseased corpses.

Welcome back, Assassin's Creed.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-319817-16/this-month-in-assassins-creed%C2%AE-origins-march
Curse of the Pharaohs in a couple of weeks, introduction quest in 4 days, new Trial of the Gods difficulty and rewards, and we got some new outfit and weapon packs.

Undead Pack :swoon: I wonder how much worse it looks ingame. :sigh:

Far Cry Primal Pack

Ubisoft Club Reward Far Cry Primal Outfit

I can dig it.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Oh man, that undead pack is dooooope.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Deakul posted:

https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news/152-319817-16/this-month-in-assassins-creed%C2%AE-origins-march
Curse of the Pharaohs in a couple of weeks, introduction quest in 4 days, new Trial of the Gods difficulty and rewards, and we got some new outfit and weapon packs.

Undead Pack :swoon: I wonder how much worse it looks ingame. :sigh:

Far Cry Primal Pack

Ubisoft Club Reward Far Cry Primal Outfit

I can dig it.

Ha...I like Bayek as a Wenja!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Ainsley McTree posted:

and the game is basically just the witcher now

Patch coming for Bayek to comment on the weather at random

*stab a dude*

Wind's howling!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

He's already commenting on incoming sandstorms so...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There's always one sandstorm he can never see coming...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6120QOlsfU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The historical tour thing is bad and boring and no substitute for the codex. The only good thing about it is people taking screenshots of Caesar or Khemu in cool positions.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Palpek posted:

He's already commenting on incoming sandstorms so...

Bayek, wiping sand out of his eyes:

Looks like rain...

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kuiperdolin posted:

The historical tour thing is bad and boring and no substitute for the codex. The only good thing about it is people taking screenshots of Caesar or Khemu in cool positions.

Incorrect.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kuiperdolin posted:

Uhhhh. That's like saying you prefer to read wikipedia articles over getting the headphone tour at a museum.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Of course I prefer that. Wikipedia is generally instructive, you can read it on the can or on the tube, you don't need to organize your whole day around it, and it's not nearly as self-important.

More to the point I like my history tangents integrated into the experience.

Old AC: you see something interesting, a prompt appears on the screen, you may ignore it or push a button to have it explained to you. No load time. Then you go back to whatever you're doing.

New AC: you see something interesting, no prompt appears on the screen, you may ignore it or gamble that it's explained in the other videogame and :
. Go to the menu
. Leave for the main menu (load screen)
. Go to museum mode (load screen)
. Search for the relevant course
. Go there (load screen)
. I wonder what's on TV?
. Sit through someone sloooowly reading a much shorter explanation, mispronouncing some of the proper names.
. Sit through two other load screens if some some strange reason you would like to play your game you bought, then you spawn some distance away from where you were.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kuiperdolin posted:

Of course I prefer that. Wikipedia is generally instructive, you can read it on the can or on the tube, you don't need to organize your whole day around it, and it's not nearly as self-important.

Old AC: you see something interesting, a prompt appears on the screen, you may ignore it or push a button to have it explained to you. No load time. Then you go back to whatever you're doing.

New AC: you see something interesting, no prompt appears on the screen, you may ignore it or gamble that it's explained in the other videogame and :
. Go to the menu
. Go there (load screen)
. I wonder what's on TV?
. Sit through someone sloooowly reading a much shorter explanation, mispronouncing some of the proper names.
. Sit through two other load screens if some some strange reason you would like to play your game you bought, then you spawn some distance away from where you were.

I'm not super passionate about this, but ultimately I agree with you

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Kuiperdolin posted:

. Go to the menu
. Go there (load screen)
. I wonder what's on TV?

Yeah. Why would I go to a museum when I can have the same experience reading wikipedia on my phone on the can.

But seriously they have gone to the effort of trying to create an interactive museum experience separate to a stab fest video game which makes it a lot more accessible to more people. The execution may not be perfect but it's a good idea. Exploring a detailed recreation of a historical period is a pretty fun and interesting way to learn about it. The tours are quick and easy to digest without reading screeds of dry text on the subject. I'd like to see more of this sort of thing built upon and expanded into a full educational thing

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Ha...I like Bayek as a Wenja!

Didn't Far Cry Primal end with it basically going yeah the Wenja are the people that became the Assassin Order?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Rookersh posted:

Didn't Far Cry Primal end with it basically going yeah the Wenja are the people that became the Assassin Order?

No? But that is my headcanon now anyways. :cheers:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Can I get the fuckin shoot oil jars achievement while playing the DLC? I only need that, sell 100 trinkets, and completing all locations for 100% on the base game.

I assume there are trinkets in the DLC too.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I took a break from the game in December because of life things, so I finished the story today. Poor Bayek and Aya, they deserved better but they found a purpose out of the madness. :smith:

The last act felt super rushed though, was I supposed to care at all about Flavius? He was just some guy with Caesar but suddenly hes the mastermind behind the Order?

The emotional beats stuck the landing for me so I didnt really mind the above too much

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yea Flavius just appeared out of nowhere pretty much, it was super weird :shrug:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Yea Flavius just appeared out of nowhere pretty much, it was super weird :shrug:

He was supposed to be the guy in the shadows, directing everything from behind the scenes, etc etc. It wasnt done well.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Also I think he and Septimius were killed out of order, at least as far as the Targets pyramid hierarchy went.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Lobok posted:

Also I think he and Septimius were killed out of order, at least as far as the Targets pyramid hierarchy went.

I wish the game had been more clear about how the bad guys were connected. To me, it never felt like I was dismantling an organization ala Black Flag/Brotherhood, or even just going on a revenge fantasy like Max Payne. It felt to me like Bayek was a version of the guy from Memento: every time he rolled into a new town, the locals would fed him some line about "oh yeah...the evil local lord...he's...uhhh...really called...uhhh...THE SCORPION...and he...uhhh...totally killed your kid? You should definitely take him out though..."

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I wish the game had been more clear about how the bad guys were connected. To me, it never felt like I was dismantling an organization ala Black Flag/Brotherhood, or even just going on a revenge fantasy like Max Payne. It felt to me like Bayek was a version of the guy from Memento: every time he rolled into a new town, the locals would fed him some line about "oh yeah...the evil local lord...he's...uhhh...really called...uhhh...THE SCORPION...and he...uhhh...totally killed your kid? You should definitely take him out though..."

And technically Bayak was the one who killed his son.
So there's that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rookersh posted:

no but its heavily implied/outright shown that far cry games and watchdogs and assassins creed all exist in the same universe though they don't connect much outside little stuff like aiden shooting the Templar dude and a abstergo bunker on rooks island in far cry 3.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Dapper_Swindler posted:

no but its heavily implied/outright shown that far cry games and watchdogs and assassins creed all exist in the same universe though they don't connect much outside little stuff like aiden shooting the Templar dude and a abstergo bunker on rooks island in far cry 3.

There was some stuff about CtOS in the last Desmond game, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Patch notes for tomorrow.

quote:

Hey everyone,

Patch 1.4.0 will be deployed on all platforms tomorrow, March 6.
Patch Size

Xbox One: 3.6 GB PS4: 2.9 GB Steam: 0,7 GB Uplay PC: 3.2 GB
New Features

Added support for the The Curse of the Pharaohs expansion
Added a reward to the main game for completing the Discovery Tour finish all 75 guided tours to find out what that reward is. ;)

New Game+

Fixed an issue blocking the quest Homecoming from progressing when Hypatos is knocked down by a blunt weapon

Discovery Tour

Fixed an issue where the Discovery Tour progress could be lost after reinstalling the base game without patching to the latest version
Fixed an issue that could limit the speed of a mount in all areas

The Hidden Ones

Removed the possibility of selling the Mysterious Papyrus at the Bureau

Main Game
Quest

Fixed an issue preventing the Kill Sefetus archers objective from completing in the quest All Eyes on Us
Fixed an issue preventing the player from giving the amulet to complete the quest A Dream of Ashes
Fixed an issue with mounts appearing in the fight ring during the quest Lady of Slaughter

Gameplay

Improved enemies reactions to observing a Chain Assassination
Added the possibility of parrying with the shield while carrying a torch
Changed the description of the Hou Yis Bow to indicate that it has Poison on Hit ability instead of Instant Charging
Fixed the displayed Player Level on a save game which could drop back to 40 after uninstalling an add-on
Fixed an issue preventing Camp Shetjeh from completing
Fixed an issue preventing the Gracious Attire from appearing in Weaver Shops
Fixed an issue with Phylakes that would stop spawning
Fixed an issue preventing the playable character from leaving the Krocodilopolis arena after performing a Fast Travel
Fixed an issue preventing the playable character from controlling mounts of assassinated NPCs

World

Fixed an issue that could prevent the output of any sound when resuming the game after being inactive.
[PC] Fixed low-quality textures for low and very low texture details
[PC] Fixed flickering artifacts on multi-monitor setup
[PC] Fixed resolution option when using portrait mode

System

Improved overall stability of the game application
[PC] Fixed an issue preventing the completion of the Seshem.eff Er Aat tomb after quitting the game with Alt-F4 after having activated the Ancient Mechanisms

Nothing too exciting besides the Discovery Mode reward.