Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
lol auth my sweaty balls. application sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

https://zkillboard.com/related/30005196/202208162100/

How does this happen? Is there some vulnerability window I don't know about when jumping to tether?

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

He got a work call and drifted off tether.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

the real drifters we're us all along

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Feliday Melody posted:

How does this happen? Is there some vulnerability window I don't know about when jumping to tether?

Ahh, good thing I wasn't shipping with NOFU today.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Feliday Melody posted:

Is that an actual honest to god Nyncing in tyool 2022?? Good lord

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

Is that an actual honest to god Nyncing in tyool 2022?? Good lord

No

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

so uh what happened to all of TESTs sov

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Feliday Melody posted:

Does anyone have an update on the war? After last month, I moved back to delve and have been doing Corp logistics, so I'm a bit out of the loop.

It's been really fun when I can log on and have time. There's been a lot of fights.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

GSV gently caress Your God posted:

It's been really fun when I can log on and have time. There's been a lot of fights.

I'm reading the pings and people seem to want a lot of hackers.

I just can't deal with entosis fleets. Structure bashes I can do. But not entosis fleets.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Feliday Melody posted:

I just can't deal with entosis fleets. Structure bashes I can do. But not entosis fleets.

I see this in pings a lot, and am away most of the day from my pc…any good sources on what exactly “entosis” stuff is? I remember searching the wiki and actually seeing an entosis-fit Rifter which kinda goes in with my “what to do with four naked Rifter hulls” question the other day.

I get that hacking has something to do with it, but thought “hacking” was data/relic sites. Does the goonwiki have a good overview of this (I will look it up on my own, but there is a lot of specific knowledge itt and I’d be dumb not to ask for opinions, imo)?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

DerekSmartymans posted:

I see this in pings a lot, and am away most of the day from my pc…any good sources on what exactly “entosis” stuff is? I remember searching the wiki and actually seeing an entosis-fit Rifter which kinda goes in with my “what to do with four naked Rifter hulls” question the other day.

I get that hacking has something to do with it, but thought “hacking” was data/relic sites. Does the goonwiki have a good overview of this (I will look it up on my own, but there is a lot of specific knowledge itt and I’d be dumb not to ask for opinions, imo)?

In order to conquer space. You gate around several systems and then use an "Entosis link" module on "nodes" that spawn in space for the event. Once you've poked enough nodes, you won and the enemy has lost that space. The enemy will of course try to stop you.

This leads to a cat and mouse game that could last for hours as our combat fleets try to protect our own spread out entosis ships while our enemies harass and try to destroy them.

It's overwhelmingly unsatisfactory, and I gave up on it all together somewhere in the middle of the GEF deployment.

Not that I don't want to contribute. But Entosis fleets makes me want to log out and then not log back in for several days. So I avoid them and cherry pick the other fleets.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

corgski posted:

It takes us a minute tops to look at a user registered in our dashboard to see that their characters have valid tokens and that they don't have any unregistered alts, or at least know enough about the wealth of data that ESI exposes to thoroughly cover their tracks on their registered alts.

Nobody needs to send us screenshots of our own goddamn dashboard to prove that they did the thing. That's dumb and bad. Why would you need that?

E: fun behind the scenes picture of our broken-rear end auth system at work. I really need to fix its reliance on depreciated asyncio functionality.

oh no the evil goomswarn is requiring me to send a screenshot of my login screen, how awful and terrible

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

shut up jfc

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

love it when you make poo poo up wholesale

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism

Feliday Melody posted:

I'm not going to defend fozziesov and I agree that fleets focused on contests around citadels are more enjoyable. That said, the fleets themselves do get fights and those fights can be fun.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
entosising was only fun when we chasing PAPI out of Delve last year, and nuking iHubs and TCUs while they were trying to evac and fights were popping off everywhere. But when I was on the GEF deployment, I did about seven hours of toasting in Feythabolis and it was loving soul-crushing: get given target system, run around the constellation waiting for nodes to spawn, find a node then run the warm-up on the toaster, then sit there for up to 60 minutes to hack the node

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

quote:

globby
Nobody said anything about ~~problematic~~ or w/e, interesting that you read that into it, I just think it's silly and funny that the gsf auth process involves emailing a screenshot when it doesn't seem like that should be necessary.

quote:

fozziesov
The intent of fozziesov was to break up massive all-hands-on-dick structure shooting ops into small gang roams, and when it 'works' and creates the ideal small-gang fights it was intended to create, it's decent, but I feel like more often than not it just turns into getting blueballed for fuckin hours chasing nodes and watching meters tick up completely uncontested.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
entosis fleets are amazingly boring and i found myself trying to start fights on my own or cloaking a dictor near a hacker to force a fight

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

entosis fleets are rad. don't like, bring your own toaster or stay with the fleet. hop in a slippery pete, or a falcon. slippery petes can blast enemy entosis ships if they're using frigates to do it. each side will often chase the other's main fleet around leaving their entosisers undefended, so you can hop in nano as well.

there's also the 100km+ burst jam scorpion you can use to break entosis, causing them to have to spool back up again

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
At least as of a year ago, GSF was also really bad at node fights, which definitely led to them being unfun, at least for me. They're specifically designed to encourage a style of gameplay (small gang, high initiative skirmishing) that has been historically underemphasized as part of general GSF line member training.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

name a corp that has more eloquently killed 2b and lost 12b this week

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

raminasi posted:

At least as of a year ago, GSF was also really bad at node fights, which definitely led to them being unfun, at least for me. They're specifically designed to encourage a style of gameplay (small gang, high initiative skirmishing) that has been historically underemphasized as part of general GSF line member training.

We used to have SIGs that specialized in small gang warfare. But those were deemed to be unneeded and troublesome. And then they were disbanded or absorbed by another group. Topgoon and Space Violence all went away.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I've been out of the loop for years.

What's happening these days? Last I heard Mitanni stepped down.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Feliday Melody posted:

In order to conquer space. You gate around several systems and then use an "Entosis link" module on "nodes" that spawn in space for the event. Once you've poked enough nodes, you won and the enemy has lost that space. The enemy will of course try to stop you.

This leads to a cat and mouse game that could last for hours as our combat fleets try to protect our own spread out entosis ships while our enemies harass and try to destroy them.

It's overwhelmingly unsatisfactory, and I gave up on it all together somewhere in the middle of the GEF deployment.

Drat. I was hoping it was actually “hacking” as Eve does it…like basically a cluster of special spawns but with data or relic site mechanisms and maybe even loot dropping randomly. Seems like a death sentence in a frigate if there’s no “skill” (passive OR active!) to speed it up. Sitting in space while a number ticks up/down and hoping no bigger ships pop up sounds boring as hell.

Otoh, I do have four naked Rifters…🫤

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

corgski posted:

It takes us a minute tops to look at a user registered in our dashboard to see that their characters have valid tokens and that they don't have any unregistered alts, or at least know enough about the wealth of data that ESI exposes to thoroughly cover their tracks on their registered alts.

Nobody needs to send us screenshots of our own goddamn dashboard to prove that they did the thing. That's dumb and bad. Why would you need that?

E: fun behind the scenes picture of our broken-rear end auth system at work. I really need to fix its reliance on depreciated asyncio functionality.

Our access is restricted to those in our forums group. People applying to join are not in that group.

hailthefish posted:

I'm not the one who wrote the auth instructions, don't ask me why.

I wrote the instructions! They are designed to work based on the tools we have. It does impose a burden on people to press print screen, and then paste the image and send it to us. If there's someone out there who is genuinely tripped up by this, go ahead and send a message to newbies@goonfleet.com explaining your situation. Could be a faulty assumption on my part.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 18, 2022

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

corgski posted:

love it when you make poo poo up wholesale

doesn't happen, thx

hailthefish posted:

Nobody said anything about ~~problematic~~ or w/e, interesting that you read that into it, I just think it's silly and funny that the gsf auth process involves emailing a screenshot when it doesn't seem like that should be necessary.

says the person crying about it for 3 pages

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

If you say so

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

eve online

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Maneck posted:

Our access is restricted to those in your group. People applying to join are not in that group.

:confused:

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Does anyone ever loot ESS Reserve Banks?

I don't know what to make of it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Most alliances rob their own ESS banks, while when I was still in goons I saw about 1.5b looted from the main bank in the home system in Delve in a legit robbery, I just carried on ratting

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

There are 70something member corps in GSF. They all use the same ESI tool. Admins like Maneck can review ESI compliance for everyone in the goonwaffe group, but can’t, for example, see Karmafleet.

Hence the screenshots. The ESI tool was designed primarily for counter intel and recruiting is secondary. Hence the screenshots.

There are other tools out there like SEAT that could be used specifically for recruiting but it’s never been that big of a deal for waffe.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

andromache posted:

There are 70something member corps in GSF. They all use the same ESI tool. Admins like Maneck can review ESI compliance for everyone in the goonwaffe group, but can’t, for example, see Karmafleet.

Hence the screenshots. The ESI tool was designed primarily for counter intel and recruiting is secondary. Hence the screenshots.

There are other tools out there like SEAT that could be used specifically for recruiting but it’s never been that big of a deal for waffe.

So what you're saying is that Karmafleet have been the spies all along?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

So what you're saying is that Karmafleet have been the spies all along?

All goons are spies. Every goon that applies to goonfleet is just a goonfucker in training.

Waiting excitedly for the first goosefucker.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

undocked after 6 years and got podded in the first 10 minutes trying to escape null before i remembered i could just jump clone to high sec im fuckin babck baby

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Maneck posted:

Our access is restricted to those in our forums group. People applying to join are not in that group.

That doesn't make sense? If you're processing auth you should have the scopes needed in whatever your custom dashboard is to see other people's token status. If you don't then lmao, I'm sorry. I could ask Solo how that's broken for you since he's flying with us now.

(I will not ask solo, dude deserves his retirement.)

E:

andromache posted:

Admins like Maneck can review ESI compliance for everyone in the goonwaffe group, but can’t, for example, see Karmafleet.

Oh wow, someone who auths and then their token stops updating once they're told they're clear is a pretty clear pointer to "novice spy" - I caught someone who did that already. "Is the token up to date" isn't exactly privileged information that needs to be protected, and combined with other information scraped from ESI it can be the difference between "idiot" and "probable spy" when making the decision to even recruit someone in the first place.

corgski fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 18, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Ice Fist posted:

All goons are spies. Every goon that applies to goonfleet is just a goonfucker in training.

Someone dumped 15b of cap parts in a public hangar the other day. Good thing I caught that before someone else, lol.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

^

A wonderful followup to the 2B of wormhole loot that was put on corp contracts for 0 isk.

Ice Fist posted:

It will happen, and when it does you'll know.

corgski fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004