Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rovert posted:

That isn't what happened but run this idea into the ground for the second time in a week.

You were bragging about tipping off reporters about it despite knowing that she wanted to keep it private, how would you describe it then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

That isn't what happened but run this idea into the ground for the second time in a week.

rovert posted:

Whats this talk about me?

I will admit to passing on the info about her private wedding to various news sites.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This has:

rovert posted:

Whats this talk about me?

I will admit to passing on the info about her private wedding to various news sites.

Has turned into this:

Defiance Industries posted:

You were bragging about tipping off reporters about it despite knowing that she wanted to keep it private, how would you describe it then?

Never change lads.

P.S. Meltzer got worked by the WWE/Omega thing at best, played along at worst.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in fairness the wwe worked themselves too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Omega only said a million times he wanted to stay in Japan, him not saying it a million and one times meant he was totally gone

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

rovert posted:

This has:

Has turned into this:

Never change lads.

P.S. Meltzer got worked by the WWE/Omega thing at best, played along at worst.

So if it wasn't to brag about how you have THE SCOOPS what was the point of saying you tipped people off (which is itself a lovely thing to do)?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm sure Dave will have some more super RoH friendly reports like last week's "they're like WCW before they went out of business". Maybe he'll follow it up with "Wow, RoH is literally in a flaming dumpster right now" and you can be upset that he didn't include a hand drawn image of Delirious burning alive

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Rovert doesn't believe in Kayfabe.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Previously explained it a few days ago. You framing it as "bragging" doesn't inspire me to re-explain as it seems like a pointless exercise.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Uh, yeah, Delirious is a stupid moron, and, uh, umm, he has an ugly face and a big butt. And, and, y'know his butt smells! And he, uh, likes to kiss his own butt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Uh, yeah, Delirious is a stupid moron, and, uh, umm, he has an ugly face and a big butt. And, and, y'know his butt smells! And he, uh, likes to kiss his own butt.

Dave goes on lengthy tangent about the history of butt-kissing as a heat tactic in the 70s, subscription numbers skyrocket

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

You know back in the sixties, they uh, they used to do that a lot... like they would, uh, they would actually kiss the other guys rear end on purpose to get heat, and uh, they used to get a lot of heat for that. Like one time, I think it was Jilly Schmoe... I'm pretty sure it was Jilly Schmoe, but anyway, this one time he uh... but now that I think about it propably wasnt Jilly Schmoe, uh, it might have been someone else, but anyway the story goes, uh, they kissed someones rear end in the middle of the ring, and uh, oh man, they got so much heat for doing that, I mean, uh, I think they had to leave the territory that same night because it got so much heat. But anyway thats, uh, thats what they, well they obviously dont do it anymore!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

rovert posted:

Previously explained it a few days ago. You framing it as "bragging" doesn't inspire me to re-explain as it seems like a pointless exercise.

why did you do it

why

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am surprised that anytime they bring up Austin's neck injury we don't get a butt kissing history as related to the stip with the Owen match

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/843573167113228288

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HerraS posted:

You know back in the sixties, they uh, they used to do that a lot... like they would, uh, they would actually kiss the other guys rear end on purpose to get heat, and uh, they used to get a lot of heat for that. Like one time, I think it was Jilly Schmoe... I'm pretty sure it was Jilly Schmoe, but anyway, this one time he uh... but now that I think about it propably wasnt Jilly Schmoe, uh, it might have been someone else, but anyway the story goes, uh, they kissed someones rear end in the middle of the ring, and uh, oh man, they got so much heat for doing that, I mean, uh, I think they had to leave the territory that same night because it got so much heat. But anyway thats, uh, thats what they, well they obviously dont do it anymore!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
gas

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/843703461829099520

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Remember when Alan and Eamo trolled the board to think rovert was this random fat guy they found at a pub? I wish that really was him.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Rovert your desire to be seen as some kind of wrestlescoops ombudsman is pretty transparent you don't have to play modest

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

GoutPatrol posted:

Remember when Alan and Eamo trolled the board to think rovert was this random fat guy they found at a pub? I wish that really was him.

Actually that time Rovert had the board convinced that one of the posters was Gabe Sapolsky was pretty funny.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

algebra testes posted:

Actually that time Rovert had the board convinced that one of the posters was Gabe Sapolsky was pretty funny.

Not me. It was DC Sniper - Delirious's best friend.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

rovert posted:

Not me. It was DC Sniper - Delirious's best friend.

Oh yeah. DC Sniper hahaha I forgot about that guy.

I'm pretty sure he got a shout out on a ROH stream once too.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Rovert your desire to be seen as some kind of wrestlescoops ombudsman is pretty transparent you don't have to play modest

look I know for a fact that "Self-appointed Wrestling Journalism Ombudsman" is 100% Les Moore's territory and if you cross him he'll commission a racist cartoon about you so fast your drat head'll spin

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

Dave goes on lengthy tangent about the history of butt-kissing as a heat tactic in the 70s, subscription numbers skyrocket

Dave's random tangents on obscure wrestling trivia is the best part.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

whiteyfats posted:

Dave's random tangents on obscure wrestling trivia is the best part.

I wasn't being ironic!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/843921240532357121

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lmao the first reply

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
If you have not done so listen to the Bryan and Vinny NWA show from this weekend. The glee of describing Four Horsemen is one thing, but the triple shot of the jobber matches is just some of the most awesome listening ever - including one jobber who is worse than Vladimir Petrov, Survivor Jenna, Rebel or Shelly Martinez. It is hilarious.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave found out about JR's wife's accident on-air during WOR today and he sounded so upset about it :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I cry-laughed at Dave's response to the HOF question this morning, dude has just had it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

flashy_mcflash posted:

I cry-laughed at Dave's response to the HOF question this morning, dude has just had it.

Was that the "Sure, why not?" one?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave has convinced me, Mae Young mugging married dudes is great

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

algebra testes posted:

Was that the "Sure, why not?" one?

Yeah, I keep expecting Dave to humour these endless questions but that was pretty perfect.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: So they did a Great Women in History package about Mae Young.
Dave: So she would hustle married dudes in Vegas, beat them up and leave them on the side of the road. The idea was they wouldn't report it because they'd be admitting they were looking to fool around.
Bryan: ....they didn't cover that in the video package!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The note in the back issue that Benoit missed Raw due to Nancy going into labor was depressing.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

MassRafTer posted:

The note in the back issue that Benoit missed Raw due to Nancy going into labor was depressing.

And yet you still supported RoH when they employed Kevin Sullivan.

RIP Pisscast

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is Ryan Z a goon, or has that goon yet to cohost Bryan and Vinny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

algebra testes posted:

Is Ryan Z a goon, or has that goon yet to cohost Bryan and Vinny?

Based on his description I think he might actually be Braun Strowman.

• Locked thread