Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

found the gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mr. Pickles posted:

Well the purists classify them as a profit band and poo poo on them regularly. I'm just a big fan, and Lars is my spirit animal

The purists can go suck an obscure Bulgarian black metal dick, then.

Lars is just such a wonderful person, he's so happy to be on stage, screaming and chugging beer like there's no tomorrow.

The last time I saw them play, some really stupidly drunk dude was making a real mess of himself in front of the stage. Cue Lars' reaction: "Oh ho ho, you're way too drunk, my friend... That's makes two of us! :v:"

I will never not love the Swedish metal Buddha. Every concert brings another cool story.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don’t listen to anything after Left Hand Path but it wouldn’t occur to me to talk poo poo about Entombed.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Same but only left hand path.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Bertrand Hustle posted:

They're hitting Boston the day after my birthday and I am loving pumped.

What kinda merch? Other than the usual stuff (shirts, picks, patches) I have a Carnifex weed grinder. I've seen scarves at Nightwish, Nile, and Behemoth shows.

Shirts, patches all that usual stuff but the bass player of Genocide Pact apparently runs a small distro so he brought a crate of LPs pretty fairly priced and from a wide variety of genres. Incantation ran out of longsleeves really early in the night which was a bummer, but I walked away with a Genocide Pact longsleeve, their second LP, Gatecreeper's debut LP and something else I'm forgetting. Just a huge spread of options between the 4 bands, each brought like a headliner's amount of clothing.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Cthonic - A Crimson Sky's Command video just dropped

Can't wait for this album

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Klaaz posted:

Same but only left hand path.
Clandestine is an equally good album despite the weird production

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Mr. Pickles posted:

I know, I just have a weakspot for Vader, Entombed, and other bands who "aren't all that great"

how dare you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SfqpDrwKGA

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
any other band would have hosed up a collaboration between a comic book and a metal band but entombed pulled it off

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was so disappointed when that album came out, Left Hand Path really had my hopes up high.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The band had nothing to do with the Wolverine thing, that was just the label. The band didn't want to have anything to do with it.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Zodijackylite posted:

The band had nothing to do with the Wolverine thing, that was just the label. The band didn't want to have anything to do with it.

They made the music though right? I was interning at Earache US when that came out I heard it once and was like �nah thanks guys but I don�t need a free copy of that�. Wasn’t the best time for earache releases, imo.

Maybe I should give it a second chance, its only been like 25 years :lol:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
later buttrock entombed is a lot more entertaining than earlier death metal entombed. fight me

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Just got back from seeing Wintersun, who were awesome when not playing that new forest album; Ne Obliviscaris really stole the show.

Shoutout to everyone who lets us tiny 5' girls sneak up to the front!!

The opposite of a shoutout to the muscleman who decided to apply his body weight to me until I no longer had a spot to stand in.

A big gently caress you to the creep who patted(??) my boob then tried to act coy about it :mad:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

whoa whoa!!! I was being sarcastic, I loving love entombed, even serpent saints and same difference! In fact, "to ride..." and that last album they made (one with the new logo, yuck) are the only ones I don't actively root for

Btw it's morning here, so good morning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd258oBx0U4

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 10, 2018

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

any other band would have hosed up a collaboration between a comic book and a metal band but entombed pulled it off

ahem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbtbVDVVVdQ

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

I used to like Iced Earth a lot, and I remember this song being my favourite on this album. But man, does it sound lame now.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Nordick posted:

I used to like Iced Earth a lot, and I remember this song being my favourite on this album. But man, does it sound lame now.

Look at how wrong you are. Everything up to and including Horror Show is amazing and Barlow used to be incredible.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

CornHolio posted:

Look at how wrong you are. Everything up to and including Horror Show is amazing and Barlow used to be incredible.

I mean, I want to agree with you. I saw that video thumbnail and my first reaction was like "Oh gently caress yeah, I haven't listened to this good poo poo in ages!" But then I listened to it and it just didn't do much for me. :geno:

fake edit: Now this is more like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhRdHrRyVE

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

"Wolf" still owns.

Even a man who's pure and says his prayers by night (He won't hear your prayers) :black101:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

CornHolio posted:

Hell yeah. Iced Earth was my jam back in the mid and late 90s. Alive in Athens is still one of the best live albums ever put together imo.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Iced Earth are embarrassing

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Weaponized Cum posted:

Iced Earth are embarrassing

Now and for the past 15 years, sure. But they WERE really good and awesome.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
:rock: :rock: :rock:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T0aZ8aCjX0M

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Muppets On PCP posted:

later buttrock entombed is a lot more entertaining than earlier death metal entombed. fight me

I'll see you outside - no cheats, no ball kicks, just fists.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Now and for the past 15 years, sure. But they WERE really good and awesome.

Night of the Stormrider is one of the best metal albums ever made.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I think that Iced Earth haven't had a good album since Stormrider but there's at least a good 2-disc Greatest Hits album in there

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I don't really have a take on Iced Earth's music but I do wanna say that leaving your band in order to become a cop because of 9/11 is probably the most embarrassing thing any metal musician has ever pulled

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Just started listening to Immolation - Close to a World Below.

Really digging the off / odd time signature of the first song!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Ross Dolan's vocal delivery rules and the dissonance is A+ -- also they have a bald guitarist which is always funny to me unless you're a brutal tech death band, then it's kind of expected

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vulture Culture posted:

I think that Iced Earth haven't had a good album since Stormrider but there's at least a good 2-disc Greatest Hits album in there

They released it, it’s called The Blessed and the Damned and it’s their second best album after Alive in Athens.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Iced_Earth/The_Blessed_and_the_Damned/45754

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Smirr posted:

I don't really have a take on Iced Earth's music but I do wanna say that leaving your band in order to become a cop because of 9/11 is probably the most embarrassing thing any metal musician has ever pulled

Writing and recording "When the Eagle Cries" is more embarrassing imo

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Weaponized Cum posted:

Ross Dolan's vocal delivery rules and the dissonance is A+ -- also they have a bald guitarist which is always funny to me unless you're a brutal tech death band, then it's kind of expected

At least he's really bald instead of trying to hang on the last remnants of hair!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Weaponized Cum posted:

Why is a bald guitarist funny? John Gallagher is bald and I think Devin Townsend shaves his head now too.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

It's just if you play brutal tech death like, like lets say Deeds of Flesh, I assume that at least 1 of your guitarists is bald and will be wearing basketball shorts/camo shorts while playing

im retarded irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJxOKcQjxzw

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Why is a bald guitarist funny? John Gallagher is bald and I think Devin Townsend shaves his head now too.

But Devin Townsend is a funny bald guitarist? :confused:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Weaponized Cum posted:

He has a really weird playing style too, imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1quxCORqzI

(I saw them like two nights later in Chicago :rock: )

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

They released it, it’s called The Blessed and the Damned and it’s their second best album after Alive in Athens.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Iced_Earth/The_Blessed_and_the_Damned/45754
I don't really have super strong feelings on this—not the songs I would have picked, but a pretty solid sampling of their early material—but I'm going to point out that this is missing the entire Something Wicked trilogy

e: this doesn't invalidate your album ranking

ahegao meemaw
Oct 8, 2018

CornHolio posted:

He has a really weird playing style too, imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1quxCORqzI

(I saw them like two nights later in Chicago :rock: )

Noticed that when I saw them with Mayhem last year. He's got these really robotic, precise upstrokes on any harmonies.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
God, Immolation is so good. They released a classic album (Dawn of Possession) and then went on to develop a signature sound. They're technical, but not wanky, and continue to be consistently interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Mi’gauss re-release is (finally) out, didn’t realize Joel Grind was involved

http://migauss.bandcamp.com/album/open-season
https://store.nghtrhthms.com/product/mi-gauss-open-season-2lp

Been waiting on this since the last time I posted about them :getin: