Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Ordered, Open Season kicks rear end.

I need to take a break, that's like my third LP in a row that came in at 30 or over. Written in Waters and Open Season are too good to pass up on, though.

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Bob Vigna is the godfather of bald death metal guitarists. Nobody else in SHDM (shaved head death metal) can touch him, other than rubbing his chrome dome for good luck. Watching him play live is the greatest thing ever.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zodijackylite posted:

Bob Vigna is the godfather of bald death metal guitarists. Nobody else in SHDM (shaved head death metal) can touch him, other than rubbing his chrome dome for good luck. Watching him play live is the greatest thing ever.

I shook his hand once and was filled with tremendous riffage

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

can we somehow make this the title of the thread? thanks in advance

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
speaking of, last weekend I was at a local diner grabbing breakfast when a guy next to me noticed my Eyehategod shirt. he plays in a local band and we were talking about a bunch of bands etc. Eventually we got on the topic of bolt thrower and it was just two dudes in a diner talking about how good they are.

it was like this thread irl

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

can we somehow make this the title of the thread? thanks in advance

I don’t think “i.imgur.com/Zs5Sdcr.jpg” is a good thread title

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

speaking of, last weekend I was at a local diner grabbing breakfast when a guy next to me noticed my Eyehategod shirt. he plays in a local band and we were talking about a bunch of bands etc. Eventually we got on the topic of bolt thrower and it was just two dudes in a diner talking about how good they are.

it was like this thread irl

I wore my Exhumed shirt to a medical marijuana dispensary and one of the people working there was all excited to see a fellow metalhead, it was pretty cool.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Everytime I meet a metalhead in my small village it's a crazy person wearing avenged sevenfold / amon amarth jogging suits while shopping or a fat middle aged woman in a testament shirt yelling at her husband

Monstaland fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 12, 2018

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don’t think “i.imgur.com/Zs5Sdcr.jpg” is a good thread title

TAke a look, y'all

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

there are *some people* who dislike BT and their music, and when the convo inevitably pivots to Bolt Thrower (as they all do) they go on and say "idk, I find them boring and uninspired" or "they're too repetitive"

I mean, there was a time in my life when I genuinely didn't like Fear Factory (I had seen them live and they sucked) and would bring that up whenever, and I got many weird looks because of it, but that was a different era when the hate for everything numetal was real, and I've since decided that Fear Factory are actually good.

But not liking BT, that's like, wow.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Mr. Pickles posted:

there are *some people* who dislike BT and their music, and when the convo inevitably pivots to Bolt Thrower (as they all do) they go on and say "idk, I find them boring and uninspired" or "they're too repetitive"

I mean, there was a time in my life when I genuinely didn't like Fear Factory (I had seen them live and they sucked) and would bring that up whenever, and I got many weird looks because of it, but that was a different era when the hate for everything numetal was real, and I've since decided that Fear Factory are actually good.

But not liking BT, that's like, wow.

These are Lizard People. It is okay to hit them. Or throw bolts at them if you're feeling sassy.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Mr. Pickles posted:

Album Fear Factory rule so goddamn hard. Live Fear Factory sucks unimaginable amounts of rear end. It really is astounding how much of a difference there is.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

KozmoNaut posted:

Album Fear Factory rule so goddamn hard.

At least they did back in the 90s. Listened to them so much back then. Never caught them live.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

KozmoNaut posted:

Album Fear Factory rule so goddamn hard. Live Fear Factory sucks unimaginable amounts of rear end. It really is astounding how much of a difference there is.

Well, as a person who saw em live first without knowing their music, I totally agree. Good riffs tho, guitar people absolutely love them

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Honestly of all the dumb hive mind band worship options we have I’m glad we chose Bolt Thrower.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

WHERE NEXT TO CONQUER

Kilometers Davis posted:

Honestly of all the dumb hive mind band worship options we have I’m glad we chose Bolt Thrower.

Certainly the least dumb option. Plus its not our fault they disbanded...Their disband had a greater impact on me than Dio's or Lemmy's passing tbh.
Oh, and when I saw them live in a sold out underground venue, their performance probably topped my all time favorite live (black sabbath with ozzy 2005). There is no band who can top that, other than them.

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 12, 2018

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Groke posted:

At least they did back in the 90s. Listened to them so much back then. Never caught them live.

Digimortal, Archetype and Transgression are a bit meh, though they have a handful of decent tracks between them.

Mechanize got them back on track, and I will never not love blasting Powershifter at full tilt. I never really got into The Industrialist, but Genexus rules.

Don't bother with them live. You will only be disappointed.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

KozmoNaut posted:

Digimortal, Archetype and Transgression are a bit meh, though they have a handful of decent tracks between them.

Mechanize got them back on track, and I will never not love blasting Powershifter at full tilt. I never really got into The Industrialist, but Genexus rules.

Don't bother with them live. You will only be disappointed.

Yeah I agree with this. Genexus was a great return to form, the one before was forgettable as hell. Mechanize is the heaviest stuff they've done and has Gene Hoglan on drums which makes it even better.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Zodijackylite posted:

What about skullet death metal?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Mr. Pickles posted:

"idk, I find them boring and uninspired" or "they're too repetitive"

This seemed to me like the conventional wisdom before they broke up so I’m glad to see all the love these days

On another note, someone use this as an avatar

Phone posting, sorta sorry if it’s huge

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i'm gonna use it but not resize it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

the yeti posted:

it owns

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

the yeti posted:

Dallas Toler-Wade was rocking a skullet before he finally went and shaved his head completely.

On an unrelated note, it looks like Soreption are having visa issues and have been replaced on the Suffocation tour by Visceral Disgorge. I'm not crazy about them but gently caress it, if I get to see Suffocation, Cattle Decap, and Krisiun I'll take one extra supporting act I'm not super into.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hell yeah.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Dallas Toler-Wade was rocking a skullet before he finally went and shaved his head completely.

I was thinking of him specifically :v:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
re: Fear Factory chat: I liked The Industrialist more than anything else they've done in the last 20 years. I'm honestly surprised no one mentioned it.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I love Archetype, but I may be the only one

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

kumba posted:

I also like it!

Fear Factory live was one of the very few times i've been actually embarrassed for a band while watching them (specifically the singer)

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

The only Fear Factory song I ever cared for was Replica

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

kumba posted:

Archetype was good too!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

kumba posted:

Archetype is my jam.

Vintersorg posted:

Hell yeah.

Oh Cronos :allears:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

New Cthonic is really good, they hit the balance between metal and traditional instrumentation better than ever

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Whoever recommended checking out that Vulvodynia song that Som Pluijmers did guest vocals on, thank you. I have such a crush on this woman, her vocals are unbelievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67g9Qm3Zg4U

The high screeches and low gurgles are Som, the regular vocalist is the lower raspier growls I believe.

e: Finally giving the new Horrendous a listen and yeah, that'll be the show I'm going to.

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 12, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vintersorg posted:

Hell yeah.

I wish Metal dudes and ladies still dressed like this more often instead of trying to look cool or 2grim

Not that there’s anyone wrong with cool and grim but sometimes I want more fun

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It’s funny hearing him talk. He’s just a pissed off old British dude. :lol:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

I wish Metal dudes and ladies still dressed like this more often instead of trying to look cool or 2grim

Not that there’s anyone wrong with cool and grim but sometimes I want more fun

back in his day that was what being 2grim2furious looked like

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Vintersorg posted:

Hell yeah.

He probably bought that top at Forever 21