Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Wow, this sounds amazing. What's the deal with missions? It sounds like you draw one secretly from a faction deck, is that right?

Also: is there any support for campaign play, with scenarios, territory and stat progression? That's ideally what I'm looking for in a Necromunda replacement/ upgrade.

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Supreme Court posted:

Wow, this sounds amazing. What's the deal with missions? It sounds like you draw one secretly from a faction deck, is that right?

Also: is there any support for campaign play, with scenarios, territory and stat progression? That's ideally what I'm looking for in a Necromunda replacement/ upgrade.

Yes, that's correct.

And yes, there definitely is, though the campaign section is being rewritten for Deadzone Infestation because it wasn't as good as it could have been.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Part of the great appeal here is that both players have a secret mission, so you have to figure out what the other guy is trying to do so you can stop them. Unfortunately it's possible for the two missions to line up as an advantage for one player though. For instance I played a game where my mission was to get to the other side of the board, and my opponent's mission was to not die. He won because I was too busy trying to get across to kill his dudes.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Deadzone is legitimately making me think about playing a wargame that doesn't feature tie fighters for the first time in decades.

Those space dwarves look too good and the starter is set is downright reasonable in price.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
The only thing about the Deadzone starter is I think it still has the old Enforcers in it - the new plastic ones are a lot better than the old restic ones - easier to assemble, more detail and more options. They're in the Enforcer Support Booster for £10, along with a medic and some restic upgrade parts to make Defenders if you want.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Pierzak posted:

Yes, and then you discover how much GW has been loving you in the wallet.

That's what happened to me when I discovered cheap laser cutting and free designs floating around. I now have like 3 Infinity tables' wort of HDF terrain (and Infinity likes a lot of terrain).

Care to share?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Care to share?

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/14184-free-laser-cut-cube-terain-plans-extras-its-objective-room-added/
http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/29183-free-laser-cut-stuff-from-wargaming-lodz/

IIRC the cubes have a better arranged version, forgot where it was.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Dinosaurs!

This blog is an excellent source for dinosaur models. It points to the best stuff for anybody looking for models without huge feet or derpy faces or pronated hands or anything.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know its GW but they make awesome raptors with tac and bridle already on them
http://m.ebay.com/itm/131551452302?nav=SEARCH

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
so I've seen a lot of 40k conversions where people take like, fantasy chaos dudes and make them into space marines and stuff

anyone seen any of the reverse of that? I'm thinking of try to convert my chaos marines to look like knights for my KoW army

???

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Use Khorne Berzerker arms, they're wearing leather gloves for some reason.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Use Khorne Berzerker arms, they're wearing leather gloves for some reason.

never noticed this!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

What material do you use? MDF, thin plywood, or something else?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

What material do you use? MDF, thin plywood, or something else?

I had mine cut from 3mm HDF, by the dude who made the second thread.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Moola posted:

so I've seen a lot of 40k conversions where people take like, fantasy chaos dudes and make them into space marines and stuff

anyone seen any of the reverse of that? I'm thinking of try to convert my chaos marines to look like knights for my KoW army

???

Closest I've seen is people using space wolves' wolf models as mounts for knights.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
So, if I wanted to make regiments of lizardguys from Reaper Bones and play them in a miniatures game, is Kings of War a good Avenue for such?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Yup.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Am I being dumb or are there no lists... well, listed, on the mantic site for KoW? Are they just not finished yet?

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

spectralent posted:

Am I being dumb or are there no lists... well, listed, on the mantic site for KoW? Are they just not finished yet?

We're mid-edition-change. Rules and army list PDFs for 2e are out Friday.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
As I understand it, when second edition comes out in a few days they're releasing lists specifically to accommodate WFB refugees. I don't think they're up yet.

But even if they're not, the game actively encourages proxying, so you'd be fine to run your lizardmen army as any of the other armies as long as you meet the relevant unit sizes etc.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
Aight, fair enough.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!

spectralent posted:

I don't know where they are listed on the site, but the OP of this very thread links to the beta versions of the 2nd edition rules and lists. Or yeah, just wait til the end of the week for the (hopefully) better formatted PDFs.

I hope next week sees a few youtube battle reports of 2nd edition; maybe a really popular group like miniwargaming will do a demo game or two. God knows they have enough models to run proxy any list imaginable.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Reaper's 3rd kickstarter is up, and it looks like 16 lizardmen are part of the base pledge.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

LeSquide posted:

So, if I wanted to make regiments of lizardguys from Reaper Bones and play them in a miniatures game, is Kings of War a good Avenue for such?

Reaper Bones is perfect for making KoW stuff like filler and units without minis, I've already earmarked loads from Bones 2.

http://imgur.com/a/26RO0

These are Bonesium Hill Giants f.ex

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 7, 2015

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

spectralent posted:

He's the final beta of the 11 KOW core lists: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nhZLDFOHUXC2MCA6NwYQWr0HF2mSyvEWIlNH4oCtBeQ/htmlview#gid=1243412207

Also, the WIP Warhammer lists for Skaven, Beastmen, and Dogs of War (kinda): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XgQY5vVHs_V19N_2lsrpk59SIF9hi6_KDBqkmyitRro/edit#gid=644257362

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Saw this in the GW Deathpool thread:

Rick Priestly, extracts from the foreword for Kings of War 2nd Edition posted:

“When asked to write these few introductory words I hardly expected to find myself writing the foreword to what is undoubtedly now the most popular mass-battle fantasy game on the market!”

“Many converts have found themselves won over by a mixture of solid game play, straight-forward but elegant mechanics, and an approach to development that plainly puts the player first.”

Well done especially to its creator and designer Alessio Cavatore. I have worked together with Alessio on many gaming projects over the years, both historical and fantasy, and have always appreciated his clear and focussed approach to game design, instinct for uncluttered rules, and – most of all – boundless and unquenchable enthusiasm for games and gaming.”

Wow, I hope the rest of the team got a mention in there somewhere, especially after what I heard about what shenanigans Alessio was up to.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

To the Warhammer public, Alessio is still "that good designer who wrote a lot of good books a few editions ago." To be fair, they probably think that of anyone who isn't Matt Ward.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Edit: Someone beat me to the punch.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
How big is the Deadzone deluxe mat? I was thinking of getting one for Infinity, but if I need 4 I might as well get it from gamemat.eu

VVV

E: ok, never mind then, it was to expensive anyway

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 7, 2015

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

2'x2', it also has a 3" grid on it - if Infinity hasn't moved from 'no premeasuring' yet, that'll be an issue.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Man, Alessio wrote Bolt Action and while it has a few problems I think it's pretty great :colbert:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
He seems to be a great ideas guy, but then heads off into the distance and won't listen to constructive criticism.

Which is not exactly a rare trait in games designers.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Thundercloud posted:

He seems to be a great ideas guy, but then heads off into the distance and won't listen to constructive criticism.

Which is not exactly a rare trait in games designers.

Yeah he definitely has a problem with that =/

In other news, I think I'm on board to do an all Mantic orc/gobbies army.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014
I can't decide between dwarfs, undead, just orcs, just goblins, or a mix of those two.

enrious
Jan 22, 2015

MadWOPR posted:

I can't decide between dwarfs, undead, just orcs, just goblins, or a mix of those two.

Why chose between them?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh god, I was actually looking at Hail Ceaser fit done chill models for an empire of man army. That's how you become a dad gamer isn't it.

enrious
Jan 22, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh god, I was actually looking at Hail Ceaser fit done chill models for an empire of man army. That's how you become a dad gamer isn't it.

I want this mini.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

?

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

MadWOPR posted:

Necromancers don't care where the bodies come from: make an undead army themed on the aftermath of a great dwarf/goblin battle. There's some seriously cool unit fillers you could go for, based on all these undead units that had massacred each other while alive.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That's blatantly swype keyboard, dunno what Hail Caesar is but "fit done chill" = for some cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Necromancers don't care where the bodies come from: make an undead army themed on the aftermath of a great dwarf/goblin battle. There's some seriously cool unit fillers you could go for, based on all these undead units that had massacred each other while alive.

loving Genius.

I was trying to think of a way to take lots of Mercs/allies since I love all the factions, but I was worried about a cohesive theme. Thank you!