Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Does #8 all-time in sacks (as of now) get him in?

It should, because DeMarcus Ware loving owned.
In with lots of room to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

In with lots of room to spare.

On the other hand Kevin Greene had to wait 20 years. Greene rubbed reporters the wrong way though which I can't remember hearing about Ware.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I think Julius Peppers is more of a question mark to get in than Ware as far as how his off-the-field reputation might impact him. Ware seems like a lock.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Codependent Poster posted:

Eh, he's a solid backup. They just need to develop some young talent as well, but if they don't find someone this draft, this will get them another year.

Yeah I know. I just wanted to read "Colts sign Dontari Poe" or "Colts sign this CB", etc.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WHOOPS posted:

I think Julius Peppers is more of a question mark to get in than Ware as far as how his off-the-field reputation might impact him. Ware seems like a lock.

Plus Ware played for the Cowboys and Broncos, so we know HoF voters will slob all over his nob.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Chichevache posted:

Plus Ware played for the Cowboys and Broncos, so we know HoF voters will slob all over his nob.

Like corn on the cob?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
<-----

Check in w/ me

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I would rather give some UDA 100 caries in a season than Robert Trubin.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

mcmagic posted:

I would rather give some UDA 100 caries in a season than Robert Trubin.

Hey that's still a possibility, don't underestimate the ability for Colts RB's to get injured.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

I think this is a thing, but slightly different, because at least when it comes to the NFL, there's a healthy chunk of white WR's in college, whereas due to your thing, there's still next to no white cornerbacks in the major conferences right?

Yeah I mean what the hell happens to white cornerbacks? Do they not exist in highschool? Are they all converted to WR when they get to college?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

There are like 3 Broncos in the HoF

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

Terrell Davis just made it, so I'm leaning on that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

RB Floyd Little got in with the veteran's committee or whatever they call it in the NFL for being not rear end on terrible teams (and even then he broke 1000 yards once in his career). Terrell Davis got in on the Gale Sayers platform. So there's at least two bad choices out of the 5 or so Broncos.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Eli Wiggum posted:

How good is King Dunlap

He's still an ok player, even though he struggles badly with speed rushers nowadays. The problem with him is that he has a pretty awful concussion history, like I think he's had more than any active player in the league going right now. He's also battled ankle injuries the last couple years on top of that.

I think he's probably done, and honestly he really should retire for his long term health anyway.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Jags gonna Tom Cable Poe.

"Imagine doing what you do, but in REVERSE!"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yeah I mean what the hell happens to white cornerbacks? Do they not exist in highschool? Are they all converted to WR when they get to college?

I cant remember there being a white cb jason seehorn.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

So there's at least two bad choices out of the 5 or so Broncos.
Off the top of my head:

Zimmerman
Elway
Little
Sharpe
Davis

Yep, that's 5. I'm guessing Atwater is next, and Gradishar is overdue.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm super glad td made the hof. That is great news.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Are there even a lot of extra Cowboys in compared to other successful teams? They haven't put in "extra" members of the 90's guys yet and I don't think they're going to, either.

WHOOPS posted:

Peppers is not a question mark at all.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
If Ware is in, then so is James Harrison. Reminder that Kevin Greene, who is still 3rd all-time on the sack list just got in this year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Off the top of my head:

Zimmerman
Elway
Little
Sharpe
Davis

Yep, that's 5. I'm guessing Atwater is next, and Gradishar is overdue.

Put in Rod Smith

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If Ware is in, then so is James Harrison. Reminder that Kevin Greene, who is still 3rd all-time on the sack list just got in this year

Are you really saying that harrison is on the same tier as ware lmfao

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/841429093786746880

Bengals goons? Is he decent?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

I'm sure he's a fine human being.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

Are you really saying that harrison is on the same tier as ware lmfao

He's better.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know how to play football yet.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If Ware is in, then so is James Harrison.

Why?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Chichevache posted:

He's better.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even know how to play football yet.

Oh well that's interesting.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Peppers is not a question mark at all.

gently caress peppers.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Was Ware's time of dominance any better than Harrison's 5 years of dominating? I'm not under the impression Ware was better for longer, nor is he nearly as durable.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Was Ware's time of dominance any better than Harrison's 5 years of dominating? I'm not under the impression Ware was better for longer, nor is he nearly as durable.

Doesn't Ware also sell out for the pass at the expense of the run? I thought Harrison was more well rounded.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

pubic works project posted:

Oh well that's interesting.

Eh, he's depth. There's a bunch of spots to fill and the 2nd year is probably nothing guaranteed.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Eh, he's depth. There's a bunch of spots to fill and the 2nd year is probably nothing guaranteed.

I got a little excited cuz he's 6'8" and 295.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Doesn't Ware also sell out for the pass at the expense of the run? I thought Harrison was more well rounded.

Yeah, Ware was never asked to do what Harrison does, (and is still doing admirably) in coverage, and in the run game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If he plays anything other than trying to block field goals, that's not good. But his physical aspects are pretty great and he'll make a play once every 5 or 6 games if he's on the field, which is pretty bad if that's not coming across. "Depth"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I'd say yeah, double the all pros and pro bowls. They've also played for a similar length of time, 178 games in 12 years vs 187 in 14. Harrison is crazy durable to still be playing at 38, but he did miss those like first 6 years of a normal career as a starter sitting behind all those dudes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

#1 I don't know if it was better, but he did last longer as an elite or near elite player. #2 unless you're just talking about retiring instead of playing until he's 38 Ware was a more durable guy than Harrison when he was with Dallas, he didn't miss a game his first 8 years in the league.

I think Harrison has a case, but I think comparing him head to head with Ware (much less claiming that if Ware gets in Harrison is a lock) is misguided. They're just too different as players. Even though you can theoretically call them both OLBs for most of their career they need to be judged on their own merits instead of against each other.

e: Kalli probably said it better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah, any help on special teams will be good.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Yeah, Ware was never asked to do what Harrison does, (and is still doing admirably) in coverage, and in the run game

Harrison isn't really near Ware stat wise but the dude was an absolute game wrecker who is still putting up decent performances in the twilight of a 15 year career. That's not even mentioning all the career defining plays he had, including the career defining Superbowl pick-six.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Haha no.

Strong as gently caress, though. The one time a year he is clearly stronger than the Olineman and he gets good position is fun as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/841482418959732736

Sure, why not.

• Locked thread