Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Condensed pals counting as more than 1 when condensing them is the change I was anticipating the most. The pal inventory struggle is finally over

Pals apparently getting stuck less and the base no longer sounding like it's in a waterfall if someone uses the wrong skill are nice changes too, I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Well, that patch addresses all of my issues, I think.

If it means that servers are more stable I will spin up another one.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Are nails still worth mass producing or is there now a better item to sell?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Soonmot posted:

Read somewhere berries are best now. Or you could just roast Black Marketeers.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Sad to see nails go but at least there's a reason to make bullets now. I don't think we farmed any sulfur at all in the course of beating the game.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Soonmot posted:

I am a big fan of salads, assuming they didn’t nerf the return on those too. You can feed your pals salad and they work faster for like 10 minutes and then sell whatever excess you have.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
expensive nails were nice because they meant you didn't have to choose between quartz and sulfur for the 3rd base

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

sulfur's never worth a base, quartz hardly. i dedicate 2 to ore and 1 coal

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

cumpantry posted:

that place with the 8 ore veins and 6 coal veins exists though, how much are you using?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

padijun posted:

that place with the 8 ore veins and 6 coal veins exists though, how much are you using?

woah where is that

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

cumpantry posted:

woah where is that

I don't have the map chords handy but it's south of the smaller ice zone (the mountain with the second boss tower). It's on a plateau, and high enough that you don't get raids. It's almost directly south of the big waterfall, iirc.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

cumpantry posted:

I tagged that base somewhere back in this thread

pentyne posted:

Huge Mining Nodes

Ore/Coal (requires rank 3 pal mining for coal)
6 huge coal nodes and 6 ore nodes
188, -35

Sulfur (requires 2 ranks of heat protection)
5 huge nodes right next to a fast travel tower
-596, -523

Quartz(requires refined ore pickaxe, 2 ranks of cold protection, 3 ranks at night)
-145, 575
7 huge nodes

Also, since some of these are pretty far from the starting areas, this is an extremely good ore base for early game.
157, -410
7-8 huge nodes, it's also on a plateau only accessible by drawbridge so raids are a piece of cake

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

cumpantry posted:

woah where is that

the marker near the middle. I just put down a palbox and chest next to it and hit it with digtoise every couple days, but now that they fixed a lot of pathing I might set up food, beds, etc. so it's automatic

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

drat thanks

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I filled that base with Anubises. They pathed fine since there was pretty much zero infrastructure, but they weren’t very good at collecting the coal. (Carried ore fine, and mined ore and then coal when they run out of ore nodes, but lackadaisical about carrying coal)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's where an exclusive hauler comes in. You won't miss the 1 worker if they're all dedicated to same task and the hauler can go wild picking up forever.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Khanstant posted:

That's where an exclusive hauler comes in. You won't miss the 1 worker if they're all dedicated to same task and the hauler can go wild picking up forever.

I think that largely depends on if they have fixed haulers being haulers when you're not there to watch them. I think I run like five Blazamuts (which is probably one too many) and four single-purpose haulers with boxes right next to the rocks, but every time I go back to that base the ground is covered in ore and all the birds/oserks are just chilling.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mailer posted:

I think that largely depends on if they have fixed haulers being haulers when you're not there to watch them. I think I run like five Blazamuts (which is probably one too many) and four single-purpose haulers with boxes right next to the rocks, but every time I go back to that base the ground is covered in ore and all the birds/oserks are just chilling.

I noticed this too but then went to idle in the base to see what happens.

While you are there, you can watch them strip mine all the nodes and collect so fast they are just idling around waiting for a node to respawn.

When not at base, it seems like the drops that hang in the air for some reason are not flagged as collectible and stay there sort of blocking the whole collection

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Something easy to overlook is Pals with a set skill can no longer be bred out so you're always gonna have Earth Emperor on Anubis it seems.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

McTimmy posted:

Something easy to overlook is Pals with a set skill can no longer be bred out so you're always gonna have Earth Emperor on Anubis it seems.

This is going to be rolled back

https://twitter.com/Palworld_EN/status/1762403250240942568

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

But now my super-planting Lyleen is less special!

Ah, cool.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

How do you catch the boss pals like grizzbolt? I checked the animal sanctuaries and they weren’t there.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

MarshyMcFly posted:

How do you catch the boss pals like grizzbolt? I checked the animal sanctuaries and they weren’t there.

They spawn on the sanctuaries, they're just kinda rare. Grizzbolt spawns on the southern one, while the others spawn on the northeastern one.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I have definitely noticed my pals are way more productive in crops and ranch farmables while I'm offline, since the patch. Dedicated hosting is quite a bit more worth it now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
You can also breed a grizzbolt with the right combo of pals

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

MacheteZombie posted:

You can also breed a grizzbolt with the right combo of pals

Can you spoil the combo?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mayveena posted:

Can you spoil the combo?

Mossanda + Rayhound

I have both of these sites bookmarked that you can use to find out who to use to get what

https://palworldtrainer.com/breed-calculator
https://paldex.io/palworld/breeding-calculator/

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
https://twitter.com/Palworld_EN/status/1763013881696518188

Already fixed fixed passives. Nice.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

So does anyone know how the condensation works now? Do two level 2s condense into a level 3?

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

PittTheElder posted:

So does anyone know how the condensation works now? Do two level 2s condense into a level 3?

You get the full points you’ve already put into that pal + 1. I had a 1 star guy and condensed two other 1 star and it got to 10/16 for level 2 (5 points each). I think the only problem is you lose any points that go over what’s needed for the next level, but I didn’t test that. I’m not sure if condensing a 2 star into a zero star will bring it straight to 2 star or stop at 1 star.

VegasGoat fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 29, 2024

moroboshi
Dec 11, 2000

VegasGoat posted:

You get the full points you’ve already put into that pal + 1. I had a 1 star guy and condensed two other 1 star and it got to 10/16 for level 2 (5 points each). I think the only problem is you lose any points that go over what’s needed for the next level, but I didn’t test that. I’m not sure if condensing a 2 star into a zero star will bring it straight to 2 star or stop at 1 star.

From what I’ve read (I have not tested this), you can only go up one star level. So if you put a four star to upgrade/condense a zero star, the zero star will only go up one level to a one star, even though the four star is worth more Pals than that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I logged out at a sanctuary and when I logged back in the patch broke my galeclaw so trying to glide around just resulted in me T-posing and floating through the air at walking speed

MarshyMcFly posted:

I found a herd of grizzbolts in the desert area around an oasis.

here is the only screenshot I took that came out remotely decent, as I got mobbed by the little weaklings

it was around here iirc:

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 29, 2024

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

theyre at the southern sanctuary on just a rare spawn. keep trying

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

my pals still get stuck on poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
mine do not. skill issue

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

im skilled at butchering the repeat offenders :chef:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Since the patch I can't destroy anything. I'm on PC. I have raids turned off, is that why?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Mayveena posted:

Since the patch I can't destroy anything. I'm on PC. I have raids turned off, is that why?

Instead of trying to destroy stuff, I realized I needed to use the disassembly choice and that worked.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha for a second I was like holy hell how did I miss a whole city!?! But it's just the mysterious rectangular prism zone.