Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Lol I just posted your pic in the pic thread cause I saw it on reddit.

Glad you all came out mostly okay.

mootmoot posted:

You are delusional. They are the motorcycle equivalent of clogs.

You should post more :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

nsaP posted:

You should post more :getin:

Mention his name and yea, the Mootster shall return!

edit: He who moot not be named.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

mootmoot posted:

You are delusional. They are the motorcycle equivalent of clogs.

gently caress you for hating on my heritage. :mad:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Oh poo poo, that was mootmoot. I didn't even notice. A drive-by mooting.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Oh poo poo, that was mootmoot. I didn't even notice. A drive-by mooting.

Well, that's forgivable, because usually he crashes halfway through his drive-bys.

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?
You crashed hard enough to summon Mootmoot.

Your lucky to be alive right now buddy.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Powerstone posted:

You crashed hard enough to summon Mootmoot.

Your lucky to be alive right now buddy.

Turns out, this is the only thread Moot has bookmarked. He sits in the shadows waiting for the call to arms.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
Backpanther refers to that as a call to arm.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
:thurman: Holy poo poo dude. Hahahahha

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Some piece of poo poo took out my fiancee on the freeway this evening then ran away from the scene. She's still woosy and doesn't remember much. I'm chillin with her at the e.r. right now. She's dinged up pretty good, bruised ribs, nose got bloodied, and I see a slight bruise around her bottom lip, but nothing broken otherwise.

From what I gathered from the chp officer on the scene and the bits and pieces that she could remember was that she was minding her own business, wasn't splitting, on the right tire track in the fast lane, then this motherfucker on the lane to her right decided to go left even though he could plainly see her since she was slightly ahead of him. Bumped the right side of the rear wheel on our zx6 and took her the gently caress out. Apparently she endoed and passed out from smacking the pavement with her visor.

Acccording to chp the bike still runs, just scratched up pretty good. I'll take care of that after we get to go home.

Fuckin hell.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Man that's ultra lovely. Glad she and the bike are mostly ok. Add another to the books about gear being a good thing.

As a side note, you could put a sign on the freeway entrance near there with your (Google voice) phone number asking for witnesses to call you perhaps. Maybe a local saw it happen?

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
2 cars pulled over and one of them apparently saw the whole thing and gave a statement. I think she took out the guy's mirror or something too but it's too early to tell.

Now that the initial crappiness is done and she's mostly okay I'm beginning to remember that I'm loving hungry and now I have a headache. Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer before getting discharged.

All things considered today's a good day. It could have gone way worse. 2 and a half weeks from our wedding; I'm counting my blessings.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
drat, xrays came back and she's got 2 fractured ribs. Guess I'm spending the night here.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Time well spent. Eat something.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Sorry that happened man, at least its not as bad as it could have been. Glad she's mostly ok.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wonder if we'll get moved to a room before the cafeteria closes in another hour and 20 minutes. At least parking is gonna get validated.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
lovely dude, having been there before, that poo poo sucks. Glad she's (mostly) alright.

If you're in the bay, let me know if i can lend a hand with the bike.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thanks man. I'm down south in the l.a. area but much appreciated all the same.

At least I grabbed a burger before the cafeteria closed for the night. Wasn't that yucky either.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Angryboot posted:

drat, xrays came back and she's got 2 fractured ribs. Guess I'm spending the night here.

Gonna hurt like hell but make sure she keeps breathing deeply. If you take shallow breaths as most folks are prone to do with broke ribs you stand the change of getting pneumonia relatively easy. (I've had busted ribs on five different occasions.) If she goes home but can't lay down/get back up after laying down, sleep in a recliner for a few days. Also, take it easy for a few days.

Good luck to her and you, heal up and "get back on the horse".

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Angryboot posted:

Sorry to hear about the accident... I'm relieved to hear that she'll make a full recovery though. Broken ribs really suck--I hope she heals up soon.

I hope the police catch the fucker who did this. That's utterly unbelievable someone would skip away like that--they should be charged with attempted murder.

Catatron Prime fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 15, 2014

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Man that really sucks. I hope they catch that piece of poo poo somehow and your fiancee heals up.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thanks dudes. Still chillin at the hospital but looks like we'll get discharged this afternoon after this doctor reviews stuff with his team. I'm sure she's gonna feel worse tomorrow.

ReformedNiceGuy
Feb 12, 2008
Man some people are poo poo bags, glad to hear she's mostly okay!

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

drat man, that really sucks. Very glad to hear she's ok!! Was it on the 210? I keep seeing a green ZX6 or ninja of some kind on my morning commute and I was wondering if it was one of you guys.

Man, people suck. Hope they find the fucker.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What time's your commute? If it's right around 7'ish and the rider's on a 1 piece black dainese and a solid white lid it's her. I'm on a yellow aprilia with a red 1 piece now days mostly.

This happened on the 101 going east right after laurel canyon. Bunch of assholes on that stretch.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Angryboot posted:

What time's your commute? If it's right around 7'ish and the rider's on a 1 piece black dainese and a solid white lid it's her. I'm on a yellow aprilia with a red 1 piece now days mostly.

This happened on the 101 going east right after laurel canyon. Bunch of assholes on that stretch.

Haha yep that's her then, I thought it was a chick rider but wasn't sure. I always split up my onramp and see her split up the next one. Give my best and tell her she better get back out there.

101 at Laurel is a terrible place to be sure.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
nth'ing the 'best wishes' sentiment

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thanks again for the good jujus, dudes. She's done munching and is now wigglin around to try to get out of bed and walk around. Hopefully we'll get out of here in a bit.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
What everyone else said, man. That sucks. Rib injuries are the pits, too. :(

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, mang.

We were discharged in the afternoon after grubbing on some stuff and walking around in the hallway while staring at other injured and sick people staring at us, then I went and checked out the zx6. Man, supersports crash pretty well. The tail cowling lost a few snaps but is serviceable for the time being. Lights are all fine, my aftermarket psr levers are fine, forks aren't bent. Tank had a dent from her rib cage I think.

The only irritating thing was the right rearset is snapped right above the footpeg hinge. Had to rest my heel on the exhaust while riding it home.

Fun with dealing with the insurance adjuster Monday. Joy.

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

My bike after my accident. Fractured my left wrist and severed my right clavicle. Bike is a total loss according to the Insurance Engineer. I really don't want to say goodbye to this bike :(

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What the christ did you do?

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

I hosed up. Approached a roundabout too fast in lovely road conditions, realised a bit too late I was going too fast, started braking hard, bike started to skip and I target fixated the curb I didn't want to hit. I've wrecked a bike that I bought a month ago because I rode outside my experience level and I am absolutely loving gutted because of it. Every time I walk past the bike and look at it I just want to kick myself and somehow go back in time and tell myself to calm the gently caress down and stop riding around at stupid speeds at 01:00 in the morning. I was wearing all my gear but the ambulance people had to cut the jacket off me and my helmet took a hit, visor came off and there's a sizeable crack on the right hand side just by where the visor clipped in. Doctor said I was lucky all I got was two broken bones. I'd estimate that I approached at about 90-100mph and came off at 50-60mph.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Night time is never fun time. You're outrunning your lights at those speeds at night.

Good that you're relatively okay and seem to taking the right attitude towards the crash.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I'll be the guy that says that was a dumb move and asking to crash. Glad you're OK and reconciling the fact that it was a dumb move however.

I'd say just let the bike go, depending on the buyback you could part out the good stuff, but if you're not mechanically inclined I'd just take the money you get from the claim.

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

In hindsight, the way I was riding, I was just asking for a crash. It's definitely taught me a hard lesson. I've been looking at Insurance premiums for a similar bike with this accident and they've gone from £270p/a to £800p/a.

It's going to hit me really hard financially, I'm currently on sick pay which is £100 per week which is really poo poo. On top of that, I won't get what I originally paid for the bike minus my excess which is £500. So how I'm going to afford another bike I don't know (I really want to stick with the z750 so I definitely want to get another one) but I also definitely want to get back on a bike asap and not end up in a situation where I'm saving up again for a few years before I'm riding again. What I'd give to win the lottery or something right now :(

e: Oh also, I have to buy a new helmet, jacket and gloves as I didn't have them insured.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Motsew posted:

I hosed up. Approached a roundabout ... at about 90-100mph

:stare:

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

hah, yeah, I wasn't concentrating on the roundabout at all. I was concentrating on another vehicle in the lane to my left. Also, I had been riding the bike pretty much most of the day and was ending the day on a high (it was my first somewhat sunny day on the bike with some good B road riding), I wasn't far from home either so the combination of feeling really awesome after a good day's ride and the lax in concentration since I was nearly home plus my general stupidity just bit me in the backside.

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Approaching a roundabout at 90mph (which I assume you knew was there if you were near home) at night with bad road conditions. I realise you're already getting dogpiled for this but :stare:

Didn't you recently do your DAS? They hammer all of the safety poo poo into your head for a reason. :( Either way I'm glad you came out of it mostly ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motsew
Dec 31, 2004

Pretty much yeah, did my DAS 16th Feb. I was being stupid, no two ways about it. It's definitely made me think about calming down when I get back on a bike, I'll save my little bits of fun for when I'm on more suitable B and A roads and the track (I definitely want to do some track days).

• Locked thread