Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

voice acted master kohga is a blessing

thank you nintendo for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Augus posted:

is that motherfucking vaati

EDIT: wait nah vaati has red eyes

From the braid....like, evil impa?

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

The Bloop posted:

I realize what you meant but I definitely read this differently at first :v:

Tbf, the select group of people in our school who had GameCubes were drat special. :ghost:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Runcible Cat posted:

You can always pick new ones up at that Korok trial, can't you?

You get to keep the set used on the first successful completion. After that, they're loaners.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

that hooded dude is giving me intense Yuga vibes

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Runcible Cat posted:

You can always pick new ones up at that Korok trial, can't you?

I don't think you get to keep those after the first time you actually complete the trial?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kenzo posted:

Your solution adds a bunch of unnecessary steps vs just going back and picking up the thing you like. Now if I could repair my weapon with your suggestion before it breaks that would be dope.

The problem is then the weapon itself and both the 'rare' items used to repair it are now subjected to the crazy rationing of a gamer worried about not having his favorite toys at the right time during the game.

After a few hours into the game and the whole sense of lonely empty world has faded off and you've started getting korok seeds you can fill you weapon inventory in a few minutes just from hitting up the stables. Take into account all the dozens of other places you can find good to great high quality weapons that respawn and it's never an actual problem until you get to the highest level, most powerful enemies.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

pentyne posted:

The problem is then the weapon itself and both the 'rare' items used to repair it are now subjected to the crazy rationing of a gamer worried about not having his favorite toys at the right time during the game.

After a few hours into the game and the whole sense of lonely empty world has faded off and you've started getting korok seeds you can fill you weapon inventory in a few minutes just from hitting up the stables. Take into account all the dozens of other places you can find good to great high quality weapons that respawn and it's never an actual problem until you get to the highest level, most powerful enemies.

And then you just wander through hyrule castle with majora's mask on and loot everything

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I just found out that a flaming torch drives off bees without making them aggressive.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

oh right, bees dislike smoke... I guess I never learned that because I just shot arrows at them...

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

pentyne posted:

What if you could make/repair weapons at any place you could rest or pass time at, including a pile of wood you just plopped down and swung a torch at? You could still have the other system of blacksmiths, maybe they make better/traited weapons because that's the incentive for going to a town and not just having Link sharpen an iron sword with his teeth.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Depends how good the animation of Link sharpening his sword with his teeth is

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

If you press the wrong button, Link will eat the sword after crafting it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

YggiDee posted:

I just found out that a flaming torch drives off bees without making them aggressive.

Oh I just solved that problem with bombs, like every other thing in the game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I just learned you can drop bombs while paragliding...

:psyduck:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

:allears:. This game is so great

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sorry but how could you possibly not have known that

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Ardryn posted:

What if you could make/repair weapons at any place you could rest or pass time at, including a pile of wood you just plopped down and swung a torch at? You could still have the other system of blacksmiths, maybe they make better/traited weapons because that's the incentive for going to a town and not just having Link sharpen an iron sword with his teeth.

Dragon Quest XI has the mini forge and I like it but don’t think it would fit in the BoTW style game tbh

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

romanowski posted:

https://twitter.com/negaoryx/status/1075864711554461698?s=21

'...crucial.'

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

romanowski posted:

some people don't press every button to find out what they do in a video game. sad, i know, but it's the truth.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Dragon Quest XI has the mini forge and I like it but don’t think it would fit in the BoTW style game tbh

Yea part of the magic of botw is that the game flows very quickly because there isn't that much nitty gritty stuff to manage, compared to most open world games. It flows very smoothly without that part of most open world games where you spend fifteen minutes in your inventory shuffling stuff around. There's food for cooking, monster parts for armor, generic orbs for health/stamina, and that's it. Adding more Stuff to shuffle around increases the emphasis on the inventory/menu game. Like even durability is there so that disposable weapons can be the game's most prominent loot/reward flow, and while that has its drawbacks it keeps you moving instead of adding another set of Stuff to track.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 14, 2020

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I know this is entirely the point of these videos but like this just make the streamers in question looks so incompetent and stupid and insanely bad video games, this is giving me the same kind of brain chaffing that the Cuphead demo guy gave me. You have to be like “actively bad” at video games to be this bad

night slime
May 14, 2014
Bomb glider is cool because he look like he pooping out the bomb

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Just started Majora’s Mask. This game seems... different.

Currently wondering what happens when the time runs out, but I suppose I’ll figure that out... with time. :wink:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

you should try it and see what happens!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Amppelix posted:

you should try it and see what happens!

and post about it immediately

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

Smol posted:

Currently wondering what happens when the time runs out, but I suppose I’ll figure that out... with time. :wink:

Enjoy, let us know when you start thinking "DAWN OF THE FIRST DAY, 72 HOURS REMAIN" as your first thought when you wake in the morning.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Smol posted:

I played mm so much that it infiltrated my dreams and poisoned my soul. I still see the eyes.

Have fun!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Cartoon Man posted:

You can build fires around am enemy camp and use the updrafts to keep you aloft as you criss cross the base with bombing runs.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 14, 2020

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Bust Rodd posted:

I know this is entirely the point of these videos but like this just make the streamers in question looks so incompetent and stupid and insanely bad video games, this is giving me the same kind of brain chaffing that the Cuphead demo guy gave me. You have to be like “actively bad” at video games to be this bad

Nah; I never used the sidehop / flurry / backflip on two playthroughs unless explicitly required to.

It’s there if you want it but you don’t need it.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Bust Rodd posted:

She's being hyperbolic because she's a person that makes gameplay videos with their face on the screen

People itt have had the same experience without posting their facial expressions so pretty par for the course

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

PCjr sidecar posted:

Nah; I never used the sidehop / flurry / backflip on two playthroughs unless explicitly required to.

It’s there if you want it but you don’t need it.

That’s wild because I feel like that’s the single most redeeming part of the combat and the only reason I didn’t get bored

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

to be fair to the Cuphead demo guy he supposedly was talking to a rep and not really paying attention to the game, which makes a lot more sense than anyone being that bizarrely incompetent at a game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bust Rodd posted:

you could very easily play the game for a hundred hours without ever going to the kakariko shrine and if you don't know you can do certain moves there's no reason you'd ever try them, and you could probably be pretty successful even without them because combat in this game outside of maybe Lynels isn't all that demanding. It's not like the instructions came up and she just fumbled for hours with the basic task of "press left and X", she just never found the instructions until hours into her playthrough

also, like, she's clearly laughing at herself here, there's nothing wrong with it.

Smol posted:

very jealous of you getting to experience this game blind, it's one of those games where I wish I could unlearn everything I know about it and experience it for the first time all over again

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 14, 2020

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Bust Rodd posted:

That’s wild because I feel like that’s the single most redeeming part of the combat and the only reason I didn’t get bored

2nding this, fighting lynels feels like what people say the Souls games are supposed to feel like. It made the full suite of moves and tools useful, whereas other games just let you Drink Potion Mash B To Win.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Bust Rodd posted:

That’s fair, I just prefer mashing to combos and timing attacks; and that we can both enjoy it is why BoTW is great.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

I don't know what that person's experience with video games was at that point so I'm not really holding it against her but I would think you'd have to be pretty new to video games, or at least 3d melee combat games, to go 95 hours without once thinking that the jump button could function as a dodge during combat

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Bust Rodd posted:

She beat three divine beasts without these moves. She's not bad at video games.

romanowski posted:

I don't know what that person's experience with video games was at that point so I'm not really holding it against her but I would think you'd have to be pretty new to video games, or at least 3d melee combat games, to go 95 hours without once thinking that the jump button could function as a dodge during combat
Edit: I don't now anything else about her but I was curious how she could have missed this shrine (I assumed it must have been on the Plateau since it was so basic, but it obviously wasn't) and in the twitter thread she says she's never played any Zelda game before and so it's possible this kind of game is entirely something she's unfamiliar with.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Oct 14, 2020

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Hey screw you, dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

romanowski posted:

This is the part that is blowing my mind