Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

As a sidenote this Vodka is cheap and I'm drunk

Who is this Ballsman you all speak of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Yinlock posted:

there was infinity years of outrage in benghazi

never underestimate voter stupidity if you say something enough

that was because republicans controlled the house

the best thing democrats can do is to keep the few investigations that are actually going on running so republicans can't just say "we looked into it, found nothing (because we didn't actually look hard) case closed"

if dems can retake the house in 2018 then they can (and should because gently caress republicans) benghazi trump all the way until 2020

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump's best week.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Emails released to The Indianapolis Star, part of the USA TODAY Network, in response to a public records request show Pence communicated via his personal AOL account with top advisers on topics ranging from security gates at the governor’s residence to the state’s response to terror attacks across the globe. In one email, Pence’s top state homeland security adviser relayed an update from the FBI regarding the arrests of several men on federal terror-related charges.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

William Bear posted:

I think it's been said before, but it bears repeating: why just answer no? Why would Jeff Sessions risk being found to have not told the whole truth?

Just like with Flynn, I'm baffled why Sessions didn't just tell his side of the story early and avoid having it leaked, making it look like he had something to hide.

Why not just respond, "No, I did not meet with any Russian official while working for the Trump campaign, about the campaign. However, in the interest of full disclosure on this matter of great national interest, I did meet with the ambassador twice last year as part of my Senate duties, and while the election was not the purpose of our meetings, I cannot recall if it came up in our conversation briefly."

to be fair it was like 38 pages of questions but I don't think you can use that excuse when you're being confirmed as AG

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Origami Dali posted:

On somebody's encrypted laptop in Langley, there's a folder labeled "Trump poo poo" that contains every tasty morsel, including the piss tape.

it's not on a laptop, it's in the intelligence wiki

i'm not making that up by the way

there is an intelligence wiki

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

also they knew Pence's e-mail was hacked because his contacts got messages saying that he and his wife were stuck in the Philippines and needed money

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

William Bear posted:

I think it's been said before, but it bears repeating: why just answer no? Why would Jeff Sessions risk being found to have not told the whole truth?

Just like with Flynn, I'm baffled why Sessions didn't just tell his side of the story early and avoid having it leaked, making it look like he had something to hide.

Why not just respond, "No, I did not meet with any Russian official while working for the Trump campaign, about the campaign. However, in the interest of full disclosure on this matter of great national interest, I did meet with the ambassador twice last year as part of my Senate duties, and while the election was not the purpose of our meetings, I cannot recall if it came up in our conversation briefly."

because they are hiding secrets

the simplest answer

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

rudatron posted:

I've gone to the effort of bolding your incorrect assumption, please see me after class

Schnorkles posted:

How do you kick out the immigrants if you don't have government?

How do you bomb the terrorists? Put fuel in the planes? Put in requisition orders? Pay the troops? Bring them home when you get them killed on illthought missions?

How do you cut regulations without people identifying, rewriting, and consulting with legal and congress?

You need people

People are policy. Trump has no people.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Gringostar posted:

it's not on a laptop, it's in the intelligence wiki

i'm not making that up by the way

there is an intelligence wiki

I always saw intel guys loving around on irc when I was deployed lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

god dammit schnorkles, you're jinxed it again

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

:sad:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Schnorkles posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The entire republican security apparatus is literally telling them "lol no"

explain?

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

"Trump's playing golf again, isn't that funny? Shouldn't he be organizing aid to The Forbidden Zones of horror?"

"Oh no, not that one again, please let me die in pea-"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzKPO1nPOjk

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/837445435677634560

he's not wrong though

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

sullat posted:

I thought the bible said not to do this.

extremely millenial doing an extremely Jamie Lannister voice but not a very good impression: so many conflicting instructions in that dang thing

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

As a sidenote this beer is delicious and I'm drunk

gently caress, same!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Agrajag posted:

explain?

they're having problems finding appointments for even grunt tiers. No one wants to work there. Politico has done most of the reporting but there's been some in wapo too.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Schnorkles posted:

As a sidenote this beer is delicious and I'm drunk

ur drunk get em out

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agrajag posted:

ur drunk get em out

OUT

OUT

GETTEM OUT

TAKE THEIR GROWLERS

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

It got Flynns lunatic rear end fired so something is working

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

From a week ago -

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-trump-russia-congress-investigation-2017-2

quote:

A recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll found 53% of Americans agreed Congress should investigate contact between Russia and President Donald Trump's inner circle believed to have happened before the election.

Only 25% of people who responded to the NBC/WSJ poll believed Congress should stay out of it, and 21% did not have an opinion, the poll found.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Taco Duck posted:

Will whatever this is blunt the relatively positive bump Trump got from his idiotic speech

Epic High Five posted:

yeah, in the end nobody remembers SOTUs much less SOTU-lites

Except the people desperate to believe their decision to vote for a shitrag wasn't a colossal mistake. They'll cling to anything that gives them hope, even something as hilariously pathetic as a speech all about praising himself for poo poo he didn't actually do.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

The polls are in our hearts bill

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

there is no way he wrote any of those tweets by himself. with the possible exception of the "witch hunt" one.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

OUT

OUT

GETTEM OUT

TAKE THEIR GROWLERS

I have a delicious IPA this evening :3:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Schnorkles posted:

I have a delicious IPA this evening :3:

Vodka in honor of our russian overlords

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Gringostar posted:

god dammit schnorkles, you're jinxed it again

for my next act i will predict that trump will never resign

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug
I love the fact that in a situation where almost every politician never gives a direct answer the dude straight up said 'no'.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the kroger here sells a vodka from Prestige Distillery that's like $9 a handle and is just fine mixed up

hell yeah

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Even if Russia takes over I will never drink the vodka

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2016/06/01/no-mike-pence-not-stranded-phillipines/85257700/

June 1 2016

quote:

No, Gov. Mike Pence and his wife, Karen, are not stranded in the Philippines and don’t need you to wire them money.

Pence’s personal email was hacked by a scammer asking for money, and Pence has since changed the AOL account.

“Although I hear the Philippines is lovely this time of year, you may be relieved to know that we are safely in the Hoosier state and quite well,” Pence said in an email Wednesday to those who had received the fake communication. “All kidding aside, I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.”

The counterfeit email claimed the Pences had been attacked on their way back to their hotel, losing their money, bank cards and mobile phone.

“I’m urgently in need of some money to pay for our hotel bills and my flight ticket home, will definitely REFUND as soon as back home,” the fake email said. “Kindly let us know if you would be able to help us out so we can forward you the details required for wire transfer.”

So I guess the Indy Star knew of this scam story for a while now, and the new news was that the AOL account was being used to conduct official Gubernatorial business through.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

why are thise photoshopped ladies suckling man nips?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Stop living in the past.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Ckwiesr posted:

I love the fact that in a situation where almost every politician never gives a direct answer the dude straight up said 'no'.

and a lawyer :lol:

good window into how out of his depth sessions is

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
yo bill i thought we had to imagine polls didnt exist now u want them cmon son

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2016/06/01/no-mike-pence-not-stranded-phillipines/85257700/

June 1 2016

So I guess the Indy Star knew of this scam story for a while now, and the new news was that the AOL account was being used to conduct official Gubernatorial business through.

Yep, it's why "used private email for gov business" instantly became "use compromised private email for gov business"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Solarin posted:

and a lawyer :lol:

good window into how out of his depth sessions is

sessions has been politically irreverent since the late 80's when he chose the wrong side. not particularly surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

lol if ur email isn't compromised

• Locked thread