Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/837509193577947136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also the Ambassador here seems like a real fuckin' idiot overall

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Also how much you want to bet that this just leads to Trump starting an IC purge, because I have good odds on that happening

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Comey: *looking through fridge* hmm, terrorists, conspiracies, purple stuff, alright, sunny D!

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I seriously doubt the Russian ambassador was unaware that his phone calls were recorded

No it's not about the target knowing. Its about the IC disclosing to the public in an open way that they actively tapping these people.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

rudatron posted:

That only applies to democrats, turns out republicans can do whatever shady poo poo they want, like selling out the presidency to the Russians, and suffer absolutely no consequences for it

accountability and adherence to the law only applies to the center-left -> left

The last month has essentially been America having the dawning realization that their government runs on the honor system

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Anime fascism has gone too far

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rudatron posted:

Also how much you want to bet that this just leads to Trump starting an IC purge, because I have good odds on that happening

he would've done this a long time ago if he could have

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jeb! Repetition posted:

But I'll allow for the possibility that it's just politicians being politicians and I'm projecting.

You got it.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

We could have him on video selling secrets to Putin and it wouldn't lead to an impeachment

We need lots and lots of smoke to demoralize the GOP base and create a 2018 wave or else the country is loving deeeead

Once we get the House, THEN we can talk about comprehensive takedown strategies

oh yeah

which means if his taxes ever do leak the best time for it to happen would be a few weeks before the 2018 elections

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

rudatron posted:

The Day A Thousand Dead Man Switches Triggered

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gringostar posted:

oh yeah

which means if his taxes ever do leak the best time for it to happen would be a few weeks before the 2018 elections

Maybe, but to be honest I believe there's 2 years worth of headlines in his taxes

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Origami Dali posted:

I'm imagining a bunch of IC spooks wearing false mustaches following Trump surrogates around during the campaign and pointing shotgun mics at all of their conversations from behind potted plants.

Please stop discussing trade secrets

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
how was the tucker 'fuckboi' carson interview

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

rudatron posted:

he can't purge.

he has no employees, no appointees, no managers. He's relying on Obama people to make government work.

This is the problem, Bannon's lunacy has hamstrung his agenda. You can't just "purge" the agencies. They have to work.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that's what the bible says to do tho

I thought the bible said not to do this.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Also the Ambassador here seems like a real fuckin' idiot overall

turns out ejecting the best and brightest from your country because it's poo poo has consequences!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chokes McGee posted:

yeah but so is drakengaaaaaaaaahahahahahah nope couldn't do it

(for reals tho I maintain this entire election was written by Taro Yoko)

Nerds ruin even an impeachment

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/02/mike-pence-private-email/98637782/

:eyepop:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

he can't purge.

he has no employees, no appointees, no managers. He's relying on Obama people to make government work.

This is the problem, Bannon's lunacy has hamstrung his agenda. You can't just "purge" the agencies. They have to work.

And now that his rep is solidified, nobody wants to work for him.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Solarin posted:

the problem here being 'about the 2016 election' though when the news broke yesterday I think somebody on his staff confirmed they talked about election issues

I think it's been said before, but it bears repeating: why just answer no? Why would Jeff Sessions risk being found to have not told the whole truth?

Just like with Flynn, I'm baffled why Sessions didn't just tell his side of the story early and avoid having it leaked, making it look like he had something to hide.

Why not just respond, "No, I did not meet with any Russian official while working for the Trump campaign, about the campaign. However, in the interest of full disclosure on this matter of great national interest, I did meet with the ambassador twice last year as part of my Senate duties, and while the election was not the purpose of our meetings, I cannot recall if it came up in our conversation briefly."

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

And now that his rep is solidified, nobody wants to work for him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The only people Mattis can get for DOD are Democrats who are willing to take one for the team because they want to save the agency. The entire republican security apparatus is literally telling them "lol no"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I'm the journalist following-up a statement by my interview subject with "Right."

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

gently caress me we're legit watching the death of our nation aren't we

My Mark Levin devotee father won't truly pick up on the gravity of it for another decade, not til he's on his deathbed, and even then he'll just wax philosophical and claim duty and ignorance

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That DICK! posted:

I'm the journalist following-up a statement by my interview subject with "Right."

It's a Democracy Now interview but on cable news

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the IC is having an unprecedented Shitrush

THERE'S poo poo IN THEM HILLS. WE'RE RICH I TELLS YA

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Robert Plant posted:

My Mark Levin devotee father won't truly pick up on the gravity of it for another decade, not til he's on his deathbed, and even then he'll just wax philosophical and claim duty and ignorance

Make sure the last things he sees are the Master Levin videos

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

Maybe, but to be honest I believe there's 2 years worth of headlines in his taxes

:agreed:

but there's probably not 2 years worth of voter outrage in his taxes

i don't doubt we'll see them, but right now the IC is just focused on damaging the people that could actually gently caress them up

that's the thing to remember, this is more about the IC being able to actually survive than it is about trying to take down trump himself

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

How do you kick out the immigrants if you don't have government?

How do you bomb the terrorists? Put fuel in the planes? Put in requisition orders? Pay the troops? Bring them home when you get them killed on illthought missions?

How do you cut regulations without people identifying, rewriting, and consulting with legal and congress?

You need people

People are policy. Trump has no people.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

As a sidenote this beer is delicious and I'm drunk

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

sessions is bad a damage control, hooo boy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gringostar posted:

:agreed:

but there's probably not 2 years worth of voter outrage in his taxes

i don't doubt we'll see them, but right now the IC is just focused on damaging the people that could actually gently caress them up

that's the thing to remember, this is more about the IC being able to actually survive than it is about trying to take down trump himself

there was infinity years of outrage in benghazi

never underestimate voter stupidity if you say something enough

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

:discourse:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Schnorkles posted:

As a sidenote this beer is delicious and I'm drunk

:yeah:

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
On somebody's encrypted laptop in Langley, there's a folder labeled "Trump poo poo" that contains every tasty morsel, including the piss tape.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Robert Plant posted:

"Trump's playing golf again, isn't that funny? Shouldn't he be organizing aid to The Forbidden Zones of horror?"

"Oh no, not that one again, please let me die in pea-"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzKPO1nPOjk

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

his response was "no", that's the most accurate the answer could possibly be

also lol at trump suddenly trying to sound reasonable when pappa nazi is in the hot seat

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

I've gone to the effort of bolding your incorrect assumption, please see me after class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Origami Dali posted:

On somebody's encrypted laptop in Langley, there's a folder labeled "Trump poo poo" that contains every tasty morsel, including the piss tape.

it's labeled "trump poo poo" but it's actually piss

• Locked thread