Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

yippeekiyaymf posted:

One of my villagers regularly goes to the cannon and fires it. It’s adorable.

This is one of my favorite new things about New Horizons is how your villagers will interact with many of the things you place around the island.

Despite all of the new next-gen games and consoles, Animal Crossing NH is still my go to game every single day and the title I play the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

https://twitter.com/GoonStonks/status/1327686060067876865

Today was Muffy's last day on my island, so we threw her a goth Karaoke goodbye party, the last dance of the full Spooky Mage Sisters pop group.

If you'd like to add a Goth Sheep Seamstress to your island, let me know and she's all yours

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Black Robe posted:

If you use amiibo to invite a new villager you can replace whoever you please.

If someone random is in your campsite you have to go through their minigames and dialogue and whatever else until they offer to replace someone and if it's not the villager you want immediately close out of the game without saving BEFORE ENDING THE DIALOGUE and try again. The game autosaves as soon as you end the dialogue so if you finish the conversation they'll always offer to replace the same one. If you close out before the save you can keep trying until they pick the one you want.

There is currently no way to deliberately get rid of a villager without having a replacement waiting in the campsite. There's a chance they'll decide to move out on their own and ask you if you think they should but that only happens once every few weeks and there's no way to pick who wants to go.

All the stuff about ignoring them, smacking them with a net etc doesn't work.

So amiibo, then go through the minigame stuff, then savescum to replace the right person?
That seems like a lot of effort to get rid of a trash goblin, but as long as I never have to hear about my villagers hearing voices from bugs or how they dipped something in gravy, licked all the gravy off, and then gave it to me, or how they waited outside my house for days, it's a small price to pay

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

https://twitter.com/GoonStonks/status/1327686060067876865

Today was Muffy's last day on my island, so we threw her a goth Karaoke goodbye party, the last dance of the full Spooky Mage Sisters pop group.

If you'd like to add a Goth Sheep Seamstress to your island, let me know and she's all yours

Can you pick someone up when your island is full?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

So amiibo, then go through the minigame stuff, then savescum to replace the right person?
That seems like a lot of effort to get rid of a trash goblin, but as long as I never have to hear about my villagers hearing voices from bugs or how they dipped something in gravy, licked all the gravy off, and then gave it to me, or how they waited outside my house for days, it's a small price to pay

Can you pick someone up when your island is full?

Sadly no, you'll need an open plot of land on your island

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

The Door Frame posted:

No, with amiibos you can choose who to replace. Amiibo visitors need to be called 3 times, and each time you DIY something for them. Random campsite visitors choose someone random.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Have a duplicate Forest Flooring recipe (:argh:) if anyone wants to trade for any other mushroom recipe (except wand, partition, lamp, wreath)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Another solo performance tonight, just me and KK. Sorry buddy, I only have one villager at the moment with the music hobby and she was crafting, apparently nobody else gives a gently caress.

It's a shame Tom and Isabelle can't come hang out as they're both actually fans. It wouldn't hurt for Resident Services to close at 6pm on concert nights. Then again in an ideal world the concerts would be on Sunday evenings and KK would show up at noon after Daisy Mae leaves, it's a bit of a waste of a visitor slot otherwise.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

This is one of my favorite new things about New Horizons is how your villagers will interact with many of the things you place around the island.

Despite all of the new next-gen games and consoles, Animal Crossing NH is still my go to game every single day and the title I play the most.

I think my villagers like to mess with me because the amount of times they just sit their rear end on the floor right next to multiple benches is amazing. I've also seen them sit backwards on the arcade seats in my little outdoor arcade area.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Black Robe posted:

Another solo performance tonight, just me and KK. Sorry buddy, I only have one villager at the moment with the music hobby and she was crafting, apparently nobody else gives a gently caress.

It's a shame Tom and Isabelle can't come hang out as they're both actually fans. It wouldn't hurt for Resident Services to close at 6pm on concert nights. Then again in an ideal world the concerts would be on Sunday evenings and KK would show up at noon after Daisy Mae leaves, it's a bit of a waste of a visitor slot otherwise.

They just need to give Isabelle more to do in general. I was so happy to see her enjoying the fireworks.

She's hardworking, let her have vacation days dammit!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Honestly who would complain if Ables was shut on a sunday and maybe after 12 maybe resident services/nooks. Then they could all wander around the island a bit.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
They should get "lunch hours" and wander the island every day at like noon

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Noon and Sundays are good times to play but I am on board with that concept

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

With the exception of the museum each of the major buildings has two people working in it, you could have certain hours where only one of them is working.

You could give them all extra dialogue, hear what Tom Nook has too say about island assessments, see Mabel get flustered when dealing with customers, that sort of thing.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Honestly who would complain if Ables was shut on a sunday and maybe after 12 maybe resident services/nooks. Then they could all wander around the island a bit.

Sable would complain (no mean comments about my friend Sable, please).

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Pulsarcat posted:

With the exception of the museum each of the major buildings has two people working in it, you could have certain hours where only one of them is working.

You could give them all extra dialogue, hear what Tom Nook has too say about island assessments, see Mabel get flustered when dealing with customers, that sort of thing.

This would be good too. As for Blathers, he could at least come and sit outside by the museum door in the evenings, so he'd still be there to take stuff if you needed him but wasn't just lurking in the hallway. They didn't even give him a desk.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
As Blathers is my favorite character, since we have very similar background and feelings about being awake during daylight hours, I support this. It would be nice if Blathers and Celeste could interact when she visits, too.

OTHER THINGS I WOULD ADD TO VILLAGER INTERACTIONS(ish):
- A setting where you can make all the villagers do that "march around singing" animation all the time because it's the cutest loving thing.
- The ability to trigger villager questions through a menu text option. STOP ASKING ME WHAT MY ALTS LIKE TO EAT, ASK ME FOR ONCE!
- Clues for treasure hunting if you ask the villager who gave you the quest (also make that poo poo an actual challenge even if your island is full; I have so many flowers that it takes me like 20 seconds to find a treasure.)
- Additional announcements, both with and without actual content/purpose, for Isabelle.
- Gift reactions/rejections. I know something like this triggers if you try to give a villager money, but it would be nice for a little more dynamism. Like, if a Cranky villager doesn't have a high opinion of the gift, they could be like, "I got no use for this, kiddo. Why don't you hold on to it?" Or you have to convince Normals to accept the gift because they're too polite, Snootys can be like "this is some ratchet poo poo and I don't want it," etc.
- Make it easier to change nicknames. I just became "muffin" and I loving hate it.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

As Blathers is my favorite character, since we have very similar background and feelings about being awake during daylight hours, I support this. It would be nice if Blathers and Celeste could interact when she visits, too.

OTHER THINGS I WOULD ADD TO VILLAGER INTERACTIONS(ish):
- A setting where you can make all the villagers do that "march around singing" animation all the time because it's the cutest loving thing.
- The ability to trigger villager questions through a menu text option. STOP ASKING ME WHAT MY ALTS LIKE TO EAT, ASK ME FOR ONCE!
- Clues for treasure hunting if you ask the villager who gave you the quest (also make that poo poo an actual challenge even if your island is full; I have so many flowers that it takes me like 20 seconds to find a treasure.)
- Additional announcements, both with and without actual content/purpose, for Isabelle.
- Gift reactions/rejections. I know something like this triggers if you try to give a villager money, but it would be nice for a little more dynamism. Like, if a Cranky villager doesn't have a high opinion of the gift, they could be like, "I got no use for this, kiddo. Why don't you hold on to it?" Or you have to convince Normals to accept the gift because they're too polite, Snootys can be like "this is some ratchet poo poo and I don't want it," etc.
- Make it easier to change nicknames. I just became "muffin" and I loving hate it.

I would absolutely love to see Blathers and Celeste interact. She mentions him in some of her dialogue but as far as I can tell he doesn't get any unique lines when she's visiting. Nerd siblings are best siblings.

There could be regular parades for the marching-around-singing thing. Or it could be part of the ceremony for opening new poo poo. I'd say welcoming visitors but that would be a nightmare for turnip sellers; maybe welcoming your friends?

I would like an option to forbid my villagers from asking about my alt. You have no reason to care what the creepy weirdo living in the trash pile likes to watch on TV, they don't have a TV and there's a reason they don't talk to any of you.

Isabelle should at the very least announce which visitor you have. Aren't travelling merchants more newsworthy than her finding a lost sock?

The gift reaction thing would also be useful for determining what villagers will actually use/wear. I've been giving out a lot of clothing recently, and mostly I seem to have made good choices but Lucky and Vivian both have shirts on display in their house now, which I assume means 'god I hate this but I don't want to hurt your feelings by actually throwing it out' :saddowns: I'd be happier if they gently and politely gave it back to me. And I don't want to give much in the way of furniture because I can't tell what they'll actually do with it.

Also please remove the villagers asking you to come up with custom secret greetings, I'm not that creative but they get so sad if you refuse.

Nicknames I got lucky with, a couple still call me Vitamin D which could be so much worse but most of them are using the one I picked out now. I can't remember which awful one I turned down.

I'd also like to be able to reset specific clothing items rather than all or nothing. Annalisa has quite a few nice things so I don't want to wipe everything but Klaus gifted her a truly ugly top before he left that looks awful on her and she wears it all the time :argh:

And of course being able to customise their homes a bit, if I can dictate what clothes they wear I don't see why I can't swap some of their furniture around or paint their roof.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Black Robe posted:

The gift reaction thing would also be useful for determining what villagers will actually use/wear. I've been giving out a lot of clothing recently, and mostly I seem to have made good choices but Lucky and Vivian both have shirts on display in their house now, which I assume means 'god I hate this but I don't want to hurt your feelings by actually throwing it out' :saddowns: I'd be happier if they gently and politely gave it back to me. And I don't want to give much in the way of furniture because I can't tell what they'll actually do with it.

They will replace items that are the same type and size. Occasionally, they will do something weird like face the laptop towards the wall on a coffee table. But if the villager has been gifted a lot of items, they will swap them and move them around from day to day

Ankha has a 3x3 pyramid in her house. You can give her a teacup ride or a godzilla and she will replace it

http://nookstop.ssmvc.org/house.html

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Spellman posted:

They will replace items that are the same type and size. Occasionally, they will do something weird like face the laptop towards the wall on a coffee table. But if the villager has been gifted a lot of items, they will swap them and move them around from day to day

Ankha has a 3x3 pyramid in her house. You can give her a teacup ride or a godzilla and she will replace it

http://nookstop.ssmvc.org/house.html

Ooh, this looks really useful. Thanks.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Reiley posted:

Sable would complain (no mean comments about my friend Sable, please).

Label can cover half a shift damnit!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I just want campsite visitors to come out of their bloody tent and walk around the campsite I designed to look more appealing for them to bloody use.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Selfishly I only gift villagers to get a chance at their photos.

Is there any negative to only talking to those who I have photos of and not gifting them anything?

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Is there any negative to only talking to those who I have photos of and not gifting them anything?

Not really. Gifting is just a way to increase friendship points but if you've got their photo you should be near the max friendship level already. You still get +1 friendship just for talking to them each day.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I think I'm experiencing my first case of Moveout Remorse! Alice asked to go for the second time so I said "okay" because including her I have three Normals and I want to move Ankha in, but now I'm sad. Alice was one of my favorites and she definitely had the cutest wardrobe and the best house. :smith:

So, anyways, she'll be in boxes tomorrow. Please come and get her when she's packing up!
So, not sure what adventures she's been up to the last couple months, but.....

We will take good care of her.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Slugworth posted:

So, not sure what adventures she's been up to the last couple months, but.....

We will take good care of her.

oh my loving GOD

I'm legit tearing up. You found my girl!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

uhhh if she compliments your tits, that's a traditional Sharkfarts greeting, just FYI.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

uhhh if she compliments your tits, that's a traditional Sharkfarts greeting, just FYI.
I'd expect nothing less. Lemme know if you ever wanna come visit her!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Really wondering how involved the Harvest Festival is gonna be. We're halfway through the month now so I'm "expecting" news about the next update to hit sooner rather than later. If it's similar to how it worked in the GCN version then there's really no prep needed but the New Leaf version I remember it was quite an event that needed some preparation of fruit and the like before the actual day in order to make sure you had a perfect event go off for Franklin.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
If it’s anything like the Halloween event, it’ll likely not need that much prep for (at least in the way goons hoard in video games).

That’s the thing I keep getting whiplash over. Some events like the Halloween celebration and the Easter one seem to go on for way too long and don’t require weeks of prep.

Then you get the mushroom and cherry blossom events that feel near impossible to acquire all the recipes for. Pick a pace people!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Maple leaves are likely gonna start flying tomorrow, be prepared to pop some balloons. I’m not going to miss half the recipes like I did with the cherry blossom festival!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Maple leaves are likely gonna start flying tomorrow, be prepared to pop some balloons. I’m not going to miss half the recipes like I did with the cherry blossom festival!

Yeah I purposely made sure to get all the mushroom DIYs before tomorrow so I could focus on the Maple Leaf stuff. Bring 'em on, I'm ready to farm me some balloons!

Mykroft
Aug 25, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Really wondering how involved the Harvest Festival is gonna be. We're halfway through the month now so I'm "expecting" news about the next update to hit sooner rather than later. If it's similar to how it worked in the GCN version then there's really no prep needed but the New Leaf version I remember it was quite an event that needed some preparation of fruit and the like before the actual day in order to make sure you had a perfect event go off for Franklin.

I’m wondering if the announcement not happening yet means the speculation about more veggies that work similar to pumpkins won’t happen since we’re running out of runway to have stuff grown by the end of the month.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Prepping fruit? Please tell me it doesn't require all five types :ohdear:

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Since people seemed to be okay with me posting more wedding photoshoots, here are some more of the weddings we've had during the month in Buttopia:

Gnomish Picnic Wedding
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1325506452052586496
Failed Moon Heist Wedding
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1322231232172732417
Water Treatment Plant Wedding
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1321135135719260161
Alpaca Soup Wedding
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1317509141418500097
Honey I Shrunk the Wedding
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1322231485668057089
Worst Camping Honeymoon (Or a Thinly Veiled Excuse to Hunt Bigfoot)
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1323736435007000576
Married to His Work Honeymoon
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1325856342473543680
And last but not least, Traditional Buttopian Wedding
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1316942092153819137

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i have way way way way too much crap and my house inventory got full so I'm just going to let people swarm over my island like locusts to take what they want

as per usual Scabb Island has no laws. items are on the raised area at the south west.

code is 21BJD and its going in here cuz i don't give a gently caress who you are get rid of this loving junk!!!

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah I purposely made sure to get all the mushroom DIYs before tomorrow so I could focus on the Maple Leaf stuff. Bring 'em on, I'm ready to farm me some balloons!

How?? I have popped tons of balloons and still have only gotten ONE mushroom DIY. :cry:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Melicious posted:

How?? I have popped tons of balloons and still have only gotten ONE mushroom DIY. :cry:

During this month I checked for balloons while I had my breakfast. I walked up and down my beach when the clock was at xx:x5 and xx:x0 and checked for balloons. Balloons spawn on one beach in the morning, and from the other beach in the evening. They switch at 6 local time. They reach the beach at time increments of 5 or 6 and 0 and 1, depending on wind speed.

A couple times I checked the beaches at night too, and I got the last one a few days ago.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

With Balloons there's about a 15 percent chance of it containing a seasonal DIY that you haven't currently learned out of a pool available in a given time of the year.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Melicious posted:

I have the mush lamp and the wreath as doubles if you want them? I’m struggling to get the rest as well :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

I'm apparently having a super lucky day so come share in it! Apollo is currently making a cute rose crown which is something I didn't have!

Dodo code: closed

Come help yourself to the DIY! Say hello to our newest villagers Bud, Julian, and Phoebe! Shake my trees and get some bees!

(If you have any spare autumn or mushroom recipes I will take those off your hands >_>)

ChickenDoodle fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 16, 2020