Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you don't start feeding Mamluks/Ottomans to The Knights, I don't even know what to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Please tell me what all the good DLC to Crusader Kings 2 is.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Legacy of Rome, Sword of Islam if you wanna play Muslims, and the old gods. Sunset invasion is sometimes fun. Sons of Abraham is basically an event mod.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Please tell me what all the good DLC to Crusader Kings 2 is.

It;s worse than EU4 with the whole DLC makes not owning it lovely thing. You can't play as any of the interesting characters really without the DLC.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ok, then which is the ones I should get? Thanks to the first answerer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Ok, then which is the ones I should get? Thanks to the first answerer.

All of them

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm not going to buy all of them, especially not the Charlemagne one everyone said ruins the game.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Charlemagne ruined the game via the free patch anyway. I'd say the crucial ones are legacy of Rome and The Old Gods. Legacy of Rome gives you retinues, old gods gives you playable pagans which is fun.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'm playing brandenburg for the first time and about 30 years in I notice that this happened

Jackie D fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 21, 2015

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

old gods is prob the best since pagans are neat and the 867 start is less hosed up than the 700s start

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm not going to buy all of them, especially not the Charlemagne one everyone said ruins the game.

Buy EU4.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

an event made 6000 peasant rebels rise up in my first colony which had 50 settlers in it, amazing

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Man. Now i wanna do papal states. or regular italy i guess.... did they really change it so that you don't turn into a monarchy when you form Italy or do I have to do the dictatorship exploit to keep Ambrosian Republic?

Unfortunately Ambrosian Republic no longer has the cool ruler title though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

The problem is that Charlemange/RoI poo poo that just makes the game shittier/run worse can't be turned off without reverting like 800 patches.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

Man. Now i wanna do papal states. or regular italy i guess.... did they really change it so that you don't turn into a monarchy when you form Italy or do I have to do the dictatorship exploit to keep Ambrosian Republic?

Unfortunately Ambrosian Republic no longer has the cool ruler title though

Yes

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
You get the title at king level

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's actually more unique ruler titles than ever, they just aren't tied to government form alone any more. You can get them from different ranks, gov types/forms, cultures, and religion. It's pretty cool in my opinion.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lmao, just got massively hosed over. Declared war on Livonian Order, allied with Teutonic Order a few times so I could chip away at both of them and eventually vassalise. In latest war I could vassalise Livonian Order but not Teutonic Order, since they were still too big, but I noticed they would accept diplomatic vassalisation. End the war, send Teutons gifts, every diplomatic option possible to get 190 relations with them, was still 11 shy. Decide to sell them one of their provinces back thinking I might get the "returned core" modifier. Didn't. Consequently their economic base went up enough to the point they would no longer vassalise. Fast forward 5 years later, I get an event that gives me +60 relations with them, up to 200. Goddamnit. Now I have to declare at least one more (probably two) to vassalise them before I can go after Jerusalem.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Finally!

Now to take on the Ottomans.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
wuss

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the poopy state

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't even know what to tell you if your idea of 'completing' that achievement is having 3 insanely lovely and weak marches. You should Catholicize the dirty heretics in Eastern Europe with the Orders, at least. As god intended.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Can the pope become an emperor title

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Average Bear posted:

I know regular theocracies cant. I didn't read the text for Kingdom of God very closely though. Would be cool if that upgraded you. Speaking of which I really wish that decision was a formable that renamed you into the Kingdom of Heaven or something cool like that.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

I know regular theocracies cant. I didn't read the text for Kingdom of God very closely though. Would be cool if that upgraded you. Speaking of which I really wish that decision was a formable that renamed you into the Kingdom of Heaven or something cool like that.

I've wanted that for forever

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

i did that decision in eu3 and was so disappointed i'm not sure i've actually played Pope since, or in eu4 at all. maybe I'll go for the new achievement in my next game.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I changed my localization in EU3 to change PAP to display Kingdom of God lmao

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

huh it feels like there's something wrong with this game but i cant put my finger on it

thats better

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its your mods

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

its your mods

yeah

strong bird
May 12, 2009

OKAND

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
The Teutons are super fun. good achievement. i recommend

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KoldPT posted:

The Teutons are super fun. good achievement. i recommend

Yeah. TO used to suck b.c. they had Ugly Borders and would get stomped, but the map changes raised their income by a lot, plus that whole region just looks better.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Their ideas are still mostly bad.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tolerance of the true faith +1 aww yiss aww hell to the moyherfuckin yisss!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Been sitting on this bad war for a few days just being annoyed at how bad I hosed up. Loaded up today and changed subject tactic to supportive and took out 5 loans. Might be able to come out of this with my skin.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

loving hate how dumb the AI is. Was in a battle where I had numbers but an enemy force was closing in. Austria, who would have made the battle even stops and turns around one province away to join their other stack further away and by the time the battle is over and I lose they get there and are outnumbered and killed as well.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Muscovy are massive loving wankers. They occupied a bunch of useless lithuanian crap and then sat at the edge of poland sieging some nonsense noone wanted instead of the objective I gave them and only once moved to join a battle at the very end that only barely saved my skin. Got away by the skin of my teeth bu had to pay reparations and ducats. Sigh.

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't even know what to tell you if your idea of 'completing' that achievement is having 3 insanely lovely and weak marches. You should Catholicize the dirty heretics in Eastern Europe with the Orders, at least. As god intended.

Calm down. In order to actually vassalise them you have to split them up in little pieces first. You can only take so many provinces for them for yourself before OE kicks in (you can't core them) and rebels have been a huge problem. I've just finished giving them back their provinces, now I can help them expand.

Also tried a war against Ottomans, allied with buff Persia, Crimea and Aq. My alliance of Lithuania, Poland, Austria and Spain got soundly beaten, the Ottomans alone had double our collective navy and as much army as all of us put together. Gonna be a long, slow process to get Jerusalem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Average Bear posted:

Nope.