Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Agents are GO! posted:

Like I'm going to trust a poll by Orcs. :rolleyes:

They just want to trun states red so they'll go faster.

you shut your mouth you racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Agents are GO! posted:

They just want to trun states red so they'll go faster.

Literally accelerationism

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TyrantWD posted:

Tonight's debate will be a good barometer of how competent the Hillary campaign is.

Pence is a trained, disciplined politician who is going to come out swinging, armed with all the attacks Ailes and Bannon have ever fantasized about delivering. If the campaign has drilled Kaine well enough to turn the tables on a berserking Pence, I'll be a lot more confident in their ability to see out the next 5 weeks. On the other hand, if we see Kaine spend the entire night defending attacks on Hillary, the media narrative will flip, and the Trump campaign halts its death spiral when they aren't playing defense.

Yeah I'm sure it'll be super important

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/40-percent-americans-vp-candidates/story?id=42497013

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Kaine should just yield all his time to Pence and play sweet harmonica riffs throughout the entire debate.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

Phone posted:

yeah, clinton's hosed as soon as everyone reads Assange's new book available October 17th on Amazon for either hardcover or Kindle versions. After once you read Assange's new book that comes out on October 17th on Amazon in hardcover and Kindle, it's going to completely demolish the Clinton campaign because inside of Assange's new book that comes out on October 17th on Amazon in both hardcover and Kindle variants there are spooky secrets that Hillary Clinton doesn't want you to know.

That date feels familiar... Wait a minute https://www.aklagare.se/en/nyheter--press/press-releases/?id=28&newsId=9845A9A4196DD718

All this is literally just preparations for a big distraction on the day he's finally going to be interviewed by the Swedish prosecutor.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/05/n...times&smtyp=cur

Maybe Cuomo the Lessor and Christie can share a jail cell... That would be amazing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

To everyone saying lol vp debates don't matter, you're half wrong. Maddow brought this up last night. It doesn't have much of a polling impact, sure, but it can be a big morale boost. Case in point: Biden clowning on Ryan. Obama got destroyed in the first debate, and the dems needed a boost. Biden delivered. It also happened in 84 and 04 after the sitting president stumbled in the first debate.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Am I the only one checking PEC and 538 multiple times throughout the day and watching the number go higher and higher?

It's glorious. PEC has the distribution chart of all possible outcomes where Trump could possibly get 270 EV and it's in the green sub-5% section, not even in the blue 95% area anymore.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

iospace posted:

To everyone saying lol vp debates don't matter, you're half wrong. Maddow brought this up last night. It doesn't have much of a polling impact, sure, but it can be a big morale boost. Case in point: Biden clowning on Ryan. Obama got destroyed in the first debate, and the dems needed a boost. Biden delivered. It also happened in 84 and 04 after the sitting president stumbled in the first debate.

I doubt Mike "Let's introduce legislation to make the X-men illegal" Pence can offer much of a morale boost for the Republicans, and the Dems don't really need one right now.

But if Kaine does stomp his rear end, I'll be more than happy to have another cool thing to be smug about.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AliceOllstein/status/783344827870085120

Uh... huh. :raise:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Even George W Bush would've been embarrassed at this.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

This will probably earn him cred with legit isolationists.

All three of them.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Not sure I like security through ignorance approach to international relations.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

bad at geography *and* history, hes two idiots for the price of one

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Hahah, literally the explanation posited by some people in this thread, now straight from the horse's rear end

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

emdash posted:

Hahah, literally the explanation posited by some people in this thread, now straight from the horse's rear end

Seriously. people in this thread could probably do a better job at being a GOP strategist than the actual GOP strategists.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Leaving aside the obvious idiocy of the statement, could Dubya even find Iraq or Afghanistan on a map?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The 'if I can't see you, you can't see me' theory of international relations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I'm so glad that's how things have turned out all those other times in the past that we've elected idiots who don't know geography.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
I think that Trump's supporters will be looking to the VP debate as a kind of morale boost, like how the left treated Biden's utter clowning of Ryan in that debate.

With that said, I do really hope that Kaine takes Pence to task over Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You can be attacked by a country you can't find.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

WampaLord posted:

I doubt Mike "Let's introduce legislation to make the X-men illegal" Pence can offer much of a morale boost for the Republicans, and the Dems don't really need one right now.

But if Kaine does stomp his rear end, I'll be more than happy to have another cool thing to be smug about.

There are probably some republicans looking at Pence, going "Trump is a lunatic , but if he get impached on day one anyhow, I can vote for Pence". Then again, it is more likely that Pence is so bland, they can't be bothered to vote for the off chance Trump ending in jail.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/783351102838276097
:getin:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

greatn posted:

You can be attacked by a country you can't find.

Indeed. Ask the Mongols.

Brutal.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Republicans can't get a morale boost from Pence because Republicans hate other Republicans.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Pence is a goober who only looks good in comparison to Trump. And I'm not sure how big of a morale boost you can get since I doubt most Trumpkins can even name the VP nominee (and I doubt most people who plan to vote Dem can name Kaine).

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
If anyone needs a new avatar after weirdos get into their feelings, I humbly present to you Corn Cob Man from the WiiWare game "Chick Chick Boom." He appears and then everyone shoots at him.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

iospace posted:

And one of the most legendary burns in modern political history was delivered right when it was needed in the 1988 VP debate, to no effect whatsoever. Romney's polls moved up after the VP debate, and Obama's didn't shift.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Dexo posted:

Seriously. people in this thread could probably do a better job at being a GOP strategist than the actual GOP strategists.

Current GOP media strategy:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Instant Sunrise posted:

I think that Trump's supporters will be looking to the VP debate as a kind of morale boost, like how the left treated Biden's utter clowning of Ryan in that debate.

With that said, I do really hope that Kaine takes Pence to task over Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Pretty funny that these GOP voters looking for a "change" or something "new and different to shake up washington" are relying on a george w bush republican like Pence for a morale boost.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Leaving aside the obvious idiocy of the statement, could Dubya even find Iraq or Afghanistan on a map?

It's a shame the USA is so large because security through obscurity works. When was the last time someone attacked Tahiti?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I care way too much about politics and I have to struggle to think of Tim Kaine so that's not a huge dig.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Your Boy Fancy posted:

If anyone needs a new avatar after weirdos get into their feelings, I humbly present to you Corn Cob Man from the WiiWare game "Chick Chick Boom." He appears and then everyone shoots at him.

Hey, instead of banning the people in the Trump toxx thread, can we just permanently and irrevocably give them this avatar forever?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

can't argue with that flawless logic.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

looks like crosstabs are back on the menu, boys

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

SO excited for the Kaine Train to run down generic GOP statesman #23

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

djw175 posted:

Hey, instead of banning the people in the Trump toxx thread, can we just permanently and irrevocably give them this avatar forever?

His idea is better. Go with his idea.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

TyrantWD posted:

Tonight's debate will be a good barometer of how competent the Hillary campaign is.

Pence is a trained, disciplined politician who is going to come out swinging, armed with all the attacks Ailes and Bannon have ever fantasized about delivering. If the campaign has drilled Kaine well enough to turn the tables on a berserking Pence, I'll be a lot more confident in their ability to see out the next 5 weeks. On the other hand, if we see Kaine spend the entire night defending attacks on Hillary, the media narrative will flip, and the Trump campaign halts its death spiral when they aren't playing defense.

This is what Pence has been saying to himself in the mirror every morning for the past week.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

davebo posted:

It's a shame the USA is so large because security through obscurity works. When was the last time someone attacked Tahiti?

1996! (World War 1 if you don't count nuclear bombs from testing as an attack)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

I think he will. I'm optimistic for tonight. Kaine may be boring, but he's a really canny political actor who's way smarter than people give him credit for. Pence is kind of a dullard. I'm expecting a fun evening.

• Locked thread