Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

TulliusCicero posted:

Why did Jared get a billion from the Saudi's Donny, right around the time of the Mar A Lago raid? :thunk:

This is a gross mischaracterization of events and a slipshod generalization that I can't let pass.

Jared got two billion from the Saudis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Doodoo Hobo

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Aramis posted:

I'm reasonably sure it's just concord grapes which are not really popular, but still very much non-extinct.

This is correct. They’re also pretty expensive iirc

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

New thread's up!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4051545

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

This is correct. They’re also pretty expensive iirc

Before knowing this, one of my least proud moment (I was young, ok) was being served a glass of a concord-based wine and reacting poorly at what I thought was clear-cut fake grape flavoring. Lesson learned.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 11, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

This handy graphic from Fox explains the clear difference between the criminal money for Hunter and the ethical payment for Trump.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Stoatbringer posted:

This handy graphic from Fox explains the clear difference between the criminal money for Hunter and the ethical payment for Trump.

whoa

whoa.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

!!

mystes
May 31, 2006

Stoatbringer posted:

lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Stoatbringer posted:

Yea but China got at least $80 million in services out of Trump. He gave them a bargain!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Stoatbringer posted:

fair and balanced

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The bad book podcast If Books Could Kill has just released their episode on The Art of the Deal. The podcast is done by two fairly left guys and they talk about a lot of bad "airport" books, like they've done Freakanomics and Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Stoatbringer posted:

Concerning.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Aramis posted:

I'm reasonably sure it's just concord grapes which are not really popular, but still very much non-extinct.

Check Trader Joe’s in August, they should have a hybrid called Thomcord grapes. Same Concord flavor, no seeds.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I can't get over this wide stance, trying his best to not fall over on camera.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Mods please probe anyone who starts and continues a goddamned self-checkout derail, this is the thread for loling at a mush-brained criminal rapist and child molestor who somehow became president of the United States and served room-temperature McDonald's to a football team and thought it was the greatest thing in the world.

And also gawking at the GOP freakshow, I guess.

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Aramis posted:

I looked it up, because I was sure I remembered reading an article about it. You are correct. The Concord is the basis for the American grape flavor because they were native to America and what Americans were used to before we got our European grapes established here.

I was thinking of fake banana flavor.

https://www.thedailymeal.com/1155067/banana-candy-does-taste-like-bananas-just-not-the-kind-you-know/

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

lol!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mad Hamish posted:

Mods please probe anyone who starts and continues a goddamned self-checkout derail, this is the thread for loling at a mush-brained criminal rapist and child molestor who somehow became president of the United States and served room-temperature McDonald's to a football team and thought it was the greatest thing in the world.

No.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Have you considered: yes

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Mad Hamish posted:

:hai:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Testikles posted:

I met her up in Washington not too long ago
And why they elected her I guess I'll never know,
She'd stand there and cry out about his enormous dong,
"But what about Joe Biden's son and have you seen his hog?"

Hunter Biden's hog, it's just hangin' out there,
Marge won't forget it and the rest of us don't care
She shows us pics and posts them all on vengeful right wing blogs,
Cause all she ever talks about is Hunter Biden's hog.

Lean on me
when you want hog
I'll be your dong
I'll help you shake along
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
somebody to use hog on

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Stoatbringer posted:

The numbers don’t lie folks. Hunter must be impeached.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mod fight!!!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Bags aren’t the only things gonna fly at noon.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
Dumb bitch doesn't know the difference between "collusion" and "cooperation."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

The Last Call posted:

I'm glad to hear it.

Could you show me some articles about it.

I'm quite curious on what ones that said and faked it.

Just to help nip this whole line of thinking in the bud, here's what you asked for. You don't even have to read the whole thing, just read the headline (wherein a CEO admits they were full of poo poo) and the last three paragraphs, which link out to investigations that proved it was horseshit.

The news happily cherry-picked examples and blew it out of proportion, which then let them point to those other reports and continue to make it seem like it was an epidemic. As others linked to, Cody's Showdy did a whole video about it with a ton more examples of how it was overblown and what was actually happening.

I know the discussion sort of morphed from short-staffing as part of stores' death spiral into a squabble about self check-out, but countering the narrative that people were just loading up on poo poo everywhere and that it hit the companies' bottom line in any meaningful way is important. They made that poo poo up, and scapegoated the news' sensationalistic reports as the reason.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Another Fun Fact -- That fake grape flavor was apparently an actual grape flavor back in the early American grape days, but the species of grape has been bred out of existence.
Can I see a link to this?

mystes
May 31, 2006

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Another Fun Fact -- That fake grape flavor was apparently an actual grape flavor back in the early American grape days, but the species of grape has been bred out of existence.
Aren't you thinking of bananas and I think that's essentially an urban legend anyway because cavandish bananas still have the same chemical that provides the main banana flavor even if the previous variety happened to have more of it

mystes fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 11, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Gros Michel bananas are rare but do still exist. Apparently they only develop that banana candy flavor when cooked.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

So does MTG just sit in her office surrounded by poster boards of nude Hunter Biden getting angrier and angrier?

mystes
May 31, 2006

for some reason when you cook down fruit and concentrate it it tends to taste closer to flavoring that contains the main chemical providing the flavor in that fruit. it's very mysterious

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

dr_rat posted:

trump would just start banning everyone who didn't suck up to him enough so the thread would be empty within a week. Honestly probably the best approach.

He would absolutely think it’s real and be quoting Garrosh and Sylvanas within a day.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

The Great Wet One has arrived

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't believe Trump is required to be in NY court today. He's choosing to go.

So his "Election Interference" claims, and if he brings up his dead MIL, are all BS. As usual of course, but specific in this case.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The only banana that matters is Hunter’s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

kazil posted:

The Great Wet One has arrived

So is the actual end of the trial, or will the Judge then take a few weeks to render his final decision?