Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

you only have to kill exactly one keese in a swarm and they all fly off

the overkill definitely feels very good, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Amazed to learn you can disable powers. Daruk's looks uncool, and Urbosa's tends to go off when I don't want it to.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sure, you can only kill one keese, but why do that when inetad you can kill all of them and collect eyeballs

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I can’t believe you kill the Keese instead of calling animal control, Wolf Link could catch rabies you know!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I wish you could kill every single keese (koose?) in a flock, but even with the extreme methods listed above you can only ever kill like a half dozen, in my experience.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I think what we've learned so far in this game is that the answer to "can I do this?" is "yes" every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTRcYcAJEP8

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I got Revali's Gale last and because I took so long to get there I constantly forgot I had it for the rest of the game because the rest of the mechanics were already baked into my brain

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Decided to creep into Hyrule Castle just to poke around and i think i'm deffo gonna try creeping back in early on my second runthrough. the blizzard rod is perfect for immobilizing enemies to sneak past.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Decided to creep into Hyrule Castle just to poke around and i think i'm deffo gonna try creeping back in early on my second runthrough. the blizzard rod is perfect for immobilizing enemies to sneak past.

There's a dlc item that makes enemies ignore you completely

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

Madpost about *trivializing content*

I started playing this for the 4th time. I STILL found things I hadn't before. Granted, I haven't 100%ed the game, but I have finished it with the good ending and gotten tons of goodies, so yeah.

Yesterday I was on the big bridge and fell off trying look out yonder and parachuted only to find a korok and a chest tucked away in two broken pillars of the bridge. Amazing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I just looked it up and while I found the one you mentioned I think I only got half the Korok seeds from the bridge or below it? Geez.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Saxophone posted:

Madpost about *trivializing content*

I started playing this for the 4th time. I STILL found things I hadn't before. Granted, I haven't 100%ed the game, but I have finished it with the good ending and gotten tons of goodies, so yeah.

Yesterday I was on the big bridge and fell off trying look out yonder and parachuted only to find a korok and a chest tucked away in two broken pillars of the bridge. Amazing.

I kinda just like to wander around in the game and see the little things I blitzed past in my three playthroughs. Even after getting 100% of the shrines and a lot of korok seeds, it's still just a very tranquil and relaxing game.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

I kinda just like to wander around in the game and see the little things I blitzed past in my three playthroughs. Even after getting 100% of the shrines and a lot of korok seeds, it's still just a very tranquil and relaxing game.

It really is. The quiet piano music, windy fields, birds and wildlife running around. Ah.

Also, for the life of me I still absolutely cannot time the laser beam party correctly. I either break my shield or take a laser blast to the face. :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Saxophone posted:

Also, for the life of me I still absolutely cannot time the laser beam party correctly. I either break my shield or take a laser blast to the face. :(

I feel like I learned best by focusing on a specific distance since the timing is range dependent, just a bit out of melee distance seems easiest to me to time it for when the visual flash starts. Having the sound turned up and practicing in ancient armor helped a lot too.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Majora's Mask update:

I finally realized what the hot springs below the grave meant. In retrospect, the movable gravestone should've been pretty obvious. Anyhow, I unfroze some Gorons and found my way to the Snowhead temple. I've already found the boss key, but I still need to figure out how to get to the boss room.

Question: are there 15 fairy shards in each temple? I think I'm missing a couple, but no idea where to find them yet.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

You'll know when you have all the fairies. E. actually it is possible that is only in the remaster. not sure. Regardless, yeah 15.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Link: "Hey, guys. I'm just popping in to make sure your loot chest is working properly. Don't mind me."

Gold Moblin:"Hey,new guy"
Gold Lizalfos:"Sseemss legit."
Gold Bokoblin: "Yo. Can you ask upper management if we can get some more weapon upgrades?"
Keese : "OMFG, are you guys blind!? That's obviously Link!"

Link: "..dammit."

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Saxophone posted:

It really is. The quiet piano music, windy fields, birds and wildlife running around. Ah.

Ancient shield from Robbie's lab autoparries lasers.

mastajake posted:

You'll know when you have all the fairies. E. actually it is possible that is only in the remaster. not sure. Regardless, yeah 15.

Pretty sure the display in both versions shows the number you've found/max number - 13/15, for example.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Runcible Cat posted:

Like I was saying, on my FOURTH PLAYTHROUGH IM STILL FINDING NEW THINGS. Bloody freaking hell I had no clue.

Welp, headed there post haste I guess.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Saxophone posted:

Petition to change thread title to Zelda Megathread: Laser Beam Party.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Majora's Mask came out 20 years ago, today! :toot:

(in North America)

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the thing I’ve discovered on my current playthrough is that the kids in Hateno follow you around when you have a torch lit with the blue flame. it’s adorable

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

YggiDee posted:

(in North America)

this is the most important moon related news of the day

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Apologies to all my dedicated followers who have been frantically refreshing for worst link updates. It’s probably gonna be tomorrow

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Smol posted:

Majora's Mask update:

I finally realized what the hot springs below the grave meant. In retrospect, the movable gravestone should've been pretty obvious. Anyhow, I unfroze some Gorons and found my way to the Snowhead temple. I've already found the boss key, but I still need to figure out how to get to the boss room.

Question: are there 15 fairy shards in each temple? I think I'm missing a couple, but no idea where to find them yet.
I know you're not looking for spoilers or hints. I'm the same way. But it seems based on your past few posts like you are missing a thing you'd probably want, and the game gives no indication about its existence or how to get it, from what I remember. You just have to stumble upon it if you don't already know about it.

If I were you, I would go ahead and read the following, even with my normal distaste for hints. I'll split it out in increasing spoileriness.

1. You've already done what you need to do once, you just need to do it again.

2. You've already done what you need to do once, you just need to do it again, as a human.

3. The thing you did before, you definitely weren't in human form the first time you did it.

4. I know you weren't in human form the first time, because you hadn't escaped being in deku form yet.

5. Find the fairy shard and return it to the fountain in Clock Town while in human form.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Runcible Cat posted:

Reflects them but still takes some durability damage

Parries incur no durability damage

So there IS a distinction

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Apologies to all my dedicated followers who have been frantically refreshing for worst link updates. It’s probably gonna be tomorrow

Phew, I was afraid Link died :sweatdrop:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah. Rip

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

YggiDee posted:

(in North America)

I've been putting off getting a majoras mask tattoo but this might put me over the edge.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

The Bloop posted:

Reflects them but still takes some durability damage

Parries incur no durability damage

So there IS a distinction

How many times can it autoparry before it splodes?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I got all of the Korok seeds

But it was after the DLC came out so I had the motorcycle which made it way more tolerable.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/smaho_neko/status/1321074852531367937?s=20

edit: lmbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNq5ZuIDzIE

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Oct 27, 2020

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Hmm. Won’t the Keaton appear if you fail to cut the grass on the first try?

Not sure if I’m misunderstanding how they spawn or what, but as far as I can tell, I’ve cut all the bushes multiple times now...

Edit: Ah, I think I was supposed to wear the mask while cutting the bushes...

Smol fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 27, 2020

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Majora's Mask update:

I finally figured how to get to the Snowfall temple boss. Well, actually Tael just spoiled the solution for me, but whatever. :shepicide: The boss was fairly simple, although I must've used the safest possible strategy against it. I just stood at the entrance and shot two fire arrows at it when it passed me. I'm sure there are more flashy ways to beat it, but idk, that seemed to work :shrug:

Anyhow, after beating the boss, I went to do some Goron racing. It seems like Nintendo brought all the bullshit ways to lose from Mario Kart to this game as well. :argh: After finally beating the race, I remembered that the smith said something about Gold Dust, so I went to sharpen my sword. After waiting a bit and hunting some Keatons meanwhile (still didn't manage to answer their questions correctly), I finally got my Gilded Sword. It seems like a solid upgrade.

I'm not sure how to continue the game right now. It seems like I need a horse to enter one of the areas, and I think the canyon area was blocked by a gate as well. Perhaps I can destroy the gate with a Powder keg or something, but I'll have to try that on another day…

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Smol posted:

I just stood at the entrance and shot two fire arrows at it when it passed me. I'm sure there are more flashy ways to beat it, but idk, that seemed to work :shrug:
:what:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Smol posted:

Majora's Mask update:

I finally figured how to get to the Snowfall temple boss. Well, actually Tael just spoiled the solution for me, but whatever. :shepicide: The boss was fairly simple, although I must've used the safest possible strategy against it. I just stood at the entrance and shot two fire arrows at it when it passed me. I'm sure there are more flashy ways to beat it, but idk, that seemed to work :shrug:

The fun way is chasing and ramming him as a Goron. Especially when you can position yourself just right for a taint grind.

I've no idea how come that hurts him but other Gorons without spikes can wallop the poo poo out of you and whizz on without noticing.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Smol posted:

The boss was fairly simple, although I must've used the safest possible strategy against it. I just stood at the entrance and shot two fire arrows at it when it passed me. I'm sure there are more flashy ways to beat it, but idk, that seemed to work :shrug:

on the one hand lol that it only takes two fire arrows but on the other hand are you loving kidding me dude

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
The Goht battle is the Majora's Mask boss battle that I would routinely go back and replay, and the one that I remember most fondly after not replaying it for a decade or so.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

maltesh posted:

The Goht battle is the Majora's Mask boss battle that I would routinely go back and replay, and the one that I remember most fondly after not replaying it for a decade or so.

:yeah:

This is a tragedy travesty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

romanowski posted:

on the one hand lol that it only takes two fire arrows but on the other hand are you loving kidding me dude

I think they're saying that they had time for two fire arrows on every pass, not that it only took two total to kill it.