Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
I like the witch but not enuff to pay 60 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well how about spending another 60 dollars on pointless cosmetic crap in SFV

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know it's been an endless punchline all year but boy....SFV is so sad

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I know it's been an endless punchline all year but boy....SFV is so sad

i heard some stages are banned in competition????

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

Yeah the rashid one has a distracting background and the karin alternate one gives birdie an unfair advantage. Also training was deemed boring and is not selectable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Almost all of the new ones except for the one with a bigass Capcom logo on it which is what they are required to use on finals and stuff.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

they should bring back the stage with the hippo in 4 because thats the one i picked every time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Well how about spending another 60 dollars on pointless cosmetic crap in SFV

this is cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

there's a beach stage with water that obscures the feet so its baned, even tho its a nice stage otherwise, and has some chicks from rival schools in the background so you can remember the better times playing rival schools, alpha 2-3, sakuras victory in alpha 3 where she does thhe combo to fast and her shoe flies off, vsav, and post hardcore legends quicksand and rival schools [the band]

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
banning training stage at offical capcom events is the best decision they've made about the game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

they should bring back the stage with the hippo in 4 because thats the one i picked every time

i liked that one and the one with the kids in the underpas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIXOtXnfmDM

I want the Juri and Karin costumes, and the Karin Classy Bikini + Hat combo but they're 4 dollars a piece and you can't use in game money to buy them and I don't actually play the game ever

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

oh yeah juri's in that game i forgot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thankfully she doesn't really play anything like her SF4 version and instead has two specials one of which is largely pointless. Really got wild with her V trigger design though, makes her stronger for a short period of time and gives her moves a new particle effect

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

anyway i want to talk about good fighting games now. i'm currently in the process of trying to get good again in xrd so i'm going to be looking for games more often in the discord i set up, let's all play video games together

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mintergalactic posted:

anyway i want to talk about good fighting games now. i'm currently in the process of trying to get good again in xrd so i'm going to be looking for games more often in the discord i set up, let's all play video games together

I've been thinking about get back into as well and finally actually going to a local, so I may be online more as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also my friend got a ps4 and he likes DOA5 so I may try to learn that, if learning doa5 is actually possible

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i'm running xrd in a 640x480 window on a laptop with intel only graphics at 60 fps. amazing

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Mintergalactic posted:

Can you post an invite to the discord? I'm trying to get back into Xrd with rev coming to PC

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mintergalactic posted:

I will only deign to play games with people who are not scrubs, in other words people who buy PC Rev

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I've been thinking about get back into as well and finally actually going to a local, so I may be online more as well.

Ive been playing bb lately gotta get back into xrd too. Good luck at locals! You going to next level?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

the iron galaxy stream is coming on, they're probably going to announce marvel 3 port to ps4 and balance patch

https://www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Go to your moms9ms house

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

CaptCommy posted:

Can you post an invite to the discord? I'm trying to get back into Xrd with rev coming to PC

Yeah sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Here's the link

https://discord.gg/fw9e6WX

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

I will only deign to play games with people who are not scrubs, in other words people who buy PC Rev

I'm looking forward to having an offline connection with good netcode on pc again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Capcom cup top 32 to top 8 is today at 1pm EST if you want to watch everybody who didn't go to an actual tournament to place get walloped by Asians http://challonge.com/capcomcup2016

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Whens mahvel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For the capcom cup the rule is you have to choose random stage but some stages are banned so if you get a banned stage you have to just exit and repick characters and hit random again. Because you cant remove stages from random pick lol.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Smoking Crow posted:

the iron galaxy stream is coming on, they're probably going to announce marvel 3 port to ps4 and balance patch

https://www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy

sentinel hp from 900k to 350k

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

The Capcom cup top 32 to top 8 is today at 1pm EST if you want to watch everybody who didn't go to an actual tournament to place get walloped by Asians http://challonge.com/capcomcup2016

actually the online players from south america beat the asians

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
revelator deluxe [cumz with dlc] was 44 dollars on humble store and i was looking back and forth to my wallet to the computer screen and shouting no slenderman my wallet at the cat, but when i put it in the cart was 58 dollars. owned.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

actually the online players from south america beat the asians

I only tuned in like 40 minutes ago but Gamerbee, Infiltration and Daigo are in losers :staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mago vs Infiltration for the first KO of the day, wow. This tourney may actually be interesting

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Mago vs Infiltration for the first KO of the day, wow. This tourney may actually be interesting

they're still playing sfv dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oops

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

It's still real good to watch.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

For the capcom cup the rule is you have to choose random stage but some stages are banned so if you get a banned stage you have to just exit and repick characters and hit random again. Because you cant remove stages from random pick lol.

how is this not embarrassing for everyone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CaptCommy posted:

It's still real good to watch.

Do you think they'll jab into their one combo?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

how is this not embarrassing for everyone

there was a match in round one where it happened 3 times in a row lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
the death cult that controls south korea have placed a billion dollar bet on infiltraion being eliminated and if he doesn't comply his family will be fed to the horse the billionaire death cult leader bought for her sexy kpop idol daughter

• Locked thread