Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

nerve posted:

I'm gonna cry if the Vikings don't win it this year. That video is great

I will probably root for you dorks in the super bowl if it's against New England. It will feel gross too.

But I am one of the few Packers fan who was actively cheering for Brett Favre that year he was awesome in Minnesota and he got murdered by the Saints.

I am 100% on the Eagles and Jags bandwagon this week though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What's worst,
1) Having a really real chance at the first home Super Bowl ever and blowing it against Nick Foles?
2) Getting a home Super Bowl and losing to the Patriots
3) Getting a home Super Bowl and losing to the Jaguars

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

VJeff posted:

What's worst,
1) Having a really real chance at the first home Super Bowl ever and blowing it against Nick Foles?

2 because it means the patriots win

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Worst case scenario is patriots win again.

Best case? Super Bowl MVP Blake Bortles.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

VJeff posted:

What's worst,

#2 is the worst but fortunately #3 is what will happen.

Then the Vikings will fall apart and spend the next decade thinking “we would have won a Super Bowl if not for the heroics of Blake Bortles”.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

BGrifter posted:

Then the Vikings will fall apart and spend the next decade thinking “we would have won a Super Bowl if not for the heroics of Blake Bortles”.

This is my dream

Malaria fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 16, 2018

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

BGrifter posted:

#2 is the worst but fortunately #3 is what will happen.

y'know what if the Vikings have to lose, this would be so much better than seeing Brady with another loving ring

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
When it happens someone needs to find a way to put Bort and Marino in a room together with a camera running.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

VJeff posted:

What's worst,

Who cares. I know we're favored against the Eagles but it all feels like house money at this point.

It's 24 hours after the game and I still can't stop smiling whenever I think of the last play. If any of the above happens sure it'll hurt in the moment, but 20 years from now I'm not going to be telling my kids about any of that, we'll be talking about the Diggs catch and that's all you can ask for as a fan.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
More smile fuel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccwDDGc1zRQ

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

VJeff posted:

What's worst,

Brady has thrown three touchdowns in the 2nd half and is driving in the endzone. Interception at the one yard line. The Vikes just have to kneel down once and the game is over. The snap is horrendessly botched despite being in victory formation. The ball goes into the endzone. The quaterback dives on it and is then tackled. Saftey. Time expires and the Patriots win by 1 point.

:getin:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Malaria posted:

I will probably root for you dorks in the super bowl if it's against New England. It will feel gross too.

Anyone who roots for the Pats in any Super Bowl is scum. My co-worker rooted for them last year because he was a Panthers fan, and I still call him a bad person for it.

I'm hoping for a Jags win because of cat team solidarity (and perennial-bad-team solidarity), but a Vikings win would also be just fine.

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 16, 2018

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

blackmongoose posted:

I still miss your long halftime analysis of Vikings games that you would post in GDTs. One of the things that made me start reading TFF threads. What are the chances you'll start posting those again?

I still do them, just usually post those on a Vikings board now. I post as Tyr if you ever stop by them, though neither of the main ones are that great. Maybe I'll try posting those over here again, just not on SA very much these days.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
If you’re hanging around on gameday, post em. I occasionally need actual effort and insight from TFF to balance out the one or two gimmick shitposters.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Latest gossip headlines have Aaron Rodgers dating Danica Patrick.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

https://twitter.com/jscomments/status/953043325547962368

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm sure he cares about getting his balls deep.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I need Detroit Dogg's take on this new blossoming relationship.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

The only QB relationship that ever mattered was Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson (?). I think that's who it was. He seemed to lose every time she was at a game. To the point where people brought cardboard cutouts of her to games trying to jinx him.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Malaria posted:

The only QB relationship that ever mattered was Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson (?). I think that's who it was. He seemed to lose every time she was at a game. To the point where people brought cardboard cutouts of her to games trying to jinx him.

What about Steve McNair?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Joe Lombardi failed to take out the Vikings, so now we must rely on Jim Schwartz.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I saw an overflowing trash can outside of a gas station today and thought to myself “Joe Lombardi has fallen on hard times”.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Needed a new beard, huh

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

New Year, New You and all that.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If the Eagles gently caress this up I will be mega sad when Brady is driving his segway around the stadium yelling don't eat tomatoes.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Elephanthead posted:

If the Eagles gently caress this up I will be mega sad when Brady is driving his segway around the stadium yelling don't eat tomatoes.

It amuses me that Tom Brady takes his culinary advice from the 18th century, though he probably refuses to eat white bread. Those olden tyme motherfuckers loved white bread.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

MikeCrotch posted:

It amuses me that Tom Brady takes his culinary advice from the 18th century, though he probably refuses to eat white bread. Those olden tyme motherfuckers loved white bread.

Did they really? I thought bleached flour was uncommon before the 20th century.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Pops Mgee posted:

What about Steve McNair?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Blotto Skorzany posted:

Did they really? I thought bleached flour was uncommon before the 20th century.

Nah, that doesn't matter. It's how well ground the flour is. I use unbleached flour for my bread, and it's still considered white.

(seriously, make your own bread, it's amazing)

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Oh I know that, my wife makes bread and rolls and pizza dough pretty frequently (mostly sourdough), I just buy whatever flour she puts on the grocery list v:shobon:v

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Nb. the cast iron skillet pizza recipe from Serious Eats was pretty easy to convert from yeast to sourdough partly due to its no-knead nature, and I highly recommend it to pizza lovers everywhere

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

God she loving sucks

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Pops Mgee posted:

What about Steve McNair?

:holymoley:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

cis autodrag posted:

God she loving sucks

I would hope so

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

More than the Super Bowl?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

iospace posted:

Nah, that doesn't matter. It's how well ground the flour is. I use unbleached flour for my bread, and it's still considered white.

(seriously, make your own bread, it's amazing)

during the lions 0-16 season i broke my leg and i would spend all day saturdays making italian bread with my girlfriend, and i would gorge myself on bread while spending hundreds of dollars and waking up at 9 am to watch the winless season.

the bread was good though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't believe how much I don't give a poo poo that Patricia made some really good halftime adjustments in that game. gently caress the Patriots. :(

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

VJeff posted:

I can't believe how much I don't give a poo poo that Patricia made some really good halftime adjustments in that game. gently caress the Patriots. :(

:same:

Told my girlfriend to get used to that image of Patricia looking angrily into the middle distance though

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
At least two more weeks until Matt Patricia is Lions HC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
After all the shots of him grossly licking his lips I'm not happy about him coming here

• Locked thread