Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Blackunknown posted:

So is orcs coming back from the dead supposed to be rare? Because it has yet to happen to me.

It's only happened to me 3 times-a Tark Slayer, some crazy guy and an Assassin. The Assassin, formerly known as The Timid, came back with a face scar as The Survivor. The Tark Slayer and crazy guy sadly had no scars or missing limbs-which sucks, because I squished the Tark Slayer with a Graug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

How does this game save? I can't figure it out and every time I quit it makes me replay poo poo.

Yep there doesn't seem to an auto-save indicator. Fast travel seems to always force a save so I just do that before I quit out.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Blackunknown posted:

So is orcs coming back from the dead supposed to be rare? Because it has yet to happen to me.

It can be a bit RNG, but it reliably happens in my game. As i grow stronger it happens less, but it never stops happening like in Shadow of Mordor.

Orv
May 4, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

How does this game save? I can't figure it out and every time I quit it makes me replay poo poo.

Finishing a mission and fast travel seem to be the two reliable methods.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I got a level 5 weapon that upgrades after killing a Drake and another that upgrades after a 40 hit combo. I sold them so fast. I stopped wasting time and doing story stuff, but boy does the level 15 Vendetta chests give such good stuff. Orcs catch fire, which spreads and corpses explode, which probably spreads. Killing beasts heal for a good bit. I found Thrak, but he didn't feel like fighting today and ran.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Is it just me or is online conquest really not worth it? Just had two of my best orcs wasted in a pretty pointless assault. I mean, I won pretty easily, but the losses weren't worth it.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000
So at first I went back to the one first area (Cirith Ungol?) and took that fortress, and was kind of bummed it was only like a two warchief thing and they never bothered to fill one spot.

Then I went to the place with the volcano and it's like 5 warchiefs. That's more my jam!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I thought you only lost orcs in ranked mode for fortresses assaults.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Cyrano4747 posted:

Is it just me or is online conquest really not worth it? Just had two of my best orcs wasted in a pretty pointless assault. I mean, I won pretty easily, but the losses weren't worth it.
You can and should safely invade your friends until you build up a big war chest.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

I thought you only lost orcs in ranked mode for fortresses assaults.

Well, poo poo, somehow I missed that and I must have done a ranked one. :saddowns:

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Basically you kill everything and replenish all of your resources as long as there are enough Consume targets (grunts) around you.

The problem with that combo is the second the game decides you didn't want to target that crystal clear ork you were aiming at and instead actually wanted to target the non-broken Captain, you're out one of your consumes. And curses, god curse is everywhere at 47.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Man the steam controller feels really garbage with this game

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

KungFu Grip posted:

I was told this is a feature not a bug, but that doesn't explain this huge group

I think I had the same thing, it's definitely a feature. I encountered a tracker who ambushed me and then he was like "will I kill you? Will I kill you? Or will I kill you????" and every time it revealed one of his gang to be a doppelganger of the original. Like some kind of fuckin uruk spartacus

I don't actually get what's going on in yourscreenshot though, just looks like a bunch of orcs?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Decoy is a captain ability that spawns clones of him, like the first Naz'gul fight.

That's just a gently caress ton of grunts for whatever reason.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

E2M2 posted:

Im super terrible at this, if I keep dying the game is gonna just get harder? Should I just play easy?

The orc that kills you gains one level, it doesn't really matter.

Play video games in whatever method you find most enjoyable.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I think I had the same thing, it's definitely a feature. I encountered a tracker who ambushed me and then he was like "will I kill you? Will I kill you? Or will I kill you????" and every time it revealed one of his gang to be a doppelganger of the original. Like some kind of fuckin uruk spartacus

I don't actually get what's going on in yourscreenshot though, just looks like a bunch of orcs?

Normally there's only a few there, that crowd was all stationary before I jumped in there. There was like 6 worms and 10 different treasure holding orcs in that one small cramped spot out of that whole horde just chilling around a fire.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

KungFu Grip posted:

Normally there's only a few there, that crowd was all stationary before I jumped in there. There was like 6 worms and 10 different treasure holding orcs in that one small cramped spot out of that whole horde just chilling around a fire.

this is a gift

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, that's where you start raining bombs on that poo poo.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Is there a way to throw Captains off of ledges? They stubbornly hit invisible walls when I try to dramatically throw them off a cliff.

Also I've been trying to kill a Captain by grabbing them and shanking them but without fail they will be killed by something else I swear to god. Probably doesn't help having my gear covered with fire, poison and curse. drat I think it'd just be satisfying to have an enemy captain death certificate have SHANKED on it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Is there a way to throw Captains off of ledges? They stubbornly hit invisible walls when I try to dramatically throw them off a cliff.

It has to be fatal. I've noticed a couple places where they won't fly off but the tops of towers and fort buildings usually work fine.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Finally buckled down and beat Act I after 10 hours (yikes). Nemesis difficulty does not gently caress around, I don't know how many times I had to redo The Arena and The Fall because I was just getting destroyed. Even took the time to level up and get some decent equipment and it was still rough.

But man, I thought that Nazgul fight was neat.

And I just met Bruz :allears: "Bright Lord, Dark Lord, what's the difference?" and :pop: won me over big time

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am comfortable with Hard mode, at least until I have a couple more options. It just isn't fun dealing with jumpers who make running away impossible. You are basically dead when you get slow. It is great when you Brutalize someone on a high area and the others jump and somehow kill themselves. It happens if you terrorize the archers at the towers and they rag doll in mid-air.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Nemesis is a lot more manageable once you get to Act 2 and have the new version of Wrath Stun and instantly counters (and leave prompts on). I guess fortress assaults may yet prove me wrong but looks like becoming unkillable mid-game is still possible on Normal.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Anyone know if/have tried to game the system by putting multiple Legendary Lords into a fortress and having a friend raid it regularly to get Epic drops?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So the one thing that really bugs me in act 4

Talion has like no voiced lines. I miss "Suffer me now!" and the like.

Failed my first fort defense. I think I might do that in every region; it doesn't kill any of you orcs and bumps them all into the normal part of the heirarchy so you can level them easier and don't have to deal with constant "you demoted me!" Betrayals.

Plus Fort assaults are super easy and fun if you infiltrate a few spies.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
When is doing quests to unlock the ability on gear worthwhile? There’s so much stuff to do I haven’t bothered with that or runes.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Is there a proper method to recruit blood brothers? I dominated one, his brother showed up, immediately get betrayed. Dominate the brother, immediately get betrayed. Had to just murder them both. Too bad, they were tough.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Roshambo posted:

When is doing quests to unlock the ability on gear worthwhile? There’s so much stuff to do I haven’t bothered with that or runes.

When it unlocks a good bonus like +50% follower damage or something.

Also, anyone else having issues upgrading the Sword of Domination? Mine seems stuck in the level 15 form despite the challenge for it to level to 30 being 'recruit a level 30+ orc". I'm level 43 and have recruited dozens of level 30+ orcs.

Also like half the achievements didn't unlock properly like the basic lovely ones, but the rare ones are working fine. Was there a patch that hosed with this stuff?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zore posted:

Also, anyone else having issues upgrading the Sword of Domination? Mine seems stuck in the level 15 form despite the challenge for it to level to 30 being 'recruit a level 30+ orc". I'm level 43 and have recruited dozens of level 30+ orcs.

Do you actually have the sword equipped?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
I really wish I could put spiders on my arrows and launch them into the ground if there aren't any spider sacks around.

Or counter an attack and shove a spider on someone's face.

I love my spiders

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

RatHat posted:

Do you actually have the sword equipped?

:downs:

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
"Yeah, i'm level 40 now, pro as gently caress, good gear, Nemesis difficulty is my bitch now." Enter Thakra the Ghul Lover to show me who the bitch truly is :negative:
(Game is very good)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hahaha, the guy I made my first bodyguard had a loving hypman! What a game.

Super pissed that I didn't rush to Act II because there was one named something like "Kurz The Friendly" and he wanted desperately to talk things out.

He's dead now and it breaks my heart.

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007
I was fighting two orc captains and was making way too many mistakes. I got downed with a "No Chance" and figured I'd have to accept my death.

All of a sudden my olog bodyguard comes out of nowhere, picks his head up and crushes it like a goddamn grape, then asks me to remind him to patch my cloak later.

Love this game.

Edit: Not ten minutes later, he betrayed me and I had to murder him.

Hatastrophe fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 13, 2017

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Holy poo poo, the one thing I didn't think they'd bring back from SoM (and my favorite thing about it) is here: Talion's starter gear (Urfael, etc.) gets reforged after certain quests.

12/10 game for me now.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So this is like, the first game but with even more ways to gently caress with orcs, right?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

SettingSun posted:

Holy poo poo, the one thing I didn't think they'd bring back from SoM (and my favorite thing about it) is here: Talion's starter gear (Urfael, etc.) gets reforged after certain quests.

12/10 game for me now.

Can you level it up tho? It's still just level 1 and lovely in my game.

Night10194 posted:

So this is like, the first game but with even more ways to gently caress with orcs, right?

Basically yes.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Man the steam controller feels really garbage with this game

I've been playing with it and it's been OK except bow-aiming is finicky. I think I need to update the sensitivity for it out-of-game - I've got it set to max in-game and it still doesn't move around swiftly.

And think of it this way - you can map A+B to the right grip so that whenever you do a Might-Consume it's like you're really grabbing the orc!

Actually I think you brand with the left hand so maybe left grip would make more sense?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dongattack posted:

Basically yes.

Well that seems like everything I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Bonez
Apr 13, 2012

Dongattack posted:

Can you level it up tho? It's still just level 1 and lovely in my game.

Yeah in act 4.

• Locked thread