Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm pretty sure Funky Kong is cultural appropriation somehow so I'm off to write an essay on how you should all feel ashamed because you know that he exists and it is definitely something that should matter in your life.

if i was a mod this would be a mod challenge but it's not so i'm just gonna say you're a dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

puppetmaster defense when

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm pretty sure Funky Kong is cultural appropriation somehow so I'm off to write an essay on how you should all feel ashamed because you know that he exists and it is definitely something that should matter in your life.

stop digging

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Nice troll, but you have up the game too quickly 7/10

Spudsbuckley's posting has always been on this same level, is it really trolling if you keep it up for years?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

spudsbuckley posted:

Its true, Rad Surfer Dudes have been tormented for years by the hateful stereotypes that Funky Kong represents.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah, some people like to get worked up about 5 minutes of "gay panic" in an 80+ hour game like Persona 5 that most normal people won't even notice because it is so harmless.

:yikes:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I think he was actually referring to DK64 when he was a rad army guy.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

cheetah7071 posted:

stop digging

I'm definitely going to listen to the person with the avatar they bought that is based on a visual novel that I have seen literally nothing about on any websites other than here and Steam.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You're melting down dude

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

If I'm such a bad poster, why is your avatar from a game I haven't played?/??

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The Moon Monster posted:

I think he was actually referring to DK64 when he was a rad army guy.
I had forgotten about that.

I'm pretty disappointed in Funky Kong tbh.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i cant believe funky kong is guilty of stolen valor

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm definitely going to listen to the person with the avatar they bought that is based on a visual novel that I have seen literally nothing about on any websites other than here and Steam.

lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I might be a huge dumbass with zero empathy, but uh, have you seen that guys avatar? lmao

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

See I'm just imagining Oliver Stone's Platoon now, but Funky Kong is there.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

b_d posted:

If I'm such a bad poster, why is your avatar from a game I haven't played?/??

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Raxivace posted:

See I'm just imagining Oliver Stone's Platoon now, but Funky Kong is there.

Oliver Stone's Plantain

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
thank you for reminding me I need to go back to Monster Prom now that guides exist. The writing was great but the mechanics were just a bit too obtuse for me

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jay Rust posted:

You're melting down dude

I'm just tired man. This place used to be the one forum where people actually talked about videogames like normal people but over the past couple of years it has turned into the same poo poo as every other website where Twitter outrage and think pieces about utter trivialities seem to matter more than doing the fun hobby.

Maybe I'm just getting old and this is gaming now.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

it convinced me, i would trust the guy with a wrestling avatar over the guy with a videogame avatar, as

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

spudsbuckley posted:

It's pathetic that you think you have to be something other than a straight male to be interesting.

You people are all loving nuts. What happened to America?

Dude shut the gently caress up, you have the emotional intelligence of a 5 year old. The fact that a grown rear end adult cannot understand why someone would want to look past the surface level of the entertainment they consume is insane. What happened to America is dipshits like you who take pride in their own ignorance found themselves in positions of power.

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm just tired man. This place used to be the one forum where people actually talked about videogames like normal people but over the past couple of years it has turned into the same poo poo as every other website where Twitter outrage and think pieces about utter trivialities seem to matter more than doing the fun hobby.

Also, you're old and you haven't grown up with the rest of the people on this forum. It sounds to me like what you really want is to be an eternal teenager whose worldview never gets challenged. You are the literal embodiment of a Goony Peter Pan.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 20, 2018

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Lol if you have thoughts and feelings about games you play

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Monster Prom looks cute. I'll get it sometime later.

spudsbuckley posted:

Seems like you just need thicker skin.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

Sorry that gaming has begun making space for people who aren't straight white dudes.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

it convinced me, i would trust the guy with a wrestling avatar over the guy with a videogame avatar, as

I got this avatar for critizing someone's Japanese wrestling waifu after she injured someone a few years ago.

It astounds me to this day that someone would pay money to defend her on a random website.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

spudsbuckley posted:

you told gay people that the portrayals of gay people that were obviously bothering them (as evidenced by them saying so) to stop being bothered by it because you, as a straight person, weren't bothered by it

then when people said that was a lovely thing to do, you doubled down instead of apologizing

I mean on the scale of lovely posts it wasn't that bad but c'mon. Even if you're incapable of apologizing just...don't post a response?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

spudsbuckley posted:

The Liberals have gotten the future they want :devil:

Roth posted:

Monster Prom is very cute!!! Also you can choose male, female, or other (neither? You can choose he, she, or they), but don't tell Spuds up there :ssh:

100% play it with friends if you can, it really is quite a fun time playing it with 3 other people.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Sorry that gaming has begun making space for people who aren't straight white dudes.

But apparently it isn't and that's why everyone is so annoyed and offended all the time.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i think its less that straight white males aren't interesting and more that we're tired of hearing certain straight white males' lovely opinions on almost everything

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

spudsbuckley posted:

But apparently it isn't and that's why everyone is so annoyed and offended all the time.

If there wasn't space for them, they would be shouted down and not allowed to speak about things they don't like. You know, like telling someone who was offended by the portrayal of the only gay characters in an 80+ hour rpg that they should get over it and grow thicker skin.

Poops Mcgoots fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 20, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

plus if you'd read up on the page you posted on you'd see it was people disagreeing with and laughing at someone making sort of the kind of claim you seem to hate, but they were using arguments instead of being dismissive as a blanket rule

thought i'd get serious for a bit there

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

it is with a heavy heart that i have to report that the gamers are at it again

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Roth posted:

It's good. Its value is super dependent on having a sense of humor that matches the writers'. Mine does so I love it but my friends all didn't like it which sucks because a lot of its value is as a party game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/kurofai/status/1009043015325900800

"This isn't how spines are supposed to work you know."

"Yeah but we make too much money on this game not to do it to 'em."

"What?"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Roth posted:

It depends on your Beatmania skills

i love bms/mw. i would challenge corn to a beatmania off

avoiding the low hanging fruit

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Corn's a vegetable

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"What?"

FEH has surprisingly few anatomy fails in general, few enough that Noire's art stands out as especially bad

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"What?"

It's been a while since I played Fates, but I don't remember noire's outfit being so horny.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Poops Mcgoots posted:

It's been a while since I played Fates, but I don't remember noire's outfit being so horny.

It's summer so they're doing swimsuit versions of characters

also Noire is in Awakening, not Fates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Samuringa posted:

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/1009189350037286914

Yes, it is a Compile Heart game, how did you guess?

quote:

Compile Heart is working on a new RPG with witches that must “eat dragons” to stay sane but that means the one inside their wombs will eventually grow and “eat their way out,” Alien-style.

So do these guys know the stomach doesn't lead to the womb or does "eat dragons" mean something even worse.

Man the internet already ruined Tharja don't ruin Noire too.

• Locked thread