Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ElwoodCuse posted:

Is there likely to be any more PSN sales between now and Christmas or is what's up, it? I could possibly throw a 20% code out there because I don't think I'm going to use mine.

The holiday sale this week is just week 1, I think there will be 4 weeks maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

there were 4 weeks last year so probably. the second week should start on tuesday

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tie Fighter is the best Star Wars related thing ever made. This includes movies, books, games, comics, toys, arguments, dog poo poo and jj abrams.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

ElwoodCuse posted:

Is there likely to be any more PSN sales between now and Christmas or is what's up, it? I could possibly throw a 20% code out there because I don't think I'm going to use mine.

It says 'Holiday Sale Week One' on the banner but some of the stuff on there says it's discounted through like 1/9, which makes me wonder if it'll just add more stuff in the next couple weeks?

20% code expires on 12/25 though, so I hope some good poo poo goes on sale this week. Like, I wanna try Dragon's Dogma after goons sang its praises but I don't want to $25 try it, you know?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Man, if anthem turns out to be even a mediocre exosuit game I'll probably buy it because mech games don't scratch the same itch.

The suit is just a thing to customize your space marine barbie doll as usual, preferably by spending real money. You can fly and go underwater but otherwise it's Destiny.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The suit is just a thing to customize your space marine barbie doll as usual, preferably by spending real money. You can fly and go underwater but otherwise it's Destiny.

Is there new gameplay footage or information since E3?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Reminder to sign up for the PSN newsletter, they often send some people randomly vouchers and stuff this time of year.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

veni veni veni posted:

It may very well be. I was commenting on the frantic tone of people's posts not the actual game.

I've only played the first one, but I feel like at least in regards to shooting, it has less to do with Dice and more to do with Star Wars. Shooting usually feels great in their games but I think Battlefront suffered from having to stay true to the source material, and pew pew isn't particularly satisfying compared to the guns of modern games.

Not to be contrary for contrariness sake, but I really can't stand the way shooting feels in any of the DICE games for some reason. I much prefer the way it feels in CoD and Destiny, and it makes it extremely difficult for me to enjoy other shooters. The fact that even the lightsaber heroes control like poo poo is just more icing on the cake. The only mode that feels halfway good control wise is the spaceship one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DrNutt posted:

Not to be contrary for contrariness sake, but I really can't stand the way shooting feels in any of the DICE games for some reason. I much prefer the way it feels in CoD and Destiny, and it makes it extremely difficult for me to enjoy other shooters. The fact that even the lightsaber heroes control like poo poo is just more icing on the cake. The only mode that feels halfway good control wise is the spaceship one.

Imo DICE shooting is an acquired taste. Something like COD is immediately satisfying where in Battlefield you kind of have to practice with guns to some degree, and there's all sorts of crazy variables coming in to play. I wouldn't want all games to have shooting like Battlefield but I'm glad that it exists and I think it works the best for giant open maps. But yeah, I can pick up something like Titanfall or COD and I'm immediately having a good time shooting whit, whereas with DICE games I always have to slog through a few hours of misery before it starts to feel like second nature.

Awesome! posted:

same, but for all of your posts

Your burns are consistently so loving lame. Jesus Christ give it a rest.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 18, 2017

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
judging by inquisition and the last two mass effects, i think anthem will be another not spectacular but okay game that a lot of people will have an internet crusade against for god knows what reason

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Even with Destiny 1/2's weird-rear end development and the way they turned out, at least Bungie has really good, satisfying console shooting mechanics to carry them to a halfway fun game. After playing The Division and Andromeda I can't fathom Bioware's Destiny being any fun to play as a shooter.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

veni veni veni posted:

you post so much in this thread and it is all loving terrible

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

bet you had a big ol' bloody horn

This is from like two pages ago, but...

Initally, no. But when I was like 30 hours into the game I was like "okay, the big horn looks cooler and I want to play with my revolver" so I did a bunch of killing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RottenK posted:

judging by inquisition and the last two mass effects, i think anthem will be another not spectacular but okay game that a lot of people will have an internet crusade against for god knows what reason

Andromeda was loving awful

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Awesome! posted:

I don't think I've ever even talked to you but you are always looming in the background like some weeb goblin waiting to make baby's first ice burn. Maybe try not being so obsessed with me it might be good for your own mental health.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

Awesome! posted:

We're all terrible. SA is the shitpost Tilt-A-Whirl, anyone who vomits is just as likely to hit themselves as anyone else.

Let's get along.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Merry Christmas everybody

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

:downsgun::hf::3::hf::hawaaaafap:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I remember reading the pro was loud. I've been Horizoning and it's super silent. I do have some of fans hooked up circulating air. But compared to my old launch ps4 I can't hear a thing.

Good stuff.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think I've ever even talked to you but you are always looming in the background like some weeb goblin waiting to make baby's first ice burn. Maybe try not being so obsessed with me it might be good for your own mental health.

"weeb goblin"

"baby's first ice burn"

:thunk:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

I remember reading the pro was loud. I've been Horizoning and it's super silent. I do have some of fans hooked up circulating air. But compared to my old launch ps4 I can't hear a thing.

Good stuff.

Mine too. Some launch units were busted and screamed tho

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

no

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Sakurazuka posted:

Andromeda was loving awful

i do not agree

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bloodborne Boys only celebrate Bloody Christmas.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the only outer space flying game we need a remake of is space rangers

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Horizon chat. Always bothered me that nobody thinks Aloy is a witch for controlling machines. You show up to a new tribe and leave a mount that literally kills people in the middle of town. Nobody bats an eye.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm looking to buy a high octane action game in the next weeks of sale to balance the JRPG-ness of Persona5 and FFXV, what would be recommended?

Already have Titanfall 2 and DOOM on PC.

Bombadilillo posted:

Horizon chat. Always bothered me that nobody thinks Aloy is a witch for controlling machines. You show up to a new tribe and leave a mount that literally kills people in the middle of town. Nobody bats an eye.

Exiled gonna do Exiled things, everyone carries on.

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 18, 2017

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Samuringa posted:

I'm looking to buy a high octane action game in the next weeks of sale to balance the JRPG-ness of Persona5 and FFXV, what would be recommended?

Bloodborne.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

is that a british thing?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

Nex machina

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Samuringa posted:

Nex Machina and Furi are as high octane as they come

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RottenK posted:

Andromeda was made by all the BioWare people that weren't good enough to be poached by Casey Hudson to work on Anthem

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Boogalo posted:

Bloodborne.

I have it! It's a good recommendation but it's also pretty stressful and I took a little break to play other things, but will definitely come back.

nachos posted:

Nex Machina and Furi are as high octane as they come

I also have FURI on PC and if it's an indie game like Nex Machina I'll probably prefer to get it there too, better sales and prices.

I think I should specify the request, it should be either a console exclusive or high-end multiplat that my crappy PC can't run.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Awesome! posted:

is that a british thing?

A google search reveals...random acts of violence against latino men...

So, maybe it should be Blood-Drunk Christmas instead.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Samuringa posted:

I'd play Uncharted 4 or Lost Legacy.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Samuringa posted:

Go for both action and JRPG and get Nier: Automata

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Nier: Automata is really boring as an action game.

It's a great jrpg though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Snak posted:

Nier: Automata is really boring as an action game.

It's a great jrpg though.

I disagree with your first sentence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i guess it depends what you are looking for from your action game. nier's combat is much less technical than something like bayo but it is still fun i think