Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Snowy posted:

gently caress I better sell my extra copy

Given his work pace in Dispirit I'd say you have plenty of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I grew up in the Detroit area but I never went to a show at Harpo's. Metal shows I made it to were all at one of the following:

Magic Stick
Majestic Theater
Crofoot Ballroom/Pike Room
Clutch Cargo's (RIP)
Blondie's (RIP?)
The Loving Touch (in recent years)

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

deadking posted:

I have no idea why people pay so much for that Moonblood album. It's not great and there are so many bootlegs floating around.

moonblood basically got their reputation because of the obscurity of their material and how hard a lot of it was to find, although that was more for the rehearsal tapes so i'm pretty sure the high price is just internet people being idiots with too much cash.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I have no idea why I bought two vinyl copies of the Weakling lp when it came out. Must have been drunk or something but hey sometime that works out :v:

E: they weren’t ordered at the same time :senile:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Henchman of Santa posted:

I grew up in the Detroit area but I never went to a show at Harpo's. Metal shows I made it to were all at one of the following:

Harpo's was the best because there were zero rules except for not gently caress with the bouncers, and they had a huge venue with pretty good sound. Plus, they used to have projector screens that would unfurl between bands and they would play music videos and promotions for tours coming by.

One time I was waiting in line for the bathroom and it turned out that was another line and this one was just a trash can everyone was pissing in.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Dream Theater laid another turd off their new album. I'm completely convinced they don't actually know what good drums are meant to sound like. They sort of fixed the toms and then somehow compressed the splashes even more?

On the other hand Evergrey also have a new song that is quite good so at least there's that.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

tote up a bags posted:

On the other hand Evergrey also have a new song that is quite good so at least there's that.
This is another band that convinced me a close to 15 years ago that they were going to be absolutely unlistenable poo poo by now, then they pulled a Full Amorphis

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Vulture Culture posted:

This is another band that convinced me a close to 15 years ago that they were going to be absolutely unlistenable poo poo by now, then they pulled a Full Amorphis

I know right? An entire decade of complete poo poo and then they drop this

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Just came across this album. Nothing innovative, just well executed old school death metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzVYDyyMTbY

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah i used to spend a poo poo-ton of time at harpo's. going to like 2-3 shows/week for awhile.

i heard from someone else about the no heat thing, and they also don't have A/C.

why not just hold it in a storage shed off of fort street?

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Weaponized Cum posted:

Just came across this album. Nothing innovative, just well executed old school death metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzVYDyyMTbY

For every innovative / weird metal band I get into, I still get hooked by crushing old school death metal.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Whoever convinced ensiferum that Harpo's was the spot for them to play in Detroit got swindled, there are like 300 people here max and there are smaller venues here.

Aw man I love Harpo's, when I saw Therion there in like 2005 I think there were thirty people there. We went out back after the concert and just shot the poo poo with the band. Ive had some good experiences there.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently there’s a new supergroup with David Vincent, Flo Mounier and Blasphemer:
https://vltimas.bandcamp.com/album/something-wicked-marches-in

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i rented a vltimas the last time i flew to atlanta. it wasn't as exciting or sporty as say the acura mdx let alone a porsche cayenne, but it's further proof the korean auto industry has made leaps and bounds in the past decade

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

TeamJesus posted:

For every innovative / weird metal band I get into, I still get hooked by crushing old school death metal.

:yeah:

There's just something so wonderfully grunty and visceral about no-frills old-school brutality.

The line-up for Kill-Town Death Fest is now Abhorrence, Tomb Mold and Vastum, with 37 more bands to go. I am so goddamn loving hyped :rock:

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

New one from Saor dropped the other day. They even decided to try and kill the radio star https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9bMRTvmvQQ

Music vid version is a few minutes shorter than the full thing https://saor.bandcamp.com/album/forgotten-paths

Long rear end wait until the rest of the album :(

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

KozmoNaut posted:

:yeah:

There's just something so wonderfully grunty and visceral about no-frills old-school brutality.

The line-up for Kill-Town Death Fest is now Abhorrence, Tomb Mold and Vastum, with 37 more bands to go. I am so goddamn loving hyped :rock:

Tomb Mold alone is reason to get hyped. Gonna own. Wish I was in Denmark.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Tomb Mold alone is reason to get hyped. Gonna own. Wish I was in Denmark.

And they just announced Obliteration as well, goddamn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo_FJpFgjsk

:awesome:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Apparently there’s a new supergroup with David Vincent, Flo Mounier and Blasphemer:
https://vltimas.bandcamp.com/album/something-wicked-marches-in

Nope.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Dream Theater's last good album was Octavarium and they are garbage now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRdlY_usbiA

Content.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
do not disrespect david vincent's peacocking strat

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You guys ever think about how stupid of a stage name "Trey Azagthoth" is?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it's no nermal from behemoth, that's for sure

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tom G Warrior is peak big dick energy for metal names

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Vlad Blasphemer from Maniac Butcher is a goat name in metal as are the names in Blasphemy.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

You guys ever think about how stupid of a stage name "Trey Azagthoth" is?

Most stage names are stupid.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Dismember is gonna be playing Scandinavia Deathfest 2019 :shepspends:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Vulture Culture posted:

Dismember is gonna be playing Scandinavia Deathfest 2019 :shepspends:

I know, and with the original lineup :shepspends:

But I have way too many festivals and concerts in my calendar already, my girlfriend is starting to ask questions.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Kilometers Davis posted:

Tom G Warrior is peak big dick energy for metal names

until he fell from a tree in cherry orchard

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
ah gently caress it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEiQDQ1MyM

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Most stage names are stupid.

Yeah but if you just go by Azagthoth it’s stupid in a fun way. If you add your regular rear end human nickname it’s lame.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jeff Maleficus
Bob Thanatos
Peter Abaddon

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Yeah but if you just go by Azagthoth it’s stupid in a fun way. If you add your regular rear end human nickname it’s lame.

Actually it's precisely the other way around.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I guess, seems to me that putting the normal name on there is what makes it stupid in a fun way.

E- beaten

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

More stage names not less!

I like the goofy regular + metal name system tho

Hi I’m Travis Christcrusher

Owns

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Nordick posted:

Actually it's precisely the other way around.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

"Hi, my name is Rick Satanmurder and this is my band Nazarene Defiler"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dismember are reuniting for what is probably a one off show at Scandinavian Deathfest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dismember are reuniting for what is probably a one off show at Scandinavian Deathfest.

I am this || loving close to buying a ticket right now. Even if I have to be surrounded by Swedes.