Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pakled posted:

Ah yes, that's the point that professor was trying to make, that teaching math is racist, not that today's common math curricula overlook the contributions of non-white/European mathematicians, you nailed it Tinsley

To be fair, Tinsley wanted to call the guy up to ask him what he meant, but the phone number V-V-V-I-II-III-IV was too confusing for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

How much do you wanna bet Trump hasn't paid taxes in decades thanks to a combination of offshore banks, creative accounting, and loopholes designed for billionaires

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

This is such a contrived metaphor. Like the only way he could think of to communicate that this is a cartoon about taxes was to write it on the guy, which is so clumsy and direct that it makes the entire dog lecture conceit completely pointless and

why am I even bothering, Mike Lester beats his wife, and so on

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Pakled posted:

How much do you wanna bet Trump hasn't paid taxes in decades thanks to a combination of offshore banks, creative accounting, and loopholes designed for billionaires
Trump outright said he doesn't pay income taxes in the presidential debates and that makes him smart.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Trapezium Dave posted:

Trump outright said he doesn't pay income taxes in the presidential debates and that makes him smart.
But of course he’s also refused to let anyone verify that one way or the other even though he bragged about it because he couldn’t hold a coherent position on anything if he had a gun to his head. Probably literally.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pakled posted:

I was listening to the dollop 2 parter about Trump's early life and they concluded by saying that he got at least 885 million dollars of tax breaks from just NY.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Thank you for not arguing about Zelda!

Here is a present!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I know some crafty goon put the text from the last panel into the 5th panel.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Am I right in assuming that the soyboy meme just means someone who eats soy and is therefore a namby pamby leftie?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lodin posted:

Am I right in assuming that the soyboy meme just means someone who eats soy and is therefore a namby pamby leftie?

Who knows, the right's memes don't make any sense

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh deffo.

Looking forward to Marty Two Bulls commenting on Trumpys Pocahontas bullshit.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lodin posted:

Basically, but I think they back it up with :biotruths: about lowering testosterone or some stupid poo poo.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Tell me more about your opinions on the corporate tax rate Lester.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Perfect.

But really, I love how the message is "if you don't own a dog you can't possibly know how to treat them/train them." I wonder if this applies to legislating women's bodies?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Grimdude posted:

Perfect.

But really, I love how the message is "if you don't own a dog you can't possibly know how to treat them/train them." I wonder if this applies to legislating women's bodies?
I mean, that's kind of a moot argument since Lester definitely thinks he owns women's bodies.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Basically, but I think they back it up with :biotruths: about lowering testosterone or some stupid poo poo.

Raising estrogen.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Granted it's ben, but there should be a BANKRUPT on that wheel somewhere.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Only the landed gentry should have a say in our democracy. A 1776 cartoon.

quote:

Democrats are stopping the Republicans' dumb tax bill by... doing... some... thing...

The Hill posted:

Sen. Steve Daines (R-Mont.) on Monday became the second GOP senator to oppose the upper chamber's tax bill in its current form, raising concerns it does more to help corporations than other types of businesses.

"Sen. Daines has concerns with how the tax bill looks at main street versus large corporations," an aide to the Montana Republican said. "The Senator wants changes to the tax cut bill that ensure main street businesses are not put at a competitive disadvantage against large corporations."

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Weak.

The narrative power move is to gift some Mulan merchandise, maybe a pirated version of the movie in DVD.

Edit:

Ninjas where "assassins for hire" for the rich. Ninjas are Goons. Ninjas are bad.

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 28, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lodin posted:

basically
Here's a video explaining it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MS0TrsI7rE

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Title: "What are you doing with your Yuge tax cut?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

OK so in this metaphor dog ownership represents paying taxes, right?

soooo the dog owners hate owning dogs, wish they didn't have to own dogs, and want to kill their dogs or at least make people who can't afford to own dogs pay for their dog-related expenses

and you don't have to be a dog owner to know that's bullshit. AGC.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

China, center of capitalism and communism.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
What I don't get about Mike "Moe" Lester the Wife-Beater's cartoon is that the "guy with no dog" obviously has a dog. Just that it's an invisible one.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Keep in mind 4chan was eating whole raw onions to raise their testosterone so they could stay ahead of the Libs, these people are broken.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lodin posted:

Soy contains chemicals that (can, maybe) mimic estrogen in humans so to alt-right shitheads eating anything with soy is feminizing and a weapon that the Jews use to weaken the west. This is also the same set that refuses to wipe their own rear end because they think touching your butthole is dangerously homoerotic.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Soy contains chemicals that (can, maybe) mimic estrogen in humans so to alt-right shitheads eating anything with soy is feminizing and a weapon that the Jews use to weaken the west. This is also the same set that refuses to wipe their own rear end because they think touching your butthole is dangerously homoerotic.

Source required.

In fact. Make a thread.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I don't understand why someone wouldn't wipe their rear end, because clean buttholes feel good.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Technowolf posted:

Title: "What are you doing with your Yuge tax cut?

What's panel 4 referring to?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

FronzelNeekburm posted:

What's panel 4 referring to?

Peter Thiel and him trying to kill Gawker. I assume anyways.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bombadilillo posted:

Source required.

In fact. Make a thread.

I don't know about 4chan in particular but there are some men who don't wipe their asses because they think it's gay.

https://twitter.com/keithcalder/status/918598272243126272

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Democrats are stopping the Republicans' dumb tax bill by... doing... some... thing...
Well they wouldn't need every Republican to vote for it to pass it if some Democrats were willing to reach across the aisle in the name of bipartisanship and vote for the tax "reform" bill that they had no input on and the majority of Americans think is awful.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Bombadilillo posted:

Source required.

In fact. Make a thread.

It's been posted more than once in various threads throughout CSPAM (mostly but not limited to the alt-right thread and the various Trump threads).

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't understand why someone wouldn't wipe their rear end, because clean buttholes feel good.

They worry more about catching the gay than they do personal hygiene. Or much anything else, for that matter.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Wow. Imagine getting so turned on by your own rear end in a top hat you have to spend your life smelling like poo poo because if you touch it you will instantly go supergay.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain_Maclaine posted:

They worry more about catching the gay than they do personal hygiene. Or much anything else, for that matter.

Who would they catch the gay from, ghosts?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
gently caress the Salvation Army. I know Marlette isn't woke enough to get the memo that an organization that refuses to help homosexuals for religious reasons shouldn't be the most iconic holiday charity, but goddamn. gently caress the Salvation Army.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

Who would they catch the gay from, ghosts?

It certainly does put that Trump judicial nominee in a new light, doesn't it?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It certainly does put that Trump judicial nominee in a new light, doesn't it?

No Homogeist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

StealthArcher fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 28, 2017

• Locked thread