Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Nanigans posted:

Oh god, I forgot you can actually get it way sooner. You can buy replicas after you finish building the town. That's what I was thinking of.

poo poo, I think I found my reason to raid the castle before the first divine beast lol

I think you can only get it in Tarrey Town after you've got the original from the castle. Same as with the armour that guy sells; you have to have found at least one piece before he starts selling the set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm 55 hours until my second romp through BOTW. First was on Wii U at release and now it's Switch with the DLC.

I'm casually hunting for Tarry Town cause I don't remember where it is but I'm trying to do this as blind as possible. Is it on the Eastern side of the map?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm 55 hours until my second romp through BOTW. First was on Wii U at release and now it's Switch with the DLC.

I'm casually hunting for Tarry Town cause I don't remember where it is but I'm trying to do this as blind as possible. Is it on the Eastern side of the map?

Have you bought Link's house yet? The quest to start building Tarry Town doesn't start until you've purchased the house. It's in the middle of Lake Akkala joined by a land bridge, yes east side of the map

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Nope. Forgot all about buying a house!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wildtortilla posted:

Nope. Forgot all about buying a house!

You'll have to do all the house upgrades and pay it off before Tarrey Town quest will start. :) Have fun!

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Have you bought Link's house yet? The quest to start building Tarry Town doesn't start until you've purchased the house. It's in the middle of Lake Akkala joined by a land bridge, yes east side of the map

And always be bombing trees. See a tree, blow it up, collect wood.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

And always be bombing trees. See a tree, blow it up, collect wood.

:hai:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

sigher posted:

The Big Goron Sword
was the reward for the trading quest. the reward for collecting 100 skulltulas is infinite money, aka literally nothing. really it shouldn't be that surprising how collecting anything past half the korok seeds is pointless, stuff like this is pretty much a series trademark

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I don't remember

jealous

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Haven't played Wind Waker since it came out but I don't remember going from finding the bombs to finding BOTH bomb bag upgrades all within 15 minutes.

Also I forgot the sad face the fairies make when you bottle them, this game is the best.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Amppelix posted:

was the reward for the trading quest. the reward for collecting 100 skulltulas is infinite money, aka literally nothing. really it shouldn't be that surprising how collecting anything past half the korok seeds is pointless, stuff like this is pretty much a series trademark

I guess, the original Link's Awakening I believe gave you a really good sword upgrade.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

sigher posted:

I guess, the original Link's Awakening I believe gave you a really good sword upgrade.

Original Link's Awakening had a few extra shells iirc, so getting all of them actually did nothing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think I got that basically by accident when first checking out Hyrule Castle.

I do like that you're basically encouraged to raid the endgame dungeon for loot long before you're ready to face the final boss.

I didn't go near the castle until I was confident that I was basically done with the game. I was worried I'd go too far in and stumble across Ganon.

Also BotW is already four years old. :(

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

stev posted:

I didn't go near the castle until I was confident that I was basically done with the game. I was worried I'd go too far in and stumble across Ganon.
and then he'd delete your save file for daring to approach him? what exactly was the problem

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Amppelix posted:

and then he'd delete your save file for daring to approach him? what exactly was the problem

I avoided the castle too - wasn't sure if I'd get locked into some endgame scenario I wasn't prepared for.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I sneaked into the docks early and snaffled myself a GIANT FLAMING SWORD. Then I decided the clever thing to do was exit with my loot via the map, which was when I found out that dumps you at the castle exit overlooking Castle Town (with chest radar pinging like mad). Oh my god it was a thrill. Heart in my mouth all the time. Can't recommend early Hyrule Castle tourism highly enough.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

You'll have to do all the house upgrades and pay it off before Tarrey Town quest will start. :) Have fun!

I don't think you have to fully decorate your house before the Tarrey Town quest starts, but you do need to buy the house and do some of the basic renovations.

I put the fire, ice and lightning greatswords on my weapon displays.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ve never gone straight to Hyrule Castle right after dropping off the great plateau. Gonna start a new run soon and try that. Goal will be to get to the Hylian shield in the dungeon cell block.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I don't think you have to fully decorate your house before the Tarrey Town quest starts, but you do need to buy the house and do some of the basic renovations.

I put the fire, ice and lightning greatswords on my weapon displays.

I put the original champion weapons on mine and never used them once. I know I can get new ones, but it feels wrong breaking a century-old relic from my friends

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

pooch516 posted:

Original Link's Awakening had a few extra shells iirc, so getting all of them actually did nothing.

Once you got 20 and got the sword the rest disappeared and were replaced with rupees, so it’s kinda like collecting all of them!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Eox posted:

I put the original champion weapons on mine and never used them once. I know I can get new ones, but it feels wrong breaking a century-old relic from my friends

Same, and for the same reason.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Unlocked my first Legendary skill last night. Putting that on a 5-star dual-element 4+ weapon :feelsgood:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Nanigans posted:

BotW's end-game-ish reward of the Hylian Shield (which is basically unbreakable) was pretty neat too.

Gats Akimbo posted:

I think you can only get it in Tarrey Town after you've got the original from the castle. Same as with the armour that guy sells; you have to have found at least one piece before he starts selling the set.

I've played so much Breath of the Wild that I am on my third Hero's Shield. Keep in mind that I almost exclusively use sword & board.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m making my way through Wind Waker HD for the first time. I like it a lot. It’s a cute and fun game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

chaosapiant posted:

I’m making my way through Wind Waker HD for the first time. I like it a lot. It’s a cute and fun game.

I don’t quite put it up on the pedestal a lot of other goons do, the ocean got boring for me fast. But the music is the best in all of Zelda, and some of the dungeons are the best in all of Zelda too. I like the game’s version of Ganon, it’s an awesome unique take, though I like Calamity Ganon more.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

chaosapiant posted:

I've never actually played the HD version, can you still get Link to meow when he's following whatsername the safebreaker around? It's quite possibly the silliest and most delightful easter egg in all of Zelda.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I regret to inform everyone that Worst Link has risen from his slumber and will be making his shameful return ASAP.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Do you think it was awkward when Zelda 1/2 Link saved the second Princess Zelda? Which one of them gets to be next in line? Did one of them have to change her name so that it was clear which Zelda they were talking about?

night slime
May 14, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-3VL-_AvK4

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can't believe Link made out with Zelda's great grandma

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I was going to say Zelda 1/2 Link is the only one to rescue two Princess Zeldas, but that might not be true. If you believe what Nintendo says that the Oracle Link is the same as LttP Link (which I personally do not) then there would need to be two Zeldas, as the Zelda he rescues in the Oracle games doesn't recognize him, seeming to have never met him. That, or she suffers from amnesia.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

is nintendo lying about the links??

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Twelve by Pies posted:

Do you think it was awkward when Zelda 1/2 Link saved the second Princess Zelda? Which one of them gets to be next in line? Did one of them have to change her name so that it was clear which Zelda they were talking about?

lol I didn't know that, I thought that Zelda was just unluckier than normal. Obviously they had a princess fight afterwards to determine which was the True Zelda.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Zelda has a prescription drug problem.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I regret to inform everyone that Worst Link has risen from his slumber and will be making his shameful return ASAP.

Well excuuuuuse me, princess

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I don’t know about Worst Link, but Best Link was recently revealed.

https://youtu.be/lDPRwLlpdTU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

b_d posted:

is nintendo lying about the links??

Yes. It's a weird hill to die on but I will. They're also lying about LBW being a sequel to LttP (it's a prequel).

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So I’m trying to collect all the Zelda games between my Wii-U and 3DS. I think I have every single game except for Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures. Is there currently a way to obtain these games through official means with the systems I have? Or am I relegated to emulation if I really want to play them?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Gats Akimbo posted:

I've never actually played the HD version, can you still get Link to meow when he's following whatsername the safebreaker around? It's quite possibly the silliest and most delightful easter egg in all of Zelda.

Wait...what???

I've played through that game more times that I've made my parents proud and I never knew you could do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Wait...what???

I've played through that game more times that I've made my parents proud and I never knew you could do this

if Mila notices you while you're tailing her but you quickly hide around a corner Link will pretend to be a cat to get her to go away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DucqEmj_yjM
and yeah it's in the HD version