Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Alhazred posted:

It does and its super annoying:argh:
I was looking at them on Amazon and noticed it. I have some gift cards so I'm tempted to splash out on the omnis, even though they're a bit expensive now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I received a trade paperback through the mail, problem: the book's cover is dirty. It's covered by a dust and has few dusty stain, how do I remove those?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Kurtofan posted:

I received a trade paperback through the mail, problem: the book's cover is dirty. It's covered by a dust and has few dusty stain, how do I remove those?

Send it back? I mean I know things being spotless is kinda this thread's thing, but isn't that literally the point of the cover?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

Um...a paper towel...?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Just Offscreen posted:

Send it back? I mean I know things being spotless is kinda this thread's thing, but isn't that literally the point of the cover?

It was grainy to the touch, I used a wet wipe and a paper towel and it feels right now, and the stains were part of the artwork woops.

redbackground posted:

Um...a paper towel...?

That's what I did yeah, I was afraid it might damage it :v:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Did the Hawkeye Fraction omnibus get pushed back again? Its still listed as October 20th on Amazon but cheapgraphicnovels.com isn't even listing it anymore.

Also is there going to be a omnibus collection of the recent Deadpool or Ms. Marvel runs?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Did the Hawkeye Fraction omnibus get pushed back again? Its still listed as October 20th on Amazon but cheapgraphicnovels.com isn't even listing it anymore.

Also is there going to be a omnibus collection of the recent Deadpool or Ms. Marvel runs?

Fraction Hawkeye Omni comes out Wednesday. Ms Marvel has one OSHC out already, the Duggan/Posehn run has three.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

At my local comic book store I see Strangers in Paradise omnibus. It's three hardcover books (two main and one cover books). Is this different than the softcover omnibus listed on Amazon? From my understanding the softcovers had some art redone as well as some story flow changes. Anyone know what is specifically different from the two that are offered?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

At my local comic book store I see Strangers in Paradise omnibus. It's three hardcover books (two main and one cover books). Is this different than the softcover omnibus listed on Amazon? From my understanding the softcovers had some art redone as well as some story flow changes. Anyone know what is specifically different from the two that are offered?

The content is identical I think.

Anyone want any of this stuff?
http://imgur.com/a/kxS5p
GL books would be sold as a lot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm interested in the Orion book.

Someone with good taste should buy the Thor book.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm intrested in the GL lot, and the Thor Omni.

I'd probably look at those Batman and Robin books, but I JUST bought them.

Norns fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 20, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Quote is not edit.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

The content is identical I think.

Anyone want any of this stuff?
http://imgur.com/a/kxS5p
GL books would be sold as a lot.

How much for the Thor Omni?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

I'm interested in the Orion book.

Someone with good taste should buy the Thor book.

PM me.

Norns posted:

I'm intrested in the GL lot, and the Thor Omni.

I'd probably look at those Batman and Robin books, but I JUST bought them.

PM me.

Senor Candle posted:

Senor Candle posted:

Considering how hard as gently caress it is to find and it's still in the original wrap I'm looking for $200. I ad a buyer but he got laid off and told me not to wait so I know $200 isn't insane.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Ah that's a bit out of my range right now! Maybe someday I'll grab one of those.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I like Morrison's work a lot but I have no idea what this is. Is this thing any good?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

I like Morrison's work a lot but I have no idea what this is. Is this thing any good?

It's amazing and for that price you'd be a fool not to get it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Rhyno posted:

It's amazing and for that price you'd be a fool not to get it.

Cool. I'll be picking it up along with the Hawkeye omnibus.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Is there anything (interesting) in the Multiversity HC that wasn't in the singles?

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Is there anything (interesting) in the Multiversity HC that wasn't in the singles?

Off the top of my head, not really. There's a cover gallery at the back and the usual sketches and whatnot, which are nice to have but by no means essential. There's nothing from the Pax Americana Directors Cut issue either. One nice touch though is that the reverse of the dus-tjacket is the map of the multiverse

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is Locke & Key worth picking up and waiting for the Master Edition? Or should I just pick up the 10 books with the giant slip case? I've never read the series but I hear good things about it.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

obi_ant posted:

Is Locke & Key worth picking up and waiting for the Master Edition? Or should I just pick up the 10 books with the giant slip case? I've never read the series but I hear good things about it.

It's only 6 books?

I liked it but don't think the art really needs an oversized version, so digital would be fine too. The whole thing was part of a humble bundle earlier this year so maybe wait for an Xmas sale. The slipcase is apparently just the softcovers in a box.

That said I never actually read the last few issues so for all I know it takes a giant poo poo at the end.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There is a slipcase for the hardcovers as well (i own it). I wanted to jump on the OSHC versions but they announced one version at C2E2 like 4 years ago and then never released it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If I want to get back into Usagi Yojimbo, but no longer have my Fantagraphics trades, what are the best collections to get? I know the Dark Horse run has started to get collected in the "Usagi Yojimbo Saga" books, but what about the Fantagraphics run?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Wheat Loaf posted:

If I want to get back into Usagi Yojimbo, but no longer have my Fantagraphics trades, what are the best collections to get? I know the Dark Horse run has started to get collected in the "Usagi Yojimbo Saga" books, but what about the Fantagraphics run?

Fantagraphics just reprinted their entire run in a set.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Would that be this collection, by any chance? The description says it's the complete run but there's a "2" on the item's title...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, that's it. Not sure why they put the 2 in the title, though. The US listing doesn't have that.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Maybe the 2 is for "2 books".

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I just wanted to say I'm very glad this thread exists. All the local comic book shops in the city have a very poor selection and typically only carry floppies. I don't have any friends into comic books so this is really the only place I come for suggestions. Thanks guys for all the advice and on point suggestions over the years.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'd like to quickly talk about how upset I am that I can only find the second Hickman Fantastic 4 omni for an acceptable price.

How long does it generally take for reprints?

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Norns posted:

I'd like to quickly talk about how upset I am that I can only find the second Hickman Fantastic 4 omni for an acceptable price.

Well, based roughly off Amazon reviews the Miller DD omni got a reprint after about 7 years. Same with Uncanny Xmen. Kirbyville F4 got one after 8 years.

I think reprints happen when there's a movie or other media property that would go with it so....... good luck with that F4 omni.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Norns posted:

There will be a "Ultimate Collecton" series long before they ever reprint the Hickman omni. You're just gonna have to suck it up and pay the price if you really want it.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Wait a minute... I have this Daredevil omnibus... but apparently there is another one by Frank Miller?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

obi_ant posted:

Wait a minute... I have this Daredevil omnibus... but apparently there is another one by Frank Miller?

Yes. The second one has Born Again and its fucken awesome.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

I guess I better start saving...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

It also has Badlands, a one-off with great John Buscema art.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Those of you who have and use public libraries (which is hopefully most of you), check your library websites to see if they have added a new online service called Hoopla Digital. Mine added it earlier this year. You can create a free Hoopla account with your library card number, and then you can stream or (temporarily) download audiobooks, movies, TV shows, or music albums to your computers, tablets, or phones. It's very similar to Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, in that you can browse categories, search, and add things to a list of favorites. There is a Hoopla Digital app, of course.

You can usually keep things in your Hoopla account for 21 days, and then they either disappear (the system automatically checks them back in), or you can return them once you're done. And at least my public library set it up so I can check out a total of six items per month. That isn't a lot, the way I blow through media, but it's still a nice added feature. I was finally able to see The Long Goodbye thanks to Hoopla, which is of particular interest to anyone who read and enjoyed Matt Fraction's Hawkeye series.

But the reason I'm mentioning this here is because about a month ago, they added a whole category of comic books, which is mostly trade paperbacks. They include DC/Vertigo (mostly New 52 TPBs, with some perennial favorites like Watchmen, Sandman, Preacher, and Fables), Dark Horse (tons of stuff), Image (I'm finally going to get to read Velvet, Lazarus, and Satellite Sam), Valiant (ditto for Archer and Armstrong), IDW (no James Roberts Transformers TPBs yet, but lots of other TF stuff, and a whole category for Doctor Who, for those who are into that). Marvel's absence is very obvious.

I had never downloaded a comic before, don't have Comixology or any other apps like that, but it hasn't been bad at all reading comics on my iPad through the Hoopla Digital app. So far, I've finally gotten to read the first Justice League 3000 TPB (not my thing, although I appreciate that it brought back Beetle and Booster), the last two Batman Inc. TPBs to finally finish Morrison's epic Batman run, and now I've moved onto Lemire's Green Arrow run, which is excellent so far. My public library has a decent collection of TPBs, but there is still plenty of stuff they don't have that I'd like to read, and now much of it has been added to Hoopla Digital.

So check to see if you all have access... but you don't have to take my word for it!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 2, 2015

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Pinched from the Masterworks Messageboard... a new listing has appeared for Starman Omnibus vol 3 PB on Amazon.com. showing a possible Jul 2016 release date

edit: Couple of other things to mention from the Amazon fish is a second Perez WW omnibus and Preacher getting the Absolute treatment.

Shameless fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 2, 2015

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cool... taking almost a year to put out a reissue. I guess it's better than nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

obi_ant posted:

I guess I better start saving...

You cold simply buy a much cheaper trade of Born Again. Marvel has reprinted it a million times, and for good reason.