Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trump don't be mean to your Eskimo brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

just because he has dementia that doesn't make him any less of a piece of poo poo. it's not like a switch flipped and rational adult trump instantly turned into petulant baby trump.

That is the thing, a switch didn't flip, what we are seeing is Donald Trump, the man himself. If he didn't emerge from the womb like this, he at least was acting like this by day one of the presidency.

This is just who he is. Had he not inherited a real estate empire and fortune, his character may not have mattered to world.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Pretty sure that's the Donnie Jumping Jehoshaphat Trump kiss of death

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

Yeah, I expect a lot of "my opinion on that is.." and "I'm not able to answer that" responses. If anyone expects him to stand up, flip the table over, and roar "I'VE SEEN THE PISS TAPE!" you're going to be disappointed.

What we will likely get is a lot of discussions of his private interactions with Trump and dubious, weird things that Trump did in those interactions to try to get Comey on his side. Everything else juicy is either classified and thus won't be discussed in the open session or conflicts with the special investigator and so he'll have to give non-answers.

We might get lucky and he gives republican committee members some civics lessons when they use their time to spout some insane poo poo.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Heh heh he hee hee

Caufman
May 7, 2007

bedpan posted:

It could be that Trump, like a whole lot of other insanely wealthy people, doesn't see the money as money anymore, but as a way of keeping score. Rack up as many points as you can on every deal to show you are the best.

Or, like Three Olives says, he is indeed leveraged to the hilt and is essentially living one day at a time with what essentially are "small-time" scams and cons.

I like these hypotheses. Reading about the way the Trump Organization likes to operate on internal chaos, I also wonder if it wasn't an underling money manager who made the actual graft. If the Trump Org is really a place where the boss likes to watch the lieutenants kill and eat their young, that's a corporate culture that encourages taking short term gains even at long term costs.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Caufman posted:

I like these hypotheses. Reading about the way the Trump Organization likes to operate on internal chaos, I also wonder if it wasn't an underling money manager who made the actual graft. If the Trump Org is really a place where the boss likes to watch the lieutenants kill and eat their young, that's a corporate culture that encourages taking short term gains even at long term costs.

So Sears?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

paul_soccer10 posted:

Pages ago but worth quoting

Trudeau's the worst kind of scumbag, because he's all smiles and progressive to your face but actually quite all about loving over the poor and environment.

At least with Trump you know that you're eating poo poo for dinner. Trudeau will tell you he's serving steak before serving you poo poo.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

bedpan posted:

Had he not inherited a real estate empire and fortune, his character may not have mattered to world.

This sounds like the opening line to a Discworld novel.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Guys I tried to draw Donald Trump and process it on that Fotogenerator site but...

I accidentally created Donon Tump.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.3ae62c3af6df

quote:

The nation’s top intelligence official told associates in March that President Drumpf asked him if he could intervene with then-FBI Director James B. Comey to get the bureau to back off its focus on former national security adviser Michael Flynn in its Russia probe, according to officials.

On March 22, less than a week after being confirmed by the Senate, Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats attended a briefing at the White House together with officials from several government agencies. As the briefing was wrapping up, Drumpf asked everyone to leave the room except for Coats and CIA Director Mike Pompeo.

The president then started complaining about the FBI investigation and Comey’s handling of it, said officials familiar with the account Coats gave to associates. Two days earlier, Comey had confirmed in a congressional hearing that the bureau was probing whether Drumpf’s campaign coordinated with Russia during the 2016 race.

[Inside Drumpf’s anger and impatience — and his sudden decision to fire Comey]

After the encounter, Coats discussed the conversation with other officials and decided that intervening with Comey as Drumpf had suggested would be inappropriate, according to officials who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal matters.....

Coats will testify on Wednesday before the Senate Intelligence Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Get ready for the purestrain lol to start a day before Comey

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Trudeau's the worst kind of scumbag, because he's all smiles and progressive to your face but actually quite all about loving over the poor and environment.

At least with Trump you know that you're eating poo poo for dinner. Trudeau will tell you he's serving steak before serving you poo poo.

this is one of the shittier bits about trump - trudeau and macron and merkel are rear end but look like glowing angels next to the trumpster.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is one of the shittier bits about trump - trudeau and macron and merkel are rear end but look like glowing angels next to the trumpster.

Yeah i was about to say. I'm no fan of smiley glad-hand neoliberal hucksters but comparing trudeau to trump is like comparing assholes to oranges

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

He makes whoever is next to him look so much better that he even got the majority of the voting public to vote for Hillary Clinton

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

lol

as this would have any loving value in anything other than stirring up poo poo with Trumpsters

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

moose face posted:

Yeah i was about to say. I'm no fan of smiley glad-hand neoliberal hucksters but comparing trudeau to trump is like comparing assholes to oranges

Ehhhhh those First Nations who Trudeau authorized building pipelines across against their wishes, after campaigning not to, might disagree.

Seriously gently caress Trudeau.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Ehhhhh those First Nations who Trudeau authorized building pipelines across against their wishes, after campaigning not to, might disagree.

I stand by my assholes to oranges

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

okay let's make a trade

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

okay let's make a trade

He'd be out of a job first parliamentary session

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
For real, I will take the kayaking, back-stabbing handsome young prime minister over our fat, orange, retarded piece of poo poo billionaire president

cmon lets trade

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

nooneofconsequence posted:

okay let's make a trade

As long as he ruins the Liberal Party brand as badly as he's doing the Trump brand, I have no problem with this

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Scyantific posted:

Yeah as much as we want Comey to nail Herr-Drumpf to the wall it ain't gonna happen. He'll most likely just clarify a bunch of retarded poo poo Donnie has said to him over the course of this freakshow.

Well, he's probably at least going to refute the stuff Trump claimed happened in his tweets.

Which is bigger news than you'd think at first glace, since today Spicer said that Trump's tweets "are Trumps official word".
First, other White House officials have said that the tweets are not his official word, so this is some very bizarre back and forth.
And second, Trump tweeted that Comey told Trump that he's not under investigation.

So even if all Comey does is clarify things that Trump has claimed, that's the former FBI director basically refuting the POTUS on a world stage. Even if nothing major comes out, or comes from this directly, it's still a majorly humiliating thing for the President.

And that is really loving funny.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
WashPo: "Trump, furious and frustrated, gears up to ‘punch back’ at Comey testimony"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f83b_story.html

quote:

Trump is keen to be a participant rather than just another viewer, two senior White House officials said, including the possibility of taking to Twitter to offer acerbic commentary during the hearing.

:pray:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Also, god drat, this is truly the leakiest (lol) administration:

quote:

This account of Trump’s mind-set and the preparations of his team in the run-up to Comey’s testimony is based on interviews with 20 White House officials, Trump friends and other senior Republicans, many of whom spoke only on the condition of anonymity to offer candid perspectives.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

wait wait wait

someone's paying for ads discrediting comey already?

lol

as people mentioned, I doubt the comey hearing will be that lol worthy, but the tweets afterwards (during) from Trump should be worth a lol

the media circus afterwards (during) should be good too. basically anything that gets said will be quoted out of context to let each side hear what it wants to hear (i.e. lookin forward to trump tweets)

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Catastrophe posted:

Guys I tried to draw Donald Trump and process it on that Fotogenerator site but...

I accidentally created Donon Tump.

Dammit, I wanted to try this out and all I got was a stupid error :(
I even spent 2 full minutes on this and everything :(

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Just discovered this. :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_orb

:orb:

Caufman
May 7, 2007

You worked at a Sears? I worked at a Wells Fargo.

poo poo storms smell bad, I tell you what.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Catastrophe posted:

Yeah, I expect a lot of "my opinion on that is.." and "I'm not able to answer that" responses. If anyone expects him to stand up, flip the table over, and roar "I'VE SEEN THE PISS TAPE!" you're going to be disappointed.

How could he have seen the piss tape? Russia has that.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wow in 2017 the POTUS will be live tweeting a Senate committee testimony gently caress flying cars this is the future I really want

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

NotWearingPants posted:

How could he have seen the piss tape? Russia has that.

IF they did, why would they turn it over now? If u do u die without putys permission.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Does Donald Trump really have the attention span to watch CSPAN? I think he might be biting off more than he can chew here. Live tweeting the Fox & Friends take on the Comey testimony is really more his speed.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I look forward to Trump's post-stroke Tweets

Caufman
May 7, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

Does Donald Trump really have the attention span to watch CSPAN? I think he might be biting off more than he can chew here. Live tweeting the Fox & Friends take on the Comey testimony is really more his speed.

It really depends on how much of the program is about himself. When the questions turn to something other than Donald Trump, Trump is liable to get bored and insert himself again.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/872258077608771584

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Caufman posted:

You worked at a Sears? I worked at a Wells Fargo.

poo poo storms smell bad, I tell you what.

Sears had a similar dept vs dept approach dictated by the CEO

Caufman
May 7, 2007
"You gotta pass the buck to make a buck*," - Jon Stumpf, Wells Fargo Vi$ion and Value$

*No, not really.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Please let this be the thing

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Jestery posted:

Please let this be the thing

there is no way this will be the thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

I don't know if I can keep edging like this until Thursday. I'm gonna bust a huge, ropey lol nut when he loses it on Twitter.