Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

anyone with half a brain would be preparing to jump ship at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I desperately want Trump to assign a higher-priority role to Pence. If he just lurks in the background he'll get to come in looking like a grown-up when Trump leaves office. He needs to catch some poo poo splatter.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EvilJoven posted:

As much as he might be relatively better than Trump, please everyone, stop swooning over our silver spoon sucking out of touch with reality Eddie Haskell channeling pseudo progressive Prime Minister Selfie.

Pages ago but worth quoting

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/872220058935754757

:pray:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

lolling at Trump being angry about literally the only ethical thing Sessions has done in office.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Rumors have it that Comey will fall short of saying Trump actually obstructed justice

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh my god please let sessions get hosed

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm hoping some of this stuff finally starts to matter. And ideally around mid-terms. But then again, LOL at the idea of the Democrats successfully capitalizing on any of this or demonstrating any type of competence.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

ima dance when racist elf gets thrown overboard

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Trump is literally stealing money for sick children and it's barely even a blip on the radar. We're not even halfway through the first year.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
id give my left nut to tell Donny

nice meltdown :grin:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Because you're in NYC, or you're like crazy bad at shopping

Already got better at shopping. Bought grapes and bananas at glorious German trader joes and paid $5 instead of ten at the other place! Sorry trump, merkelshops are better!

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRQRWrhfYs

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

E: ^^^ lol that almost seems like a parody

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/872223904504451073

I'm interested in how interpreters deal with conversations between two demented world leaders.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 7, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh my god we really might invade qatar. unfortunately, that is more likely to kill off qatar's slave population than it is the slavers.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

It was explained to me once that the president wasn't actually that powerful but that it was congress which really controlled the country

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in theory, there is a system of checks and balances between the three branches. in practice, lol.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh my god we really might invade qatar

We have a major Air Force base there so it's pre-invaded

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh my god we really might invade qatar. unfortunately, that is more likely to kill off qatar's slave population than it is the slavers.

I cannot believe this is an elaborate ruse for moving the world cup to USA, trump is a secret fan, 29th dimensional chess.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

It was explained to me once that the president wasn't actually that powerful but that it was congress which really controlled the country

Nah the pres can pretty much take the country off to war by himself these days. There were supposed to be checks and balances but no one cared when those got crushed, so now Trump. :patriot:

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Honj Steak posted:

Already got better at shopping. Bought grapes and bananas at glorious German trader joes and paid $5 instead of ten at the other place! Sorry trump, merkelshops are better!

I don't think we have german trader joes. You probably went to the german ocean state job lot.

While you're in nyc, go to McSorley's. It still looks exactly like it did in that picture of Woody Gutherie, so you can imagine him standing by the stove singing songs about Trump's dad.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/HaitianDiva2012/status/872224177490726912

Ba-dum-tss

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/872174017406521344

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

lol :rip:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jose posted:

reminder they control all branches of government

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/stat...genumber%3D2407

A fake President signing fake legislation, checks out.

fishing with the fam posted:

*Pulls the sheet off the terrorist ghost*

It was old man Qatar all along!

:hmbol:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Awesome. Playing the cool dad

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Rumors have it that Comey will fall short of saying Trump actually obstructed justice

Comey's a witness, not judge and jury in this case.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Trump is 1000% going to accuse comey of perjury in real time and I can't wait

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Good god. GOOD GOD he still thinks he's competing with other politicians and staffers for TV ratings as if he's still on reality TV. It's like how senile old people get stuck in time upstairs and can't figure out that their husband actually died 24 years ago and isn't still alive. He's brain passed dementia line back on The Apprentice and now he's stuck in that mentality forever.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah as much as we want Comey to nail Herr-Drumpf to the wall it ain't gonna happen. He'll most likely just clarify a bunch of retarded poo poo Donnie has said to him over the course of this freakshow.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Shadow0 posted:

I can't begin to imagine how the electronic system isn't better, faster, safer, and more reliable. It's like the most basic program you can possibly write and should never need any kind up updating except a new list of names every so often. Maybe it's in the transmission of the data? But even then, how can we have secure credit card transactions all the time, but can't handle this? If you're really worried, you can physically hand over the data or something.

Digital attacks can scale upwards easily due to by network and programming.paper ballots are less susceptible​ to voter fraud because one person can only do so much damage

turn off the TV posted:

E: ^^^ lol that almost seems like a parody

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/872223904504451073

I'm interested in how interpreters deal with conversations between two demented world leaders.

Am interpreter, currently impossible

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Catastrophe posted:

Good god. GOOD GOD he still thinks he's competing with other politicians and staffers for TV ratings as if he's still on reality TV. It's like how senile old people get stuck in time upstairs and can't figure out that their husband actually died 24 years ago and isn't still alive. He's brain passed dementia line back on The Apprentice and now he's stuck in that mentality forever.

lol if you still think Trump is actually senile or dementia addled

don't be complicit in excuses like that

Donald Trump is a sane, rational man - fully in command of his mind and body - who is consciously going about the duties associated with the office of the President of the United States of America.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Scyantific posted:

Yeah as much as we want Comey to nail Herr-Drumpf to the wall it ain't gonna happen. He'll most likely just clarify a bunch of retarded poo poo Donnie has said to him over the course of this freakshow.

So will others. And another enters the ring. Tomorrow!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...f83b_story.html

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Scyantific posted:

Yeah, I expect a lot of "my opinion on that is.." and "I'm not able to answer that" responses. If anyone expects him to stand up, flip the table over, and roar "I'VE SEEN THE PISS TAPE!" you're going to be disappointed.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Comey will conduct him self in a professional manner and it won't at all be hilarious in anyway.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bedpan posted:

lol if you still think Trump is actually senile or dementia addled

don't be complicit in excuses like that

Donald Trump is a sane, rational man - fully in command of his mind and body - who is consciously going about the duties associated with the office of the President of the United States of America.

just because he has dementia that doesn't make him any less of a piece of poo poo. it's not like a switch flipped and rational adult trump instantly turned into petulant baby trump.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Comey is gonna say "at no time did I tell the president he was not under investigation, that would be a serious breach of protocol" and in real time Trump is gonna tweet "Comey tells me I'm not under investigation, but has a different story after fired! Liar!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Three Olives posted:

With the tax return stuff I am beginning to think more and more that Trump is living the wealthy version of living paycheck to paycheck, that it's all a financial house of cards. Like why else would someone worth billions or even hundreds of millions care so much about money going to charity?

yellowD posted:

Was just about to make that point. A real billionaire wouldn't be grifting for 200k. You'd make that in investment interest in a day*.

*assuming 5% return on 1b invested, it's more like 137k

It could be that Trump, like a whole lot of other insanely wealthy people, doesn't see the money as money anymore, but as a way of keeping score. Rack up as many points as you can on every deal to show you are the best.

Or, like Three Olives says, he is indeed leveraged to the hilt and is essentially living one day at a time with what essentially are "small-time" scams and cons.