Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
because our cultures conception of masculinity is a disease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mirthless posted:

i'm so fuckin mad now i can't even articulate how fuckin mad i am at everyone butting into these guys' lives

how can you get mad at the kind of oddball that gets distraught that the D&D nerd's cut off his chances of getting his dick wet on the notorious fuckfest that is the goddamn machu picchu selfie trail

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 21, 2017

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Maybe they think they should branch out from playing Dungeons and Dragons with their mom every weekend? It sounds cute for the sake of the thread but if they're socially stunted in general that may be why they're getting signals from their peers.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Tiny Deer posted:

Mirthless is worse but if you find yourself agreeing with Pick's trolling too much, do what I do: expose yourself to stories of men being kind, decent human beings. They exist.

its okay, I don't hate all men. Most men I know are actually fairly kind , decent humans. The problem is that they're all close and old friends who started as cheaty dumpster fires of human beings when we became friends, that are now okay, because being vain teens in a shithole scene ruins people idk? I promise I know good men exist I guess?

L

Lone Goat posted:

Sometimes Pick is on her meds when she posts, and has a good opinion. Everything's going to be okay.

Does pick actually take meds and go off them, is this a thing she said or is she just on her meds and right when you think shes right about poo poo?
...not trying to be a dick, just all I've seen is her being "normal" or normalish or doing the obviously troll character and I dont know where meds fit there. But thank you :)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Pick's posts are either (sometimes both) serious or trolling depending on the situation and the deadpan delivery can often make it hard to tell.

if you disagree with something Pick posts to the point where your knee starts to jerk, just assume she's trolling.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

its okay, I don't hate all men. Most men I know are actually fairly kind , decent humans. The problem is that they're all close and old friends who started as cheaty dumpster fires of human beings when we became friends, that are now okay, because being vain teens in a shithole scene ruins people idk? I promise I know good men exist I guess?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/man-dog-lake-superior-photo-_n_1755609.html

but nah men cannot feel empathy so lol

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

One thing you can be sure of is that Pick is dead loving serious about taxidermy.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Pick is a good poster and I hope she moves out of Portland and makes good friends.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Mirthless posted:

Pick's posts are either (sometimes both) serious or trolling depending on the situation and the deadpan delivery can often make it hard to tell.

if you disagree with something Pick posts to the point where your knee starts to jerk, just assume she's trolling.

She's assured me her pro-Dragon Age 2 posts are genuine tho

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Horny idiots obsessing over the girl poster with brain disease in the Reddit relationship mock thread for the freaking win

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Horny idiots obsessing over the girl poster with brain disease in the Reddit relationship mock thread for the freaking win

I can obsess over you too if you want. I have room in my heart :bigtran:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Pick is right about Dragon Age 2 :colbert:

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I think it's a lot weirder that you guys all apparently want to gently caress me, since obviously that's what commenting on a poster's posting means, right?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
i mean don't get me wrong guys, i'm a catch, but drat, i'm married and i don't want to gently caress you. stop commenting on my posting, you're not gonna get into my boxer-briefs, just forget it

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

because our cultures conception of masculinity is a disease

I cannot think of a single social circle I've ever traveled in during these last 32 years that would treat this guy the way he's saying they are. He's found a special pocket of stupidity to take his sample from.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There's two things that reach down into the toxic waste dumps that are men's soul and touch the last remaining core of humanity that sleeps dormant within us, and that's dogs and cartoon robots.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

blarzgh posted:

I cannot think of a single social circle I've ever traveled in during these last 32 years that would treat this guy the way he's saying they are. He's found a special pocket of stupidity to take his sample from.

I've met a few particularly bro-ey dudes who'd make dumb jokes along those lines and a few ridiculous insecure turbonerds who'd be knocked into an existential crisis by those offhand jokes

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Mirthless posted:

Of all the things for the both of you to agree on, it's the game that had a pristine dead body in your companion's house for a decade.

edit:

purple death ray posted:

There's two things that reach down into the toxic waste dumps that are men's soul and touch the last remaining core of humanity that sleeps dormant within us, and that's dogs and cartoon robots.

This is accurate.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Mirthless posted:

it's loving bad, actually

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I've met a few particularly bro-ey dudes who'd make dumb jokes along those lines and a few ridiculous insecure turbonerds who'd be knocked into an existential crisis by those offhand jokes

I'm sure they're out there, but the numbers have to be so few and far between that these guys have either:

a) self-selected this group of weirdos, or
b) there is more to the story they aren't telling us, or
c) they're actually giant man-babies and their friends are just busting their balls.

(Edit: I played college lacrosse; I kno the bro.)

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
God this thread gets so lame when it reaches a critical mass of terrible posters. Please shoot it, or me

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

blarzgh posted:

I'm sure they're out there, but the numbers have to be so few and far between that these guys have either:

a) self-selected this group of weirdos, or
b) there is more to the story they aren't telling us, or
c) they're actually giant man-babies and their friends are just busting their balls.

(Edit: I played college lacrosse; I kno the bro.)

From having had to listen to similar bullshit before I'm just figuring there was like one vague comment per paraphrase and nerdlinger here is hyping it up as a torrent of withering criticism from all sides because he is a putz

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

From having had to listen to similar bullshit before I'm just figuring there was like one vague comment per paraphrase and nerdlinger here is hyping it up as a torrent of withering criticism from all sides because he is a putz

Gagree

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Psycho Society posted:

God this thread gets so lame when it reaches a critical mass of terrible posters. Please shoot it, or me

If you're dissatisfied, post a story that gets people talking.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Those are the only posts I promise you are 100% true and real.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

That would make sense. I could see joking around about it lightly, but he's acting like it's some serious thing to them.

His uncle sounds like a big dummy "take her somewhere she doesn't want to go so she can sit around doing something she doesn't want to do". Real great advice, champ.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Usually when I'm trolling it's because I want to hear someone else articulate the reasons I feel a certain way, and it's way easier to get someone to do that if you take the opposite stance. People put way more effort into telling you why you're wrong than why you're right, and you get good information for your own p.o.v. that way.

If you say, "Article ice is receding" people nod their heads because that's a fact. If you say "Arctic ice hasn't changed in 50 years" you'll get a slew of good info about arctic ice without having to google it, usually the most telling and profound ones (which you can then double-check).

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Psycho Society posted:

I love how terrible this thread is, and that it keeps trudging on in the face of terrible adversity. It's my guilty pleasure thread.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

Those are the only posts I promise you are 100% true and real.

Hmmm.

I've finally come to a decision about you. And you're not going to like it.

:argh:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Pick posted:

Usually when I'm trolling it's because I want to hear someone else articulate the reasons I feel a certain way, and it's way easier to get someone to do that if you take the opposite stance. People put way more effort into telling you why you're wrong than why you're right, and you get good information for your own p.o.v. that way.

This is the most bad troll yet imo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
DA2 probably wasnt good but I like it the most.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Pick posted:

If you say, "Article ice is receding" people nod their heads because that's a fact. If you say "Arctic ice hasn't changed in 50 years" you'll get a slew of good info about arctic ice without having to google it, usually the most telling and profound ones (which you can then double-check).
Actually Arctic Ice hasn't been a flavor of gum for fifty loving years.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Googling isnt hard btw

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Psycho Society posted:

Googling isnt hard btw

Google's algorithm is hosed up and isn't the best way to get most info any more imho.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hmmm.

I've finally come to a decision about you. And you're not going to like it.

:argh:

I've never claimed it's a good game on purpose. It's a game that challenges your relationship with video games. It asks you hard questions about yourself and the narratives that appeal to you versus reality. Loot doesn't scale in the real world, hombre.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I think it just needed more than a year of dev time TBH. I like a lot of what they were aiming for in concept, but the execution felt a bit half-assed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

I've never claimed it's a good game on purpose. It's a game that challenges your relationship with video games. It asks you hard questions about yourself and the narratives that appeal to you versus reality. Loot doesn't scale in the real world, hombre.

Just play a mage and then equipment doesn't matter.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm sorry pick but dragon age 2 is very bad

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I think it just needed more than a year of dev time TBH. I like a lot of what they were aiming for in concept, but the execution felt a bit half-assed.

It could have been better, and needed some content it doesn't have, but it's easy to say it's the best video game of all time, because 99.9% of video games are 100% poo poo. So yeah, it's the best of the like maybe 10-15 good video games ever made.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

It could have been better, and needed some content it doesn't have, but it's easy to say it's the best video game of all time, because 99.9% of video games are 100% poo poo. So yeah, it's the best of the like maybe 10-15 good video games ever made.

Is this that game where you can have gay sex with a Minotaur demon, because if so I assume thats why you like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

blarzgh posted:

Is this that game where you can have gay sex with a Minotaur demon, because if so I assume thats why you like it.

No that's Dragon Age Inquisition which I didn't much care for.