Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

88h88 posted:

I don't believe this is real for a second. It just can't be. Can it?

It's a joke text from what looks like a chan site. More famous in the Rawhide Kobayashi version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Tusen Takk posted:

Firefox has crashed

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

88h88 posted:

I don't believe this is real for a second. It just can't be. Can it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGEY1PXkNt4

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dKwHOfd2dk

Edit: Unrelated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5ahIVoQ9ME

cinci zoo sniper has a new favorite as of 14:27 on Feb 3, 2015

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

axolotl farmer posted:

It's a joke text from what looks like a chan site. More famous in the Rawhide Kobayashi version.

"Both Texas and Oklahoma dialect." That's just gorgeous.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That must be an incredibly sharp vibroblade to leave such a jagged water jug corpse! But the price is a whopping $59.99 from some random website for a movie replica, it must be handmade

e: Watch as he teaches you how to use a survival hatchet to build a survival shelter for while you're out adventuring! All you need is the survival hatchet and what you find out in the woods... And a large waterproof cloth and a coil of rope. With how the guy handles his stuff I feel like it belongs in the OSHA thread as part of one of those workplace safety videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbEJJvt94Vg&t=200s

e2: I just noticed that his adventuring clothing includes open-toed flipflop sandles :allears:

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 14:43 on Feb 3, 2015

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Senior Woodchuck posted:

"Both Texas and Oklahoma dialect." That's just gorgeous.

If he indeed exists, I honestly wish Rawhide Kobayashi the best. Good luck man, hope you're out there drilling for oil, branding cattle, searing steaks just right on the barbeque behind your sprawling Texas ranch, and most importantly, slaying shitloads of white girl pussy. Like the white girls with the big titties and the daisy dukes and the cowboy hats.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Oh my god, that is beautiful.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Tusen Takk posted:

He seems like he isn't confident in his spoken Japanese, but he could just be nervous and put off by the two hosts mocking him.

My favourite part is how he thinks its cool to be otaku when even Hayao Miyazaki has this to say:

related: Japanese otaku:

Whoa, learned some new poo poo today

Content

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

VoidBurger posted:

Also a lady that made bank off modeling a bunch of virtual clothes, which someone e-stole the designs of and they went to court over it.

I used to work in IP law, and every single legal document we ever wrote included a clause covering Second Life rights, which is the most surreal thing I can think of. I was just outrageously flabbergasted the first time it came up.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Sentient Data posted:

That must be an incredibly sharp vibroblade to leave such a jagged water jug corpse! But the price is a whopping $59.99 from some random website for a movie replica, it must be handmade

e: Watch as he teaches you how to use a survival hatchet to build a survival shelter for while you're out adventuring! All you need is the survival hatchet and what you find out in the woods... And a large waterproof cloth and a coil of rope. With how the guy handles his stuff I feel like it belongs in the OSHA thread as part of one of those workplace safety videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbEJJvt94Vg&t=200s

e2: I just noticed that his adventuring clothing includes open-toed flipflop sandles :allears:

Wrong, Will is great.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

aas Bandit posted:

Fun starts at 15:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sCUrhgXjH4

This is magical. It's incredibly entertaining to watch him do his best lawyer-ly evasion dance and have it utterly fail.
Being forced to give direct answers to direct questions...poor bastard.

This really is a pro-click. None of his tricks work- vague answers, legalese, doubletalk. He is forced to "um. um." his way through answers that finally resort in "no." or "yes."

It's great.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ZenMaster posted:

Miyazaki didn't say those things, I don't think, random subtitle on some doc about his life or something maybe?

EDIT: Ok, now I don't even know...
This is the trailer for the documentary those gifs are pulled from afaik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxI9WmgqWWU

Bonus: look what I found while looking for the clip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuyfcCXrnr8
"Wow Mee-zaki, that was hurtful" and also "Ga-hibli" :allears:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Centripetal Horse posted:

Is dude's Japanese passable? I didn't notice any obvious communications issues, although I could not sit through the entire thing.

Seems like he picked up a lot of good habits during his early years of formal language classes, but you can tell he needs to spend more time speaking with actual people and less time watching anime (and not just for the sake of his language skills).

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Tusen Takk posted:

related: Japanese otaku:

Yikes. This is like every WWII stereotype come to life.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
At what point does ugliness become birth deformity?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Gorilla Salad posted:

At what point does ugliness become birth deformity?

whatever it was that stopped your mom from agreeing with the doctor when you were born

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

WoodrowSkillson posted:

whatever it was that stopped your mom from agreeing with the doctor when you were born

"tax credit"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Phanatic posted:

You want some law-talking schadenfreude?

To sum up, the state puts a lying jailhouse snitch on the stand. The state prosecutor lies to the court to vouch for the lying witness. At no time was the prosecutor charged, disciplined, or even investigated. At no point was the lying witness charged with perjury. At no point did the AG's office even seem to care. At no point did the state courts seem to care. And even more fun, this case was a murder-for-hire, and the state charged the guy who supposedly accepted the job and *let the guy who hired him walk*.

The guy arguing in front of this three-judge panel is the current state prosecutor who gets the unenviable taste of dealing with three judges, Kozinsky, Wardlaw, and Fletcher, who have a history of bitch-slapping overreaching prosecutors (See here for another fun example), while they express in clear terms their suspicion of prosecutorial misconduct.

Fun starts at 15:50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sCUrhgXjH4

This is dated January 8th and they gave him a week to contact the Attorney General. Do you happen to know what's occurred since then?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Tips for bullying smaller children: make sure there's not a cop standing right behind you

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

This is dated January 8th and they gave him a week to contact the Attorney General. Do you happen to know what's occurred since then?

LA Times posted:

Kozinski, who in the past has spoken out about an "epidemic" of prosecutorial misconduct, asked Vienna whether Harris was aware of the case. Vienna indicated she probably was not. Kozinski told him to get her attention within 48 hours. Harris would need to take action if her office wanted to avoid an embarrassing ruling, Kozinski said.

"Make sure she understands the gravity of the situation," Kozinski said, adding that the case "speaks very poorly for the attorney general's office."

Harris, a candidate for U.S. Senate, changed course. Her office decided last week not to oppose Baca's challenge.

Mike Hestrin, Riverside County's newly elected district attorney, did not concede that the prosecutors' "misconduct" was intentional, but said his office would investigate the prosecutors' actions and retry Baca.

It will be Baca's third trial.

Looks like he did what was told and Baca is getting re-tried.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Oldstench posted:

Looks like he did what was told and Baca is getting re-tried.

It's loving horrible how likely it is that her campaign is the main reason she's backing down.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

If she hadn't of backed down the court would have brutalized her office in its opinion, campaign or not.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

http://blog.simplejustice.us/2015/01/24/not-in-my-court-they-dont/

quote:

Update: An email from Brian Tannebaum raised a really good question (I know, but it can happen, blind squirrel and all): More than a week has passed since argument, and Judge Kozinski gave the AG a week, but there is no information available about what, if anything, happened within that week.

And so . . .

Via Will Baude, the state, by Supervising Deputy Attorney General Kevin Vienna, sought more time for “adequate deliberation” as it was “undergoing careful consideration,” as opposed to that really crappy consideration they go through before deciding whether to lie and suborn perjury. The Court granted the additional two weeks with the foreful final note that they state should “update” the court by January 29th of the “status of discussions.” Oh boy. They are really, really gonna name names if they don’t get updated.

Apparently, California caved and the Court quietly entered this order:

"Respondent’s unopposed motion to summarily reverse the district court’s judgment is hereby GRANTED.

The judgment below is REVERSED. The district court is directed to enter an order granting a conditional writ of habeas corpus, releasing Baca from custody unless the state of California retries him within a reasonable period of time."

REVERSED and REMANDED. The mandate shall issue forthwith.
Not a word, nor a name, mentioning a prosecutor engaged in impropriety. Baca walks (or gets retried) and it never happened. Poof.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VVgXziUWco

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Tips for bullying smaller children: make sure there's not a cop standing right behind you

Found source.

http://cdn.voxus.tv/media/videos/v_f12649163f491c69aa67d1ebf87bd70e.mp4

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

:tviv: webm's with sound. This is a game changer!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

:tviv: webm's with sound. This is a game changer!

I'm skeptical that you are being sincere here.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Is that Portuguese? and why in the name of god was whoever filming it screeching like that jfc

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ople-ntsb-says/

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Holy poo poo, I figured this was going to be something about the cell phone loving with the electronics or something else probably bullshit. No, they were taking selfies with the pilot.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
I wanna see an Air Crash Investigations episode on that.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
At least in this incident only the idiots using the phones died.

And the next story is http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...arbecue-ensues/

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Holy poo poo, I figured this was going to be something about the cell phone loving with the electronics or something else probably bullshit. No, they were taking selfies with the pilot.

This showed up in a sidebar as a related story:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2014/08/11/polish-couple-fall-off-cliff-and-die-while-taking-selfies/

All stereotypes are true.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet

idiot 1 posted:

what is this i dont even

idiot 2 posted:

the hawk man flung the flibbety bob to the yuppie

idiot 3 posted:

hand egg

idiot 4 posted:

basketball is only played by black people

"idiot 5-104 posted:

racist

smart person posted:

<insert unrelated schadenfreude here>

idiot 105-160 posted:

racist

mod posted:

keep going and you get probated

probated idiot posted:

racist

User was probated for this post.

im pooping! has a new favorite as of 23:14 on Feb 3, 2015

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I dunno if it's possible to experience the freude and feel bad for the guy. Maybe the freude goes to the Doctor?

How comically mortifying. Doctor sent me to a place with no open MRI's. Obviously didn't fit in a regular one. Now back to square one. Fml.

If you don't know who Boogie is, he's a rather large internet guy who has struggled with losing weight for a while now, not quite successfully. I can't remember the specifics, but I think this MRI is related to him recently learning that his difficulty might be glandular (thyroid?) based.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

jeese that cop has the death stare down pat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread