Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

u get me :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hello thread, thanks for making games great again.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I went over this in another thread, but Jason might be autistic or he may not be.

He definitely had elephantiasis, and his mom was clearly bipolar and maybe schizophrenic. The remake shows that he has severe anger issues, PTSD relating to his mother's death, but he is otherwise shown to be very intelligent. He has a working understanding of how power boxes and phone lines work, he knows how to track some one down across the country and can even make a phone call to confirm that it is them if he is motivated.

He's also smart enough to be able to construct a shack, with an oddly clean toilet, out of literal garbage.

If he's somewhere on the autism scale, it's pretty high up there. It may just be a result of having no one to raise him and living alone in the woods after what little school teaching he got in the 50s, if he got anything other than home schooled.

He also may have been dead for 2, 3 and 4 without realizing it, considering how 6 plays out and what Freddy VS Jason says and shows, so who knows how that affected his brain.

Now can we please stop making this thread loving miserable to read through thank you

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
My favorite thing about Friday the 13th is when silly stuff like an army of AJ's running towards the Police escape happens.

This wasn't even intentional at all. It was a random pubbie match where I just played scum AJ and stayed away from everyone + Jason. Managed to get an Axe + Pocket Knife early and knew I could easily wait out for the police and hid in a cupboard around Higgins Haven. Once the police came up, all the AJ's just started to congregate on the street and casually stroll down towards a waiting Jason. It was honestly one of the more surreal moments that I've had playing the game and I was chuckling to myself throughout.

Best part of it was that we all ended up surviving since I got a good axe stun into Jason. All hail the mighty AJ Master Race.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Burkion posted:

He's also smart enough to be able to construct a shack, with an oddly clean toilet, out of literal garbage.

Y'know, that's a strange detail. Jason, of all people, still needs to take a poo poo.

Do you think Chad leaves the toilet seat up when he's done

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Rich people do not use a toilet.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
chad throws wadded up toilet paper on the bathroom floor, then takes a cell phone picture of it and tweets it out

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Fyi the toilet in Jason's shack doesn't work for a environmental kill. I suspect that Jason doesn't actually poo poo in it. Instead it is decoration. He wants to be just like everyone else but mommy won't let him.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
So does Jason Poop in the woods? Does Jason poop at all? Does Jason even eat? Someone answer these questions for me, thanks.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I think he feeds on hope and farts fear.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Roy definitely shits.

His killing spree was almost 24 hours long, so he definitely peed. If he didn't poop during that time he certainly did when he died. Just lots of poop in the dungarees as he lay on that farm equipment, butthole tension gone, squirting dook.

Zombie Jason probably pooped when he died which is why he changed outfits despite being a zombie.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lastdancer posted:

So does Jason Poop in the woods? Does Jason poop at all? Does Jason even eat? Someone answer these questions for me, thanks.

If you follow the thread that Jason only believed he was alive, but was a zombie undead horror thing from the first movie on, then he doesn't NEED to eat, but he did. If you just think he was alive for 2, 3 and 4, then the same basically applies. We have evidence of him eating animals that he caught and killed in the woods.

After he realized he was undead/became undead, he no longer ate at any time.

Likely he did, in fact, take shits while alive. He couldn't while he was undead because his digestive track was kind of not working.

The other factor is that Jason has extreme regeneration, kept going through presumably supernatural means. This is why he looked alive in the early days, until 4, and why he looks alive in Jason X until he becomes Uber Jason. If he goes long enough without getting the utter poo poo kicked out of him, he regenerates to the point of looking almost normal. We see this regeneration in action in Freddy VS Jason, and it's straight up confirmed in Jason X.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Roy definitely shits.

His killing spree was almost 24 hours long, so he definitely peed. If he didn't poop during that time he certainly did when he died. Just lots of poop in the dungarees as he lay on that farm equipment, butthole tension gone, squirting dook.

Zombie Jason probably pooped when he died which is why he changed outfits despite being a zombie.

Jason actually doesn't change outfits that often after he becomes a zombie.

He's wearing the same clothing from 6, 7 and 8, and only changes into what he's wearing in part 9 because his clothes were likely destroyed by toxic waste. A large amount of time passed between 8 and 9, putting Jason Goes to Hell somewhere in the loving 2000s, because he almost has a normal skin tone again and hair, but is still severely burned from the toxic waste.

Now there's a sight for you- naked Jason running around New York looking for clothing.

The real question is where the gently caress he got his jacket in Freddy VS Jason, because when he got dragged to hell he wasn't wearing remotely the same clothing.

I can do this all goddamn day

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpPYOBCgw_U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ypOJp33YMs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5cdEBaMZD0

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Burkion posted:

If you follow the thread that Jason only believed he was alive, but was a zombie undead horror thing from the first movie on, then he doesn't NEED to eat, but he did. If you just think he was alive for 2, 3 and 4, then the same basically applies. We have evidence of him eating animals that he caught and killed in the woods.

After he realized he was undead/became undead, he no longer ate at any time.

Likely he did, in fact, take shits while alive. He couldn't while he was undead because his digestive track was kind of not working.

The other factor is that Jason has extreme regeneration, kept going through presumably supernatural means. This is why he looked alive in the early days, until 4, and why he looks alive in Jason X until he becomes Uber Jason. If he goes long enough without getting the utter poo poo kicked out of him, he regenerates to the point of looking almost normal. We see this regeneration in action in Freddy VS Jason, and it's straight up confirmed in Jason X.

Jason actually doesn't change outfits that often after he becomes a zombie.

He's wearing the same clothing from 6, 7 and 8, and only changes into what he's wearing in part 9 because his clothes were likely destroyed by toxic waste. A large amount of time passed between 8 and 9, putting Jason Goes to Hell somewhere in the loving 2000s, because he almost has a normal skin tone again and hair, but is still severely burned from the toxic waste.

Now there's a sight for you- naked Jason running around New York looking for clothing.

The real question is where the gently caress he got his jacket in Freddy VS Jason, because when he got dragged to hell he wasn't wearing remotely the same clothing.

I can do this all goddamn day

I believe his outfit in 6 is different than 4 because he has those weird rear end work gloves in 6.

He totally changes outfits from 7/8 because he's in tattered rags in part 7, but how the gently caress did he get his new outfit/mask for part 8? Unless we assume that Jason is active in between movies, which doesn't work either because he's always in the same place at the start of the next movie that he was at the end of the last.

:spergin:

What I'm saying is the continuity with this franchise is kinda funky and yet it makes more sense than any of the other slasher franchises and manages to be consistently entertaining throughout.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

joylessdivision posted:

I believe his outfit in 6 is different than 4 because he has those weird rear end work gloves in 6.

He totally changes outfits from 7/8 because he's in tattered rags in part 7, but how the gently caress did he get his new outfit/mask for part 8? Unless we assume that Jason is active in between movies, which doesn't work either because he's always in the same place at the start of the next movie that he was at the end of the last.

:spergin:

What I'm saying is the continuity with this franchise is kinda funky and yet it makes more sense than any of the other slasher franchises and manages to be consistently entertaining throughout.

His outfit is totally different in 6, as well it should be. He was likely given new clothing for his burial, since they don't make a habit of burying people in blood soaked rags.

We also see where he gets the gloves, and his belt, from. It's from the super pissed off rear end in a top hat with the machete.

With 8, he's wearing the same clothing he had in part 7, they're just even slimier due to spending even longer under water. We explicitly see where he gets his new mask from, on the boat that woke him up.

It's like you're not even trying to have a Jason Info Fight with me come on

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

Burkion posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Burkion posted:

His outfit is totally different in 6, as well it should be. He was likely given new clothing for his burial, since they don't make a habit of burying people in blood soaked rags.

We also see where he gets the gloves, and his belt, from. It's from the super pissed off rear end in a top hat with the machete.

With 8, he's wearing the same clothing he had in part 7, they're just even slimier due to spending even longer under water. We explicitly see where he gets his new mask from, on the boat that woke him up.

A. It's been about 2 or 3 years since I last sat down to watch the whole franchise, so I admit my memory is hazy.

B. :catdrugs:

I'm going to jump in on Xbox shortly, see if I can wrangle up a decent game.

Changed my gamertag to DavidDellamorte so if anyone is wondering about that on their friends list

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

:stonklol:

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Burkion posted:

He didn't have the saggy right eye from 6 on that he did in the earlier movies.

I hope they add in the ability to knock Jason's mask off.

Kak fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 17, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You voted this thread 1, go hog wild!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kak posted:

He didn't have the saggy right eye from 6 on that he did in the earlier movies.

I hope they add in the ability to knock Jason's mask off.

Well his left eye got destroyed by Tommy at the end of four, so his regeneration went and fixed up the other one. Not that he really needs eyes to see. Jason X and Freddy VS Jason show that he has both eyes again, and Freddy VS Jason shows him regenerating his eyes pretty quickly. Freddy stabs them out, and then a scene later they're back for the rest of the film.

Jason's regeneration is also the only real explanation for why his design changes so radically. Though the stark difference between 2 and 3 Jason, the biggest leap, is easily explained- what we saw of Part 2 Jason wasn't the truth. Jason attacking Ginny at the end was only in her head, and her boyfriend, Paul I think? Had been killed by Jason already. So presumably in Part 2, he actually looked like he did in 3, but Ginny saw it different for whatever reason.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

:yikes:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Burkion posted:

Well his left eye got destroyed by Tommy at the end of four, so his regeneration went and fixed up the other one. Not that he really needs eyes to see. Jason X and Freddy VS Jason show that he has both eyes again, and Freddy VS Jason shows him regenerating his eyes pretty quickly. Freddy stabs them out, and then a scene later they're back for the rest of the film.

Jason's regeneration is also the only real explanation for why his design changes so radically. Though the stark difference between 2 and 3 Jason, the biggest leap, is easily explained- what we saw of Part 2 Jason wasn't the truth. Jason attacking Ginny at the end was only in her head, and her boyfriend, Paul I think? Had been killed by Jason already. So presumably in Part 2, he actually looked like he did in 3, but Ginny saw it different for whatever reason.

Wait so you're saying Friday 2 was all a bizarre fever dream recollection of what actually happened, including Jason looking radically different.

If that's what you're saying, it makes no sense at all.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Honestly, it weirded me out seeing clips of Jason part 8. They got his costume so dead on (HURR) I thought I was looking at the movie.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Finally got a game that didn't crash and tried a slow Jason with a spear. Some of them were kids and they of course died messily when it happened. It was a Jason stomp for half the group since they traveled together the whole time with weapons on them. I was disappointed in the lack of destruction I was allowed for the stragglers and the not-a-Jason-dropout at the start.
My traps were masterfully placed at the front of the cars with each victim carrying a battery off the corpse of another, only to fall for the next trap I stacked. The stragglers got wiped out quickly by the time I heard a car start. A Four seater going backwards and I timed those cooldowns so that they kept driving away from the close exit. Driving forward was a problem for them since they kept crashing after seeing me in their mirror, letting me pick the driver off and they waste some weapons on me. They always drove off because the prompt to Jason smash wasn't working. What is the key to smash a car engine anyway? I parked myself at the first exit and stared at them while they drove off and told me their plans the whole time. I waited a good bit now that I can handle fakeouts and morphed at the other exit, causing a rear end with my face. Meandered over to pick up the driver and Tommy shot both of us in the face, then hit my last trap I lazily put down on the road. The rest kept heading to the car while I pretended to feign interest and grabbed the lemmings through the window while they started it up. I am not angry at being denied a Jason wipe since I ruined a round for someone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

joylessdivision posted:

Wait so you're saying Friday 2 was all a bizarre fever dream recollection of what actually happened, including Jason looking radically different.

If that's what you're saying, it makes no sense at all.

Only the ending bit where Ginny gets attacked by Jason through the window is a fever dream.

Everything up to Ginny driving the machete through Jason's shoulder happened. After that is when reality breaks. We know this because her boyfriend comes back to get her after she takes down Jason, when in reality he's dead in the ending and Jason is still on the ground. It also fits with the theme of the first three movies having fake endings just before the true one happens.

Friday 1- Kid Jason attacks Alice in the boat. She wakes up to find there was no boy.

Friday 2- Ginny is attacked by Jason through the window, with her boyfriend and that dog that Jason ate still alive. She wakes up to find she's the only survivor and is delirious from blood loss.

Friday 3- Whatshername is attacked by ZOMBIE PAM in a boat to mimic the first movie.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Press "E" to kill Jason.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Duster makes the best bludgeon to stop the phone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That is loving amazing to know

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Look what I found during one of the goon games. So yeah, proof for the idea that you can find the first dead guy in-game.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Duster makes the best bludgeon to stop the phone.

why is it so dark?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Burkion posted:

He's wearing the same clothing from 6, 7 and 8, and only changes into what he's wearing in part 9 because

Nah, babe.

(finding a clear shot of the 7 costume is hard)

The only similarities are the dungaree shirt. But they're very different, and 8 would have to have reverse-decayed.

Also the 3 masks are extremely different.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Nah, babe.

(finding a clear shot of the 7 costume is hard)

The only similarities are the dungaree shirt. But they're very different, and 8 would have to have reverse-decayed.

Also the 3 masks are extremely different.

The 7 costume is just the 6 costume having rotted away on his frame.

The 8 costume is the same idea, just not as well done because 8 Jason doesn't look as good. Beyond that, it's just costume continuity issues, like the fact that Jason's shirt changes colors between 3 and 4 despite being the same outfit. Same deal here- it's supposed to be the same outfit, but costuming didn't get it right. That and they didn't continue the super zombie look he had in 7 either, unfortunately.

The mask between 6 and 7 only really looks different in color, which is explainable due to how long it was underwater, and the axe wound, which is another continuity flub from costuming. The rest of it, notably the missing piece near the jaw, is due to damage it received in 6 carrying over to 7.

The part 8 mask is just straight up a new one he picked up.

Those are things you just kind of have to over look, like Jason's physical features wildly changing from movie to movie.

If you want to get fucky with it, you could say Jason regenerated his clothing some how between 7 and 8, but that would be very silly.

As far as the narrative of the movies go, those are supposed to be the same clothes from 6 to 8.

EDIT- the funny thing is the axe wound really. It makes sense why Tommy included the axe wound when he made the new mask, that's what he thinks of when he thinks Jason. But why a random rear end hockey mask on some dude's boat has a vaguely similar injury on it, who the gently caress knows.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

While 8 is my true love, I can always appreciate 6 for looking like an electrician gone postal.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Question for those who have been playing longer: if I find battery and gas relatively close to the two seater, am I an rear end in a top hat for trying to fix that up and go? People get mad at me for not saving stuff for the four seater, but it's like a) you expect to trudge my rear end across the map b) it's slower and c) it just gives Jason more time to get that much more powerful. I feel like focusing on the stuff that's closer to you makes it more likely to actually succeed in your objective rather than traipsing back and forth across the map and get yourself noticed by Jason. Also in almost every game I play he camps the four door at some point.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Only the ending bit where Ginny gets attacked by Jason through the window is a fever dream.

Everything up to Ginny driving the machete through Jason's shoulder happened. After that is when reality breaks. We know this because her boyfriend comes back to get her after she takes down Jason, when in reality he's dead in the ending and Jason is still on the ground. It also fits with the theme of the first three movies having fake endings just before the true one happens.

Friday 1- Kid Jason attacks Alice in the boat. She wakes up to find there was no boy.

Friday 2- Ginny is attacked by Jason through the window, with her boyfriend and that dog that Jason ate still alive. She wakes up to find she's the only survivor and is delirious from blood loss.

Friday 3- Whatshername is attacked by ZOMBIE PAM in a boat to mimic the first movie.

e: nevermind, I misread your post

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 18, 2017

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DrNutt posted:

Question for those who have been playing longer: if I find battery and gas relatively close to the two seater, am I an rear end in a top hat for trying to fix that up and go? People get mad at me for not saving stuff for the four seater, but it's like a) you expect to trudge my rear end across the map b) it's slower and c) it just gives Jason more time to get that much more powerful. I feel like focusing on the stuff that's closer to you makes it more likely to actually succeed in your objective rather than traipsing back and forth across the map and get yourself noticed by Jason. Also in almost every game I play he camps the four door at some point.

Adam, Buggzy, Lachappa, Kenny, Kim, Vanessa, and Jenny would fix the 4 seater.

AJ and Tiffany would fix the 2 seater.

Chad would get someone to help fix the 2 seater then ditch them.

Play to your character. :colbert:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

DrNutt posted:

Is your Steam name HugePunchingBag or something? People get mad at you and call you names simply for existing, it seems.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grem posted:

Is your Steam name HugePunchingBag or something? People get mad at you and call you names simply for existing, it seems.

He's sensitive.

DrNutt posted:

Do whatever. I put one of each item in each car for more points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So I learned a very valuable lesson in that Traps do exactly 50% of your health in damage by walking into two of them surrounding the phone while Jason was distracted with a getaway car. Needless to say, I was surprised when I triggered the second trap to find that I got murdered. Remember kids, don't be me.

• Locked thread