Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

HGH posted:

Sounds like it's approximately "Crown of the X King" length from what I've heard.

I always felt that sunken and iron were a little longer than ivory (not counting challenge areas)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The reviewer says 3 hours to complete and an extra hour for collecting everything so 4 hours total. That's about the length of each of the DS2 DLC's so that sounds good to me.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Genocyber posted:

The reviewer says 3 hours to complete and an extra hour for collecting everything so 4 hours total. That's about the length of each of the DS2 DLC's so that sounds good to me.

With only two I was hoping for a little more, but heck I'll take it.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I think they've said that this one will be shorter and the next one will be longer.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Djeser posted:

I think they've said that this one will be shorter and the next one will be longer.

Oh cool!

By the way, have they said how you actually get to the dlc area?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Genocyber posted:

I thought the ds2 dlcs were longer and that was artorias' length?? Maybe I suck :(

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you care about spoilers don't read that review, it's extremely spoilery(even describing the bosses).

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh cool!

By the way, have they said how you actually get to the dlc area?

I'm guessing somewhere in Irithyll, possibly Anor Londo.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 21, 2016

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Lakbay posted:

I always felt that sunken and iron were a little longer than ivory (not counting challenge areas)

They absolutely were; Ivory sorta made up for it by having it change halfway through and having you re-trek through it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I will wait for goons opinions before deciding to purchase or not.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
if you didn't buy the deluxe edition even though it was a penny more expensive than the game + season pass you're not a true dark souls fan :colbert:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

oldpainless posted:

It's good

source: me 5 days from now

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

oldpainless posted:

The new weapons alone look worth buying it for.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i haven't done the whole DLC in a hot minute, but DS1 expansion couldn't have been more than 4 hours of pve content. it likely felt longer because everyone died vs artorias 100 times, but the actual maps are pretty short. garden > oolacile town > abyss, with the side area for kalameet.

oh poo poo, since DS3 rips off DS1 in every way, ultra-kalameet better be the hidden boss of the final DLC the same way NK is the hidden boss of the base game.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i haven't done the whole DLC in a hot minute, but DS1 expansion couldn't have been more than 4 hours of pve content. it likely felt longer because everyone died vs artorias 100 times, but the actual maps are pretty short. garden > oolacile town > abyss, with the side area for kalameet.

They're about on par with a lot of areas of Dark Souls 3, e.g. High Wall, though. It sounds like this DLC is one fairly large area and pretty short even before you git gud.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

:siren: Xbox One goons with the Season Pass can currently download Ashes of Ariandel early. Get while the getting's good :siren:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fuligin posted:

:siren: Xbox One goons with the Season Pass can currently download Ashes of Ariandel early. Get while the getting's good :siren:

I'd shake my fist at the sky, but xbone owners need something to justify their purchase so this is fine by me.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Genocyber posted:

I'd shake my fist at the sky, but xbone owners need something to justify their purchase so this is fine by me.

xboners

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Genocyber posted:

I'm doubly annoyed because I thought it was dropping tomorrow :downs:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So is this thread gonna be open season for spoilers or what?

RatHat posted:

The new weapons alone look worth buying it for.

I'm gonna cry if the torch turns out to be garbage. I've wanted to use a torch as a real weapon since DS1.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
There are going to be spoiler tags for the first few days, and then after like, two weeks have passed people aren't going to bother anymore.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

It would be nice if we could black bar spoilers until like, at least official release date.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Fuligin posted:

It would be nice if we could black bar spoilers until like, at least official release date.

As a veteran of the something awful forums since, like, Demon's Souls was still rumored for western release, I wouldn't recommend reading anything until four hours after the DLC comes out, because you'll have finished it then.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fuligin posted:

If anyone cares what I say I don't give a poo poo about spoilers, let 'em fly un-tagged for all I care, but for keeping this thread useful for discourse it's probably best if people tag 'em for a few weeks.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The axe moveset feels faster, but it's hard to put my finger on exactly how. I think it might be less recovery time.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

The axe moveset feels faster, but it's hard to put my finger on exactly how. I think it might be less recovery time.

I'm pretty sure it's decreased time between swings, so yeah, what you said. That was actually how different "classes" of greatsword varied in speed in DS1 (e.g. Claymore vs. Black Knight Sword).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Peeve is streaming the DLC right now for those for whom the secrets beckon so sweetly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Some early testing of the changes in the patch

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/58letq/patch_108_regulation_120_early_testing_results/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did the pre-DLC patch hit already?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sakurazuka posted:

Did the pre-DLC patch hit already?

It's up I think, but I can't seem to get steam to update the game.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man, I just can't get excited for this when I have one character early in NG and another early in NG+. I had planned to get at least one DLC-ready back in summer but I completely burnt out on the game and haven't played on over 3 months so now I'm hosed for DLC prep.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Genocyber posted:

It's good

source: me 5 days from now

It's good

Says me since I've been playing it for hours

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

Man, I just can't get excited for this when I have one character early in NG and another early in NG+. I had planned to get at least one DLC-ready back in summer but I completely burnt out on the game and haven't played on over 3 months so now I'm hosed for DLC prep.

I never started NG+ cause I was waiting for these DLCs, but apparently DS3 doesn't have Steam Cloud so I'm hosed anyway :geno:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Once you've beaten the game you can clear all of the required content on NG+ in like 2 hours. Just sprint through every a zone and summon SunBros for boss fights.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
So they didn't fix poise, gently caress this game worst ds in the observable universe.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
Played the DLC for about 40 minutes on a NG character around level 80. It was a lot of fun and more challenging than I was expecting, expecting that by the time I've finished it tomorrow half the internet will have either finished it or watched a streamer do so.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wolf Ring got nerfed hard. Used to provide 12.5 poise, now gives 4 without armor, at 25 armour poise it gives 3.

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

seems they buffed acid surge

(not my picture)

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Friendly Humour posted:

Wolf Ring got nerfed hard. Used to provide 12.5 poise, now gives 4 without armor, at 25 armour poise it gives 3.

4 poise at no armor sounds like a buff since it didnt give any previously.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Iretep posted:

4 poise at no armor sounds like a buff since it didnt give any previously.

Pretty sure it always gave 12.5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Well numbers showing and it actually working are two diffrent things. Last patch i remember someone complaining that wolf ring isnt considered armor so you cant have hyper armor in dragon form.