Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

They don't need a clown, they already have the FOOL.

Well, they're definitely having a fleshgod apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I don’t think this is really Mottom’s pride. Gog is not operating in good faith lol. She was always going to ask for one inch farther than anyone else would grant all the way up to self-annihilating submission to Gog herself.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I don’t think this is really Mottom’s pride. Gog is not operating in good faith lol. She was always going to ask for one inch farther than anyone else would grant all the way up to self-annihilating submission to Gog herself.

gog instantly growing a beard then demanding everyone acknowledge she has the better beard than dave

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

very rude to talk about your pal this way

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

the holy poopacy posted:

I don't see a denial there.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I have a feeling that we are about to get Jadis's proper introduction soon, bearer of the word Mind and all.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i cannot make guarantees because that's a fool's game and operant's an extremely clever writer but i absolutely do not feel like if anyone's going to be a tastemaker in this fight it's going to be jadis. it's like expecting gordon gekko to be the guy to solve the problem of insider trading

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

the holy poopacy posted:

Spoilers: Gog isn't anyone's pal, and never has been in the entirety of its existence.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

Spoilers: Gog isn't anyone's pal, and never has been in the entirety of its existence.

Incorrect. Gog is my pal.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I suspect this just means that Juggs will be sealed longer, but just in a limited way still, since I don't see him just letting Rayuba have a war for it while he is free. He'd totally level it.

Given there will be supposedly be another training arc with Auntie Maya, perhaps it will be so?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

thechosenone posted:

I suspect this just means that Juggs will be sealed longer, but just in a limited way still, since I don't see him just letting Rayuba have a war for it while he is free. He'd totally level it.

Given there will be supposedly be another training arc with Auntie Maya, perhaps it will be so?

My guess is both sides of this exchange are going to get absolutely destroyed by the clash, leaving both of them needing to lick their wounds.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

thechosenone posted:

maybe dave can do some elaborate self-sacrificing time stoppage thing that leaves juggs all tied up but the demiurges side without their main threat that actually wants to defend Rayuba (and presumably mottom and co gently caress off)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

maybe they'll all gently caress in a big pile

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

first predictable page in....a year

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Stormgale posted:

My guess is both sides of this exchange are going to get absolutely destroyed by the clash, leaving both of them needing to lick their wounds.

yeah solomon can't come out of this functional

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Cowcaster posted:

maybe they'll all gently caress in a big pile

the oglaf thread is that way

when you get there ask them when the gently caress they're bringing the apprentice back

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I think the only potential kingmaker left in this scenario is auntie getting involved in some way, no one else has the juice and potential while being near the location to tilt the outcome and she hasn’t fired the Incubus related chekhov gun on the mantle yet - if the demiurges die here, that plot line doesn’t resolve.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Yeah if it wasn't "admit you need me" it would've been "admit I'm the best" or some poo poo. Gog is all about Gog and was always gonna make this about herself before chipping in.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's so very like the fuckup version of this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD05IVpnwFU

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Aug 8, 2021

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

You're not wrong mottom, you're just an rear end in a top hat

paranoid randroid posted:

mark it zero, incubus

Asgerd posted:

Say what you will about the tenets of Sword Law, but at least it's an ethos.

TwoPair posted:

This is what you get Mottom! This is what you get when you gently caress a worm queen in their pride!

Gog: "This aggression will not stand, man!"

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Nilbop posted:

when you get there ask them when the gently caress they're bringing the apprentice back

Didn't the artist just announce she was doing some long project involving the original cast?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So three ways I see this going from here.

Dave tries to call off the attack because it'll destroy his planet without the worm-bubble.

Jadis does something that gives a reason for why her unfrozen self is in the cover of the chapter.

Alison calls Mottom a clown.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

This cliffhanger is followed by an abrupt scene change and we spend the next three real-life years catching up with Allison's former roommates and their slice-of-life antics.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

ThaumPenguin posted:

This cliffhanger is followed by an abrupt scene change and we spend the next three real-life years catching up with Allison's former roommates and their slice-of-life antics.

Five year digression into all of the demiurges' ancestors and their own teenage chatlog dramas

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
If Gog believes that her infinite numbers will keep her fine, she should take another look at book V's title.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 8, 2021

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

If Gog believes that her infinite numbers will keep her fine, she should take another look at book V's title.

Lol

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

ThaumPenguin posted:

The comic becomes an attempt at an insightful and pertinent commentary on contemporary politics.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Nilbop posted:

There's an oglaf thread?!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

habeasdorkus posted:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

habeasdorkus posted:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Well where is it

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I came on it and it ran off, sorry.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
The sentient detachable penis has escaped my grasp once more.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Lots of awesome faces in these panels :D

I'm glad Gog wasn't bluffing. gently caress those assholes, they can make their own flesh moon thing and hold down Jagg (they can't actually lmao)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I still don't understand why they didn't just throw the spear through both of them.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Solomon, Mottom, and probably the dragon all die right now imo.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Solomon, Mottom, and probably the dragon all die right now imo.

Solomon's whole thing is 'superhuman lung capacity'. He'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't think he meant they were gonna suffocate